One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Hi Caroline628,

I too want Cary to have his financially happily ever after.  I could see Monica and Stanton stepping in to help him though, but I could only see a scenario like that playing out for a short while.  I think that eventually they would grow tired of coming to his financial rescue. 

On some level I think that Stanton will be glad when Eva gets married.  Stanton will no longer be responsible for taking care of her and will finally get to enjoy time with Monica without having to hear about Monica worrying about Eva’s safety or of Nathan rearing his ugly head etc.  Maybe for the first time Stanton may actually get Monica all to himself without the shadow of Eva being ever present.

Please don’t get me wrong, I think that Stanton is a good man who has done a lot to help, Eva, I think that he will be glad with Eva and everyone around her will allow her to become emotionally independent and allow her to make decisions for herself.  Maybe everyone will let Eva finally prove that she has grown up.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?    

Hi Gigi!

You can just call me Caroline. I had to add the 628 at the end because there's another Caroline on here.

I'm in total agreement with you. Monica & Stanton think of Cary as family but you can only come to a family member's financial rescue before you have to stop enabling them and make them financially independent. Eva never wanted to be financially dependent on Monica and Stanton and why she gives them a hard time when they shower her & Cary with gifts. I think once Cary gets back on his feet, he's going to be on his way to being financially independent in his modeling career and once he stops self sabatoging his love life, he will be happy in his life. I'm proud that Eva didn't settle and take the cushy job Stanton would've gotten her and instead took the entry level job as Mark's assistant where she is doing well and loves her job. I can see her being successful and moving up.   

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI GiGi,

I think Cary is only going to have to come to terms with his own possessivesness. It's not that easy to renounce your best friend and face the fact that you'll have to reshape your world accordingly.

Yes I really don't think it is a financial worry at all for Cary because he's been through a lot and he is a survivor no question but Eva and Cary are like brother and sister and I think it's a little unnerving for him to see her moving on romantically when he is in kind of a stagnant romantic period for himself Eva has let someone in her world and perhaps it's time for Cary to do the same..

Oh my, I left Chap. 8 behind!!!

Here is what I liked most:

1) 'You laid out your rules and I adjusted to accomodate them, but you won't make even a tiny adjustement for me. You have to meet me halfway.' Hia face as hard with frustation. 'At least give me a d***ed inch.'

2) 'Do you understan how much work and time a relationship with you is going to take?'..........  'But you are worth it, and I want you bad enough. So I guess I don't stand a chance, do I?'

3) Easy's boring.

4) 'Keep thinking these thoughts,' he said roughly, 'and you'll be late again.'

"My hands were greedy as they slid over his sweat-damp skin, stroking and kneading, searching for the spots that made him growl and moan. I scissored my legs with his and tried to roll him, but he was too heavy and too strong.

He lifted hs head and smiled at me. "It's my turn this time"

What I felt for him in that moment, seeing that smile and the heat in his eyes, was so intense it was painful. Too fast, I thought. I was falling too fast.

It is so hard just to find one or two passages. The same as its hard to read 1 chapter.

Hi Gigi!

You can just call me Caroline. I had to add the 628 at the end because there's another Caroline on here.

I'm in total agreement with you. Monica & Stanton think of Cary as family but you can only come to a family member's financial rescue before you have to stop enabling them and make them financially independent. Eva never wanted to be financially dependent on Monica and Stanton and why she gives them a hard time when they shower her & Cary with gifts. I think once Cary gets back on his feet, he's going to be on his way to being financially independent in his modeling career and once he stops self sabatoging his love life, he will be happy in his life. I'm proud that Eva didn't settle and take the cushy job Stanton would've gotten her and instead took the entry level job as Mark's assistant where she is doing well and loves her job. I can see her being successful and moving up.   

Yes I hope in the new book we get to hear more about Eva's career and how that affects Gideon since he is so controlling it will be interesting to see how he deals with her success...

God, there's so much good stuff in that scene where Eva and Gideon made love for the second time. It was so good for him, because this time he wasn't anxious. And so afterward, he was so happy.

But .....

Just hours earlier, he'd asked Eva to give him some room to screw up as he learned how to do something he'd never done before: have a real relationship like what he wanted with her. This is what he dreamed about. And only a few hours into it, he screwed up for the first time. He ought not to have taken her to his f*** pad.

And no, Corrine didn't count, because it wasn't a real loving relationship, only a dysfunctional situation that dragged on way too long.

Poor Eva. Still smarting from all those insecurities -- the buttons Magdalene had lit up on Saturday night -- started raging again. Eva felt cheap and used. Felt like just another one of Gideon's lays, the latest notch on his belt.

Thank God he knew he screwed up, went after her this time, and did the absolute right thing: take her home with him. That's where he ought to have taken her all along, because she was his girlfriend and lover, not just another sex partner. But poor Gideon -- terrified most of all of being in a situation where he would literally sleep with a woman, as in fall asleep together in the same bed, and then have a nightmare that would send a woman running away in disgust. He took an incredible risk by letting Eva stay the night.

Yes I hope in the new book we get to hear more about Eva's career and how that affects Gideon since he is so controlling it will be interesting to see how he deals with her success...

i hope that as they grow together, he will support her. He will have to learn that in relationships, there's give and take. They will both screw up at times, like they have been doing already. He realises she needs control too. I can't see her career being a problem.

I can only imagine how shocked Eva must have felt when she realized that Gideon had taken her to his 'f*** pad outfitted with everything he'd need to have a good time with the women that served that purpose in his life.'!!!!

It's a pity she left the room so hurriedly.... she could have said one thing or two to Gedeon. At least, I would.

Hi Julie54,

Is it just me or did Mark tiptoe over the professional line when he decided to talk to Eva about her personal life? I found it a little odd (I know it was well intended but it was still odd). Maybe that passage was included to give the reader insight into Marks' level of experience or inexperience when it comes to dealing with an employee. What do you think? What does everyone think?

Hi GiGi

Yes I think Mark tip toed over the professional lines there... But he also said it was Nobel of his business and part of his concern was selfish... Not wanting to lose a great assistant because she doesn't want to work in a building owned by her ex.

I think he (Mark) meant well and had good intentions, even if it wasn't the most professional boss-employee conversation.

God, there's so much good stuff in that scene where Eva and Gideon made love for the second time. It was so good for him, because this time he wasn't anxious. And so afterward, he was so happy.

But .....

Just hours earlier, he'd asked Eva to give him some room to screw up as he learned how to do something he'd never done before: have a real relationship like what he wanted with her. This is what he dreamed about. And only a few hours into it, he screwed up for the first time. He ought not to have taken her to his f*** pad.

And no, Corrine didn't count, because it wasn't a real loving relationship, only a dysfunctional situation that dragged on way too long.

Poor Eva. Still smarting from all those insecurities -- the buttons Magdalene had lit up on Saturday night -- started raging again. Eva felt cheap and used. Felt like just another one of Gideon's lays, the latest notch on his belt.

Thank God he knew he screwed up, went after her this time, and did the absolute right thing: take her home with him. That's where he ought to have taken her all along, because she was his girlfriend and lover, not just another sex partner. But poor Gideon -- terrified most of all of being in a situation where he would literally sleep with a woman, as in fall asleep together in the same bed, and then have a nightmare that would send a woman running away in disgust. He took an incredible risk by letting Eva stay the night.

You know even then Eva was generous in the fledgling relationship realizing that he had just fallen back into established patterns just asshe did by running out on him...

Hi Gigi,

I am in total agreement with you. I think Cary is worrying about his financial and his well-being now that Gideon's in the picture. In fact he jokingly brings it up to Eva when she mentions the Vegas trip in RIY - " is this where you're going to tell me you're moving in with Cross". I want Cary to be happy and be financially independent of of Eva because he can't expect him & Eva to be roommates forever or rely on someone else to help support him financially. I have a weird feeling once Eva moves in with Gideon, he will get financial support through Monica & Stanton that is if he's not seriously involved with Trey or Tatiana to the point of moving in together and/or he's not where he is successfully in his modeling career after nathan almost killed him. what do you think? what does everyone else think?

Hi Gigi,

I am in total agreement with you. I think Cary is worrying about his financial and his well-being now that Gideon's in the picture. In fact he jokingly brings it up to Eva when she mentions the Vegas trip in RIY - " is this where you're going to tell me you're moving in with Cross". I want Cary to be happy and be financially independent of of Eva because he can't expect him & Eva to be roommates forever or rely on someone else to help support him financially. I have a weird feeling once Eva moves in with Gideon, he will get financial support through Monica & Stanton that is if he's not seriously involved with Trey or Tatiana to the point of moving in together and/or he's not where he is successfully in his modeling career after nathan almost killed him. what do you think? what does everyone else think?

I think that Gideon would help Cary out it necessary. He wouldn't want Eva to feel guilty about leaving Cary high and dry. Especially since he wants Eva to be focused on him(Gideon.)

I think that Gideon would help Cary out it necessary. He wouldn't want Eva to feel guilty about leaving Cary high and dry. Especially since he wants Eva to be focused on him(Gideon.)

I'm hopeful Cary will become successful with his career. This will make him more financially independent from Eva and her parents. I'm sure they would still be there for him (as his adopted family)

I could see him in a successful relationship.... Or happily single with a few friends with benefits.

i think between Eva, Gideon, Monica and Stanton, they will make sure that Cary is made to feel part of their lives. He has been there for Eva for several years, as has she for him. To cut him loose would be cruel, but I agree he needs to take stock of his life and try standing on his own two feet.

I can only imagine how shocked Eva must have felt when she realized that Gideon had taken her to his 'f*** pad outfitted with everything he'd need to have a good time with the women that served that purpose in his life.'!!!!

It's a pity she left the room so hurriedly.... she could have said one thing or two to Gedeon. At least, I would.

It is a pity she ran -- her insecurities took over and she fell right back into her dysfunctional way of coping. In her own way, she'd just gone on her own post-sex head trip. The shoe was on the other foot. When Gideon freaked in the limo, he withdrew deep into his internal protective shell. When Eva freaked in the hotel room, she ran away.

It would have been much better if Empowered Eva, the woman she'd been on Saturday night and again on Monday noontime in his office. Eva believed (wrongly) Gideon had used her. But the difference was on Saturday night, despite feeling awful inside, she stood up to Gideon, arguing with him while they danced and then slamming him as he was in the process of ditching her to leave early.And when Eva walked into his office on Monday, she wasn't grovelling -- she started off by making it clear he was bad for her.

Both times, Gideon was really, really sorry (Saturday and Monday evening) and both times he managed to convince Eva of that. But while he had been 100% in the wrong at the fundraiser, he wasn't at the hotel. Eva handled things badly too -- handled things worse than Gideon had.

maybe that's the chapter with the snapshot of business headline and the cup of coffee?? I think he would be so proud of her being a success.

It is a pity she ran -- her insecurities took over and she fell right back into her dysfunctional way of coping. In her own way, she'd just gone on her own post-sex head trip. The shoe was on the other foot. When Gideon freaked in the limo, he withdrew deep into his internal protective shell. When Eva freaked in the hotel room, she ran away.

It would have been much better if Empowered Eva, the woman she'd been on Saturday night and again on Monday noontime in his office. Eva believed (wrongly) Gideon had used her. But the difference was on Saturday night, despite feeling awful inside, she stood up to Gideon, arguing with him while they danced and then slamming him as he was in the process of ditching her to leave early.And when Eva walked into his office on Monday, she wasn't grovelling -- she started off by making it clear he was bad for her.

Both times, Gideon was really, really sorry (Saturday and Monday evening) and both times he managed to convince Eva of that. But while he had been 100% in the wrong at the fundraiser, he wasn't at the hotel. Eva handled things badly too -- handled things worse than Gideon had.

the problem with these two , is that they never really talked to each other as such. If only they had been mind readers, things would have been a lot better for them. The communication between them was abysmal.

hi Gigi

Yes I did think Mark crossed the line, considering Gideon doesn't work for them, although he is a client. But I think his intentions were honourable. He has grown to like Eva, and was giving her a friendly warning. Her being new to New York, she wouldn't have known about Gideons reputation. Also he saw that Eva was a good worker, I'm sure he didn't want to lose her.

Agreed! I'm sure he was very worried he'd lose a great worker because of Cross's reputation once he saw Cross's attention was focused on Eva. I didn't really see it as stepping over the line but someone who cared about her as a person enough to warn her about Cross.

I wonder how happy Ireland is at home. At the Vidal party, she came across as a sullen teenager. At Eva's she changed. Was it because she was with Gideon, obviously missing her brother. I wonder if she ever thought about, why her brother was so closed off from the family. Would he have attended family get togethers, i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas, or birthdays, I very much doubt it. How sad not to know your own brother.

i think between Eva, Gideon, Monica and Stanton, they will make sure that Cary is made to feel part of their lives. He has been there for Eva for several years, as has she for him. To cut him loose would be cruel, but I agree he needs to take stock of his life and try standing on his own two feet.

I think Gideon will help Cary out with his career.  He said to Eva at the Vidal's party that whatever Cary hoped to get out of the party, he can make happen.  Being here accomplishes nothing.

I think Gideon will help Cary out with his career.  He said to Eva at the Vidal's party that whatever Cary hoped to get out of the party, he can make happen.  Being here accomplishes nothing.

gideon is the key to a lot of openings, he knows his business. I get the impression, people don't stand in his way. He is very persuasive, as Eva found out!

Gideon promised Eva he'd talk to Magdalene so that moving forward, Magdalene would not be a problem. And it worked. It was a promise Gideon could keep. Because moving forward, Magdalene never did another openly-mean thing to Eva.

Especially after Magdalene caught Gideon and Eva "in the act" by walking in on them having sex at the Vidal estate. Even before Magdalene totally threw in the towel over Corrine, Magdalene threw in the towel over Eva. As she cried to that snake, Christopher, Magdalene admitted she believed Gideon was in love with Eva. I'm certain that the "talk" Gideon had with Magdalene the Monday he found out how vicious Magdalene had been to Eva convinced Magdalene that Gideon actually was serious about his brand new girlfriend, Eva. Then with her own eyes, Magdalene saw irrefutable proof.

I'll bet though that Magdalene still clung to some tiny hope that things would burn out between Gideon and Eva so that she (Magdalene) not Eva could fill the gaping hole in Gideon's heart -- the hole Magdalene firmly believed (wrongly) that Corrine opened up when Corrine left Gideon.

But then the final blow for Magdalene came when unexpectedly and after all those years, Corrine came running back to Gideon. Magdalene wised up that she never get Gideon now. If that sex tape between her and Christopher already wasn't a deal-breaker, well now Magdalene's chances were over forever, because Gideon had his soulmate. She had that part right. What she was wrong about is who had finally filled the hole inside Gideon. It wasn't Corrine -- it never was all those years ago and it would never be.

and that's why I think Magdalene deserves to be Gideon's friend & make an appearance in the next book.  I think she and Arnoldo should be an item too in the next book! I like her now and she deserves to have someone who makes her happy and get far away from the evil clutches of Chris Jr. ever happning again : )

hi gabri,

I'm surprised she didn't say anything to him before she left because I wonder if he would've taken her to his apartment after she had a few words with him when he came out of the shower. Her actions of running away spoke volumes and really scared him. I felt bad for him.  

hi gabri,

I'm surprised she didn't say anything to him before she left because I wonder if he would've taken her to his apartment after she had a few words with him when he came out of the shower. Her actions of running away spoke volumes and really scared him. I felt bad for him.  

that was what she was taught in therapy, talk through what triggered your actions. She knew what she had to do, but she felt used and hurt.

hi gabri,

He was a basket case by the time she finally answered her cell phone. He was shaking by the time he found her, and judging from the hoarseness of his voice, practically in tears. Struggling hard to maintain his composure -- and him a celebrity standing in the middle of some public restaurant. One of the reasons he asked Eva right away to come home with him was "I can't be in public right now."(page 145)  Because he was almost losing it.

He was a basket case by the time she finally answered her cell phone. He was shaking by the time he found her, and judging from the hoarseness of his voice, practically in tears. Struggling hard to maintain his composure -- and him a celebrity standing in the middle of some public restaurant. One of the reasons he asked Eva right away to come home with him was "I can't be in public right now."(page 145) Because he was almost losing it.

i had often wondered about that comment. Explains a lot. Wasn't his cool in control self.