The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I'm just going to throw this out there because it is getting close but I think we should be prepared for some disappointment in EWY...

1.). I do not think all our questions will be answered . If it is really a 2 week time span I don't think Gideon all of a sudden is going to come clean with all his secrets . This man has made a life of living with secrets and he's not going to be forthcoming over nite...

2.). I think that even though we will love the alone time with GidEva we will long for them to be out in the open with their love and I just don't see this happening in EWY. I think we will want those moments where they are riding to work together; Eva in Gideon's lap and going to functions together dancing. I think we all want to see some big sexy time in his office too and I just don't think it's happening in EWY

3.). The stolen moments will also be filled with pain and frustration for both of them so we can only hope it is a healthy mix of both and pray that Book 4 is released sooner rather than later...

What do you all think???? :(. :(

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how Victor, who would have had his pick of days of gossip stories about the shocking development in Gideon's love life, chose something that didn't have a screaming story about Corrine's place in his life -- but -- had the absolutely worst photo. 

The Page Six blurb reads like a press release about Kingsman Vodka - where and when the public relations event was held. For Victor, it simply proved Gideon had reason to avoid saying in front of Eva where he (Gideon) had been Thursday. For Eva, her Dad had no way of knowing she'd recognize the name of the hotel where the party happened and the news would be the last straw that shattered her heart. For Gideon, obviously, the blurb about when and where the party was constituted Gideon's alibi. Nowhere in the story nor caption is there screaming speculation Gideon and Corrine are back together.

BUT ....

Victor had been looking for photos all the time, not stories. He'd told Eva he'd seen some photos of her and Gideon that had looked promising -- but -- then he lowered the boom with the party photo. Victor had his choice between the party photo and the photos of Gideon having dinner with Corrine on Monday. The party picture was a thousand times worse.

In the most incriminating of the dinner photos Eva saw online, Corrine had " .... her hand resting intimately on his forearm. ..." and in some other photos from the restaurant "He was smiling in a few of them, looking remarkably content ...." (page 224). The next day, Eva studied every photo she could find online. Then she sent all of them to Gideon's email and immediately left for lunch -- with Brett. 

Compare those restaurant photos to something far more devastating, the party photo her father chose to show her. From pages 283-284) "He had his arm around her waist, and their body language was familiar and intimate. He was very close to her, his lips nearly touching her temple. She had a drink in her hand and was laughing."

Makes me still want to give Gideon the character a swift kick in the b***.

• Knowing Eva had been upset by those Monday night pictures of him merely sitting at a restaurant table with Corrine, how could he pose with Corrine in a way that showed he obviously had grabbed hold of her and his lips were close enough to her face to kiss her?
  • How was Corrine NOT supposed to assume, given that picture, that Gideon still desired her?
I love the way, everyday household names and places are included in the storyline. This is what makes the books seem real. I did wonder about Page Six when I first read BTY.

From here on, I would have thrown in the towel with Gideon, if I had been Eva. His behaviour was appalling, cold and destructive. Bearing in mind all they had talked about over the weekend, 36 hours later it looks like his giving it to an old flame. Her self esteem and respect for Gideon, must have fallen through the floor.

Of all the people to rub her nose in it. CORINNE! ARE YOU MAD!! STUPID BOY!!! Shaking head here.

I'm just going to throw this out there because it is getting close but I think we should be prepared for some disappointment in EWY...

1.). I do not think all our questions will be answered . If it is really a 2 week time span I don't think Gideon all of a sudden is going to come clean with all his secrets . This man has made a life of living with secrets and he's not going to be forthcoming over nite...

2.). I think that even though we will love the alone time with GidEva we will long for them to be out in the open with their love and I just don't see this happening in EWY. I think we will want those moments where they are riding to work together; Eva in Gideon's lap and going to functions together dancing. I think we all want to see some big sexy time in his office too and I just don't think it's happening in EWY

3.). The stolen moments will also be filled with pain and frustration for both of them so we can only hope it is a healthy mix of both and pray that Book 4 is released sooner rather than later...

I so agree.

It's too much to cram into one book. It will spoil the storyline. Although its going to be frustrating, I'm glad it's going into 2 more books after EWY.

We just have to be patient and theorise like we have for the last 5 months.

We will get there in the end. Just like our lovers.

I so agree.

It's too much to cram into one book. It will spoil the storyline. Although its going to be frustrating, I'm glad it's going into 2 more books after EWY.

We just have to be patient and theorise like we have for the last 5 months.

We will get there in the end. Just like our lovers.

I agree, too! Two weeks is much too short a time to resolve problems of a life time...

However, I do feel that we will be happy/surprised over some outcomes!

Look at how wonderful two days hiding from the rest of the world (the North Carolina weekend) brought them so close together and got Gideon to start opening up more than he ever had previously.

Let's say they manage to spend almost every night of the coming two weeks together alone, just the two of them hiding from everyone, how much closer they can become, and how much more Gideon can open up.

We've been told the book will go to dark places and Gideon will struggle -- but Eva will now be in a good place and will be the anchor of the relationship. I think the darkness will involve Gideon's shell finally cracking wide open and all the hurt/pain stored up for 17-plus years will finally spill out.

Plus, I think he's really going to struggle hard over the fact Brett has an unobstructed shot at trying everything he can to win back Eva. Not that Brett has a chance of doing so. But he's going to try as hard as he can. And Gideon, haunted by the image of Eva kissing Brett, is going to freaking out as much as Eva used to over Corrine.

I see Gideon's shell cracking open in Entwined -- and the book ending with him finally convinced Eva isn't ever going to leave.

Books Four and Five will be Gideon's road to recovery, now that he's finally hauled his skeletons out of his closet.

I see Gideon's shell cracking open in Entwined -- and the book ending with him finally convinced Eva isn't ever going to leave.

Books Four and Five will be Gideon's road to recovery, now that he's finally hauled his skeletons out of his closet.

I'm so hoping so.

As long as the police investigation goes away for good, Gideons recovery will be slow and painful, but he will get there, with his angel.

Funny how Victor, who would have had his pick of days of gossip stories about the shocking development in Gideon's love life, chose something that didn't have a screaming story about Corrine's place in his life -- but -- had the absolutely worst photo. 

The Page Six blurb reads like a press release about Kingsman Vodka - where and when the public relations event was held. For Victor, it simply proved Gideon had reason to avoid saying in front of Eva where he (Gideon) had been Thursday. For Eva, her Dad had no way of knowing she'd recognize the name of the hotel where the party happened and the news would be the last straw that shattered her heart. For Gideon, obviously, the blurb about when and where the party was constituted Gideon's alibi. Nowhere in the story nor caption is there screaming speculation Gideon and Corrine are back together.

BUT ....

Victor had been looking for photos all the time, not stories. He'd told Eva he'd seen some photos of her and Gideon that had looked promising -- but -- then he lowered the boom with the party photo. Victor had his choice between the party photo and the photos of Gideon having dinner with Corrine on Monday. The party picture was a thousand times worse.

In the most incriminating of the dinner photos Eva saw online, Corrine had " .... her hand resting intimately on his forearm. ..." and in some other photos from the restaurant "He was smiling in a few of them, looking remarkably content ...." (page 224). The next day, Eva studied every photo she could find online. Then she sent all of them to Gideon's email and immediately left for lunch -- with Brett. 

Compare those restaurant photos to something far more devastating, the party photo her father chose to show her. From pages 283-284) "He had his arm around her waist, and their body language was familiar and intimate. He was very close to her, his lips nearly touching her temple. She had a drink in her hand and was laughing."

Makes me still want to give Gideon the character a swift kick in the b***.

• Knowing Eva had been upset by those Monday night pictures of him merely sitting at a restaurant table with Corrine, how could he pose with Corrine in a way that showed he obviously had grabbed hold of her and his lips were close enough to her face to kiss her?
  • How was Corrine NOT supposed to assume, given that picture, that Gideon still desired her?

1) How dared he indeed!! Giving it a second thought, though, Gedeon rashly planned Nathan's murder out of utter fear for Eva's life/safety. Gedeon hasn't got time enough to address things properly and make up a decent, detective-proof alibi for himself. As Detective Graves says, Gedeon needs Eva's reaction to be true, which means he has to be that cruel to her.  Unfortunately, Gedeon's being "no saint" hasn't prevented him from coming up with a real botch-up.

2) She was bound to, poor thing!! Because Gedeon also needs Corinne's reactions to be true to invalidate his motive to kill Nathan in the police's eye as well as in the public one. But I'll bet there's no one out there who doesn't think she deserved it!!!

Look at how wonderful two days hiding from the rest of the world (the North Carolina weekend) brought them so close together and got Gideon to start opening up more than he ever had previously.

Let's say they manage to spend almost every night of the coming two weeks together alone, just the two of them hiding from everyone, how much closer they can become, and how much more Gideon can open up.

We've been told the book will go to dark places and Gideon will struggle -- but Eva will now be in a good place and will be the anchor of the relationship. I think the darkness will involve Gideon's shell finally cracking wide open and all the hurt/pain stored up for 17-plus years will finally spill out.

Plus, I think he's really going to struggle hard over the fact Brett has an unobstructed shot at trying everything he can to win back Eva. Not that Brett has a chance of doing so. But he's going to try as hard as he can. And Gideon, haunted by the image of Eva kissing Brett, is going to freaking out as much as Eva used to over Corrine.

I think the EWY is going to show a lot of Gideon's struggles, especially with his insecurities over Brett, but like you said Eva is so much stronger now and more determined to get answers from Gideon about his pains and struggles and I think she is the only one who will bring him out of his shell so fingers crossed for both of them

Hello, ladies

P.S.: Kirsten, would you please tell me how to re-post posting from another thread? Thank you so much.

P.S.S: It's your fault, Sylvia! The Crossfire series is like preeminent theobromine. I'm cerebrally aroused, emotionally elevated, and dripping in GidEva-mones *Snippet #7 reference*

XOXO

Okay Andie what you do to post from one thread to another is hit the "MultiQuote" box and then will see a box towards the bottom right that will say 1 quoted post (or something along those lines) you can then scroll up to "The Sylvia Day Fan Community --->  Book Chat ---> The Crossfire Series " You'll click on The Crossfire Series link and it will bring you to the page with the Topics on it. You then hit the topic you want the reply to go into and then hit that button at the bottom that says Reply to 1 quoted post and it will come up in the box. I hope that makes sense.

I think the hard part is starting to share and Gideon did that when he picked up Eva at Dr. Lucas' office.  In Entwined he knows he has to continue to share his story with Eva so I think the flood gates open and Gideon talks more easily.  I'm sure there will be information revealed in the last two books but I have a feeling that the big reveal will be in this one.

I think the hard part is starting to share and Gideon did that when he picked up Eva at Dr. Lucas' office.  In Entwined he knows he has to continue to share his story with Eva so I think the flood gates open and Gideon talks more easily.  I'm sure there will be information revealed in the last two books but I have a feeling that the big reveal will be in this one.

I agree.

We said yesterday, to cram into 2 weeks all the info and answers that we need, wouldn't do the books justice, we can be patient. As long as we have these pages to theorise, and our HEA, we can wait. :)

Eva has already got Gideon to start opening up, as a very private man, whose been on his own all his life, this won't be easy. But he will get there, his journey will be painful, but he will have his Eva by his side. :)

I agree.

We said yesterday, to cram into 2 weeks all the info and answers that we need, wouldn't do the books justice, we can be patient. As long as we have these pages to theorise, and our HEA, we can wait. :)

Eva has already got Gideon to start opening up, as a very private man, whose been on his own all his life, this won't be easy. But he will get there, his journey will be painful, but he will have his Eva by his side. :)

I hope in the next book though Gideon goes through a cleansing period when opening up to Eva but I agree it will probably keep going on throughout all the books but I think we shall learn more about Gideon's nightmares in this book and Eva will help him. :)

Sylvia did reveal, we would find out who Gideons abuser is in this book.

Today is Memorial Day in the US--it is a holiday to honor those who sacrificed their lives in the military---do you all have something similar in Europe?

we have rememberance Sunday which honors everyone who died in all the wars where we lay poppies at the memorials but no official holiday for it.  Today in UK is a bank holiday we have 2 in May, we should have something like a day off for the people who died but we don't.

We got an extra day's holiday last year for the Jubilee of the Queen and a couple of years before for the Queen's 80th Birthday the rest are usually bank holidays 

Today is Memorial Day in the US--it is a holiday to honor those who sacrificed their lives in the military---do you all have something similar in Europe?

we have rememberance Sunday which honors everyone who died in all the wars where we lay poppies at the memorials but no official holiday for it.  Today in UK is a bank holiday we have 2 in May, we should have something like a day off for the people who died but we don't.

We got an extra day's holiday last year for the Jubilee of the Queen and a couple of years before for the Queen's 80th Birthday the rest are usually bank holidays 

Hi from England. We have a bank holiday today too.

I love that you have a Memorial Day, we should have one too. Most of us here appreciate our soldiers, they do a grand job. The should be honoured.

Hi from England. We have a bank holiday today too.

I love that you have a Memorial Day, we should have one too. Most of us here appreciate our soldiers, they do a grand job. The should be honoured.

Why 2 posts. Bit of a hiccup!

my posts are playing up today, not sure what is going on with the site today, I have to keep logging in and out to get the pages to refresh and let me know what is being said re: notifications :(

What exactly is a bank holiday?

basically and I hope I do not offend any bank tellers or assistants here but it is a holiday where the banks, post office, courier services all take off, I think it was designed so the banks could get a rest, I think it is supposed to be Spring Day here but Julie will probably know better than me.  To be honest AMC I have never known why we get them lol 

basically and I hope I do not offend any bank tellers or assistants here but it is a holiday where the banks, post office, courier services all take off, I think it was designed so the banks could get a rest, I think it is supposed to be Spring Day here but Julie will probably know better than me.  To be honest AMC I have never known why we get them lol

What exactly is a bank holiday?

Bit of British history today.

Bank holidays are also known as public holidays.

It was introduced in 1871, by a Liberal politician and banker called Sir John Lubbock.

As sheens says, it's a public holiday for the banks and financial businesses.