Theories for book four

julie54

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ladies, I saw a comment someone made on Sylvias facebook that both book 4and5 are done, that she is just waiting for the release dates from her publisher, did anybody else hear this??

If the 2 crossfire books are written and finished just waiting on penguin to release them hopefully soon !

Also am I right in thinking that the afterburn aftershock series are a different publisher to the crossfire series ?

But please Sylvia if your out there give us a snippet PLEASE!

I'm begging now for my Gideon hit

I was thinking the same thing ShazScott1980 my opinion with the books was the both of them were coming out together or (very close together)..Sylvia herself said she wanted to finish this series, but I m wondering were that women got that information from... I know I'm not the only one on here at least once a day lol and necer saw that info posted anywhere you??

Hello ladies, I saw a comment someone made on Sylvias facebook that both book 4and5 are done, that she is just waiting for the release dates from her publisher, did anybody else hear this??

I had heard her say that in one of the interviews   They were in the editing and final productions phase and the publisher decides the release date and since they moved the date on #3 a couple of times thats why she isn't saying anything til it if firm.  BUT it would be nice to get some tasty tidbits :) 

OK,  just looked at my facebook and see all the posts from Sylvia with the quotes from early on in Bared to You!  What was that all about?  I love them and all, but ....??  Jeez, I hope this is a prelude to either a real snippet from Captivated By You (like a chapter!) or the release date!  Any ideas?

OK,  just looked at my facebook and see all the posts from Sylvia with the quotes from early on in Bared to You!  What was that all about?  I love them and all, but ....??  Jeez, I hope this is a prelude to either a real snippet from Captivated By You (like a chapter!) or the release date!  Any ideas?

Ugh...this is so frustrating! It must be more so for Sylvia b/c she gets asked so many times a day about CBY. I feel bad for her. I wonder Penguin (if that's who is releasing it) is doing? Did they not learn from EWY that Sylvia's fans LOVE her books! Lol....She hasn't released anything...just that little 'treat' a couple of weeks ago. Weird, not even a snippet or cover info. She did say it would be released this year, it's already the end of Sept.

It was also weird that we got one random snippet for AFTERSHOCK.

Re-read EWY the other day. This one still aggravates me lol. So many obstacles and annoying bumps in their road to happiness. Brett & Corrine better beat it-quickly :)

Hello all... maybe she's been taking so long to release anything CBY related because she wanted to wrap up the series on her end and be done with it and THEN begin giving us more info and snippets. She has said before that she wants to finish the series quickly too because she has other projects she is under contract to write...

Since they announced the name of the 4 book "captivated by you", I keep thinking that Gideon could be in jail.

The same happens in entwined with you, obviously they get married.

Somehow Deanna find out that Gideon was the main suspect for the death of Nathan and she makes it public.  The true came to the spotlight, so they FBI reopen the case. They find out about the Eva and Gideon’s marriage so they suspect that there is something to hide with all the lies.

I really don’t know, we are just guessing right.

Since they announced the name of the 4 book "captivated by you", I keep thinking that Gideon could be in jail.

Somehow Deanna find out that Gideon was the main suspect for the death of Nathan and she makes it public.  The true came to the spotlight, so they FBI reopen the case. They find out about the Eva and Gideon’s marriage so they suspect that there is something to hide with all the lies.

Hi Flux Flor,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

We have all been discussing this topic with great interest.  Thus far, some of us believe that although it is a good theory, it may not be a possible one given the timing of the books and the characters.  Sylvia has remained true to her timeline, which at this point; Gideon and Eva are a few months into their relationship (and new marriage). 

If a murder charge or investigation were used as a theory, it would be difficult to carry a storyline over such a short period of time.  It takes far more time to conviene a grand jury and for someone to be prosecuted criminally.  There is also usually a large lag time between when a person is charged criminally and when they first appear in court for pretrials etc.  In Canada, it can range anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.  Perhaps it is different in the US.  Perhaps some of the ladies in the forum who have legal expertise can chime in.

On the otherhand, this book is a work of fiction..so who knows?  I know that many of us weren't expecting this whole Russian Mafia thing and that just came out of left field.  :)

Hello all... maybe she's been taking so long to release anything CBY related because she wanted to wrap up the series on her end and be done with it and THEN begin giving us more info and snippets. She has said before that she wants to finish the series quickly too because she has other projects she is under contract to write...

Hi Clauadine,

You could be right.  I have seen on Sylvia's website; that she has a lot of books coming out before the end of this year, so maybe she is finishing up her contractual obligations. I just hope that we get our hands on the next book before the end of this year.  Fingers crossed here...:)

Monica is very busy trying to meet Gideon's requirement for a quick wedding.  She is very stressed by the pressure but she succeeds.  At the reception, she faints from exhaustion.....she thinks but she is pregnant.   Baby daddy is Victor!!

REMINDER

Monica and Victor got together at Eva's apartment.  This was their second meeting after not seeing each other for 25 years.  Victor had returned to New York when he learned Eva had been abused by her stepbrother.  The love Victor and Monica felt for each other was obvious.

Most important, Monica is less then twenty years older then Eva.  Her age would be 43 or younger.

Monica is very busy trying to meet Gideon's requirement for a quick wedding.  She is very stressed by the pressure but she succeeds.  At the reception, she faints from exhaustion.....she thinks but she is pregnant.   Baby daddy is Victor!!

REMINDER

Monica and Victor got together at Eva's apartment.  This was their second meeting after not seeing each other for 25 years.  Victor had returned to New York when he learned Eva had been abused by her stepbrother.  The love Victor and Monica felt for each other was obvious.

Most important, Monica is less then twenty years older then Eva.  Her age would be 43 or younger.

Good theory Betty but I can't see how the book could go this way. 

• Monica hasn't been pregnant since Eva so she is either on birth control or can't have any more children.  All of her husbands can't be sterile. 
  • Besides that would be a terrible turn of events for Victor.  He suffered enough over the years and he knows he can never marry Monica.  She can't give up money regardless of how much she loves Victor.  She admitted this to Eva. 
  • Finally I just don't see Sylvia taking this road she loves a happily ever after and I don't think Eva would get there if she watched her dad hurt again.

As Gigi mentioned the timeline Sylvia set up doesn't fit for a murder trial.

Since Sylvia told us book 4 & 5 is Gideon's story I think Captivated is how Gideon is trapped in his history and how Eva sets him free.

Hi Flux Flor,

We have all been discussing this topic with great interest.  Thus far, some of us believe that although it is a good theory, it may not be a possible one given the timing of the books and the characters.  Sylvia has remained true to her timeline, which at this point; Gideon and Eva are a few months into their relationship (and new marriage). 

If a murder charge or investigation were used as a theory, it would be difficult to carry a storyline over such a short period of time.  It takes far more time to conviene a grand jury and for someone to be prosecuted criminally.  There is also usually a large lag time between when a person is charged criminally and when they first appear in court for pretrials etc.  In Canada, it can range anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.  Perhaps it is different in the US.  Perhaps some of the ladies in the forum who have legal expertise can chime in.

On the otherhand, this book is a work of fiction..so who knows?  I know that many of us weren't expecting this whole Russian Mafia thing and that just came out of left field.  :)

You're totally right. All the story is running so fast. There's no time for all that drama.

So, we have to wait to know the "real" story in the 4th book.

Thanks for the information.

I'm loving this community.

Hi Flux Flor,

You're totally right. All the story is running so fast. There's no time for all that drama.

So, we have to wait to know the "real" story in the 4th book.

Thanks for the information.

I'm loving this community.

REMINDER

Hi Betty,

What a delicious theory!  I know that it most likely won't happen but I haven't given up on a happily ever after Ms. Monica and I think that it would be a HUGE twist if Monica found herself pregnant again!  I am just sitting here giggling!  :)

Good theory Betty but I can't see how the book could go this way. 

• Monica hasn't been pregnant since Eva so she is either on birth control or can't have any more children.  All of her husbands can't be sterile. 
  • Besides that would be a terrible turn of events for Victor.  He suffered enough over the years and he knows he can never marry Monica.  She can't give up money regardless of how much she loves Victor.  She admitted this to Eva. 
  • Finally I just don't see Sylvia taking this road she loves a happily ever after and I don't think Eva would get there if she watched her dad hurt again.

HI Sharon,

I read your posting and I can see where you are coming from.  You bring up a good point about Monica not becoming pregnant all of these years and I wonder if Monica ever had to go down to the "Family Planning Clinic" for an emergency visit (wink, sad wink). 

From everything that we have been told; and it hasn't been a lot, Monica hasn't had any success with her marriages.  One had a son who was a (sociopathic/psychopathic rapist/torturer), was one a degenerate gambler (my speculation) and one who caves in at every single turn (a.k.a. Stanton).  Could it be that Monica took steps to prevent further pregnancies because she saw what a mess she had made with her first child (Eva) and realized on some level that her previous husbands were useless, so she took steps to prevent future problems?

You or one of the ladies mentioned in a previous posting on another thread, that according to their theory Victor contacted Monica after he found out about Eva's past abuse and Monica's past deception, she went over to the apartment, Victor layed into her, she started crying uncontrollably, he felt pity on her, tried to comfort her....and then bada bing....bada boom....a little love in  the afternoon.

Given the circumstances and the theory described; I would find it hard to believe that Victor or Monica would have stopped to consider birth controll and I don't think that Victor had condoms on him.  Could it be that Monica had been secretly waiting for Victor to grow a pair and come claim his woman (that being Monica)? 

Thus far, we have Eva's point of view and not Monica's.  Could it be that Eva made a judgement about her mother because she didn't have all of the facts?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  

Hi Sharon,

I just wanted to add something quickly; thus far Monica stinks as a mother.  She failed her child in the worst possible way, but could another baby give her the emotional opportunity to make up for her past mistakes by being a good mother to another baby?

I reference this by saying; I had an Aunt who had a child and by all accounts, she tried but seriously sucked at being a mother (this cannot be argued).  She divorces and later on in life meets a man in her fifties and her period stops.  She thinks that she is in full blown menopause and goes on for a few months.

She goes to the doctor for her annual check-up only to find out and literally faint, that she is pregnant.  Once she came to, calmed down and talked to her priest, she decided to have this baby.  Twenty years later, she finally got it right.  She became a good mother and in  a way made up for her past mistakes for not having been good the first time around. 

Do you think that might be the case for Monica?

Good morning everyone I have just read the responses to my Victor and Monica subplot.

Her first husband was content with just Nathan and Eva. We do not know much about the second husband except he gambled a lot. Monica has been described as a "trophy wife" for Stanton which can often be "arm candy". Also Stanton is much older and there is no information about his life before Monica but he does not seem to have any children. Just a thought, maybe he is gay.

Once Eva marries Gideon, Monica will not have to worry about money for Eva or herself.

I think Monica and Victory with a second child after their second meeting in twenty-five years is too delicious not to think about. In other words a second chance for Eva's parents is the second ultimate happy ending in this series and very romantic.

Fellow Crossfire fans, have fun with my thoughts!

PS

Stanton hiding that he is gay would not be unheard of for a man of his generation and social position.

Good morning everyone I have just read the responses to my Victor and Monica subplot.

Her first husband was content with just Nathan and Eva. We do not know much about the second husband except he gambled a lot. Monica has been described as a "trophy wife" for Stanton which can often be "arm candy". Also Stanton is much older and there is no information about his life before Monica but he does not seem to have any children. Just a thought, maybe he is gay.

Once Eva marries Gideon, Monica will not have to worry about money for Eva or herself.

I think Monica and Victory with a second child after their second meeting in twenty-five years is too delicious not to think about. In other words a second chance for Eva's parents is the second ultimate happy ending in this series and very romantic.

Fellow Crossfire fans, have fun with my thoughts!

PS

Stanton hiding that he is gay would not be unheard of for a man of his generation and social position.

Hi Betty the possibility of Stanton being gay has surfaced on earlier pages in this forum. I personally have discounted it because I think that Eva or Cary certainly would have commented on the possibility themselves. As for Monica being pregnant I think it is definitely a possibility especially since Cary made that curious comment to Victor in EWY about him having more children. That being said I just want to say SAY IT AINT SO. I think Victor can do so much better than a gold digger like Monica and he deserves a woman who loves him for who he his and not wishing he were someone else !!! I also agree with whoever posted that Eva would not be happy with this situation and I totally agree it would be like her father was trapped by the black widow Monica again only 24 years later. Will history repeat itself? I guess only Sylvia knows for sure!! :). :)

“Do you resent her, Daddy?â€

“I used to.†He put his arm around my shoulders. “I’m never going to forgive her for not giving you my last name when you were born. But I’m not mad about the money thing anymore. I’d never be able to make her happy in the long run, and she knew herself enough to know that.â€

I nodded, feeling sorry for all of us.â€

Excerpt From: Day, Sylvia. “Reflected in You.†Penguin Group, USA, 2012-09-28. iBooks.

“My mom looked tired, which wasn’t like her at all. I knew she was worried about Stanton. And she was maybe spending time thinking about my dad, too. It seemed impossible to me that she wouldn’t, after seeing him for the first time in nearly twenty-five years. His longing for her had been hot and alive to me; I couldn’t imagine what it must have felt like to her.â€

Excerpt From: Day, Sylvia. “Reflected in You.†Penguin Group, USA, 2012-09-28. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Hi SSCRPH

The quotes above makes me think Eva might like her parents together. There are more expressions of positive feelings from Eva about her parents being together.

Since they did get together, they must have liked the idea too.