The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

thanks again LN for the info, I never thought of it like that and I forgot about Raul LOL, guess that is because he is not such a prominent character as Angus is :)

Raul also turned up at Eva's place in the early hours of Friday, to take her to the airport to pick up her dad. She refused, choosing to go by taxi.

Was Angus still with Gideon? I would assume so, possibly giving him support, after Gideon had killed Nathan. Gideon, would probably be feeling wretched at what he had done? Taking someone else's life, you don't do lightly. Even if they are scum. (Sorry Nathan no other word for you).

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday - which means we're getting a snapshot today, probably at 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time based on when all the other ones thus far have hit the Internet.

Today will be a glimpse into Chapter 21. Recap of the snapshots of chapters 1-20:

1. The word "Press" over a fuzzy shot of a newspaper page, and a fancy pen in the foreground.

2. Unwrapped Christmas present boxes

3. The word "Business" next to a cup of coffee

4. A microphone on a stand

5. A pile of neatly-folded white terrycloth towels, wrapped in a red ribbon.

6. A bathtub in a modern-style bathroom

7. An open bottle of red wine, nearly full, and in front of it, one wine glass holding some wine. Near it is a small vase holding four red roses.

8. Two different types of pills in blister packs plus a bottle of some sort of liquid medication. The meds are on a glass coffee table in front of a white couch.

9. Fuzzy shot of a crowded dance floor. One woman in the center of the shot is in semi-focus.

10. A diamond and gold women's watch.

11. An Aston Martin sports car

12. A vase of white roses with a card that says "Happy" (can't see what) and signed xoxoxoxo.

13. Pieces of women's clothing scattered at the foot of a bed.

14. An NYPD detective shield (badge).

15. A man's hand grasping a bed sheet

16. A set of stairs or spectator seats (in Times Square?)

17. A man's hand holding a French passport

18. A private jet parked at an airport.

19. A single red rose on a beach

20. A cell phone in a man's hand, the screen indicating an incoming email or text message

And Gideon coming full circle realizing that sometimes, he has to step back from being Eva's first priority.

From Bared Chapter 21, Eva curled up crying in her shower, upset with Cary for the orgy-in-progress that resulted in some drugged up male participant propositioning her -- and even more upset with Gideon for how he'd (mis)treated her in front of Corrine. Eva ordered Gideon to go home.

Eva to Gideon .... "I can't deal with him and you at the same time."

Gideon: "Then you'll just deal with me."

Eva: "Oh, I'm supposed to make you the priority?"

Gideon: "I was under the impression we were both each other's priorities."

Eva: "Yeah, I thought that too. Until tonight."

I think the relapse becomes a problem starting in Chapter 8 (the snapshot involving pills)

I think the resolution comes in Chapter 21 -- maybe Cary entering rehab?

The countdown pictures have included an ambulance and what looks like a hospital corridor.

I'm thinking timeline of two weeks, still recovering from the beating, Cary has a relapse into drug addiction. Oh dear :( Nathan is still destroying lives.

How do you know they are oxycodone pills? What are they?

I Googled oxycodone images (brand name is Oxycontin) -- a highly addictive pain medication among the most serious of the narcotics abused by drug addicts.

Second picture if medication. Thoughts?

I don't think the early snapshot of medications concerned Cary but I think this one definitely does it is definitely prescription medication due to the vial and of course narcotics of some sort for pain relief...

I think the relapse becomes a problem starting in Chapter 8 (the snapshot involving pills)

I think the resolution comes in Chapter 21 -- maybe Cary entering rehab?

The countdown pictures have included an ambulance and what looks like a hospital corridor.

I think we an assume those medical pics apply to Cary.

His story, if true will take up 2 thirds of the book. Eva will be beside herself, especially if she has been devoting time to Gideon.

I don't think the early snapshot of medications concerned Cary but I think this one definitely does it is definitely prescription medication due to the vial and of course narcotics of some sort for pain relief...

Perhaps the early ones are how he starts off the addiction, and chapter 21 is how it all comes to a head, and him going into rehab?

Perhaps the early ones are how he starts off the addiction, and chapter 21 is how it all comes to a head, and him going into rehab?

Agree

• The only character we know who had a history of drug problems is Cary
  • We know Cary is taking narcotics -- and is nervous about having to do so
  • Last we saw of Cary, in Reflected, Eva had to remind him he's not supposed to be drinking because he's on medication
  • It might make sense that if that last mention in Reflected was our first red flag of something that will become crisis a third of a way into Entwined.

Agree

• The only character we know who had a history of drug problems is Cary
  • We know Cary is taking narcotics -- and is nervous about having to do so
  • Last we saw of Cary, in Reflected, Eva had to remind him he's not supposed to be drinking because he's on medication
  • It might make sense that if that last mention in Reflected was our first red flag of something that will become crisis a third of a way into Entwined.
Agreed. We are talking about 5-6 weeks including 2 weeks of EWY. Very possible timescale. Poor Cary. Eva will feel guilty because her abuse led to Cary being beaten, indirectly. She already mentions it, when Graves has her chat.

• Since Cary got out of the hospital, Eva has been home every single night. And after Cary's first night home (when Gideon sneaked in and out of her bedroom) Eva has been free to devote every night to her roommate.
  • The first night of Entwined, Gideon will spend the night in Eva's bedroom.
  • However, Entwined chapter one makes clear Eva has decided she has to keep the truth a secret even from Cary.
  • Thus, I believe that moving forward, whatever nights Eva does spend with Gideon will be somewhere other than her place - either his apartment and/or a love nest. It's too dangerous to continue to see one another at her place.
  • Left alone for increasing amounts of time without Eva to watch over him, the drug abuse might start.
  • When the crisis comes -- perhaps accidental overdose from combining medication with drinking -- Cary will land in the hospital, and Eva/Gideon will feel horrible that Cary still is a Nathan casualty. Not only because of his injuries but because the pair of them had to avoid Cary, leaving him alone at a vulnerable period.

Those early pics look like over the counter meds to me not something he would be taking for pain relief. There were also no prescription vials included in that lot... I just think that was an unrelated matter but only June 4th will tell!!

Those early pics look like over the counter meds to me not something he would be taking for pain relief. There were also no prescription vials included in that lot... I just think that was an unrelated matter but only June 4th will tell!!

Maybe EWY will end with Cary entering rehab we have to remember it has only been a period of 2 weeks so he must really been hitting the pills hard for this to occur at this point...

• Since Cary got out of the hospital, Eva has been home every single night. And after Cary's first night home (when Gideon sneaked in and out of her bedroom) Eva has been free to devote every night to her roommate.
  • The first night of Entwined, Gideon will spend the night in Eva's bedroom.
  • However, Entwined chapter one makes clear Eva has decided she has to keep the truth a secret even from Cary.
  • Thus, I believe that moving forward, whatever nights Eva does spend with Gideon will be somewhere other than her place - either his apartment and/or a love nest. It's too dangerous to continue to see one another at her place.
  • Left alone for increasing amounts of time without Eva to watch over him, the drug abuse might start.
  • When the crisis comes -- perhaps accidental overdose from combining medication with drinking -- Cary will land in the hospital, and Eva/Gideon will feel horrible that Cary still is a Nathan casualty. Not only because of his injuries but because the pair of them had to avoid Cary, leaving him alone at a vulnerable period.
Agree.

I was thinking, if Eva starts staying out suddenly over night regularly, wouldn't Cary who is laid up question that? What will Eva tell him to explain away her absence. Bearing in mind they tell each other everything.