"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

I think that what is holding up the release is money.  The publisher is releasing older books by Sylvia left and right.  I feel like she has become very popular and they are trying to get all the money they can with all kinds of publicity before CBY is released.  I hate and resent this but business ain't fair.  I want Sylvia to be super successful cause I love her writing but WE NEED CBY and book 5. We need the TV show to start.  I feel like everything is on hold because of releasing of older books and I hate that.  

And I don't think Sylvia is too happy about it either.  Hence al the quotes from BTY on FB.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you GLH. It's all about the money...profits for the publishing company. Sylvia deserves all the success she receives but I deeply resent being played here by the publishing house because we are such devoted fans of her writing!

Don't know if it's about the publisher's profits or not, but if the dates tbidwell is giving are correct, we have to expect CBY around Christmas and book 5 by june, a new book every half a year (if all works properly).  Another thing is what we would like, not waiting a minute between books.

Don't know if it's about the publisher's profits or not, but if the dates tbidwell is giving are correct, we have to expect CBY around Christmas and book 5 by june, a new book every half a year (if all works properly).  Another thing is what we would like, not waiting a minute between books.

A 6 month wait is at least better than 8 months. LOL. :)

Yes I absolutely agree... I think JFG hovers near the top of the list of who will be introduced to Eva's Krav Maga skills.... He has always been overly familiar with Eva and he knows that Eva is Gideon's "weakness" for lack of a better term.

OMG when I read that I was thinking the same thing. thinking he'd try to seduce her because he knew it would kill Gedeon

Hi Gaia

Those dates are from Amazon these dates are from Sylvia's website bared to you June 12 2012. Reflected in you October 23 2013 , entwined with you 4 June 2013 I can,t Waite anymore for these book to come out I have got audio,paperback,and Ebook in every book I have reread theses books and listened to it over 10times now read karin tabke books very good .

ive read them way more times then needed. Im at the point ive killed the spine and need new books

If you can, ebooks!!! I do miss the touch of real books but for durability ebooks can't be beat.

PS

If I really like something, I get paper too. I can't wait for the five book box set!

Hi Gaia

Those dates are from Amazon these dates are from Sylvia's website bared to you June 12 2012. Reflected in you October 23 2013 , entwined with you 4 June 2013 I can,t Waite anymore for these book to come out I have got audio,paperback,and Ebook in every book I have reread theses books and listened to it over 10times now read karin tabke books very good .

Thought I was totally crazy, but seeing I'm not the only one!!!

First I read the books in Spanish when a friend of mine forgave her kindle at my home, and, as she was going to be out for a fortnight, she allowed me to read them (that was June this year)

As some paragraphs hadn't sense, I got my own ebooks this July-August in English, to see what was I missing and to read not formal English (and also to realise how poor the translation into Spanish is). I've read them 5 times at least, while waiting for CBY.

My husband, seing me reading the books once and again, wanted to read them too (yep, that's true!), so we decided to buy paperbacks in Catalan as we're both bilingual Catalan-Spanish and he doesn't like ebooks. Of course, I read them again.... let's say just to check the translation into Catalan (@Sylvia: it's even worse than the one into Spanish, sugarcoated, for not saying half censored, not writing examples 'cause this is a forum, but sure it would not be a bad thing to contact your publishers here and tell them to improve both translations from now on, you're losing sales!)

And I don't have the audios (which I'd like very much) 'cause my economy is yelling "stop buying erotic romance... now!!!" Waiting for CBY, I've also read the Fifty Shades and the Avalon trilogies, Gabriel's, the Beautiful series, Blood and Roses (where Gideon is named!) and Afterburn.

Before Crossfire Series I haven't read a romance book before (erotic or not), nor even when I was a teen, being as I am an avid reader since the age of 6. Never before!...and now, look at me, I'm one of the craziest!  I have Gideon and Eva' story in three diferent languages and two formats, and I'm not interested at present in any other kind of books... and Ms. Day is totally guilty for that!!! She's ruined me for other kind of books (at least, for now) and I'm madly waiting for CBY and Aftershock.... dear lady, that's not fair!  ;-)

Betty, that would be a real twist! Sooo good i'm gonna call it " A Twist and Shout from Vidal Records"

As you say that's the fun of the forum. Here we are, madly plotting and having fun.... when only Sylvia knows for real

I absolutely love this. CSLOL...(C=can't; S=stop)

I was shocked when Eva and Gideon got married in Entwined in You. Was anyone else?

I knew there were five books in the series by the time I finished Bared to You so I knew ETW would not be the final book. This is my first Sylvia Day series so are these types of surprises normal?

I was shocked when Eva and Gideon got married in Entwined in You. Was anyone else?

I knew there were five books in the series by the time I finished Bared to You so I knew ETW would not be the final book. This is my first Sylvia Day series so are these types of surprises normal?

Hi Betty. I was a bit surprised they got married in EWY. I thought for sure we would have to wait until book 5. I think the reason why it was done is because it not keeps them bound together regardless of what happens in this next book, and I am anticipating this next book to be pretty heartbreaking. No doubt Gideva love each other, but sometimes life becomes overwhelming and you want to just give up. This ensures that they don't.

Hi Betty. I was a bit surprised they got married in EWY. I thought for sure we would have to wait until book 5. I think the reason why it was done is because it not keeps them bound together regardless of what happens in this next book, and I am anticipating this next book to be pretty heartbreaking. No doubt Gideva love each other, but sometimes life becomes overwhelming and you want to just give up. This ensures that they don't.

I agree Kirsten.

Although we're told there's a HEA, it's going to be one helluva journey for them. And us. I don't think heart break will be sufficient to label it. :(