The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Bit of British history today.

Bank holidays are also known as public holidays.

It was introduced in 1871, by a Liberal politician and banker called Sir John Lubbock.

As sheens says, it's a public holiday for the banks and financial businesses.

see I knew you would know :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, ladies

I'd like to share what I expect to read in EWY:

1. Gideon's abuser

This would reveal Gideon's childhood involving Elizabeth Vidal, the srink, and the doctoral candidate

2. Nathan's murder case

It would be intriguing to see how Monica (and Stanton?) and Angus team up with Gideon to terminate Eva's abuser

3. GidEva's smartegic [that's smart+strategic] plan

I assume the crux of Chapter 2 would be "trade" mentioned in Oscar Night snippet. This would lead GidEva to:

#1 have the so-called love nest in order to see each other face to face regularly (the snippets strongly suggest they're at the same place)

#2 communicate frequently

#3 protect each other

I don't put Brett and Corinne into the equation because I guess they'd have their resolution chapters in EWY *wink*

P.S : Kirsten, I successfully hit the selected Topic but didn't see any button at the bottom that says Reply to 1 quoted post. I think I'll try again tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help *hugs* GTG now.

Bit of British history today.

Bank holidays are also known as public holidays.

It was introduced in 1871, by a Liberal politician and banker called Sir John Lubbock.

As sheens says, it's a public holiday for the banks and financial businesses.

Love the British history lesson!

In the United States, the nearest equivalent we have to your bank holidays are "Federal holidays" -- holidays that are observed in all 50 states. Government offices, including state and local government offices, are closed, as are the banks. For most the most important Federal holidays, the financial markets (stock exchanges) also are closed, as are schools and many offices.

Memorial Day (last Monday in May -- today) is a Federal holiday, one of the biggest. Officially, it is to remember members of the military who died in war. Observances include parades and/or ceremonies at war memorials and/or cemeteries. Unofficially, it is considered the start of the summer recreational season, with cookouts being an especially popular way to observe the day.

Some states and even individual cities have local holidays, where they will close state offices and schools, but the banks will remain open, as will most offices.

I grew up in Massachusetts, where the civil unrest that led to the American Revolution got started, and where Massachusetts became the first British colony to cross the line from unrest to actual open war. There are two local holidays linked to that part of history. The first is Patriots Day, observed statewide the third Monday in April, to commemorate the day the Revolutionary War itself began. In modern times, that day is noted for an internationally-known sports event - the Boston Marathon. The other local holiday, only in the city of Boston itself, is officially called "Evacuation Day" -- the date on which General George Washington's military forces finally succeeded in capturing Boston from the British, forcing the British military to evacuate the city via its naval ships. But it happened on March 17, so Evacuation Day is really a thinly-disguised way to make St. Patrick's Day a legal holiday in one of the most Irish cities in America. ;)

BTW ladies, I've loved the personal accounts of real-life love stories -- real happily ever afters. SQUEEEEE!!!!!

Thanks LN

Also like you, us in Scotland have different holidays than Julie does in England.

Some holidays are UK spread and some we have in Scotland Julie would not have in England

ST Paddy's day (St Patricks Day in irish) is mainly celebrated in Ireland but here in Scotland we like to join in, any excuse for a party.

In Scotland we have St Andrews Day (Patron Saint of Scotland) at the end of November

In England they have St George's Day - not sure when

We also celebrate Burn's day with Rabbie Burn Supper, usually Haggis which being a true Scot I love.

I love how in this forum no matter what you have gone through in life, these books uplift us and unite us all together as one big happy Crossfire Family LOL xx 

Love the British history lesson!

In the United States, the nearest equivalent we have to your bank holidays are "Federal holidays" -- holidays that are observed in all 50 states. Government offices, including state and local government offices, are closed, as are the banks. For most the most important Federal holidays, the financial markets (stock exchanges) also are closed, as are schools and many offices.

Memorial Day (last Monday in May -- today) is a Federal holiday, one of the biggest. Officially, it is to remember members of the military who died in war. Observances include parades and/or ceremonies at war memorials and/or cemeteries. Unofficially, it is considered the start of the summer recreational season, with cookouts being an especially popular way to observe the day.

Some states and even individual cities have local holidays, where they will close state offices and schools, but the banks will remain open, as will most offices.

I grew up in Massachusetts, where the civil unrest that led to the American Revolution got started, and where Massachusetts became the first British colony to cross the line from unrest to actual open war. There are two local holidays linked to that part of history. The first is Patriots Day, observed statewide the third Monday in April, to commemorate the day the Revolutionary War itself began. In modern times, that day is noted for an internationally-known sports event - the Boston Marathon. The other local holiday, only in the city of Boston itself, is officially called "Evacuation Day" -- the date on which General George Washington's military forces finally succeeded in capturing Boston from the British, forcing the British military to evacuate the city via its naval ships. But it happened on March 17, so Evacuation Day is really a thinly-disguised way to make St. Patrick's Day a legal holiday in one of the most Irish cities in America. ;)

Thats pretty awesome I might need to come to Boston for St. Patty's day next year. Lol

St George's day is the 23rd of April. Unlike st Patricks day in Ireland which is a bank holiday, st George's isn't in England. Our Government doesnt regard him as special.All our bank holidays include, schools, office workers, most council workers, having the day off. Retailers are not so lucky. :(

St George's day is the 23rd of April. Unlike st Patricks day in Ireland which is a bank holiday, st George's isn't in England. Our Government doesnt regard him as special.All our bank holidays include, schools, office workers, most council workers, having the day off. Retailers are not so lucky. :(

Hey Julie, 

Neither is St Andrews Day, it is just a day to celebrate, we don't get it as a holiday :(

The only day all retailers get off is Christmas Day.

It used to be that everyone, including retailers, also got off the second biggest U.S. holiday, Thanksgiving Day, the fourth Thursday in November. But now the opposite is true for retailers, because Thanksgiving starts a retail frenzy.

Many people get a four-day weekend for Thanksgiving, and they do holiday gift shopping that weekend. The day after Thanksgiving is known as "Black Friday" -- the biggest retail day of the year (black meaning "profit" on the balance sheets, as opposed to red, which means "loss" on financial balance sheets.) Now Black Friday has been creeping into Thanksgiving itself, with some stores opening that Thursday night in order to lure shoppers. Most of the major retailers definitely are open by midnight Thursday into Friday offering special sales in the morning. Every retailer wants the earliest shopper to come to their stores to spend money first.

It's nuts. People either love or hate Black Friday -- either go out of their way to plan their shopping that day or avoid stores like the plague.

Hello, ladies

1. Gideon's abuser

This would reveal Gideon's childhood involving Elizabeth Vidal, the srink, and the doctoral candidate

2. Nathan's murder case

It would be intriguing to see how Monica (and Stanton?) and Angus team up with Gideon to terminate Eva's abuser

I assume the crux of Chapter 2 would be "trade" mentioned in Oscar Night snippet. This would lead GidEva to:

#1 have the so-called love nest in order to see each other face to face regularly (the snippets strongly suggest they're at the same place)

#3 protect each other

I don't put Brett and Corinne into the equation because I guess they'd have their resolution chapters in EWY *wink*

P.S : Kirsten, I successfully hit the selected Topic but didn't see any button at the bottom that says Reply to 1 quoted post. I think I'll try again tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help *hugs* GTG now.

I wonder where the love nest will be ; I just love the whole idea of it...Just can't wait 7 days to go...

The only day all retailers get off is Christmas Day.

It used to be that everyone, including retailers, also got off the second biggest U.S. holiday, Thanksgiving Day, the fourth Thursday in November. But now the opposite is true for retailers, because Thanksgiving starts a retail frenzy.

Many people get a four-day weekend for Thanksgiving, and they do holiday gift shopping that weekend. The day after Thanksgiving is known as "Black Friday" -- the biggest retail day of the year (black meaning "profit" on the balance sheets, as opposed to red, which means "loss" on financial balance sheets.) Now Black Friday has been creeping into Thanksgiving itself, with some stores opening that Thursday night in order to lure shoppers. Most of the major retailers definitely are open by midnight Thursday into Friday offering special sales in the morning. Every retailer wants the earliest shopper to come to their stores to spend money first.

It's nuts. People either love or hate Black Friday -- either go out of their way to plan their shopping that day or avoid stores like the plague.

Christmas Day and Easter Sunday, are the only two days retailers close. Having said that, on Easter Sunday your shop can open if your stores square footage is below 3000sq ft.

Personally, I avoid shopping wherever possible. Trolling round the shops is time consuming.

Hello, ladies

1. Gideon's abuser

2. Nathan's murder case

#3 protect each other

Hi Andie!

#1 - Sylvia has indicated we are going to learn about the man who abused Gideon as a child. I expect we'll also learn how it was the matter got covered up by the Vidals.

# 2 - I'm convinced Angus was an actual accomplice (that is, helped commit the killing itself by getting Gideon to and from the scene, serving as lookout and disposing of evidence, especially the knife, while Gideon slipped back into the party crowd). In any case, I expect we'll find out exactly what went down, because Eva needs to know everything - what Detective Graves has gotten right, what Graves got wrong, what Graves has not yet figured out but might ....

#3 - and Eva's the cops daughter is going to call the shots is my guess. Gideon has ephed up already in some important ways, which is why he ended up chief suspect. Eva's going to make sure Gideon doesn't do anything more stupid just because he cannot bear to be without Eva.

#4 - it's been hinted that Corrine is soon to be out of Gideon's life because Corrine hurt Eva. As far as Brett goes, well thus far he's refused to take "no" for an answer from Eva. The question is -- just how long with Brett attempt to chase Eva? Will Brett throw in the towel voluntarily (as opposed to Corrine, who will be forced to give up.) I predict Corrine definitely will be finished by the end of Entwined. Brett -- not so sure. He might continue to be a factor into Book Four.

Additional things I hope to see:

1. how the murder case will go away. Not by trial -- there's not enough time in two weeks. My pet theory is the decision by the prosecution they'll never be able to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt to a jury.
  2. what did Angus do to earn Gideon's absolute trust
  3. how is Cary going to start facing the fact his love/sex life is a hot mess that's gotten out of control
  4. Victor finally dropping the torch for Monica after his starry-eyed idealization of her is shattered

Hi Andie!

#1 - Sylvia has indicated we are going to learn about the man who abused Gideon as a child. I expect we'll also learn how it was the matter got covered up by the Vidals.

# 2 - I'm convinced Angus was an actual accomplice (that is, helped commit the killing itself by getting Gideon to and from the scene, serving as lookout and disposing of evidence, especially the knife, while Gideon slipped back into the party crowd). In any case, I expect we'll find out exactly what went down, because Eva needs to know everything - what Detective Graves has gotten right, what Graves got wrong, what Graves has not yet figured out but might ....

#3 - and Eva's the cops daughter is going to call the shots is my guess. Gideon has ephed up already in some important ways, which is why he ended up chief suspect. Eva's going to make sure Gideon doesn't do anything more stupid just because he cannot bear to be without Eva.

#4 - it's been hinted that Corrine is soon to be out of Gideon's life because Corrine hurt Eva. As far as Brett goes, well thus far he's refused to take "no" for an answer from Eva. The question is -- just how long with Brett attempt to chase Eva? Will Brett throw in the towel voluntarily (as opposed to Corrine, who will be forced to give up.) I predict Corrine definitely will be finished by the end of Entwined. Brett -- not so sure. He might continue to be a factor into Book Four.

Additional things I hope to see:

• how the murder case will go away. Not by trial -- there's not enough time in two weeks. My pet theory is the decision by the prosecution they'll never be able to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt to a jury.
  • what did Angus do to earn Gideon's absolute trust
  • how is Cary going to start facing the fact his love/sex life is a hot mess that's gotten out of control
  • Victor finally dropping the torch for Monica after his starry-eyed idealization of her is shattered
Why brunettes are so important to Gideon, consciously or unconsciously. We need to know.

Why brunettes are so important to Gideon, consciously or unconsciously. We need to know.

OMG, Julie -- how could I forget?!!!

My own burning spoiler question: what was Gideon's hair color policy when it came to the bedroom (er, hotel room in his case)?

The redheaded Anne Lucas does not count toward official policy, because she was a revenge f*** not Gideon feeling frisky enough to get laid. Soooooo ..... when Gideon fell into a h.o.r.n.y mood, was the rule:

1. Only brunettes need apply?
  2. Brunettes need not apply, I don't want to mix dating and sex like I did with Corrine, so no more brunettes in bed?
  3. Doesn't really matter - blonde, brunette, redhead. As long as she's willing, available and without expectations of anything more.

I guess it matters because it had  while it been love at first sight when Gideon looked into Eva's eyes, it had been just burning l.u.s.t when he saw her out on the sidewalk, looking up at the Crossfire in awe -- him envisioning her on her knees looking up at him that way. Did she catch his eye sexually because she wasn't a brunette -- OR -- did she catch his eye despite the fact she wasn't a brunette?

I'd like to think it didn't matter one way or another. I'd like to think that the whole brunette thing was a Mommy issue, plain and simple, that Gideon was unconsciously striking back at his trophy wife brunette mother, who chose her rich husband's bribed doctors over her own child. Gideon is getting even with trophy girlfriend brunettes, ones he refuses to become intimate with, because his only attempt to combine both -- Corrine -- ended badly.

If it's true he f*** only brunettes too, well I find that more disturbing, because it does make Corrine along with his mother far more of a sexual fetish issue.

Either way, Eva has broken the Reign of the Brunettes. But I still want to know just how deeply the issue ran with him before he fell in love with an amazing woman who just happened to be blonde.

When I read FSoG I couldn't get over how juvenile it sounded. The book read like it was written by a 17 year old. I personally don't know how women could get off to the BDSM parts, I found myself skipping a lot of the sex scenes because it was redundant and I was more interested in their relationship than the sex. I must admit I did have CG withdrawals because I read all three books back to back and I was so into the story because just like Jenn it was like fantasy... Then I met GC and must say I'm much happier now lol

My husband and I both read FSoG and The Crossfire series. We both felt the reading level was a little lower than we expected, especially with there being a heavy BDSM theme in the story. We also found ourselves skipping over some of the sex scenes because they were fairly redundant. However I too went through CG withdrawls when I was finished with the books. I was hoping for more from CG POV and maybe a mirrored series of the 3 books written from his POV.

I LOVE the Crossfire series, the characters have more depth to them and seem more like a real person. I find myself relating to a couple of them at times. Then at other times I am wanting to have a cup of coffee and conversation with them to find out what they are thinking and maybe point them in a better direction :-)  And I am totally going through Eva and Gideon withdrawls waiting for the next book to come out!!!

just wondering what someone else thinks about why Gideon had lipstick on his shirt, and why the couch leg was moved and the pillow on the floor in his office when Corrine came walking out of the Crossfire and Eva saw her. plus he just got out of the shower. in Reflectionsin you? Sylvia never addressed this YET! I want an answer!!

Hi Lorna,

I believe Sylvia addressed it in another forum.

It was not lipstick it was blood. When we re-read the scene the book said it looks like lipstick. Nathan had been up to see Gideon. Things didn't go the way Nathan planned them....

My husband and I both read FSoG and The Crossfire series. We both felt the reading level was a little lower than we expected, especially with there being a heavy BDSM theme in the story. We also found ourselves skipping over some of the sex scenes because they were fairly redundant. However I too went through CG withdrawls when I was finished with the books. I was hoping for more from CG POV and maybe a mirrored series of the 3 books written from his POV.

I LOVE the Crossfire series, the characters have more depth to them and seem more like a real person. I find myself relating to a couple of them at times. Then at other times I am wanting to have a cup of coffee and conversation with them to find out what they are thinking and maybe point them in a better direction :-) And I am totally going through Eva and Gideon withdrawls waiting for the next book to come out!!!

I actually emailed E.L James to let her know how I like the series and told her the same thing of wanting the series re-written from CG's POV. She responded that she is tinkering around with that but not to get my hopes up as it might not be published. So fingers crossed it might. To be honest I would absolutely LOVE if SD re-wrote the Crossfire series from Gideon's POV after the original series is complete.

I actually emailed E.L James to let her know how I like the series and told her the same thing of wanting the series re-written from CG's POV. She responded that she is tinkering around with that but not to get my hopes up as it might not be published. So fingers crossed it might. To be honest I would absolutely LOVE if SD re-wrote the Crossfire series from Gideon's POV after the original series is complete.

A love story from a mans POV. How good would that be. We had snippet New Year's Eve. That was brilliant. A whole book. Wow!

A love story from a mans POV. How good would that be. We had snippet New Year's Eve. That was brilliant. A whole book. Wow!

During that video interview Sylvia gave on Booktalk Nation earlier this month, she was asked whether we'd get more Crossfire stuff from Gideon's point of view -- from inside Gideon's head. 

Her answer had been that for now, she's not planning extensive material from inside Gideon's head. Her reason why was very intriguing -- it's because Gideon hasn't let her in.

Essentially, her characters come into her inspiration fully formed, and the Gideon inside her imagination is still a closed-off person in many ways.