The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gideon cupped my face in his hands and kissed me, our flavors mingling. “Thank you.â€

“What are you thanking me for? You did all the work.â€

“There’s no work involved in F(&^*** you, angel.†His slow smile was pure satiated male. “I’m grateful for the privilege.â€

I sank back onto my heels. “You’re killing me. You can’t be that gorgeous and sexy and say stuff like that. It’s overload. It fries my brain. Sends me into a meltdown.â€

His smile widened and he kissed me again. “I know the feeling.â€

http://www.bitly.com/xsnippets

AMC

I don't think I have read a story where so many characters have so much baggage.

What a dysfunctional lot they are.

Yes the journey Is fraught with many pitfalls, they need to move on and try to forget their past because it could destroy them if allowed.

I know!

The past can only have power over them ---if they let it.    (easier said than done)...

I was thinking that Monica was VERY self-absorbed prior to her finding out about what Nathan did to Eva which is probably why she didn't recognize changes in Eva's behavior.   I guess that she was early to mid thirties range around the time of the abuse?

I think that finding out what happened to Eva was a sentinel moment for Monica-- a wake-up call as to her failings as a  mother/person.

I think that this series is a love story but also it is a story about redemption----no matter what failings/sins they had done in the past---they can turn their life around and become better people.  I think that this series is a love story and it is a story  about the different character's journey to become better people.

Hi AMC,

I could have bought that arguement had Monica not lied to Eva yet again, about being in New York.  How many bites at the apple is Monica supposed to get before the reader just throws in the towel?  Why wouldn't Monica tell Eva about Nathan's presence in New York or even about the threats or the blackmail?  Why did Eva have to pin her mother down and tell her about Nathan and why on earth wasn't Monica forthcoming about what was going on even while Eva was telling her mother about what was going on?  I mean really?!  What possible excuse could Monica have for keeping all these secrets?!

It is obvious that Gideon was abused in the library of his parents house, because of a thought Eva made. "Standing in a rush, Gideon picked me up and carried m to the couch. H dropped me lengthwise on the cushion, then hauled my hips up to rest on the armrest, arching my spine. I eyed him up the length of my torso. Why not just fold me over and ###### me from behind". This was obviously the position Gideon was raped in.

Gideon like Eva had no one to confide in even his mother didn't believe him. Monica came through in the end, but only because of a miscarriage. We need to know how Angus helped him, when did he become aware of Gideons abuse. My money's on Chris Snr as the abuser. But hey! I was wrong about Monica, so probably wrong again.

Hi Julie54,

I agree with your assertion. It is most likely that Gideon was abused in the library.  I just have to wonder why he was left alone so much.  I also have to wonder if the household staff didn't hear Gideon screaming or crying. 

Hi Julie54,

I agree with your assertion. It is most likely that Gideon was abused in the library.  I just have to wonder why he was left alone so much.  I also have to wonder if the household staff didn't hear Gideon screaming or crying. 

Apparently the household staff in Eva's home and Gideon's home must have been the most clueless people on the planet and of course this also includes mothers of the year Monica and Elizabeth.

Apparently the household staff in Eva's home and Gideon's home must have been the most clueless people on the planet and of course this also includes mothers of the year Monica and Elizabeth.

Hi Sscrph,

I would think that most domestic household staff would be placed by agencies.  The staff would most likely need to have criminal background checks and finger prints taken.  I would think that with such a wealthy man as Mr. Barker was, he wouldn't have let just anyone into his home and around his family. 

I think that what upsets me most about this situation is that these people (if they were afraid of Nathan), decided to keep their jobs and just sat and listened to Eva being repeatedly raped and tortured.  How on this green earth could these people have justified that to themselves?  I get the fact that maybe some of these people may have been afraid, but finding a job as a domestic help isn't difficult.  They could have been placed in another home easily.

I don't know how these people could have lived with themselves given the situation at the time and with what they knew.  They basically threw Eva under the bus and quite frankly that doesn't sit well with me at all!!!  I am sorry I get so heated about this, but I am just sick to death about hearing about how everyone is always "afraid".  At some point people have to grow up, start acting like adults and take some responsibility!!  Someone has to have enough courage to help!! Sigh!

Well Gigi

Wasn't we a busy girl yesterday! The Royal Canadian mounted police! How awesome is that. I want to come and live in your country. I missed our banter last night. Lol

Nathan being sent back to an institution was one of the points that worried me. Could he have at some point fooled the doctors into thinking he was "cured".

How many times has a person been released, to go on and commit further crimes, sometimes worse than what they were originally put away for.

Eva was never going to be safe while Nathan was still breathing.

Think you and me have got to suck it up and admit that Gideon briefly went over to the dark side, to protect the only thing in his life that made him feel safe loved and worthy of existing.

Now that he as found her, I couldn't see him carrying on without her.

As he said he wouldn't survive her. What a tormented mind to have to carry that burden for life just to feel safe.

Noteworthy pieces. At the sane time, I sturbonly want to read all details and digest and won't think otherwise till then.

Snippet#4. “I don’t think you do. This†–he gestured impatiently at himself– “is just a F(&^*** shell. You’re what drives me, Eva. Can you understand that? You’re my heart and soul. If something ever happened to you it would kill me, too. Keeping you safe is goddamned self-preservation! Tolerate it for me, if you won’t do it for yourself.â€

http://www.sylviaday.com/2012/12/31/special-teaser-years/

Well Gigi

Wasn't we a busy girl yesterday! The Royal Canadian mounted police! How awesome is that. I want to come and live in your country. I missed our banter last night. Lol

Nathan being sent back to an institution was one of the points that worried me. Could he have at some point fooled the doctors into thinking he was "cured".

How many times has a person been released, to go on and commit further crimes, sometimes worse than what they were originally put away for.

Eva was never going to be safe while Nathan was still breathing.

Think you and me have got to suck it up and admit that Gideon briefly went over to the dark side, to protect the only thing in his life that made him feel safe loved and worthy of existing.

Now that he as found her, I couldn't see him carrying on without her.

As he said he wouldn't survive her. What a tormented mind to have to carry that burden for life just to feel safe.

Hi Julie54,

I have always done my best to post accurate information for everyone. I feel that because of my background and educational experiences, I hold a certain amount of responsibility for my postings and my internet actions. Yes, yes I know that this is just a forum and this is just for fun, but for me I want to make sure that at the end of the day, whoever reads my postings will know that I did my best to provide accurate, sometimes lighthearted and at times challenging postings.

There has been so much speculation and theorizing about the various storylines that it has tested my limits to accept information that hasn’t been yet verified (scientific gold standards of sorts). My scientific background has always provided me with comfortable parameters from which to operate with. In order to prove that a theory is correct, a scientist would have to prove that the equal and opposite theory is incorrect, which is why I have challenged so many diverse theories. Thank you for your patience and kindness ladies! :)

As I have been walking this journey with Eva and Gideon I have often found myself questioning the validity of some of things that I have read. So in order to confirm my theories and suspicions, I do the thing that I know how to do. I go to the source that I think can provide me with the most accurate information and then I begin to humble myself and start asking questions....all kinds of questions and maybe some of them seem a little ridiculous (to the people who have to listen to them). I am so grateful that all of these people have been so incredibly kind and had taken time out of their very busy schedules to help me sort these storylines out. Thank you! :)

I have been thinking about everything that has transpired over the past few days and I have to say that I am heart- sick. I have been thinking about this journey that I have taken with Gideon and Eva and I have so many regrets for these two. I wish I could have spoken to both of them, cautioned them, given them wise counsel, offered them words of comfort and hope. Mostly I wish I could have told Gideon to: STOP!! WAIT!!! THINK FIRST BEFORE YOU ACT!!! Once you cross that moral line you won’t ever be able to go back. I know that I can’t do that. Sigh!!

Now the deed has been done (well I am playing games to distract myself from a looming ugly truth that is coming on June 4th) and I feel like I am grieving for two people who have lost their innocence all over again. They can never go back. They will never be the same people. They will have to live with the fact that this murder will forever follow them, bind them and their pasts in the worst possible ways. I don’t find any reason to rejoice over that fact.

Oh please Sylvia I need a silver lining for these two. I need a happily ever after most of all! :) Please tell me that there will be a happily ever after! :)

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add that I think that Sylvia has done a brilliant job in her writing of these books and of her writing this storyline.  She has made me care about Gideon and Eva and their lives.  I have cried for them, rejoiced for them, been outraged for them and am now grieving for them.  She has taken fictional characters and somehow made them very real.  For me, that is the mark of a great writer! Brava Cara Sylvia! Brava!

"Why did Eva have to pin her mother down and tell her about Nathan and why on earth wasn't Monica forthcoming about what was going on even while Eva was telling her mother about what was going on?  I mean really?!  What possible excuse could Monica have for keeping all these secrets?!"

Gigi----I feel the same way--

I can't seem to get into the head of Monica as to why she would act/react this way. Monica's way of thinking is not my way of thinking--LOL.

Eva is the more mature one in this relationship...

For curiosity's sake, I would like to be a trophy wife/socialite for one week to see what it feels like...LOL

Hi Julie54,

I have always done my best to post accurate information for everyone. I feel that because of my background and educational experiences, I hold a certain amount of responsibility for my postings and my internet actions. Yes, yes I know that this is just a forum and this is just for fun, but for me I want to make sure that at the end of the day, whoever reads my postings will know that I did my best to provide accurate, sometimes lighthearted and at times challenging postings.

There has been so much speculation and theorizing about the various storylines that it has tested my limits to accept information that hasn’t been yet verified (scientific gold standards of sorts). My scientific background has always provided me with comfortable parameters from which to operate with. In order to prove that a theory is correct, a scientist would have to prove that the equal and opposite theory is incorrect, which is why I have challenged so many diverse theories. Thank you for your patience and kindness ladies! :)

As I have been walking this journey with Eva and Gideon I have often found myself questioning the validity of some of things that I have read. So in order to confirm my theories and suspicions, I do the thing that I know how to do. I go to the source that I think can provide me with the most accurate information and then I begin to humble myself and start asking questions....all kinds of questions and maybe some of them seem a little ridiculous (to the people who have to listen to them). I am so grateful that all of these people have been so incredibly kind and had taken time out of their very busy schedules to help me sort these storylines out. Thank you! :)

I have been thinking about everything that has transpired over the past few days and I have to say that I am heart- sick. I have been thinking about this journey that I have taken with Gideon and Eva and I have so many regrets for these two. I wish I could have spoken to both of them, cautioned them, given them wise counsel, offered them words of comfort and hope. Mostly I wish I could have told Gideon to: STOP!! WAIT!!! THINK FIRST BEFORE YOU ACT!!! Once you cross that moral line you won’t ever be able to go back. I know that I can’t do that. Sigh!!

Now the deed has been done (well I am playing games to distract myself from a looming ugly truth that is coming on June 4th) and I feel like I am grieving for two people who have lost their innocence all over again. They can never go back. They will never be the same people. They will have to live with the fact that this murder will forever follow them, bind them and their pasts in the worst possible ways. I don’t find any reason to rejoice over that fact.

Oh please Sylvia I need a silver lining for these two. I need a happily ever after most of all! :) Please tell me that there will be a happily ever after! :)

GiGi totally get where you are coming from, no worries. Deeply appreciate your insights. I guess I am the lone wolf at this point as again, until I read that Gideon killed Nathan, all the various how and read in the books all other pertinent facts my stance will remain firm that Gideon did not kill Nathan.

SD "confirm" this (highly suspicious) and proceeded to throw out all what potentially are helpful insights about the dehumanizing and disturbed nature/character that is Nathan is interesting and confusing to my mentality. I say this as again, I haven't read this in the book and it wasn't disclosed properly in the book and again we are NOW purportedly privy to these wonderful "snippets".

So I am just comfortable in following the journey as the series unfold and making assessments and coming to realization then, whatever that may be.

Again, as this hasn't been confirmed in the book ( has nothing to do with SD) my stance remains. Additionally, until further revealed WHEN the saga continues, I don't think the circumstances around Nathan's death occurred as explained by the detective.

So as the series unfold, I am beyond humbled to find out in my own what unfold and will take the journey with these characters to its ultimate conclusion and potential HEA.

Who knows!!! It's a series so I am expecting tons of twist and turns till the final page turner. Lol

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add that I think that Sylvia has done a brilliant job in her writing of these books and of her writing this storyline.  She has made me care about Gideon and Eva and their lives.  I have cried for them, rejoiced for them, been outraged for them and am now grieving for them.  She has taken fictional characters and somehow made them very real.  For me, that is the mark of a great writer! Brava Cara Sylvia! Brava!

"I won't make excuses for the characters, they are who they are. But I know them pretty well ...."----Sylvia Day

This is fascinating to me--- that  SD lets the characters "be who they are"...

I would have a hard time not putting in my point of view as to how the characters should act/react---- if I were writing a novel... 

Hi Gigi

What I like about this forum, is that there are people from all walks of life, each bringing something different to the table. We all have our own take on the story, and where we think it might go.

We have debated and dissected many topics that are related to this story, sometimes agreeing sometimes not, but hey that's life!

It's just so much fun.

Yes like yourself and many others this story is real, you can feel all of the pain and hurt that these characters are enduring. We want to do what their parents should have done for them. To protect, love and believe them. But alas, we can't. Sigh!

One thing I'm hoping in the new book, is that once Gideon starts to open up more, revealing his past, will his nightmares ease? Will our lovers be able to sleep together again. I might just have to research this, just for curiosity sake.

GiGi totally get where you are coming from, no worries. Deeply appreciate your insights. I guess I am the lone wolf at this point as again, until I read that Gideon killed Nathan, all the various how and read in the books all other pertinent facts my stance will remain firm that Gideon did not kill Nathan.

SD "confirm" this (highly suspicious) and proceeded to throw out all what potentially are helpful insights about the dehumanizing and disturbed nature/character that is Nathan is interesting and confusing to my mentality. I say this as again, I haven't read this in the book and it wasn't disclosed properly in the book and again we are NOW purportedly privy to these wonderful "snippets".

So I am just comfortable in following the journey as the series unfold and making assessments and coming to realization then, whatever that may be.

Again, as this hasn't been confirmed in the book ( has nothing to do with SD) my stance remains. Additionally, until further revealed WHEN the saga continues, I don't think the circumstances around Nathan's death occurred as explained by the detective.

So as the series unfold, I am beyond humbled to find out in my own what unfold and will take the journey with these characters to its ultimate conclusion and potential HEA.

Who knows!!! It's a series so I am expecting tons of twist and turns till the final page turner. Lol

Hi KiMa,

You are absolutely correct!  It is so important to wait until June 4th, before we make up our minds.  We need to have the actual tangible proof in our hands and see that proof with our own eyes.  You are not the only lone wolf, I'll stand beside you.  I am just a little bummed out.  I really hope that this was just part of some publicity stunt.  I guess we will know on June 4th for sure.  Until then...chin up.  :)

I'm new to posting, but have been reading what everyone is saying and speculating.  I like how everyone has their own thoughts about what will come next.

Can someone please tell me what the reference to May 7th is? Did I miss a posting by SD saying the first chapter would be made public before the June 4th release date?

I'm new to posting, but have been reading what everyone is saying and speculating. I like how everyone has their own thoughts about what will come next.

Can someone please tell me what the reference to May 7th is? Did I miss a posting by SD saying the first chapter would be made public before the June 4th release date?

Yes, we were informed the 1st chapter would be released on May 7th. We haven't learned where the 1st chapter will be found though. (we think it will be on Sylvia's web site or something like that)

Yes, we were informed the 1st chapter would be released on May 7th. We haven't learned where the 1st chapter will be found though. (we think it will be on Sylvia's web site or something like that)

Hi Peachies, 

I think you can go to www.sylviaday.com and type in the search engine entwined with you and the first chaper should pop up.  If not try www.goodreads.com go to the search engine and type up sylvia day and the book title and it should lead you to a link that should have the first chapter for you to read.  I went to "Goodreads" last time and got Sylvia's first chapter from Reflected In You.  I hope that helps. As it gets closer to the day or on the day I will go to the website and see if I can post a link for everyone.  :)

Hi Peachies,

I think you can go to www.sylviaday.com and type in the search engine entwined with you and the first chaper should pop up. If not try www.goodreads.com go to the search engine and type up sylvia day and the book title and it should lead you to a link that should have the first chapter for you to read. I went to "Goodreads" last time and got Sylvia's first chapter from Reflected In You. I hope that helps. As it gets closer to the day or on the day I will go to the website and see if I can post a link for everyone. :)

Thank you sooooo much!