"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Samara has today stated this in response to a query regarding Book 5 (and does anyone know why I cannot paste on this forum, am having to re-type everything I copy from other sites)

"I can tell you for certain that book 4 will be published this year, but I can no longer confirm for book 5.  As I am sure you can imagine, the process of publishing a book involves many people, an extensive supply chain, scheduling (that can be affected by many things, not necessarily considered by readers), and other factors, some of which are within our control, and some of which are not.  These variables change on a daily basis and we try our best to manage everyone's expectations while providing readers with the most information we have.  We optimistically hoped to have both books 4 and 5 out by the end of 2014, but as I mentioned earlier*, I can now only confirm that book 4 will be released in 2014.  While I understand this is frustrating for readers and fans, this does not mean that book 5 will not still be released shortly after book 4 (it will be) as Sylvia has said recently that she is writing them both at the same time."

*I haven't established what Samara had mentioned earlier, other than that just book 4 would be out by end of 2014.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samara has today stated this in response to a query regarding Book 5 (and does anyone know why I cannot paste on this forum, am having to re-type everything I copy from other sites)

"I can tell you for certain that book 4 will be published this year, but I can no longer confirm for book 5.  As I am sure you can imagine, the process of publishing a book involves many people, an extensive supply chain, scheduling (that can be affected by many things, not necessarily considered by readers), and other factors, some of which are within our control, and some of which are not.  These variables change on a daily basis and we try our best to manage everyone's expectations while providing readers with the most information we have.  We optimistically hoped to have both books 4 and 5 out by the end of 2014, but as I mentioned earlier*, I can now only confirm that book 4 will be released in 2014.  While I understand this is frustrating for readers and fans, this does not mean that book 5 will not still be released shortly after book 4 (it will be) as Sylvia has said recently that she is writing them both at the same time."

I figured they would push both back or just book 5 since we are nearing the end of the year and they haven't even given us a title of book 5, neverless the teaser on the back.  I'm not complaining.  Just getting book 4 by the end of the year will suffice my needs/wants and I will patiently wait for book 5.  Because either way, I want to read about the ending of this story reguardless of the wait.  Keep up the good work Sylvia!!  I can't wait for your other contemporary romance to come out.  And I promise to visit you again when you are back in the Phoenix area.

*I haven't established what Samara had mentioned earlier, other than that just book 4 would be out by end of 2014.

BYW.....Who is Samara ?

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10516722_263663237166711_3565536288185769886_n.jpg?oh=efaa51d735d6cc7a7398cb4f174af844&oe=546F8FB8

Link should be to a Facebook picture of a question Sylvia responded to.

I can't get the 'image' icon to work (posted the url in the box and waited more than 20 minutes but nothing posted and had to close the forum down and re-open to get out of that). If anyone knows how to work round that I would be grateful for the assistance.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10516722_263663237166711_3565536288185769886_n.jpg?oh=efaa51d735d6cc7a7398cb4f174af844&oe=546F8FB8Link should be to a Facebook picture of a question Sylvia responded to.I can't get the 'image' icon to work (posted the url in the box and waited more than 20 minutes but nothing posted and had to close the forum down and re-open to get out of that). If anyone knows how to work round that I would be grateful for the assistance.

Thanks for that post D500 it is very informative!!!

Found Eva's ring:

Tiffany & Co. 1990 "Schlumberger" Platinum & 18K 1.00 cttw. Diamond Ring on sale on ruelala.com for $4,750

It's not letting me put the picture on here.  It is platinum in the center, with gold "X's" hugging it with diamond baguettes in between the "X's". 

Let me know if you need an invite to the website to see the ring.

https://www.ruelala.com/boutique/product/74886/11179220/

After yesterday's teaser posting there were yet more negative comments from 'fans'. Sylvia decided to respond to one of the comments that had attracted a lot of replies.

Posting here for future reference, I won't quote any comments other than the one that was written immediately after Sylvia posted, which meant Sylvia replied again.

Sylvia Day I understand that many people are anxious for the release of Captivated by You. What I don't understand is why some readers choose to believe that the delay is due to greed, disrespect, or any other character flaw. Why assume that I'm such a horrible person who is lying around on vacation every day, lazy and unwilling to work? Really, if your personal opinion of me is low, why bother to comment on my page or follow my books? I read books by authors whose work I enjoy. If you don't enjoy my work, please move on.

response from a Facebook member Sorry Miss Day truth hurts. The least you can do is give us a release date. These teasers aren't doing much to help. We have been patient don't you think?

Sylvia Day "The least you can do is give us a release date." - How can I give a date that doesn't exist yet? I don't understand why this isn't clear. We don't have a firm date yet, so I can't give one. Because I can't give one, I'm accused of all sorts of horrible things or I'm asked to "just give us an idea of when it will release," which translates to "just guess." But if/when I make a guess and it doesn't turn into reality, readers get mad that I guessed. I can't win for trying. As soon as the publisher sets a firm date of release I'll post it. In the meantime, I'm doing everything I can."

As she says, she can't win whatever she does. Not sure why some of those posting actually expect a response to some of their rudeness.

Sylvia Day I understand that many people are anxious for the release of Captivated by You. What I don't understand is why some readers choose to believe that the delay is due to greed, disrespect, or any other character flaw. Why assume that I'm such a horrible person who is lying around on vacation every day, lazy and unwilling to work? Really, if your personal opinion of me is low, why bother to comment on my page or follow my books? I read books by authors whose work I enjoy. If you don't enjoy my work, please move on.

SO, the first snippet for Captivated by You was October 2013. Since then there have been infrequent snippets until recently when there has been weekly "teasers".  

I don't think people are accusing Sylvia of being idle or unwilling to work. I'm sure the life of a highly acclaimed author is busy, filled with varying demands for time and attention, and (hopefully) well compensated.

It is the readers who compensate the author. One of the author's responsibilities in these days of social media and internet news is to manage the readers expectations. I suspect many fans/readers check the weekly "teaser" for news of a release date. When they find another snippet and NOT a release date, they have unrequited expectation which transfers to frustration and disappointment with subsequent venting of emotion on the website. This is creating quite a negative atmosphere.

ALSO, I find Sylvia's statement "I read books by authors whose work I enjoy. If you don't enjoy my work, please move on" intriguing. In all the negative comments, I don't think fans are saying they don't like Crossfire series - quite the opposite. They like Crossfire so much they are eager for more.

MY THOUGHTS - stop the Tuesday teasers until there is a release date and manage the readers/fans expectations more effectively.

I have only been following Sylvia since discovering Bared to you so I don-t know much about her previous work, however I just saw this on a Goodreads Discussion Forum. Is this true that she has still some unfinished series from years ago? :( That doesn't give me a lot of hope for the end of Crossfire :(((

Fans are still waiting for these releases:

The “Dream Guardians†series --> book 3 & 4 for more then 6years and 7 months.

The “Sapphire World†trilogy --> book 2 & 3 for more then 5years and 2 months.
The “Dangerous†series -->next book for more then 3 years 6 months
 The “Renegade Angels†series --> book 3 for more then 2 years 1 month

I have only been following Sylvia since discovering Bared to you so I don-t know much about her previous work, however I just saw this on a Goodreads Discussion Forum. Is this true that she has still some unfinished series from years ago? :( That doesn't give me a lot of hope for the end of Crossfire :(((

Fans are still waiting for these releases:

The “Dream Guardians” series --> book 3 & 4 for more then 6years and 7 months.

The “Sapphire World” trilogy --> book 2 & 3 for more then 5years and 2 months.

The “Dangerous” series -->next book for more then 3 years 6 months

The “Renegade Angels” series --> book 3 for more then 2 years 1 month

I'm not sure about the lengths of time listed and there are only 3 books in the Dream Guardians series, not 4, but the rest looks right.

The Dream Guardians series isn't with a publisher, neither is Dangerous--which is a series of two very short stories (each installment is the length of two Crossfire chapters)--so they have to be fit in around my contracted works.

The Sapphire Trilogy is with a publisher, who isn't sure they want me to continue with the series. Since they own the rights to it, until they decide I can't continue.

The Renegade Angels is with the same publisher as Crossfire and they prefer that we all focus on Crossfire and not work on other series between Crossfire books.

Hope this helps!

SO, the first snippet for Captivated by You was October 2013. Since then there have been infrequent snippets until recently when there has been weekly "teasers".  

I don't think people are accusing Sylvia of being idle or unwilling to work. I'm sure the life of a highly acclaimed author is busy, filled with varying demands for time and attention, and (hopefully) well compensated.

It is the readers who compensate the author. One of the author's responsibilities in these days of social media and internet news is to manage the readers expectations. I suspect many fans/readers check the weekly "teaser" for news of a release date. When they find another snippet and NOT a release date, they have unrequited expectation which transfers to frustration and disappointment with subsequent venting of emotion on the website. This is creating quite a negative atmosphere.

ALSO, I find Sylvia's statement "I read books by authors whose work I enjoy. If you don't enjoy my work, please move on" intriguing. In all the negative comments, I don't think fans are saying they don't like Crossfire series - quite the opposite. They like Crossfire so much they are eager for more.

MY THOUGHTS - stop the Tuesday teasers until there is a release date and manage the readers/fans expectations more effectively.

. Hi georgette captivated by you is coming out on 18/112014 it is on Sylvia's website

I am so HAPPY!!! Thanks Sylvia for brightening up my "Day".

Yes, I tried pre-ordering with Amazon, and they don't have a listing for it yet. :(

Wonder what the significance of the pen means? EWY had luggage tags, BTY had cuff links and RIY had a key fob ?? Oh I just can't wait!!! Hope Sylvia gives us a chapter countdown with photos like she did with EWY; that was fun!!

Oh Happy Day !!! Thanks again Sylvia, you are the best!

Does anyone else feel a certain way about Cary? First of all, he basically lives off of Eva; I'm not saying he owes her anything since that is the arraingment that they had made, but I also don't feel like he needs to question where she is/give her a hard time for not disclosing more of what she has been up to during EWY.

Most important to me is how judgement he is of her. She walked in on his orgy and she barely gave him any grief about it, but he has nothing but opionions and, again, judging comments about her relationship.

He's supposed to be a friend, but I just feel like some of her self-esteem issues could be due to how he makes her feel about hee choices.

It might just be me though...