The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but is it payback time for Eva? Does she need him to feel some of her hurt too.I can't see her being vindictive like that. She knows the pain that Gideon is/ was going through, while they were apart. Although his actions were wrong, he thought they were the right ones. He made that quite clear in chapter one. Also, the ordeal is still not over. The song will give her closure from Brett. It will make her realise that , although he was immature, he did have feelings for her, he didn't regard her as a sl*t. It will improve her self esteem and self respect knowing that. Bye Brett. :)

I have to agree Julie. At this stage of the game, I can't see Eva even entertaining a fleeting thought about Brett. While this whole situation is so screwed up, Eva knows without a doubt she loves Gideon, and while she might now have understood or liked the way he went about thing ultimately he was trying to protect her in a way that nobody ever had. She knows Gideon loves only her.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree Julie. At this stage of the game, I can't see Eva even entertaining a fleeting thought about Brett. While this whole situation is so screwed up, Eva knows without a doubt she loves Gideon, and while she might now have understood or liked the way he went about thing ultimately he was trying to protect her in a way that nobody ever had. She knows Gideon loves only her.

Whereas Gideon firmly believes Eva can have any man she wants, and he's probably convinced she'll abandon him. Abandon him over his dark sexual past. Abandon him as being violent enough to commit cold-blooded murder. Abandon him because he's destroyed her trust in him.

Two out of three. He's wise enough to know that his deliberately hurting Eva by pushing her away has terrible consequences now. Eva isn't afraid he'll physically harm her, but Eva now fears he could mentally/emotionally harm her again. He committed emotional violence. Can she ever live with that -- or will it leave her so afraid of him that ultimately, she'll leave.

Whereas Gideon firmly believes Eva can have any man she wants, and he's probably convinced she'll abandon him. Abandon him over his dark sexual past. Abandon him as being violent enough to commit cold-blooded murder. Abandon him because he's destroyed her trust in him.

Two out of three. He's wise enough to know that his deliberately hurting Eva by pushing her away has terrible consequences now. Eva isn't afraid he'll physically harm her, but Eva now fears he could mentally/emotionally harm her again. He committed emotional violence. Can she ever live with that -- or will it leave her so afraid of him that ultimately, she'll leave.

But surely this works the other way round too.

Eva has on occassion wondered why he chose her, when he can have the pick of the bevy of socialites, perfect women, none with her sort of history.

She didn't abandon him when he had his nightmares, she walked out once because he lied, she knows his dark secret. Yes he hurt her emotionally, using her love against her, I don't think for one minute he would do it again, because it crucified him doing it. He was living the nightmare too.

Yes he has to repair her trust issues, perhaps by placing his trust in her totally.

She admitted to herself, she was just as twisted as him, when it came to Nathan's murder. She was glad he did it.

Both of them have insecurities that need addressing for them to move forward. They are mirror images of each other.

You know LN I feel like emotional is worse. I know Gideon has asked for room to screw up, but this was really just on a whole new level. I can understand Eva being wary, but ultimately she will be able to look at this from Gideon's POV and know that he came from a place of love with all of this. Don't you think?

But surely this works the other way round too.

Eva has on occassion wondered why he chose her, when he can have the pick of the bevy of socialites, perfect women, none with her sort of history.

She didn't abandon him when he had his nightmares, she walked out once because he lied, she knows his dark secret. Yes he hurt her emotionally, using her love against her, I don't think for one minute he would do it again, because it crucified him doing it. He was living the nightmare too.

Yes he has to repair her trust issues, perhaps by placing his trust in her totally.

She admitted to herself, she was just as twisted as him, when it came to Nathan's murder. She was glad he did it.

Both of them have insecurities that need addressing for them to move forward. They are mirror images of each other.

Hence the appropriate Reflected title Julie. :)

You know LN I feel like emotional is worse. I know Gideon has asked for room to screw up, but this was really just on a whole new level. I can understand Eva being wary, but ultimately she will be able to look at this from Gideon's POV and know that he came from a place of love with all of this. Don't you think?

She knows now Gideon loves her, has loved her all along. She knows he risked everything to save her. All along she's known he would never deliberately physically harm her.

But she knows he deliberately emotionally harmed her. There's a difference between forgive and forget. She's forgiven him for pushing her away, and she's decided to go back to him. But she's smart enough to not let what happened simply slide, now that she's seen that manipulative side of him. She's smart enough to not simply trust it could never happen again.

Gideon is going to have to work harder than he's ever worked for anything else to earn back her trust. He'd been begging her, while in the midst of hurting her, to "trust" him. I think now he realizes that in fact he destroyed her trust.

In the meantime, New Eva isn't ever going to put up with his control-freak attempts to micromanage her ever again. She's not going to enable his dysfunctional behavior in that department any more. This is a very good thing, I think that will make it possible for them to work out long term. 

Regarding Gideon/Eva/Brett issues. I believe Eva is very aware of how her actions can hurt others (thanks to Dr. Travis's therapy).  She loves Gideon and she won't lead Brett on.  With regards to the question can a song change the way you feel?  I think Eva answered that question already when she told Cary it's better than a song titles "Tapped That". 

She knows now Gideon loves her, has loved her all along. She knows he risked everything to save her. All along she's known he would never deliberately physically harm her.

But she knows he deliberately emotionally harmed her. There's a difference between forgive and forget. She's forgiven him for pushing her away, and she's decided to go back to him. But she's smart enough to not let what happened simply slide, now that she's seen that manipulative side of him. She's smart enough to not simply trust it could never happen again.

Gideon is going to have to work harder than he's ever worked for anything else to earn back her trust. He'd been begging her, while in the midst of hurting her, to "trust" him. I think now he realizes that in fact he destroyed her trust.

In the meantime, New Eva isn't ever going to put up with his control-freak attempts to micromanage her ever again. She's not going to enable his dysfunctional behavior in that department any more. This is a very good thing, I think that will make it possible for them to work out long term. 

I agree that Eva is going to start to set some guidelines for their relationship and Gideon is going to work hard to follow them because he sees that his way was not good for their relationship.

Hello, ladies

I realize there's a yoyo pattern in every other chapter throughout the book. As I already mentioned on One Chapter A Day Re-Read thread, there'll be 11 conflicts and resolutions in BTY. However, Sylvia cleverly blurred the pattern in RIY. I'm guessing the originally 20 chapter manuscript was greatly edited and deleted, leaving just enough pieces of paragraph to be inserted in its published final chapter [please correct me if I'm wrong, Sylvia *wink*] Delayed gratification, indeed.

Friday - which means we're getting a snapshot today, probably at 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time based on when all the other ones thus far have hit the Internet.

Today will be a glimpse into Chapter 16. Recap of the snapshots of chapters 1-15:

1. The word "Press" over a fuzzy shot of a newspaper page, and a fancy pen in the foreground. (And now we know this meant the new character, Deanna Johnson, a reporter out to hurt Gideon by digging up dirt from his dark past.)

2. Unwrapped Christmas present boxes

3. The word "Business" next to a cup of coffee

4. A microphone on a stand

5. A pile of neatly-folded white terrycloth towels, wrapped in a red ribbon.

6. A bathtub in a modern-style bathroom

7. An open bottle of red wine, nearly full, and in front of it, one wine glass holding some wine. Near it is a small vase holding four red roses.

8. Two different types of pills in blister packs plus a bottle of some sort of liquid medication. The meds are on a glass coffee table in front of a white couch.

9. Fuzzy shot of a crowded dance floor. One woman in the center of the shot is in semi-focus.

10. A diamond and gold women's watch.

11. An Aston Martin sports car

12. * NEW - A vase of white roses with a card that says "Happy" (can't see what) and signed xoxoxoxo. This was newly-substituted yesterday (Thursday) from the original shot, of an elevator bank.

13. Pieces of women's clothing scattered at the foot of a bed.

14. An NYPD detective shield (badge).

15. A man's hand grasping a bed sheet

When I read the first chapter of EWY, I recognize that the yoyo pattern still exists. Just like in BTY, I'm introduced to the conflict right from the start. And it's clear now that the pen shown in snapshot #1 can both apply to the reporter and the penitentiary. That's why I give name to the conflict as "The Lurking PEN" (I posted this on EWY-Chapter One thread).

Served as resolution, I'm sure Chapter 2 will focus mostly on GidEva (Gideon and Eva). Snippet #2, snapshot #2, and the sneak peek work hand in hand to portray the emotionally scorching love scene. Putting it aside, the crux of this chapter would be the trade Eva addressed in Oscar Night snippet. They reached an agreement of a solid ground in their relationship; to have each other amidst crisis. I think "Together We Can" would be suitable for this chapter.

PS: LN Cronan, you have created snapshot-based theories for EWY after I posted the yoyo pattern (the one with "The Unresolved Cerebrally Humorous Arguments" *grin*). I think it'd be great if you re-post it here. I'd love to do it for you, but I'm not that computer savvy *blushing*

You all rock!

I agree that Eva is going to start to set some guidelines for their relationship and Gideon is going to work hard to follow them because he sees that his way was not good for their relationship.

Eva's going to start demanding nothing less than rigorous honesty from him. And not for another moment is she going to continue to enable his efforts to control her (outside the bedroom, that is.)

I think at last he's finally figured out his past efforts to try to control things have ended in disaster. He definitely knows now that daring to open up to Eva is his only option now. If he tries another control stunt or if he shuts her out again, she might leave again, this time forever.

He wants to change, because he loves her. He has to change to keep her. So does she, for that matter. She shares a lot of responsibility for what's gone wrong too.

Hello, ladies

I realize there's a yoyo pattern in every other chapter throughout the book. As I already mentioned on One Chapter A Day Re-Read thread, there'll be 11 conflicts and resolutions in BTY. However, Sylvia cleverly blurred the pattern in RIY. I'm guessing the originally 20 chapter manuscript was greatly edited and deleted, leaving just enough pieces of paragraph to be inserted in its published final chapter [please correct me if I'm wrong, Sylvia *wink*] Delayed gratification, indeed.

When I read the first chapter of EWY, I recognize that the yoyo pattern still exists. Just like in BTY, I'm introduced to the conflict right from the start. And it's clear now that the pen shown in snapshot #1 can both apply to the reporter and the penitentiary. That's why I give name to the conflict as "The Lurking PEN" (I posted this on EWY-Chapter One thread).

Served as resolution, I'm sure Chapter 2 will focus mostly on GidEva (Gideon and Eva). Snippet #2, snapshot #2, and the sneak peek work hand in hand to portray the emotionally scorching love scene. Putting it aside, the crux of this chapter would be the trade Eva addressed in Oscar Night snippet. They reached an agreement of a solid ground in their relationship; to have each other amidst crisis. I think "Together We Can" would be suitable for this chapter.

PS: LN Cronan, you have created snapshot-based theories for EWY after I posted the yoyo pattern (the one with "The Unresolved Cerebrally Humorous Arguments" *grin*). I think it'd be great if you re-post it here. I'd love to do it for you, but I'm not that computer savvy *blushing*

You all rock!

It took a little digging, but I found what I posted about my Entwined theory about two weeks ago, using what snapshots we had at the time:

Caution, though - things have change a lot since then. I've added * notes on what I think has

Chapter 1: They've just entered the biggest crisis of their relationship, the revelation Gideon killed Nathan -- and they have to talk about it. * Er, actually they didn't have a full talk yet, and a vindictive reporter has shown up.

Chapter 2: By the time it's over, they've talked, decided what to do next, and have had lots of loving make-up sex. * I think I got this part right

Chapter 3: not sure -- the snapshot appears to be work related, but we know that some chapters contain multiple scenes, and some end with cliff-hangers. An example is Chapter Seven of Bared - the last sentence of that chapter is the cliff-hanger of Eva telling Gideon right to his face she doesn't want to see him anymore (because of how he treated her badly on their first date.) My guess on possible cliffhanger is Brett shows up. * Er, maybe not until Chapter 16, the Times Square bleachers snapshot.

Chapter 4: Between the snapshot and the snippet shortly before that snapshot, we know Brett, Eva and Gideon all are at some sort of Vidal Records PR event in Times Square. Perhaps the resolution here is how Eva and Gideon are publicly going to handle their ex(es) - Brett (and possibly Corrine too) for now while still seeing one another secretly. * Er, now I think this is where the reporter runs a story about Gideon going postal on Brett.

Chapters 5 & 6: The snapshots are towels (#5) and a bathtub (#6). Perhaps a bath taken together in which they talk about some of his dark childhood secrets. Gideon had been around members of his family in Times Square - maybe that's the crisis heading into Chapter 5. In Chapter 6, the newly-honest Gideon actually opens up to Eva, telling her anything she wants to know.

Chapters 7 & 8: Something to do probably with Eva now living her own public lie as a footloose, fancy free party girl, already over that Gideon Cross she'd dated for a few weeks earlier that summer. It's Gideon's turn to squirm now, karma for those weeks in Reflected where Eva endured agonies of jealousy from repeatedly seeing Gideon appearing to be intimate with Corrine.

Chapter 9 onward: haven't figured out an obvious pattern beyond what happens with Gideon and Eva getting together in the dance club, but maybe they get spotted together, despite Gideon's disguised appearance.

In the meantime, New Eva isn't ever going to put up with his control-freak attempts to micromanage her ever again. She's not going to enable his dysfunctional behavior in that department any more. This is a very good thing, I think that will make it possible for them to work out long

term.

I agree with that, well said .

He should have realised, that one minute he is saying "trust me", the next he is hurting her, leaving her emotionally confused. He was under terrible pressure, how the he*l did he cope running a business, arranging a murder, " cheating on his girlfriend, and making sure Eva was safe?

Eva is stronger now, and she won't let Gideon forget in a hurry what he did, albeit for her safety. Going down that route will never happen again for Eva.

I do, however, have a theory about Chapters 14 and 15 based on the snapshots

Entwined Chapter 14 (the detective shield) the murder case story line comes to a climax?

Entwined Chapter 15 (man's hand gripping the sheet) the full secret about Gideon's rape trauma history comes to a climax?

So maybe having dealt (finally) with the sword hanging over Gideon's head in the present, the story takes us into his dark past.

Bared Chapter 14: Gideon ended his new relationship with Eva due to his nightmares

Bared Chapter 15: Gideon won Eva back through several actions, one of which was to sign them both up for therapy

This part of the book was the make-or-break point for the new relationship, and the two of them decided to try everything they could to make it.

Reflected Chapter 14: Eva finally recognized Gideon was deliberately alienating her.

Reflected Chapter 15: What would be (for then) the last night of their relationship ended with the detectives telling her Nathan had been found dead.

This was the make-or-break point for Gideon having pushed Eva's blind trust to the limit. It was break, because the next morning, she ended their relationship.

How about this .... Snapshot 11 looks like they are in London, then 12 could be hotel there and new 12 is them celebrating !

And with luggage tags on the cover looks they do travel - of course the 2nd one appears to have 'Cross' as the name sooo maybe a secret wedding has taken place (or does take place in London) .   

We know Eva already wears a Rolex from Monica/Stanton and if the new watch is hers it would be for fancy not everyday. But definitely looks like something G would give her 

Whatever we will know all shortly :)

And previously, Andie, I did a parody of your  "The Unresolved Cerebrally Humorous Arguments pattern back when we were on Chapter 10 of Bared to You.

Now that we're all nearly done with the group re-read, I'm doing the whole rundown of having some fun with the yo-you pattern -- what happens during the even-numbered chapters.

Chapter 2: Eva Doesn't Play Hard To Get -- She IS Hard to Get

Result: Gideon's Got Blue Balls

Chapter 4: Gideon Can't Handle This Anymore

Result: He's Still Not Getting Any Yet - But He Gets Closer

Chapter 6: Gideon Finally Gets Some

Result: Gideon Can't Handle It

Chapter 8: Gideon Finally Gets A Girlfriend

Result: Gideon Doesn't Know How To Handle It

Chapter 10: Gideon Almost Loses Her

Result: Gideon's Got Issues

Chapter 12: Eva's Got A Handle On Her Darkness

Result: Gideon Fears He'll Scare Her Away

Chapter 14: Gideon Cannot Handle His Own Darkness

Result: Gideon Sends Eva Away

Chapter 16: Gideon Gets Control

Result: He Reaches A Sexual Deal

Chapter 18: Gideon Gets Some Love

Result: His Dream Comes True

Chapter 20: Gideon's Past Comes Back To Haunt

Result: Eva's Worst Nightmare

Chapter 22: Gideon Gets Eva To Listen

Result: For Now, Her Fears Are Laid To Rest 

Part of me thinks, and I've said this before, that they will marry so Eva can't testify against Gideon. Perhaps her way of taking control is for her to initiate the wedding to save Gideon from prison. Proving how much she loves him.

Yes I know its not very romantic, Gideon saved her life, she could save his.

Thy can do a romantic wedding at a later date properly.

I personally think that Eva will give it a go, afterall no one has ever really stood up for her as much as Gideon has, her mother did remove her from Nathan's clutches once she knew what was going on but at that time Eva did not have any one she could go to.  She opened up to Gideon because she trusted him and I think deep down she knows he is the only one who will look after her, listen to her and trust her.

I think she will make Gideon open up more because she will not run, she will stay by his side and the two of them will overcome all the darkness together going forward.  It will be scary for both of them as Gideon has never really had to trust anyone or to lean on anyone else for support and I think with him showing Eva what he has done for her because he loves her so much will then give him the reward of having someone whom he loves trust him and be there for him always and that will mean more to him than anything else.

Part of me thinks, and I've said this before, that they will marry so Eva can't testify against Gideon. Perhaps her way of taking control is for her to initiate the wedding to save Gideon from prison. Proving how much she loves him.

Yes I know its not very romantic, Gideon saved her life, she could save his.

Thy can do a romantic wedding at a later date properly.

It wouldn't help to marry now to keep from testifying.  As I understand the law, it doesn't cover crimes committed before the marriage occurred. 

And previously, Andie, I did a parody of your  "The Unresolved Cerebrally Humorous Arguments pattern back when we were on Chapter 10 of Bared to You.

Now that we're all nearly done with the group re-read, I'm doing the whole rundown of having some fun with the yo-you pattern -- what happens during the even-numbered chapters.

Chapter 2: Eva Doesn't Play Hard To Get -- She IS Hard to Get

Result: Gideon's Got Blue Balls

Chapter 4: Gideon Can't Handle This Anymore

Result: He's Still Not Getting Any Yet - But He Gets Closer

Chapter 6: Gideon Finally Gets Some

Result: Gideon Can't Handle It

Chapter 8: Gideon Finally Gets A Girlfriend

Result: Gideon Doesn't Know How To Handle It

Chapter 10: Gideon Almost Loses Her

Result: Gideon's Got Issues

Chapter 12: Eva's Got A Handle On Her Darkness

Result: Gideon Fears He'll Scare Her Away

Chapter 14: Gideon Cannot Handle His Own Darkness

Result: Gideon Sends Eva Away

Chapter 16: Gideon Gets Control

Result: He Reaches A Sexual Deal

Chapter 18: Gideon Gets Some Love

Result: His Dream Comes True

Chapter 20: Gideon's Past Comes Back To Haunt

Result: Eva's Worst Nightmare

Chapter 22: Gideon Gets Eva To Listen

Result: For Now, Her Fears Are Laid To Rest 

I love this :)

Entwined Chapter 14 (the detective shield) the murder case story line comes to a climax?

Entwined Chapter 15 (man's hand gripping the sheet) the full secret about Gideon's rape trauma history comes to a climax?

So maybe having dealt (finally) with the sword hanging over Gideon's head in the present, the story takes us into his dark past.

Bared Chapter 14: Gideon ended his new relationship with Eva due to his nightmares

Bared Chapter 15: Gideon won Eva back through several actions, one of which was to sign them both up for therapy

This part of the book was the make-or-break point for the new relationship, and the two of them decided to try everything they could to make it.

Reflected Chapter 14: Eva finally recognized Gideon was deliberately alienating her.

Reflected Chapter 15: What would be (for then) the last night of their relationship ended with the detectives telling her Nathan had been found dead.

This was the make-or-break point for Gideon having pushed Eva's blind trust to the limit. It was break, because the next morning, she ended their relationship.

Do you think it's possible in the EWY nightmare that he shouts out the name of his abuser??

I personally think that Eva will give it a go, afterall no one has ever really stood up for her as much as Gideon has, her mother did remove her from Nathan's clutches once she knew what was going on but at that time Eva did not have any one she could go to.  She opened up to Gideon because she trusted him and I think deep down she knows he is the only one who will look after her, listen to her and trust her.

I think she will make Gideon open up more because she will not run, she will stay by his side and the two of them will overcome all the darkness together going forward.  It will be scary for both of them as Gideon has never really had to trust anyone or to lean on anyone else for support and I think with him showing Eva what he has done for her because he loves her so much will then give him the reward of having someone whom he loves trust him and be there for him always and that will mean more to him than anything else.

And Gideon has said to her in the past"you're the greatest risk I've ever taken but the greatest reward..."

Don't you also think that Gideon may think in the back of his mind that maybe Eva would stick with him due to a sense of obligation and gratitude as opposed to romantic feelings.. I'm sure he must fear that what he has done will alter their relationship at some point in the future maybe not at this point...What do you all honk?

It wouldn't help to marry now to keep from testifying.  As I understand the law, it doesn't cover crimes committed before the marriage occurred. 

She's right about that. The marital privilege covers only crimes committed after the wedding.

Thinking this through a little more, a possible theory I have for the "crisis" in Chapter Fifteen of Entwined -- we find out the fate of Gideon's rapist. What was done to the guy -- and how much of a hand did Gideon have in it? 

This ugly truth could make Gideon's confession of having sexually used Anne Lucas for revenge look mild in comparison.