The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corinne going, going, gone...wouldn't that be nice!!!!

Now that would be fantastic. Though I would like her gone by say Chapter 2. I sure hope she doesn't appear till chapter17 if indeed it's her bowing out.

By the way, I did Google to check whether the color of the passport cover means anything special. The French one here has a Bordeaux-red front cover -- it means it is an ordinary passport.

I checked, because in the United States, a red passport cover means something other than ordinary. Red passport covers mean the bearer is overseas on U.S. government business, such as serving in the military or working for a government agency. Ordinary U.S. passport covers are usually blue (but sometimes green). Black passport covers are for diplomats -- anyone with a black passport cover is protected by diplomatic immunity, something the other sorts of passports don't entail.

I hope this does not mean that Gideon has still been forced to continue dating Corrine all the way into Chapter 17, because it's too dangerous to simply "dump her" without good reason. Corrine's husband showing up to "get her back" gives the good reason why Gideon and Corrine "break up" in a way that the cops cannot plausibly use against Gideon as evidence to prove their suspicion his relationship with Corrine had been an elaborate lie all along.

By the way, I did Google to check whether the color of the passport cover means anything special. The French one here has a Bordeaux-red front cover -- it means it is an ordinary passport.

I checked, because in the United States, a red passport cover means something other than ordinary. Red passport covers mean the bearer is overseas on U.S. government business, such as serving in the military or working for a government agency. Ordinary U.S. passport covers are usually blue (but sometimes green). Black passport covers are for diplomats -- anyone with a black passport cover is protected by diplomatic immunity, something the other sorts of passports don't entail.

Does this mean it's not Corrine's husband

I think for sure this has to do with Corrine. Maybe she is going back to France with her husband. Maybe this time she will give her marriage a real try.

I'm curious if this is the case how Gideon finally let her down or did she exit denial mode and realize that Gideon was madly in love with Eva and anyone that knew him could see it all over his face...Gideon said Giroux was crazy about her so he was probably willing to give her another chance... It will be good for everyone herself included to go back to France!!!

I hope this does not mean that Gideon has still been forced to continue dating Corrine all the way into Chapter 17, because it's too dangerous to simply "dump her" without good reason. Corrine's husband showing up to "get her back" gives the good reason why Gideon and Corrine "break up" in a way that the cops cannot plausibly use against Gideon as evidence to prove their suspicion his relationship with Corrine had been an elaborate lie all along.

Do you think Gideon might have contacted Corinnes hubby, as a way of reconciling them, to get her out of e picture?

No, no -- the cover red color showed that's an ordinary French citizen's passport. 

With United States passports, a red cover means something other than ordinary passport, which is why I checked -- lest the U.S. fans read something incorrect into the color of the passport cover. Here in the U.S., those of us who know people who work overseas, especially serving in the military, would interpret a red cover as meaning government business, not ordinary citizen. Many of us know people who bear red passport covers instead of the usual blue or green.

Do you think Gideon might have contacted Corinnes hubby, as a way of reconciling them, to get her out of e picture?

Thats a good theory and very possible. Or maybe Corrine has finally realized that she doesn't have a chance with Gideon and wants to give her marriage a real try. So she contacts her husband.

No, no -- the cover red color showed that's an ordinary French citizen's passport. 

With United States passports, a red cover means something other than ordinary passport, which is why I checked -- lest the U.S. fans read something incorrect into the color of the passport cover. Here in the U.S., those of us who know people who work overseas, especially serving in the military, would interpret a red cover as meaning government business, not ordinary citizen. Many of us know people who bear red passport covers instead of the usual blue or green.

Oh i see. I read that first post wrong. I need some more coffee, LOL!

Corrine has some dignity, so i do think that once she actually allows herself to see the truth she will bow out. Sylvia originally said she was a good person, so maybe she will get back to that. Finally allow herself to move on for real and not be this nasty manipulative person that she's become.

See page 330 of Bared to You (which happens to be in Chapter 22 - the read-a-chapter-a-day one we're on right now). In it, Gideon explained some important stuff to Eva about justifying his present-day friendship with Corrine.

Gideon felt guilty about being the cause of Corrine's marriage falling apart. He knew Corrine's husband in the past, and he liked the guy a lot. And Gideon figured out the reason the Grioux's marriage fell to pieces was her husband finally figured out Corrine wasn't in love with him, because all along she'd remained in love with Gideon.

This is the guilt that Corrine had been playing to in order to get Gideon to be an "old friend" as she (Corrine) has been going through a rough time. When Eva told him he needed to start cutting off contact with Corrine, he refused to do so, because he thought it would be cruel, given that Corrine's in crisis.

Has Gideon been in contact with Corrine's estranged husband, trying to help reconcile the pair? At least assuring Giroux that contrary to what the media is screaming about -- Gideon and Corrine Back Together Again!!!! -- fact of the matter is Gideon does not love Corrine and has no intention whatsoever of marrying her.

One other possibility -- Gideon dumped Corrine early in Entwined, then called Corrine's estranged husband to assure him that as far as he (Gideon) is concerned, he's done with Corrine period. He's "finished" business with her forever. In fact, he plans to have no more contact, period, with her. Gideon could spin it in a positive way to the husband by explaining he (Gideon) is forever out of the picture, so the way is clear for the husband to try to save his own marriage.

Maybe now that Gideon is in a solid relationship with someone else Corrine's husband feels empowered to fight for her.  Gideon told Eva that he didn't understand how Corrine's husband let her go.  Gideon said if Eva loved someone else he would rather have a part of her than nothing at all. 

One other possibility -- Gideon dumped Corrine early in Entwined, then called Corrine's estranged husband to assure him that as far as he (Gideon) is concerned, he's done with Corrine period. He's "finished" business with her forever. In fact, he plans to have no more contact, period, with her. Gideon could spin it in a positive way to the husband by explaining he (Gideon) is forever out of the picture, so the way is clear for the husband to try to save his own marriage.

I think this is a possibility because this guy seemed to be more than just an acquaintance to Gideon ;maybe they were more like friends ;maybe even that sly as a fox Corinne went out with him just to make Gideon jealous -I guess you could say it backfired LOL!!