The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I think you're right. One more to add:

Snapshot #4 (the microphone on the stand) almost certainly goes with Snippet #10 (Brett talking to Eva in Times Square). Sylvia released Snippet #10 one day before Snapshot #4.

Thanks LN forgot about those ones :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but the way Elizabeth made that remark made my flesh crawl. For Gideons sake I hope she hasn't got a penchant for pretty young men.

That would be a very dark place to go in this story. It is also connected to Gideons past, which has yet to be revealed. This romance has already taken on a dark edge, with Nathan's murder. There are so many threads to be tied off before the HEA.

Eva herself had the same fear that Elizabeth may have loved Gideon "too much" but she has discarded this theory maybe Gideon just meant his mom is a COUGAR...

I can't wait to read what happens in Chapter Four. Brett hovering around Eva, Gideon nearby and powerless to do anything about it, and Cary thrown into the mix to boot, probably pro-Brett-anti-Gideon at that moment.

Oooooooo that scene could be a lot of fun. Especially because Gideon will deserve every last pang of raging jealousy and possessiveness he'd be feeling. Yet another unintended consequence of his miserably-failed handling of Eva when he had distanced Eva and started taking Corrine out again for all the world to see.

Now Gideon is painted into a corner where he is powerless to declare to the world he and Eva are a couple very much in love with one another. What's worse, Gideon's public rejection of Eva in favor of Corrine fooled Brett into thinking Eva is very much available, and Brett doesn't really have to worry about Gideon anymore.

I can't wait to read what happens in Chapter Four. Brett hovering around Eva, Gideon nearby and powerless to do anything about it, and Cary thrown into the mix to boot, probably pro-Brett-anti-Gideon at that moment.

Oooooooo that scene could be a lot of fun. Especially because Gideon will deserve every last pang of raging jealousy and possessiveness he'd be feeling. Yet another unintended consequence of his miserably-failed handling of Eva when he had distanced Eva and started taking Corrine out again for all the world to see.

Now Gideon is painted into a corner where he is powerless to declare to the world he and Eva are a couple very much in love with one another. What's worse, Gideon's public rejection of Eva in favor of Corrine fooled Brett into thinking Eva is very much available, and Brett doesn't really have to worry about Gideon anymore.

Not that Eva would take Brett back -- there's zero chance of that happening. In fact, there's zero chance of even another kiss.

But Gideon's nagging insecurities (Eva can have any man she wants, so Gideon cannot understand why Eva wants him) will be running rampant. Plus Gideon would have the real fear of knowing the truth - Eva does still find Brett sexually attractive. Doesn't matter that Eva once again is in a sexual relationship with Gideon. He was Eva's boyfriend when she'd gone ahead anyway, weeks ago, to act on physical desire for Brett.

Gideon had begged Eva "trust me" when the whole awful plot to kill Nathan was set in motion. Now Gideon is forced into the position of having to "trust" Eva in return -- and Gideon doesn't do trust well. His own biggest issue is very serious trust problems, the consequence of his mother failing to trust him over the "professionals" who got her to believe Gideon's sex abuse claims were a lie. That shattered young Gideon's ability to trust people he loved. As a grown man, he still struggles with that.

Yes I can't wait for this chapter either although I do wonder how Brett will be discarded at the end of this "game" like Corinne...

Yes I can't wait for this chapter either although I do wonder how Brett will be discarded at the end of this "game" like Corinne...

Eva already "discarded" Brett, gently and honestly when they had lunch together, turning him down when he asked her for another shot. He just wouldn't take "no" for her final answer then. Why would he? She'd kissed him. She's taken him out to lunch. And it was 100% clear at the time her relationship with Gideon was on the rocks (which it actually was -- all Gideon's fault.)

Brett's not desperate like Corrine, who has tried everything humanly possible to get Gideon back and who obviously is clinging to delusions she actually succeeded in getting him. Brett, I believe, is going to try his best shot as winning Eva, and he'll fight fair doing so. Once he figures out his efforts failed, he'll bow out gracefully.

Oh I know LN, it is going to be sooooo good reading chapter 4, 26 days and counting, oh it is taking forever now especially after reading chapter 1 and part of chapter 2.

I think Gideon in chapter 4 is going to get a taste of his own medicine but I also think Eva is going to cringe knowing that Gideon is going to see Brett hovering all over her and nothing she can do either to be with Gideon but I think she will be pleasant to Ireland and that way maybe able to have a conversation with Gideon and Cary may be aware that the two are sneaking around, I think by then she would have to tell him something.  I think Cary and Ireland may become good friends which I think would be good especially for Ireland to have an escape from her mother and see other people :)

As far as Brett goes, Eva is guilty of sending the guy mixed signals. And yes, she did "use" him very briefly to get even with Gideon. It was pure nasty impulse she took Brett to lunch. He'd gotten lucky by showing up at the right time -- right when she was furious about having just found out Gideon took Corrine out behind her (Eva's) back the night before.

By contrast, Gideon is guilty of weeks of coldly using Corrine. In Chapter One of Entwined, Eva recognizes what Gideon did to she herself (Eva). " .... emotionally, my love had been used against me with meticulous precision."  Gideon did (still is as Entwined opens) doing the exact same thing to Corrine. But far worse, because all along Gideon's plan involved throwing Corrine out of his life as soon as he was able.

Oh I know LN, it is going to be sooooo good reading chapter 4, 26 days and counting, oh it is taking forever now especially after reading chapter 1 and part of chapter 2.

I think Gideon in chapter 4 is going to get a taste of his own medicine but I also think Eva is going to cringe knowing that Gideon is going to see Brett hovering all over her and nothing she can do either to be with Gideon but I think she will be pleasant to Ireland and that way maybe able to have a conversation with Gideon and Cary may be aware that the two are sneaking around, I think by then she would have to tell him something.  I think Cary and Ireland may become good friends which I think would be good especially for Ireland to have an escape from her mother and see other people :)

Unfortunately, Cary is in all likelihood going to be thinking the worse about Gideon in Chapter Four. Because we clearly saw in Chapter One, Eva has already decided Cary cannot ever know the truth about what Gideon did -- and so Cary cannot even know that Eva and Gideon are back together. Because being back together again is part of the secret.

So based on what Gideon did earlier in the week (the week Reflected ended and Entwined started) Cary could misinterpret things as Gideon playing more awful mind games with Eva. Gideon gave Eva back her ring on Monday, and Eva came home from work terribly confused. Then Gideon showed up late at night on Wednesday to f*** Eva.

I'm afraid that early in Entwined, Cary might be furious inside, thinking something along the lines of this: 

That cold-hearted cheating coward, Cross, at least had the decency to leave Eva alone for a little while after she dumped him. But Cross just can't stand the fact Eva's showing the first signs now of starting to get over him and move on with her life. So he's playing mind games again -- giving her back that promise ring even though he's probably going to put an engagement ring on Corrine Giroux's hand soon. What's worse, two days later, he went and did the exact same thing he'd done to her (Eva) the week he went back to Corrine - treating  Eva like s*** in public but continuing to lead her on. Once again, he sneaked in to Eva's bedroom late at night to to screw Eva's brains. Used her and then threw her away the minute he walked out the door the next morning. The next day, he was back with right back with Corrine -- and that very next night, he screwed Corrine's brains out at that hotel. It almost killed Eva when she found out about that -- found out because Gideon even had the press taking pictures of him with Corrine at a party earlier that night. Cross doesn't want Eva -- but he doesn't want anyone to have Eva either. Brett Kline does want Eva, and Cross wants to try to screw that up if he can by leading Eva on again.

The night Gideon took Eva out on a date for the first time, Cary had a private talk with Gideon beforehand, a talk in which Cary, in his role as Eva's brother-in-all-but-blood, warned Gideon that if Gideon hurt Eva, Gideon would answer to him.

As far as Brett goes, Eva is guilty of sending the guy mixed signals. And yes, she did "use" him very briefly to get even with Gideon. It was pure nasty impulse she took Brett to lunch. He'd gotten lucky by showing up at the right time -- right when she was furious about having just found out Gideon took Corrine out behind her (Eva's) back the night before.

By contrast, Gideon is guilty of weeks of coldly using Corrine. In Chapter One of Entwined, Eva recognizes what Gideon did to she herself (Eva). " .... emotionally, my love had been used against me with meticulous precision."  Gideon did (still is as Entwined opens) doing the exact same thing to Corrine. But far worse, because all along Gideon's plan involved throwing Corrine out of his life as soon as he was able.

Although Eva taking Brett out to lunch gave her some closure so it was a win-win for her...

Unfortunately, Cary is in all likelihood going to be thinking the worse about Gideon in Chapter Four. Because we clearly saw in Chapter One, Eva has already decided Cary cannot ever know the truth about what Gideon did -- and so Cary cannot even know that Eva and Gideon are back together. Because being back together again is part of the secret.

So based on what Gideon did earlier in the week (the week Reflected ended and Entwined started) Cary could misinterpret things as Gideon playing more awful mind games with Eva. Gideon gave Eva back her ring on Monday, and Eva came home from work terribly confused. Then Gideon showed up late at night on Wednesday to f*** Eva.

I'm afraid that early in Entwined, Cary might be furious inside, thinking something along the lines of this: 

That cold-hearted cheating coward, Cross, at least had the decency to leave Eva alone for a little while after she dumped him. But Cross just can't stand the fact Eva's showing the first signs now of starting to get over him and move on with her life. So he's playing mind games again -- giving her back that promise ring even though he's probably going to put an engagement ring on Corrine Giroux's hand soon. What's worse, two days later, he went and did the exact same thing he'd done to her (Eva) the week he went back to Corrine - treating  Eva like s*** in public but continuing to lead her on. Once again, he sneaked in to Eva's bedroom late at night to to screw Eva's brains. Used her and then threw her away the minute he walked out the door the next morning. The next day, he was back with right back with Corrine -- and that very next night, he screwed Corrine's brains out at that hotel. It almost killed Eva when she found out about that -- found out because Gideon even had the press taking pictures of him with Corrine at a party earlier that night. Cross doesn't want Eva -- but he doesn't want anyone to have Eva either. Brett Kline does want Eva, and Cross wants to try to screw that up if he can by leading Eva on again.

The night Gideon took Eva out on a date for the first time, Cary had a private talk with Gideon beforehand, a talk in which Cary, in his role as Eva's brother-in-all-but-blood, warned Gideon that if Gideon hurt Eva, Gideon would answer to him.

Although right now, Cary is not in the physical shape to have a knock down drag out fight with Gideon even though it would make more delicious stories for the tabloids and further enhance Gideon and Eva's charade.

We readers all are on Team Gideon-Eva - always will be. But even we readers have been furious with the guy sometimes for the ways he has hurt Eva, by accident or on purpose, and most of us at one point or another have hoped Gideon would get a taste of his own medicine by being hurt in return.

It's all too easy to think that because Cary is always pulling for Eva, that Cary absolutely must be on Team Gideon-Eva. Always. But the truth of the matter is Cary is captain of Team Eva - period. He wants what's best for Eva. There are times when he has turned anti-Gideon, like the night Gideon nearly raped Eva in her own bed while in the midst of an especially bad nightmare.

As things now stand, all Cary knows is what the rest of the world knows, what Gideon made everyone, even Eva herself, believe. And that is that Gideon threw Eva onto the reject pile. He wasn't even kind about it either -- Gideon was deliberately cruel (yes, he was - and most of us are still mad at him for it!) Gideon broke Eva's heart. 

So Cary would jump at an opportunity to hurt Gideon. Unfortunately, right now there is an investigative reporter planning to expose dirt on Gideon, a reporter who knows Cary Taylor is Eva Trammell's roommate and could be a treasure trove of dirt. Which is true -- Cary knows some pretty bad stuff about Gideon. Stuff he could leak without Eva ever finding out he was the source of the leak. Because Deanna Johnson would keep his name out of it -- and everything Cary could tell her, Deanna could have found out about elsewhere.

Examples of possible other sources for dirt that in fact Cary would have been the source of:

Gideon's sexually violent nightmares?

Gideon has f****** a lot of women, many of whom ended up bitter when he was done with them. What if one or more of them somehow knew about his nightmares? Or even somehow someone broke into Dr. Petersen's patient files. Copies of that stuff would be worth huge $$$$ if the thief wanted to sell them to the highest tabloid bidder.

Gideon being cruel to Eva, whom he'd already "dumped" in the middle of an important meeting at Cross Industries (and he was deliberately cruel that time.)

There were people at that meeting who could have later gossiped. Mark most certainly wouldn't have. But what about the others? Or insiders in Gideon's office too? Maybe that redheaded receptionist who now has a secret axe to grind, fed up with the parade of women going into Gideon's office in recent weeks - Eva, Magdalene, Corrine.

Gideon being cruel to Eva, while she still was his actual girlfriend,  in front of a dinner crowd by ignoring her and instead focusing all his attention on his ex, Corrine. (This wasn't on purpose, but it still was a very rotten thing he did)

There were all kinds of witnesses present. Lots of high society people -- and those types of people know lots of reporters. Any one of a number of people could have talked to Deanna, starting with her possible evil source, Dr. Lucas.

Gideon being cold as ice to Eva, his date, in front of a dinner crowd the night of the advocacy center fundraiser. (Yet another way Gideon screwed up in front of a lot of people)

Just like the Corrine incident, there was a crowd of people who would have seen how miserable Eva was and how chilly Gideon was.)

Imagine how much damage stuff like that could do -- especially because unfortunately, it's pretty much the truth. Every one of these incidents hurt Eva badly -- even though Gideon didn't mean to hurt her in three out of the four. But he is actually guilty of publicly mistreating her through part of Reflected. Cary could jump at a chance for some payback.

We readers all are on Team Gideon-Eva - always will be. But even we readers have been furious with the guy sometimes for the ways he has hurt Eva, by accident or on purpose, and most of us at one point or another have hoped Gideon would get a taste of his own medicine by being hurt in return.

It's all too easy to think that because Cary is always pulling for Eva, that Cary absolutely must be on Team Gideon-Eva. Always. But the truth of the matter is Cary is captain of Team Eva - period. He wants what's best for Eva. There are times when he has turned anti-Gideon, like the night Gideon nearly raped Eva in her own bed while in the midst of an especially bad nightmare.

As things now stand, all Cary knows is what the rest of the world knows, what Gideon made everyone, even Eva herself, believe. And that is that Gideon threw Eva onto the reject pile. He wasn't even kind about it either -- Gideon was deliberately cruel (yes, he was - and most of us are still mad at him for it!) Gideon broke Eva's heart. 

So Cary would jump at an opportunity to hurt Gideon. Unfortunately, right now there is an investigative reporter planning to expose dirt on Gideon, a reporter who knows Cary Taylor is Eva Trammell's roommate and could be a treasure trove of dirt. Which is true -- Cary knows some pretty bad stuff about Gideon. Stuff he could leak without Eva ever finding out he was the source of the leak. Because Deanna Johnson would keep his name out of it -- and everything Cary could tell her, Deanna could have found out about elsewhere.

Examples of possible other sources for dirt that in fact Cary would have been the source of:

Gideon's sexually violent nightmares?

Gideon has f****** a lot of women, many of whom ended up bitter when he was done with them. What if one or more of them somehow knew about his nightmares? Or even somehow someone broke into Dr. Petersen's patient files. Copies of that stuff would be worth huge $$$$ if the thief wanted to sell them to the highest tabloid bidder.

Gideon being cruel to Eva, whom he'd already "dumped" in the middle of an important meeting at Cross Industries (and he was deliberately cruel that time.)

There were people at that meeting who could have later gossiped. Mark most certainly wouldn't have. But what about the others? Or insiders in Gideon's office too? Maybe that redheaded receptionist who now has a secret axe to grind, fed up with the parade of women going into Gideon's office in recent weeks - Eva, Magdalene, Corrine.

Gideon being cruel to Eva, while she still was his actual girlfriend,  in front of a dinner crowd by ignoring her and instead focusing all his attention on his ex, Corrine. (This wasn't on purpose, but it still was a very rotten thing he did)

There were all kinds of witnesses present. Lots of high society people -- and those types of people know lots of reporters. Any one of a number of people could have talked to Deanna, starting with her possible evil source, Dr. Lucas.

Gideon being cold as ice to Eva, his date, in front of a dinner crowd the night of the advocacy center fundraiser. (Yet another way Gideon screwed up in front of a lot of people)

Just like the Corrine incident, there was a crowd of people who would have seen how miserable Eva was and how chilly Gideon was.)

Imagine how much damage stuff like that could do -- especially because unfortunately, it's pretty much the truth. Every one of these incidents hurt Eva badly -- even though Gideon didn't mean to hurt her in three out of the four. But he is actually guilty of publicly mistreating her through part of Reflected. Cary could jump at a chance for some payback.

LN after reading all that I wonder why we are on team Gideon but I say again you wonder if Eva would ever have put up with any of that if she wasn't so broken it is sad in a way and cause for some thought...

I wanted bring something up and put out some feelers...One of the things that I have been most excited about with the snapshots is to see how they relate to the chapters. The first snapshot was of the front page of a newspaper with the word "Press" (I believe) written up top and a pen. We all speculated as to what it could mean and after reading the first chapter we find out that the snapshot is in reference of a reporter than came to Eva's apartment building.  It has been mentioned before that their snapshots are canned photos, meaning they were not taken for the purpose of this book, but instead are just general pictures that were found that symbolize a part of each chapter.  The fun for me will be after I have slowly (I like to make it last) read this book to go back to all of the snapshots and see how they fit in.

I think some of us are reading a little too much into each of snapshots, I admit I have been too, however after seeing the first snapshot and how it represented nothing like most of us thought it would, I think it best to take the snapshots at face value and see them for what they truly are. 

Just a thought.

I agree! Especially in regards to the snapshot showing women's shoes and pantyhose.

Snapshot 16, set of metal steps. No idea. Police station, maybe? Not a courthouse -- those buildings tend to have very grand sets of stairs, marble and granite, to show how important societal buildings they are. Police stations are, for lack of a better word, kinda grubby places, cops (and sometimes prisoners) coming and going.

Sylvia, Sylvia, Sylvia ..... you really got us all confused with that picture. My compliments on especially intriguing the lot of us.

How can we love Gideon for being so mean at times?

Because he's not the cruel, evil person Dr. Lucas thinks he is. Gideon is a loving man badly damaged by other people when he was just a boy. A man in love for the first time in his life and struggling to do something he never ever got the skill set for -- how to function in a healthy way in a relationship.

He told Eva, the day she became his girlfriend, he'd never done this (a relationship) before, and so he had a learning curve. He sure does!

As for his period of actually deliberately being cruel -- his motivations were pure (to save Eva's life). But he seriously screwed up -- and he's paying the price now. Eva doesn't trust him now, not emotionally, and he's figured that out. He's got a lot of work to do now -- work on himself, work on their relationship.

They'll get there -- eventually.

Snapshot 16, set of metal steps. No idea. Police station, maybe? Not a courthouse -- those buildings tend to have very grand sets of stairs, marble and granite, to show how important societal buildings they are. Police stations are, for lack of a better word, kinda grubby places, cops (and sometimes prisoners) coming and going.

Sylvia, Sylvia, Sylvia ..... you really got us all confused with that picture. My compliments on especially intriguing the lot of us.

I'm lead to believe a police station too.

253394_523142987720979_973017538_n.jpg

Sylvia shared this on her FB wall last night and the message said: Follow along to catch more clues...

"The countdown is well and truly on! Every image in our countdown cards is a clue to Entwined With You."

Is this suppose to be Trey and Cary kissing

2 thoughts if it is the police station: Gideon finally being arrested or Victor making a visit to the police station???