"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie wasn't my choice for CG, but I think he can act and I was getting used to the idea of him as Christian. I'm not sure I buy the excuse the studio is trying to sell. I will admit to being anxious for the FSoG movie, but I am even more anxious to have Gideon on my TV once a week!

1377174_724692934223622_1219209686_n.jpg

Me too Kirsten  :)

Charlie wasn't my choice for CG, but I think he can act and I was getting used to the idea of him as Christian. I'm not sure I buy the excuse the studio is trying to sell. I will admit to being anxious for the FSoG movie, but I am even more anxious to have Gideon on my TV once a week!

1377174_724692934223622_1219209686_n.jpg

Beautiful photo Kirsten.  :)

I don't blame him for bailing. with the negative publicity going around. I wouldn't of ever thought him for CG but Im sure he would of done a great job.

Agree.  I think all the negativity was why he is gone.  Really a shame for him.  Just read Henry is a top contender.  Again.  So I am conflicted cause if he is CG then he will never be Gideon.

I'm sorry about Charlie Hunamm is that really true? I think that's a shame because I think he can actually act and not be just a pretty face...

I've only seen him in Undeclared when he was about 20 and that was a comedy. He was hilarious in that but the only thing that made him hot was his accent, since he'll be American in FSOG...

Hi Ladies,

I was watching a TV program and it was reported that Matt Bomer is now the front runner for the role of Christian Grey.  I hope he gets the role.  He seems to have very good acting skills and may have more of the aesthetic look for CG role.

Hi Gigi tonite on Entertainment Tonight Ryan Gosling was also mentioned in addition to our Henry...

Hi Gigi tonite on Entertainment Tonight Ryan Gosling was also mentioned in addition to our Henry...

Always liked Ryan as a second choice after Henry for Christian Grey.. Found a picture of Ryan Gosling with long, dark hair and saw him do a shower scene in "Blue Valentine"....what a great backside! Maybe Ryan could play Gideon.

Hi Ladies,

I was watching a TV program and it was reported that Matt Bomer is now the front runner for the role of Christian Grey.  I hope he gets the role.  He seems to have very good acting skills and may have more of the aesthetic look for CG role. 

Hope so, too. To me CG has always been Matt Bomer, When reading FSOG I saw some episodes of White Collar and thoght, take the hat ouf and here he is! Just change the hair style to the one he wore during a Glee episode (also with the leather jacket).

I have to admit that HC was not my option to the role of GC when I started to join you here. My thoughts were more of some indefined sort of Gabriel Aubry, but younger and dark haired. After seing your pics and finding mine, I have to say that now I'm on your same page (is it Page 6?)

What about Hunam for GC? Dye his hair? I think he's got his build, and since it'll be for T.V. ....maybe he'd consider it? He really is good looking, and seems sweet in his interviews. I know we all love HC, but idk about that happening? :(

Think Sylvia will pop back on here and give us some more info? :)  I see she's in Oslo now, the twitter feed is on this page now.

Hi Ladies,

I really hope he gets it! He's super hot and has beautiful eyes . I also would not mind Ian Somberhandler (sp?) because when I was reading I saw him.

Chris Pine would be a good choice for CG... He has the eyes and the hair....and of course the body....  Wish Charlie Hunan would reconsider....the more I saw of him the more I thought he could pull off the character....  Lay people should keep to what they know best and not what they "hope" for....

Chris Pine would be a good choice for CG... He has the eyes and the hair....and of course the body....  Wish Charlie Hunan would reconsider....the more I saw of him the more I thought he could pull off the character....  Lay people should keep to what they know best and not what they "hope" for....

I agree jmhope, the public was not at the screen test or any rehearsals. Plus it's amazing what hair & make-up can do to transform an actor.

Don't want to sound like a complainer, but all this crap with the FSOG movie and what feels like a delay in CBY is getting old.  On with it already.  Geez,  we all know the book is complete and ready.  Let's have it before we all go nuts.  I do not blame Sylvia one bit.  She is ready.  And that movie?  There must be a dozen actors who want to be CG.  Get one already.  The hype is way past annoying.

Hi Sscrph,

I was watching Entertainment Tonight this evening and the whole FSOF was mentioned.  The screen writing was apparently fired as well as CH leaving.  I really don't think that this was a matter of people not liking CH for the role.  I can't see a movie studio firing an actor simply because of a few "fan opinions".

Every day that they are not writing or filming is costing the movie studio money.  Several of the ladies had mentioned that they had seen CH in several programs and that he is a good actor, so acting abilities aside, maybe what seemed like really good chemistry didn't quite pan out.

BDSM is a really intimate subject.  I would think that performing in one of those scenes might be beyond uncomfortable for someone who doesn't live that lifestyle.  I don't know that kind of life can be faked or acted.  It is not like acting in a regular love scene.  Either a person is into that scene or they aren't.  I can see how that kind of discomfort could potentially be apparent during filming.  

If Ryan Gossling is being considered, he might make a good alternative CG.  I can't see him in that role because of his physical stature or his aesthetic look, but muscles can be added and hair can be dyed.  He certainly is a good actor, but at the end of the day, who knows what the agenda is for a movie studio. Those were just my thoughts on the subject. What do you think?  What does everyone think?   :) 

WoW!!

I just read that, posted 25 days ago on Sylvia's website here http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/09/14/captivated-treat-1/ :

"Sylvia had said on another page that we haven't seen the last of Corinne"

So, related to the cover copy Sylvia posted...

.../..."The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn’t sure I was strong enough to bear." .../...

Is CBY's major issue Geoffrey' suicide awakening in Gideon's mind after Corinne's attempt and miscarriage? Corinne threatening Gideon on a new attempt up-front while he's feeling "cursed"? Christopher supporting Lizzie while she supports Corinne instead of supporting her own son (again) just to try to put Eva out of the scene? Gideon's brain a mess 'cause he just can't afford another suicide or attempt around him after his father's, Hugh's and Corinne's? Corinne trying to take profit of Gideon's guilt to tie him to her though she must know he's engaged (but not he's married and even so she doesn't mind)? Eva trying to put sense on him, again and again, telling him than none of them were his fault? Eva and Giroux working together to find out the root of this issue, which finally is Anne?

OMG!, The messed brain now is mine! Any thoughts? Anyone else wants to send that b*tch properly packed back to France and never see her again?