"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WIth my son leaving for Afganastain on sunday for 16 months I was hoping to have a distraction with book four, even for a little while..:-(

Oh jeanmarie, my thoughts are with you as your son heads over. My husband is retired from the military and I know how stressful this time can be. <3

Have you guys been on Sylvia's Facebook page lately? My gosh, those people on her wall are brutal. I mean she gets HARASSED on a  daily basis for CBY. She can't post ANYTHING without being hassled about a release date for CBY. I mean she's only done like a gazillion live Q and A sessions and people have the nerve to accuse her of not connecting with fans. Can't please everyone. I feel bad for her. This is where the REAL fans are...patiently waiting. 

"The Boss" series by abigail barnette is realllllyyyyy good. Not quite crossfire series but just as good

Hi llurvegc, I tried to locate the "Boss" series online at my bookstore in Toronto, couldn't find them. Are they available on e-books only or maybe not released in paperback form yet?

Have you guys been on Sylvia's Facebook page lately? My gosh, those people on her wall are brutal. I mean she gets HARASSED on a  daily basis for CBY. She can't post ANYTHING without being hassled about a release date for CBY. I mean she's only done like a gazillion live Q and A sessions and people have the nerve to accuse her of not connecting with fans. Can't please everyone. I feel bad for her. This is where the REAL fans are...patiently waiting.

on the "tweet" section on the side of this webpage someone wrote that her fans were iritated and she replied, my fans are waiting patiently others are irritated. glad to know she knows that it is not her real fans writing all that stuff. By the way....I am not on facebook. I am looking forward to Aftershock/Afterburn to come out....those snippets have made for some interesting reading...not Crossfire great, but close

Hi llurvegc, I tried to locate the "Boss" series online at my bookstore in Toronto, couldn't find them. Are they available on e-books only or maybe not released in paperback form yet?

I bought them off of both b&n for my nook and amazon for my kindle. Idk why I bought one from one company and one from another, but that's what I did. The third book is coming out in late march. They are like 400 pages each, so it will take up time between now and may when CBY will most likely come out (in my opinion).

I bought them off of both b&n for my nook and amazon for my kindle. Idk why I bought one from one company and one from another, but that's what I did. The third book is coming out in late march. They are like 400 pages each, so it will take up time between now and may when CBY will most likely come out (in my opinion).

Thank you IIurvegc & Inic for your help & information. I am not into e-reading...still prefer to hold a book. I will widen my search & thanks again.

I know we all hope CBY comes out as soon as possible, but what do you guys think is the realistic release date?

Although I promised myself that I wouldn't think of dates so that I won't be let down...I'm guessing June 2014. One year between books. This is just a hunch.

I know we all hope CBY comes out as soon as possible, but what do you guys think is the realistic release date?

Can't help but think that a German(?) bookseller came out with a May? 2014 date a while ago and had to publish an apology.  Could it be that they were right all along?  I'd like to see CBY out before then, but I highly suspect that Sylvia has been pressuring Penguin books but has gotten no where with them.  I feel bad for her because she has been getting such a hard time on facebook and I don't think she really has any real control over this.  Oh well, what will be will be.

I am sure it won't be until May at the earliest.  Said it months ago and still mean it.  I think it has been planned like this for ages.  I don't think the publisher cares what we want or what Sylvia says.  It's all about marketing.  Books like a CROSSFIRE are great beach reads. FSOG came out in May of 2011 and then the other books followed quickly so I think CBY will come out end of May and then Book 5 sometime shortly after in July or August since Sylvia said it would come out right after CBY.  I figure by that time I will have to reread all 3 to really remember what happened.  It has been ages.

I think it will be early May! Part of me is kinda hoping that is sometime in May since I am in my last semester of college and the last thing I need is a 400 page book I will want to read five times in one week....

Hey! Keep those thoughts to yourself, lol!