CAPTIVATED BY YOU TREATS, TEASERS, etc..

Kirsten

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who can't open the link...

Sylvia posted this today.  I started a new thread to be consistent with previous book discussions.

http://www.sylviaday...ser-years-2014/

A Special Teaser for New Years 2014

This is a special little teaser of Captivated by You, posted in honor of the new year. Permission is NOT granted to re-post this content anywhere, so please don’t do it. You may link to this page to share it with others.

This could be a scene mirroring one from Eva’s point of view. It could be an alternate scene. It could be anything or nothing. I hope you enjoy it for whatever it is.

Thank you for a wonderful 2013!

divider-purple-big.png

It was just barely seven in the morning.

I’d left the apartment Eva shared with Cary only a couple hours earlier, wanting to give her time to catch a few hours sleep before she headed into work. We’d been at each other all night, both of us too needy and greedy. But there’d been something else, too. An urgency on Eva’s part that gnawed at me and left me uneasy.

Something was bothering my wife.

My gaze drifted to the window and its view of Manhattan beyond it, then settled on the empty wall where a collage of photos of her and us would be hanging in the same space in my penthouse office in our home on Fifth Avenue. I could imagine the collage clearly, having spent countless hours studying it over the last few months. Looking out at the city had once been the way I encapsulated my world. Now, I accomplished that by looking at Eva.

I sat at my desk and woke my computer with a shake of the mouse, taking a deep slow breath as my wife’s face filled my monitor. She wore no makeup in the photo that was my desktop wallpaper, and a smattering of light freckles on her nose made her appear younger than her twenty-four years. My gaze slid over her features—the curve of her brows, the brightness of her gray eyes, the fullness of her lips. In the moments when I let myself think of it, I could almost feel those lips against my skin. Her kisses were benedictions, promises from my angel that made my life worth living.

With a determined exhalation, I picked up the phone and speed dialed Raúl. Despite the earliness of the hour, he answered swiftly and alertly.

“Mrs. Cross and Cary Taylor are heading to San Diego today,†I said, my hand curling into a fist at the thought. I didn’t have to say more.

“Got it.â€

“I want a recent photo of Anne Lucas and a detailed rundown of where she was last night on my desk by noon.â€

“At the latest,†he affirmed.

I hung up and stared at Eva’s captivatingly beautiful face. I’d caught her in a happy, unguarded moment, a state of being I was determined to keep her in for the rest of her life. But last night she’d been distressed by a possible run-in with a woman I’d once used. It had been awhile since I’d last crossed paths with Anne, but if she was responsible for aggravating my wife, she’d be seeing me again. Soon.

Opening my inbox, I started sifting through my emails, drafting quick answers when required and working my way toward the subject line that had caught my eye the moment my email client opened.

I felt Eva before I saw her.

Lifting my head, my keystrokes slowed. A sudden rush of relief soothed the agitation I felt whenever I wasn’t with her.

I leaned back to better appreciate the view. “You’re up early, angel.â€

Eva stood in the doorway, her blond hair in a sexy tangle around her shoulders, her cheeks and lips flushed from sleep, her curvy body clad in a tank top and shorts. She was braless, her lush swelling softly beneath the ribbed cotton. Petite and voluptuous, she often pointed out how different she was from the women I’d been photographed with before her.

“I woke up missing you,†she replied, with the throaty voice that never failed to make me hard. “How long have you been up?â€

“Not long.†I pushed the keyboard drawer in to make room for her on my desk.

She padded over on bare feet, casually and innately sensual. The moment I first saw her I’d known she would wreck me. The promise was there in her eyes and the way she moved. Everywhere she went, men stared at her. Coveted her. Just like I did.

Copyright © 2014 by Sylvia Day

For those who can't open the link...

Sylvia posted this today.  I started a new thread to be consistent with previous book discussions.

http://www.sylviaday...ser-years-2014/

A Special Teaser for New Years 2014

This is a special little teaser of Captivated by You, posted in honor of the new year. Permission is NOT granted to re-post this content anywhere, so please don’t do it. You may link to this page to share it with others.

This could be a scene mirroring one from Eva’s point of view. It could be an alternate scene. It could be anything or nothing. I hope you enjoy it for whatever it is.

Thank you for a wonderful 2013!

divider-purple-big.png

It was just barely seven in the morning.

I’d left the apartment Eva shared with Cary only a couple hours earlier, wanting to give her time to catch a few hours sleep before she headed into work. We’d been at each other all night, both of us too needy and greedy. But there’d been something else, too. An urgency on Eva’s part that gnawed at me and left me uneasy.

Something was bothering my wife.

My gaze drifted to the window and its view of Manhattan beyond it, then settled on the empty wall where a collage of photos of her and us would be hanging in the same space in my penthouse office in our home on Fifth Avenue. I could imagine the collage clearly, having spent countless hours studying it over the last few months. Looking out at the city had once been the way I encapsulated my world. Now, I accomplished that by looking at Eva.

I sat at my desk and woke my computer with a shake of the mouse, taking a deep slow breath as my wife’s face filled my monitor. She wore no makeup in the photo that was my desktop wallpaper, and a smattering of light freckles on her nose made her appear younger than her twenty-four years. My gaze slid over her features—the curve of her brows, the brightness of her gray eyes, the fullness of her lips. In the moments when I let myself think of it, I could almost feel those lips against my skin. Her kisses were benedictions, promises from my angel that made my life worth living.

With a determined exhalation, I picked up the phone and speed dialed Raúl. Despite the earliness of the hour, he answered swiftly and alertly.

“Mrs. Cross and Cary Taylor are heading to San Diego today,†I said, my hand curling into a fist at the thought. I didn’t have to say more.

“Got it.â€

“I want a recent photo of Anne Lucas and a detailed rundown of where she was last night on my desk by noon.â€

“At the latest,†he affirmed.

I hung up and stared at Eva’s captivatingly beautiful face. I’d caught her in a happy, unguarded moment, a state of being I was determined to keep her in for the rest of her life. But last night she’d been distressed by a possible run-in with a woman I’d once used. It had been awhile since I’d last crossed paths with Anne, but if she was responsible for aggravating my wife, she’d be seeing me again. Soon.

Opening my inbox, I started sifting through my emails, drafting quick answers when required and working my way toward the subject line that had caught my eye the moment my email client opened.

I felt Eva before I saw her.

Lifting my head, my keystrokes slowed. A sudden rush of relief soothed the agitation I felt whenever I wasn’t with her.

I leaned back to better appreciate the view. “You’re up early, angel.â€

Eva stood in the doorway, her blond hair in a sexy tangle around her shoulders, her cheeks and lips flushed from sleep, her curvy body clad in a tank top and shorts. She was braless, her lush swelling softly beneath the ribbed cotton. Petite and voluptuous, she often pointed out how different she was from the women I’d been photographed with before her.

“I woke up missing you,†she replied, with the throaty voice that never failed to make me hard. “How long have you been up?â€

“Not long.†I pushed the keyboard drawer in to make room for her on my desk.

She padded over on bare feet, casually and innately sensual. The moment I first saw her I’d known she would wreck me. The promise was there in her eyes and the way she moved. Everywhere she went, men stared at her. Coveted her. Just like I did.

love teasers from Gideon's pov.....but I think what was really bothering Eva was the existance of that sex tape and confronting Bret about it when she got to SD., but also the redhead, Deanna..,the bracet and how it got on that russian...etc....wonder what Raul will do....follow her (eva) or join them on the trip.  Can't imagine Gideon letting her go without him.

thanks Sylvia  for a wonderful New Year's treat!!

also....wonder who the e-mail was from that caught Gideon's eye when he opened his e-mail client.....interesting

I loved the part when Gideon says he settled back in his chair to enjoy the view... I think this answers Eva's question when she wonders can he possibly be as infatuated with my looks and body as I am with his...I LUV it they are crazy bout each other. :). :)

• 1 month later...

CAPTIVATED BY YOU – Excerpt #1

Disclaimer: May be edited or deleted prior to publication.

If you haven’t read Entwined with You, the below excerpt contains spoilers! Read at your own risk…

“Ask me to come with you,†Gideon said.

It was so hard to say no to him. I knew he hated the thought of being apart from me for an entire weekend. I hated it, too. And it was much worse knowing that he’d worry and be unhappy the whole time.

My smile faded. “I can’t. If I’m going to start telling people we’re married, I have to start with Cary, and I can’t do that with you around. I don’t want him to feel like he’s on the outside of a life I’m creating with you.â€

“I don’t want to be on the outside either.â€

I linked my fingers with his, trying to convey how connected we were and always would be. “Spending private time with friends doesn’t make us any less of a couple.â€

“I prefer to spend time with you. You’re the most interesting person I know.â€

His words, spoken so matter-of-factually, sent me reeling. Of all the things he could say to me… all the ways he could tell me he loved me… that was the jackpot right there.

Overcome, I hitched up my skirt and straddled his lap before I realized what I was doing. Cupping his face in my hands, I kissed him desperately, needing to show him how easily he shredded me in all the best ways.

He moaned when I pulled away, his fingers flexing possessively into the curves of my buttocks. “Do that again.â€

“I’m so hot for you right now,†I breathed, using the pad of my thumb to rub his lips clean of my gloss.

“That’s okay. I’m good with that.â€

I laughed and pure joy filled me when he smiled in return. “I feel so awesome right now.â€

“Better than you did in the hallway?â€

“That’s a different kind of awesome.†My fingertips tap-danced on his shoulders. “That was the best compliment, ace. Especially coming from the Gideon Cross. You meet fascinating people every day.â€

“And wish they’d go away so I can get back to you.â€

My eyes stung with tears. He made me feel so… treasured. “God, I love you. So much it hurts.â€

I hugged him tightly and picked up a tremor in his hold that told me how much I affected him, too. I wanted him to feel love all the time, all around him. He deserved it. Needed it.

“I want you to do something for me,†I murmured.

“Anything. Everything.â€

I smiled against his cheek. “Let’s have a party.â€

“Great. I’ll set up the swing.â€

Pulling back, I shoved at his shoulder. “Not that kind of party, fiend.â€

He sighed. “Bummer.â€

The thought of being restrained made me nervous, but that wasn’t going to stop me from giving my best shot at making all of Gideon’s fantasies reality.

I gave him a wicked smile. “How about I promise the swing in return for the party?â€

“Ah, now we’re talking.†He settled back with an indulgent smile. “Tell me what you have in mind.â€

“Booze and friends, yours and mine.â€

“All right.†His eyes took on a calculating gleam. “I’ll see you your booze and friends, and raise you a quickie in a dark corner somewhere during.â€

I swallowed hard. He knew how to get to me, knew how much I wanted him when he was relaxed and enjoying himself, how much I wanted to stake my claim on him in the most immediate and primal way possible.

“You drive a hard bargain,†I said.

“Exactly my intention.â€

“Okay, then.†I licked my lips. “I’ll see you your quickie, and raise you a hand job under the table.â€

His brows rose. “Clothed,†he countered.

I hummed softly in disagreement. “I think you need to revisit and revise, Mr. Cross.â€

“I think you’ll need to work harder to convince me, Mrs. Cross.â€

Loved the new excerpt!!! Now I need to know what happened in the hallway.....I guess Gideon is NOT going to SD with them, she has a good reason but I don't like that idea with her being alone with Brett when telling him about the sex tape that his "friend" is trying to put out. Hope we get an idea of the release date at the next chat video with Sylvia on February 15th

I too want to know what happened in the hallway, however the telling Cary part and the party were particularly meaningful to me.  I have been the one who has been a little frustrated with the fact that Elizabeth and Magdalene know about the engagement, but Monica and Cary don't.  I personally feel that until Eva starts telling her people about the engagement and marriage, then it is not truly real for her.  She cannot continue to hide this, especially from those that are important to her.

Where my excitement about the party comes from, is that for the most part their relationship has more or less been behind closed doors and private. Ofcourse they have been seen together out at events and when their pictures out and about, however they have never really been out and dating as a couple or been out with friends.  So I think having a party and being more public is also a huge step.

I loved this.

Wonder who will be on the guest list for the booze and friends party. I know of one person who won't be.....Corinne (and hubby). I hope Eva doesn't invite Brett to the party since she will probably see him before the party happens. Wonder who Cary will bring Trey or Tatiana? The new videdo chat with Sylvia is the 12th not the 15th as I had stated earlier.

I too want to know what happened in the hallway, however the telling Cary part and the party were particularly meaningful to me.  I have been the one who has been a little frustrated with the fact that Elizabeth and Magdalene know about the engagement, but Monica and Cary don't.  I personally feel that until Eva starts telling her people about the engagement and marriage, then it is not truly real for her.  She cannot continue to hide this, especially from those that are important to her.

Where my excitement about the party comes from, is that for the most part their relationship has more or less been behind closed doors and private. Ofcourse they have been seen together out at events and when their pictures out and about, however they have never really been out and dating as a couple or been out with friends.  So I think having a party and being more public is also a huge step.

I loved this.

Monica and Cary both know, at lunch Eva said to Cary that Gideon had asked and getting ready for the benefit Monica told Eva that Gideon had asked Richard for her hand as well and Eva tells her that Gideon won't wait until June to get married

Wonder who will be on the guest list for the booze and friends party. I know of one person who won't be.....Corinne (and hubby). I hope Eva doesn't invite Brett to the party since she will probably see him before the party happens. Wonder who Cary will bring Trey or Tatiana? The new videdo chat with Sylvia is the 12th not the 15th as I had stated earlier.

Hi jmhope; do you think Christopher jr will be invited ?? I can't wait till the party !! Wish I could be there too!! I think that last excerpt was one of the best snippets ever... Just LUV LUV LUVED IT!!!

Monica and Cary both know, at lunch Eva said to Cary that Gideon had asked and getting ready for the benefit Monica told Eva that Gideon had asked Richard for her hand as well and Eva tells her that Gideon won't wait until June to get married

They know that it is in the future, but they do not know that they are married, let alone engaged.  Gideon talked to both Richard and Victor and asked their "permission."  However neither know that he actually asked Eva.

This post has been promoted to an article

They know that it is in the future, but they do not know that they are married, let alone engaged. Gideon talked to both Richard and Victor and asked their "permission." However neither know that he actually asked Eva.[/quote

]I pushed away from the table and stood. “I’ll catch you later.â€

“You and Cross getting married?â€

Pausing, I looked down at him. “He asked. I said yes.â€

That's where Cary was told

And your right her mom knows its coming but doesn't know he's asked yet, I stand corrected on that one sorry

in the spreecast chat today, someone asked Sylvia if DeAnna from Aftershock is the same DeAnna from EWY. Sylvia's response leads me to believe that it is indeed the same person and we'll find out in CBY. She was very coy about it b/c she said it was a spoiler. Interesting!