The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

I have been reading this forum for a while, but I am only finally  able to post today!

May I just say that I love this forum and all your comments and it is so nice to be able to share our interest in Eva and Gideon's journey.

I loved FSOG and a friend of mine recommended BTY to me, but unfortunately I read it the first time in August 2012, I read RIY as soon as it came out and then I had to wait and wait and wait and I lost count of how many times I re-read the books. They are actually falling into pieces...

Anyway, the wait is nearly over and I can't wait and I am so happy to be able to share it with you as unfortunately most of my friends that loved FSOG, did not get as much into the Crossfire series and so I don't have anyone to discuss it with. BTW, I loved FSOG, but I love Eva and Gideon so much more!

I am confident EWY will give us much more happy time for our couple (as anticipated from Sylvia). It is well deserved for us as well as for our couple as we did not get enough happy times in RIY. I stopped trying to guess what will happen based on the clues as it was driving me crazy. Let's just say that I hope that Corinne will be gone soon (ok, I understand it is not easy to get over Gideon, but we so much need to get over her!), I suspect Cary won't find much peace and happiness in the next book, but I hope he will in the next ones. I would like an hot scene between Victor and Monica, even though I am not sure it would be good for them. 

Anyway, I am sure we won't be disappointed when we will finally read the book after such a long wait!

Looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you. Sorry if my english is not always great, but my first language is Italian

Welcome.  I am relatively new to the site and I love it.  It is fun to be around other people who are as obsessed as I am.  I have looked at parts of the book with a new light.  Everyone's input makes the re-reads fun and informative.

No I said ugh because she has already read it! Lol she said she got her book from the original release date of may 7th!! She doesn't give any spoilers but she does post questions she had after reading the book. I won't paste it here because I don't want those who don't want to read the review to be upset but here is the link if you're curious!

Click at your own risk!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/609599053

VADE RETRO SATANA!!!!!! (Go away, Satan)

When the going gets tough I always turn to Latin;  must be my Roman Catholic upbringing popping up at such a small hour!!!

Hi everyone!

I have been reading this forum for a while, but I am only finally  able to post today!

May I just say that I love this forum and all your comments and it is so nice to be able to share our interest in Eva and Gideon's journey.

I loved FSOG and a friend of mine recommended BTY to me, but unfortunately I read it the first time in August 2012, I read RIY as soon as it came out and then I had to wait and wait and wait and I lost count of how many times I re-read the books. They are actually falling into pieces...

Anyway, the wait is nearly over and I can't wait and I am so happy to be able to share it with you as unfortunately most of my friends that loved FSOG, did not get as much into the Crossfire series and so I don't have anyone to discuss it with. BTW, I loved FSOG, but I love Eva and Gideon so much more!

I am confident EWY will give us much more happy time for our couple (as anticipated from Sylvia). It is well deserved for us as well as for our couple as we did not get enough happy times in RIY. I stopped trying to guess what will happen based on the clues as it was driving me crazy. Let's just say that I hope that Corinne will be gone soon (ok, I understand it is not easy to get over Gideon, but we so much need to get over her!), I suspect Cary won't find much peace and happiness in the next book, but I hope he will in the next ones. I would like an hot scene between Victor and Monica, even though I am not sure it would be good for them. 

Anyway, I am sure we won't be disappointed when we will finally read the book after such a long wait!

Looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you. Sorry if my english is not always great, but my first language is Italian!

Welcome on board!

The ladies here are great and I'm sure you'll be drinking more than a cup of coffe over our posts.

CIAO!

PS: If you really want to have fun then you'll have to read MY English....

Before FSOG I had never read any erotica except some of the classic stuff like O and Nin, etc. in college. Also tried Sleeping Beauty but couldn't stand it. I liked Fifty enough that I wanted something else like it and someone suggested BTY and RIY. After I read (and re re re read ) those, I couldn't get into FSOG again. Wish I could - to help me get through the wait!

Read "On Dublin Street" by Samantha Young...lol

Hi everyone!

Looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you. Sorry if my english is not always great, but my first language is Italian!

Welcome. So glad to have another opinion to add to our mix.

It will be so great to finally be able to read EWY and then pull it all apart. :)

Sheens263, on 24 May 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:snapback.png

I like books that make me care about the characters. FSOG made me care about C & A. That said there were more than grammar errors. For example when Ana was leaving the hospital Sawyer was driving and then when they arrived home Taylor jumped out the the drivers seat. I think some of these logistic errors were the result of moving the story from fanfic to print. I fault the editor for some of these errors but that said I liked the story and I'll read it again sometime

I have to reread the hospital

My favorite genre is mystery but Sylvia's Crossfire series is such a great story that I will definitely continue to read her books religiously as they are released. They are great stories, well written and I not only care about the characters but I feel their pain and joy. I love when a writer can take me through every possible emotion when I'm reading.

No I said ugh because she has already read it! Lol she said she got her book from the original release date of may 7th!! She doesn't give any spoilers but she does post questions she had after reading the book. I won't paste it here because I don't want those who don't want to read the review to be upset but here is the link if you're curious!

Click at your own risk!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/609599053

I had to read it to but there wasn't any spoilers

VADE RETRO SATANA!!!!!! (Go away, Satan)

When the going gets tough I always turn to Latin;  must be my Roman Catholic upbringing popping up at such a small hour!!!

Hi Gabri

I had a Roman Catholic upbringing too but we never learned any Latin back in the day but I'm so gonna use that Latin verse from now on...

I couldn't resist---lol

Neither could I, it does make interesting reading but does not answer any questions, but now my heid hurts (sorry head for translation) and my mind is just boggled (means confused in English), Oh God is it not 4th June yet!!!!!!!

It is impossible to resist! I don't even try to resist as I am so eager to find out what happens in book 3 ... and even if I read some spoilers it is fine as I am still going to read and reread the book!!!!

Hi Gabri

I had a Roman Catholic upbringing too but we never learned any Latin back in the day but I'm so gonna use that Latin verse from now on...

Hi sscrph,

glad you appreciated it! lol :)

On Facebook (and Twitter), Sylvia is having some fun with the fact today's New York Post mentioned Entwined in You among recommended summer books.

Today's edition of the @NYPost calls Gideon "smolderingly sexy." I couldn't agree more! :) I wonder if there's a Page Six mention of Christopher...

HAH!

From page 99-100 of Bared to You, when Christopher introduced himself to Eva, and she recalled reading something about him:

He laughed. "I'm flattered you remembered it. Just don't tell me it was in Page Six.

For our international audience, Page Six is an in-real-life thing that Sylvia incorporates into both Crossfire novels thus far. It is a gossip column in a daily tabloid newspaper, the New York Post - one of the Post's most popular features. Celebrities and New York high society members are frequent fodder for the gossip column. The column runs on page 6 of the newspaper (thus the name Page Six).

Page Six comes up in Reflected in You - the party photo of Gideon and Corrine looking intimate ran on Page Six. Eva's father showed it to her - to show her the picture - after Victor spent time online looking into where Gideon had been Thursday, obviously discovering news about Gideon being seen with his former fiancee -- and figuring out why Gideon sidestepped the police question in front of Eva where he'd been Thursday.

On Facebook (and Twitter), Sylvia is having some fun with the fact today's New York Post mentioned Entwined in You among recommended summer books.

Today's edition of the @NYPost calls Gideon "smolderingly sexy." I couldn't agree more! :) I wonder if there's a Page Six mention of Christopher...

HAH!

From page 99-100 of Bared to You, when Christopher introduced himself to Eva, and she recalled reading something about him:

He laughed. "I'm flattered you remembered it. Just don't tell me it was in Page Six.

For our international audience, Page Six is an in-real-life thing that Sylvia incorporates into both Crossfire novels thus far. It is a gossip column in a daily tabloid newspaper, the New York Post - one of the Post's most popular features. Celebrities and New York high society members are frequent fodder for the gossip column. The column runs on page 6 of the newspaper (thus the name Page Six).

Page Six comes up in Reflected in You - the party photo of Gideon and Corrine looking intimate ran on Page Six. Eva's father showed it to her - to show her the picture - after Victor spent time online looking into where Gideon had been Thursday, obviously discovering news about Gideon being seen with his former fiancee -- and figuring out why Gideon sidestepped the police question in front of Eva where he'd been Thursday.

Thanks LN

Funny how Victor, who would have had his pick of days of gossip stories about the shocking development in Gideon's love life, chose something that didn't have a screaming story about Corrine's place in his life -- but -- had the absolutely worst photo. 

The Page Six blurb reads like a press release about Kingsman Vodka - where and when the public relations event was held. For Victor, it simply proved Gideon had reason to avoid saying in front of Eva where he (Gideon) had been Thursday. For Eva, her Dad had no way of knowing she'd recognize the name of the hotel where the party happened and the news would be the last straw that shattered her heart. For Gideon, obviously, the blurb about when and where the party was constituted Gideon's alibi. Nowhere in the story nor caption is there screaming speculation Gideon and Corrine are back together.

BUT ....

Victor had been looking for photos all the time, not stories. He'd told Eva he'd seen some photos of her and Gideon that had looked promising -- but -- then he lowered the boom with the party photo. Victor had his choice between the party photo and the photos of Gideon having dinner with Corrine on Monday. The party picture was a thousand times worse.

In the most incriminating of the dinner photos Eva saw online, Corrine had " .... her hand resting intimately on his forearm. ..." and in some other photos from the restaurant "He was smiling in a few of them, looking remarkably content ...." (page 224). The next day, Eva studied every photo she could find online. Then she sent all of them to Gideon's email and immediately left for lunch -- with Brett. 

Compare those restaurant photos to something far more devastating, the party photo her father chose to show her. From pages 283-284) "He had his arm around her waist, and their body language was familiar and intimate. He was very close to her, his lips nearly touching her temple. She had a drink in her hand and was laughing."

Makes me still want to give Gideon the character a swift kick in the b***.

• Knowing Eva had been upset by those Monday night pictures of him merely sitting at a restaurant table with Corrine, how could he pose with Corrine in a way that showed he obviously had grabbed hold of her and his lips were close enough to her face to kiss her?
  • How was Corrine NOT supposed to assume, given that picture, that Gideon still desired her?

HAH!

As to the in-real-life things Sylvia has incorporated in BTY and RIY, I have been wondering for quite a while whether Gedeon's hint in BTY to a serial being shot near the Crossifire Building, a procedural one, together with Cary's surname being Taylor, is referring to C.S.I. NY (where Gary Sinise plays Mac Taylor!!). Perhaps I'm just way off the mark.