The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or maybe a school - Gideon and Eva are picking Ireland up after school.

Or maybe some school in Gideon's past:

• Columbia University -- more honesty about his history with Corrine (i.e. being forthcoming with Eva, not just telling her the bare minimum he thinks Eva should know.
  • Gideon's middle-school and high-school years - Angus used to drive Gideon to and from school. It's part of what Angus originally was hired to do. Maybe this is where we find out what Angus did to earn Gideon's trust?

Snapshot 16, set of metal steps. No idea. Police station, maybe? Not a courthouse -- those buildings tend to have very grand sets of stairs, marble and granite, to show how important societal buildings they are. Police stations are, for lack of a better word, kinda grubby places, cops (and sometimes prisoners) coming and going.

Sylvia, Sylvia, Sylvia ..... you really got us all confused with that picture. My compliments on especially intriguing the lot of us.

I looked and thought of a sporting event, but really I'm just confused.

Or maybe some school in Gideon's past:

• Columbia University -- more honesty about his history with Corrine (i.e. being forthcoming with Eva, not just telling her the bare minimum he thinks Eva should know.
  • Gideon's middle-school and high-school years - Angus used to drive Gideon to and from school. It's part of what Angus originally was hired to do. Maybe this is where we find out what Angus did to earn Gideon's trust?

Maybe he talks to her about this after a nightmare for the first time instead of running because the last snap was of the mans hand fisting the sheet...

They're definitely steps, not bleachers. They're not tall enough to be bleachers.

We've been given a tough one today. The detective shield we got had been too easy.

The bleachers at Krav Maga class are described at the end of RIY as aluminum bleachers. Maybe Eva meets up with Graves at Krav Maga again...

Examples of possible other sources for dirt that in fact Cary would have been the source of:

Gideon's sexually violent nightmares?

Gideon has f****** a lot of women, many of whom ended up bitter when he was done with them. What if one or more of them somehow knew about his nightmares? Or even somehow someone broke into Dr. Petersen's patient files. Copies of that stuff would be worth huge $$$$ if the thief wanted to sell them to the highest tabloid bidder.

Gideon being cruel to Eva, whom he'd already "dumped" in the middle of an important meeting at Cross Industries (and he was deliberately cruel that time.)

There were people at that meeting who could have later gossiped. Mark most certainly wouldn't have. But what about the others? Or insiders in Gideon's office too? Maybe that redheaded receptionist who now has a secret axe to grind, fed up with the parade of women going into Gideon's office in recent weeks - Eva, Magdalene, Corrine.

Gideon being cruel to Eva, while she still was his actual girlfriend,  in front of a dinner crowd by ignoring her and instead focusing all his attention on his ex, Corrine. (This wasn't on purpose, but it still was a very rotten thing he did)

There were all kinds of witnesses present. Lots of high society people -- and those types of people know lots of reporters. Any one of a number of people could have talked to Deanna, starting with her possible evil source, Dr. Lucas.

Gideon being cold as ice to Eva, his date, in front of a dinner crowd the night of the advocacy center fundraiser. (Yet another way Gideon screwed up in front of a lot of people)

Just like the Corrine incident, there was a crowd of people who would have seen how miserable Eva was and how chilly Gideon was.)

Imagine how much damage stuff like that could do -- especially because unfortunately, it's pretty much the truth. Every one of these incidents hurt Eva badly -- even though Gideon didn't mean to hurt her in three out of the four. But he is actually guilty of publicly mistreating her through part of Reflected. Cary could jump at a chance for some payback.

Personally I don't think Cary will be a leak because it would hurt Eva.  Even if Eva & Gideon never see each other again I don’t think Cary would play a part in hurting her.  Besides he knows the issues an abused person wrestles with.

Revealing Gideon's nightmares could only come from Eva or Cary.  We are told he never slept with any of the other women.  Regardless of how angry Eva is with Gideon, Cary knows that could backfire in some way.

I'm not sure how observant the others were in the meeting.  In all fairness Eva is an assistant and normally wouldn't attend these meetings except to take notes/minutes.  Personally I think Gideon ignored her because he knew he couldn't look at her without his true feelings of love and want showing in his eyes.  Eva & Mark didn't know that and, in my opinion, they were the only two aware of Gideon's cold treatment.

The way Gideon treated Eva at the dinners was rude and many witnesses saw it.  If this appeared in print I think they would be suspicious of Dr. Lucas because he has the biggest ax to grind.  Maybe Cary would confirm these events but this is the only story I think he would participate in. 

Of course I could be wrong.

Snapshot 16, set of metal steps. No idea. Police station, maybe? Not a courthouse -- those buildings tend to have very grand sets of stairs, marble and granite, to show how important societal buildings they are. Police stations are, for lack of a better word, kinda grubby places, cops (and sometimes prisoners) coming and going.

Sylvia, Sylvia, Sylvia ..... you really got us all confused with that picture. My compliments on especially intriguing the lot of us.

I do not have snapshot 16 on SD FB page, can you tell me where you saw it so I can have a look please :)

I agree I think Eva is going to get in a fight and use her Krav Maga skills.  Or she is going to have another meeting with Graves at her class.

I would probably think more like Graves at Krav Maga, it may even work out for Eva, she may even be able to get some information from Graves pretending she is not seeing Gideon..... just a thought, at least that way Eva would know how the police were thinking or looking 

Detective Graves ambushed Eva at the Krav Maga studio, and Graves had her spill-the-beans talk with Eva while they sat in the bleachers. A "talking to" session that ended up slipping over the line into "questioning a witness without her lawyer" session.

Oh please, is Chapter Sixteen where my big theory plays out - that Graves screwed up so badly the prosecution forever lost the ability to use certain evidence against Gideon in court. That this is how the murder case will go away -- almost guaranteed forever go away -- very quickly. So quickly that the DA's office doesn't dare even seek to indict and arrest Gideon. Drop the case in other words.

Fingers crossed for Cross!

Detective Graves ambushed Eva at the Krav Maga studio, and Graves had her spill-the-beans talk with Eva while they sat in the bleachers. A "talking to" session that ended up slipping over the line into "questioning a witness without her lawyer" session.

Oh please, is Chapter Sixteen where my big theory plays out - that Graves screwed up so badly the prosecution forever lost the ability to use certain evidence against Gideon in court. That this is how the murder case will go away -- almost guaranteed forever go away -- very quickly. So quickly that the DA's office doesn't dare even seek to indict and arrest Gideon. Drop the case in other words.

Fingers crossed for Cross!

Hi LN, someone said in one of the post that if the case is not tried they could always re-open the case. No?

Hi LN, someone said in one of the post that if the case is not tried they could always re-open the case. No?

There is no statue of limitations on murder so it could hang over Gideon if he is not tried and found not guilty... double jeopardy would apply there. Having said that they have no evidence against Gideon, plus as LN has noted before Graves has poisoned any fruit by questioning Eva without her attorney present. Graves really screwed up.

Yes, that is true. Unless and until the investigation results in an arrest, the case remains officially "unsolved"  And because there is no time limit for an unsolved murder case to expire, technically it could hang over Gideon's head the rest of his life. The only way to permanently settle the matter one way or another would be a trial.

BUT ....

The prosecution has the whole burden of winning the trial. If there's little or no chance they could win -- because they don't have enough sure-fire evidence to convince a jury -- then it's just as likely the prosecution would drop the case instead of arresting Gideon and taking him to trial. The risk of bringing him to trial with insufficient evidence is too great, because if the prosecution loses, it's OH-VER forever.

If Gideon were put on trial and found not guilty by the jury, then yes, the case would be over forever. The U.S. Constitution forbids what's known as "double jeopardy." The government cannot keep charging a person with the same crime over and over and over again -- not if that person is brought to trial and the government (the prosecution) loses. If the defense loses, the defense can appeal. The prosecution cannot appeal if it loses the trial. The notorious OJ Simpson murder case is a prime example. The prosecution lost the trial -- the jury came back with "not guilty" verdicts to the murder charges. So OJ cannot ever again be charged with those two murders.

There is no statue of limitations on murder so it could hang over Gideon if he is not tried and found not guilty... double jeopardy would apply there. Having said that they have no evidence against Gideon, plus as LN has noted before Graves has poisoned any fruit by questioning Eva without her attorney present. Graves really screwed up.

Thanks Kirsten, in that case I hope Gideon goes to court that way he and Eva wouldn't have to worry about it ever again.