The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Do you think Gideon had to turn in his passport? Flight risk.

If Gideon were charged, he most certainly would have to surrender his own passport as a condition of bail -- IF he even got bail. Big IF. It's very common for people charged with first degree murder to be held without bail. And Gideon would be considered the ultimate flight risk -- and not just because he owns jets. The kind of money he has would make it possible for him to hire expert criminals to sneak him out of the country and hide him somewhere for the rest of his life. So I seriously doubt any judge would take the risk of granting Gideon Cross bail, only to face the public blow back of having made a huge mistake by trusting the defense in the case. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Corrine have a French passport or a United States passport?  Did Corrine change her citizenship to France?  If we can figure out what passport she has, then maybe we can figure out who is traveling.  Her husband's would surely be a French passport.

When she married she would have had to change her name so I think she got a new passport and it would be a French one because that is where she was residing.

When she married she would have had to change her name so I think she got a new passport and it would be a French one because that is where she was residing.

As long as she retained her U.S. citizenship, she'd continue to hold a U.S. passport. She'd have to update her passport to reflect her new legal name. But her marrying a Frenchman did not mean that she automatically renounced her U.S. citizenship and had to become a citizen of France. Nor did living overseas mean she'd automatically lose her U.S. citizenship.

In fact, Giroux had the option, because he'd married an American, to go through the process of obtaining U.S. citizenship (A pretty lengthy process at that. It's not easy for foreign nationals to get U.S. citizenship, however, one of the least complicated ways to do so is by marrying an American.) 

Corrine would have needed to consciously decide, upon marrying a citizen of France, whether she wanted to keep her U.S. citizenship or renounce it in favor of becoming a French citizen. And she would have had to go through a legal process to change her citizenship.

Corinne probably has what's known as dual citizenship (she is considered at citizen of both countries)which she would be prefectly eligible for as a native born American married to Frenchman.

As long as she retained her U.S. citizenship, she'd continue to hold a U.S. passport. She'd have to update her passport to reflect her new legal name. But her marrying a Frenchman did not mean that she automatically renounced her U.S. citizenship and had to become a citizen of France. Nor did living overseas mean she'd automatically lose her U.S. citizenship.

In fact, Giroux had the option, because he'd married an American, to go through the process of obtaining U.S. citizenship (A pretty lengthy process at that. It's not easy for foreign nationals to get U.S. citizenship, however, one of the least complicated ways to do so is by marrying an American.) 

Corrine would have needed to consciously decide, upon marrying a citizen of France, whether she wanted to keep her U.S. citizenship or renounce it in favor of becoming a French citizen. And she would have had to go through a legal process to change her citizenship.

Well then if Mr.Giroux is coming to New York I hope he grabs his brunette and exits the country before he takes a liking to New York and decides to stay!!

Corinne probably has what's known as dual citizenship (she is considered at citizen of both countries)which she would be prefectly eligible for as a native born American married to Frenchman.

Dual citizenship is an option too -- good point. Different countries have different policies about allowing people to keep their United States citizenship while also becoming legal citizens of their own country. It varies.

In my own case, some of my family members have dual U.S.-Irish citizenship. These family members were all born Americans, as were their parents. However, one or more of their grandparents were Irish born, and Ireland does extend the privilege of dual-citizenship to the children and grandchildren of Irish nationals born in other countries.

In fact, I myself am eligible to get dual citizenship, because one of my grandmothers was born Irish and later emigrated to the United States, where she married and had children here. But it's not something I just simply add to my U.S. passport. I'd have to go through a bunch of hoops including gathering birth records from both nations proving where I was born, where my parents were born, and where my grandparents were born. Then I'd need to go through an Irish consulate or embassy here in the U.S. in order to be granted the Irish portion of the citizenship.

Do any of you ladies from other parts of the globe know about dual-citizenship policies in your own nations? In some cases, do your countries automatically extend dual citizenship via marriage? Via birth?

Dual citizenship is an option too -- good point. Different countries have different policies about allowing people to keep their United States citizenship while also becoming legal citizens of their own country. It varies.

In my own case, some of my family members have dual U.S.-Irish citizenship. These family members were all born Americans, as were their parents. However, one or more of their grandparents were Irish born, and Ireland does extend the privilege of dual-citizenship to the children and grandchildren of Irish nationals born in other countries.

In fact, I myself am eligible to get dual citizenship, because one of my grandmothers was born Irish and later emigrated to the United States, where she married and had children here. But it's not something I just simply add to my U.S. passport. I'd have to go through a bunch of hoops including gathering birth records from both nations proving where I was born, where my parents were born, and where my grandparents were born. Then I'd need to go through an Irish consulate or embassy here in the U.S. in order to be granted the Irish portion of the citizenship.

Do any of you ladies from other parts of the globe know about dual-citizenship policies in your own nations? In some cases, do your countries automatically extend dual citizenship via marriage? Via birth?

Very interesting LN!!

Or it could be the chapter is about Corrine... Not anyone coming from France re: her fiancé but just about Corrine in general....

I'm learning to take this snippets at face value and not read too much into things ( it's a challenge I must admit. Lol)

French passport -- Corrine going back to France? Her estranged husband is French, and she'd lived overseas after she left Gideon and married Giroux on the rebound.

I could not see the passport very well so did not know it was French.  Everyone on FB pages are asking if it is Corrine's soon to be ex hubby coming for a visit or maybe she is going back to France after her and Gideon split

Will be opening a bottle of champagne when Corrine goes :-). So looking forward to that day. Hope she doesn't make a come back in book four or five.

fingers crossed that when she goes she goes for good lol 

Here's a link to an Internet site where all of you ladies around the world can figure out what U.S. Eastern Standard Time translates into your local time. 

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

On the first row, use the drop-down box to put in U.S.A - New York, New York (which is in the Eastern time zone)

On the second row, use the drop-down box to find the name of your country and name of a major city there that you know is in your time zone.

BE SURE TO PUT THE TIME (19/ 7 P.M.) in the time box too. Otherwise, the site simply will calculate what the time is right now, not what it will be later tonight.

The site will then convert New York time to your own time.

P.S. Bookworm, I used this to figure out 7 p.m. New York time is 1 a.m. in Johannesburg

it would be midnight here in Scotland UK and past my bed time for work tomorrow, do you know if it will be anywhere else we can listen again to?

If Gideon were charged, he most certainly would have to surrender his own passport as a condition of bail -- IF he even got bail. Big IF. It's very common for people charged with first degree murder to be held without bail. And Gideon would be considered the ultimate flight risk -- and not just because he owns jets. The kind of money he has would make it possible for him to hire expert criminals to sneak him out of the country and hide him somewhere for the rest of his life. So I seriously doubt any judge would take the risk of granting Gideon Cross bail, only to face the public blow back of having made a huge mistake by trusting the defense in the case. 

But the passport in the picture is red and Gideon's would be blue.

This is true if Giroux does come to town, it makes the cover-up look very good for Gideon and Eva --all the exes making an appearance!! LOL

What if the picture of the brunette (from the 21 days to go) is Corinne trying to commit suicide and then her husband comes to town.  The woman is in a prone position.  Wouldn't that be a story for Deanna? 

What if the picture of the brunette (from the 21 days to go) is Corinne trying to commit suicide and then her husband comes to town.  The woman is in a prone position.  Wouldn't that be a story for Deanna? 

I do not think Corrine would do something like that she maybe wants to get Gideon back but I don't think she would risk her own life

I do not think Corrine would do something like that she maybe wants to get Gideon back but I don't think she would risk her own life

i agree. I don't think Corrine is that messed up. I think she fell in love with a guy who's not in love with her and that's caused her to be devious and b*****y but not suicidal. 

i agree. I don't think Corrine is that messed up. I think she fell in love with a guy who's not in love with her and that's caused her to be devious and b*****y but not suicidal. 

Well it looks like everyone is in agreement so I won't go down that path but the person does look a little depressed.  Maybe Corinne & Deanna's schemes have failed.