The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Thinking this through a little more, a possible theory I have for the "crisis" in Chapter Fifteen of Entwined -- we find out the fate of Gideon's rapist. What was done to the guy -- and how much of a hand did Gideon have in it? 

This ugly truth could make Gideon's confession of having sexually used Anne Lucas for revenge look mild in comparison.

Do you think he is alive or dead?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think he is alive or dead?

I think Gideon's rapist is still alive -- but I think Gideon had something very bad done to the guy. Maybe Gideon did it himself.

When Gideon first found out about Nathan, he swore to Eva he'd find Nathan and " .... make him wish he were dead." (Bared page 182) Gideon didn't kill Nathan for revenge -- he killed Nathan because Nathan posed mortal danger to Eva. So I can't see Gideon killing his own rapist. But I can see Gideon stone cold enacting some horrific revenge.

I think Gideon's rapist is still alive -- but I think Gideon had something very bad done to the guy. Maybe Gideon did it himself.

When Gideon first found out about Nathan, he swore to Eva he'd find Nathan and " .... make him wish he were dead." (Bared page 182) Gideon didn't kill Nathan for revenge -- he killed Nathan because Nathan posed mortal danger to Eva. So I can't see Gideon killing his own rapist. But I can see Gideon stone cold enacting some horrific revenge.

It's hard to know at what age Gideon was when the abuse stopped, because we know so little of his past. We know it started at about 10 or 11.

Something has just struck me, surely there would have been some visible evidence in his clothing, ie blood if he was being abused, or bruising. His mother should have seen. Obviously Angus noticed. Hello parents! Yes I know Lucas covered it up, but something should have been noticed to back up Gideons story.

It's hard to know at what age Gideon was when the abuse stopped, because we know so little of his past. We know it started at about 10 or 11.

Something has just struck me, surely there would have been some visible evidence in his clothing, ie blood if he was being abused, or bruising. His mother should have seen. Obviously Angus noticed. Hello parents! Yes I know Lucas covered it up, but something should have been noticed to back up Gideons story.

The Vidals obviously parent like Monica Stanton and that is somebody does it for them so they must be clueless too right??? Or do they just cover it up to avoid embarrassment?

I can't wait until it's confirmed who the abuser was.  I know we've speculated.

Has anyone else thought it could be Christopher Vidal Snr afterall Gideon is major stockholder in this company, maybe that is his payback and the house gives Gideon bad memories, maybe that is all tied in together.

Just a thought .....

The club, I think -- based on the lighting (different colors), the thickness of the glass -- and we know from the snippets that Gideon and Eva meet at one of his clubs while he's dressed incognito. BTW, I think Gideon has long practice dressing incognito in order to thwart the paparazzi from following him day and night. Mr. Control Freak allows himself to be photographed only in circumstances he can control.

Part of me thinks, and I've said this before, that they will marry so Eva can't testify against Gideon. Perhaps her way of taking control is for her to initiate the wedding to save Gideon from prison. Proving how much she loves him.

Yes I know its not very romantic, Gideon saved her life, she could save his.

Thy can do a romantic wedding at a later date properly.

I think you might be right. One of the snippets where Eva's talking about their trade she is his and he is hers and she protects whats her. Made me think they might be married.

I think you might be right. One of the snippets where Eva's talking about their trade she is his and he is hers and she protects whats her. Made me think they might be married.

The "spousal privilege" that prevents prosecutors from being able to force spouses to testify against one another does not automatically cover crimes committed before the pair got married. And in this case, it could make matters worse, by proving once and for all Gideon had every motive in the world to kill Nathan.

The case needs to go buh-bye first. My guess is that's going to happen midway through the book, with the prosecution realizing they haven't got enough evidence to get a conviction. They know Gideon did it, but they can't prove it beyond reasonable doubt to a jury. This is how, in real life, people "get away with murder."

Has anyone else thought it could be Christopher Vidal Snr afterall Gideon is major stockholder in this company, maybe that is his payback and the house gives Gideon bad memories, maybe that is all tied in together.

Just a thought .....

I think this sometimes.  Maybe his father threatened Jr. so he wouldn't confirm what was going on, however, the book seems to indicate it is the doctoral student. 

One thing I've noticed on the re-read that Gideon doesn't really hate Jr.  He said he has tried over the years he has tried to right their relationship with money, time, conversation, etc. but Jr. just won't have any of it.  Instead Jr. tries to hurt people who are close to Gideon.  I'm thinking that C.Jr is have issues dealing with what he knows happened to Gideon.  He probably didn't understand what was going on when he was 5 but now, as an adult, he has put it all together.