"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still going w/ Clancy taking the bracelet and planting it w/ the help of his brother. I'd prefer that someone who cares about Gid/Eva took care of that problem rather than having more drama and it being someone who is looking to take Gideon down. Clancy said himself he was tracking Nathan, so, I'm sure he saw Gideon going in and out of the hotel that night. I'd really like this to be the case. The question is how did the pictures get into the Russians home? Maybe Clancy's brother planted it there after his death when they went to investigate it? and also slipped the bracelet on his wrist?

I have always believed that Clancy is the protector of Eva's heart by saving Gideon with an alibi.

Hi Gigi--

I do believe that from what I have been reading on fb from Sylvia that the publisher has the book.  Has had the book.  She doesn't know when they will release it which is what leads me to believe that it is the same publisher that has all her work.  Except for a couple of things, all of the rereleases have been from much older things she did including when she wrote under a different name and with other people.  So, that is why I have been saying that the publisher is trying to get all the bucks they can while she is so hot.  I don't think Sylvia is any happier than we are with the delay.  Yes, it is money in her pocket but I think she is much more invested in CROSSFIRE now.  

God, I hope there is not too much more angst in 4 and 5.  We need resolutions and not more problems.  That being said, the kidnapping idea is a real possibility.

Here is another thought.  I am so not trusting of Brett.  Could he have totally known about the se x tape?  Could the whole courting of Eva been to further Six Ninths?  After so many years, he decides he wants her again?  The timing seems very convenient.

Hi GLH,

Thanks for the information.  :)

You are correct, it is entirely possible that Brett's return may have deeper implications.  Everything is always a little too convenient as far as the characters are concerned; Corinne comes back to New York, Deanna pops out of the woodwork and Brett magically re-appears in Eva's life.  I would find it a little difficult to believe that his group signed with Vidal Records and not know that Gideon Cross is the half brother of Christopher Vidal Jr.  Maybe it is pure coincidence but one never really knows...:)

Your right but she only knew that Eva's step brother was dead.  It would take more time for Chris to investigate and get the bracelet.  The bracelet was missing from Nathans wrist when Graves came to Eva's house.  Whoever took the bracelet got it to plant before the body was found and before Ireland knew anything too.

Another good point Sharon. In the end, timing will be the key to everything.  Who had enough time to connect all the dots and commit the "perfect crime" and also help to create the perfect alibi.

I have always believed that Clancy is the protector of Eva's heart by saving Gideon with an alibi.

I'm in agreement Sharon.

It also takes the heat off Monica and Stanton. But overall Gideon is the main person to benefit.

I agree with you here as well

I made a comment earlier about the confrontation near the end of EWY between Eva and Lizzie about the ring and I thoight that happened because Luzzie thought Gideon took the ring for Corinne and she was surprised when Eva showed up with it. This was after the hospital as someone pointed out. I still maintain that Gideon asked mom for the ring when everyone thought Gideon and Corinne were an item. Lizzie called Gideon from the hospital and even JFG complained that you would think Gideonwas the hubby. Lizzie still thought thee was hope for Gideon and Corinne, not realizing or wanting to realize how 'together' GidEva were. That is why she went off on Eva at the dinner when she saw Eva with 'her' ring. I am not sure of the comment about you are not taking him away from me. Would not think Lizzie had much control over Gideon. Has me puzzled???

I like this idea, Avid Reader. Elizabeth is furious that Eva has the ring.....she had (unrealistic) hopes for G and Corinne. I think the ring would have been quarantined from any asset sales after Geoffrey's death.

I hate that Eva still finding Brett "hot" or whatever .. I hope its gone in Book  4

Agree. Perhaps Brett is fully aware of the sex tapes and "put them out there" to bribe Eva back - shows how little he understands OUR Eva. There will be photos of G & E at the charity function in the press first thing on Friday morning. Speculation about engagement will be rife. Brett will be effectively silenced (I hope).

Perhaps Gideon's demons are not all sexual - abuse or previous partners. He may well have enemies from his gambling days. How about Monica's 2nd husband (The Whale). Perhaps Monica and Gideon have some shared history ......and Eva looks like Monica too.

Perhaps the wedding will not be until the end of Book 5. Happily Ever After.

Someone tweeted to Sylvia that they couldn't stand the wait until May 2014 for the next book and she tweeted back that it certainly wasn't going to be May 2014 and to please stop spreading rumors. LOL!!

Hiya.

I noticed on amazon that they published a date of 8th may 2014 for the release date. I mentioned it to Sheena. She asked Sylvia who said it was wrong. Next day the book had been removed. Someone screwed up on amazon UK.

I nearly died when I saw that date! I was like noooooooooo!

Am breathing again now. Phew!

But I didn't write it on here. :)

I have a question that I don't think I have seen elsewhere.  When everyone was at the video launch, Christoper Jr NEEDED to talik business with Gideon.  I felt that this was NOT having to do with Corinne calling all the family frantic about where Gideon was and why he was not returning calls. But, I have no idea what this was about.  In any case, it did pull Gideon away from Eva and occuppied him.  Even Ireland noticed that Christopher was trying to keep Gideon and Eva separate and told Christopher to knock it off because she wanted them to talk and get back together.  What was going on there?  Any ideas?

Someone tweeted to Sylvia that they couldn't stand the wait until May 2014 for the next book and she tweeted back that it certainly wasn't going to be May 2014 and to please stop spreading rumors. LOL!!

Thanks Sscrph :)  Hope you are well

I have a question that I don't think I have seen elsewhere.  When everyone was at the video launch, Christoper Jr NEEDED to talik business with Gideon.  I felt that this was NOT having to do with Corinne calling all the family frantic about where Gideon was and why he was not returning calls. But, I have no idea what this was about.  In any case, it did pull Gideon away from Eva and occuppied him.  Even Ireland noticed that Christopher was trying to keep Gideon and Eva separate and told Christopher to knock it off because she wanted them to talk and get back together.  What was going on there?  Any ideas?

The se x tape?

Hi GLH,

Thanks for the information.  :)

You are correct, it is entirely possible that Brett's return may have deeper implications.  Everything is always a little too convenient as far as the characters are concerned; Corinne comes back to New York, Deanna pops out of the woodwork and Brett magically re-appears in Eva's life.  I would find it a little difficult to believe that his group signed with Vidal Records and not know that Gideon Cross is the half brother of Christopher Vidal Jr.  Maybe it is pure coincidence but one never really knows... :)

GiGi,  They know who Gideon is.  "Brett's bandmates pushed in through the growing crowd around the front of the buses, prepared to brawl...until they saw who Brett was fighting with--the man with the money behind their record label."

I think it is a combination of things. 

• Christopher is jealous.  Eva is a beautiful woman and, once again Gideon gets the prize.  It is obvious that even though Gideon, in the eyes of the world, treated Eva badly, she still loves him. 
  • Christopher wants the attention to be on Brett and Eva for marketing. 
  • Christopher hates that he has to get approval from Gideon to make decisions at Vidal Records.

I also think some of the anger is because Hugh abused Christopher but I don't think it was while Gideon was still at home.  Abusers rarely change their preference and if Hugh likes pre-teen/teen boys he wouldn't be interested in Chris jr. until he reached that age.  My guess is he blames Gideon for leaving.

We talked about the ring before and I'm not sure what the story is.  I think Liz was hoping for Corrine as a daughter in law but I'm wondering if Gideon had the ring for a long time.  We will see.

Liz originally liked Eva. It wasn't till after Eva accused her that she became frosty towards her. I think the only reason Liz would like Corrine is because Corrine is clueless and just plays the part.

What does everyone think about this scenario??? Cary & Eva go to California...Gideon follows (or goes with them). Eva & Cary meet with Dr. Travis & have great sessions. Later that evening or later that weekend Eva goes on & on about how great it was to talk to Dr. Travis & wishes she was closer to him so they could talk more frequently face to face. Gideon pays Dr. Travis to come to New York for a few weeks on the premise to complete more therapy with Eva (& maybe Cary). Gideon decides to have a session with said Doctor as well & this is where the ball starts rolling. Travis gets Gideon to open up a bit & things take off from there. Eva has said that Dr. Travis has a no bull-s**t rule & this type of therapy would be tough on Gideon but then again he might just blurt things out. Any thoughts everyone?

What does everyone think about this scenario??? Cary & Eva go to California...Gideon follows (or goes with them). Eva & Cary meet with Dr. Travis & have great sessions. Later that evening or later that weekend Eva goes on & on about how great it was to talk to Dr. Travis & wishes she was closer to him so they could talk more frequently face to face. Gideon pays Dr. Travis to come to New York for a few weeks on the premise to complete more therapy with Eva (& maybe Cary). Gideon decides to have a session with said Doctor as well & this is where the ball starts rolling. Travis gets Gideon to open up a bit & things take off from there. Eva has said that Dr. Travis has a no bull-s**t rule & this type of therapy would be tough on Gideon but then again he might just blurt things out. Any thoughts everyone?

Gideon has a hard time opening up to therapists. I think he will stick with the one he already has.

Liz originally liked Eva. It wasn't till after Eva accused her that she became frosty towards her. I think the only reason Liz would like Corrine is because Corrine is clueless and just plays the part.

Good point.  I thought that Liz was pulling for Corrine because she was friends with her parents. 

LOL I saw that this morning. she is really getting upset with all the rumors