One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Caroline628,

I too want Cary to have his financially happily ever after.  I could see Monica and Stanton stepping in to help him though, but I could only see a scenario like that playing out for a short while.  I think that eventually they would grow tired of coming to his financial rescue. 

On some level I think that Stanton will be glad when Eva gets married.  Stanton will no longer be responsible for taking care of her and will finally get to enjoy time with Monica without having to hear about Monica worrying about Eva’s safety or of Nathan rearing his ugly head etc.  Maybe for the first time Stanton may actually get Monica all to himself without the shadow of Eva being ever present.

Please don’t get me wrong, I think that Stanton is a good man who has done a lot to help, Eva, I think that he will be glad with Eva and everyone around her will allow her to become emotionally independent and allow her to make decisions for herself.  Maybe everyone will let Eva finally prove that she has grown up.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?    

I think Monica's issues run so deep that she will never stop frantically worrying about Eva, even when she & Gideon get married.

I think once the truth surfaces about Gideon's involvement with Nathan's death (direct or indirect) it is going to frazzle her even more. Although Monica is materialistic, Eva does come first. She will be apprehensive towards Gideon because regardless of who it's been - any man that's posed a danger, or indirect danger (Parker Smith and the whole Krav-Maga situation) she will find a way to be sure that she is involved some way some how.

She's got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many emotional ties to Eva for her to let go so easily.

Another thing that's come to mind, do you think that Cary is sort of kind of not on team Gideon bc he knows where this will lead to and what may potentially happen with his relationship with Stanton and Monica? Will he still be financially funded for - lavish spa treatments, luxurious Manhattan apartment, vacations on a whim - if Eva and Gideon get married?

He was a basket case by the time she finally answered her cell phone. He was shaking by the time he found her, and judging from the hoarseness of his voice, practically in tears. Struggling hard to maintain his composure -- and him a celebrity standing in the middle of some public restaurant. One of the reasons he asked Eva right away to come home with him was "I can't be in public right now."(page 145)  Because he was almost losing it.

I love this part of the book I reread that passage all the time...yes we are addicts LOL

I think Monica's issues run so deep that she will never stop frantically worrying about Eva, even when she & Gideon get married.

I think once the truth surfaces about Gideon's involvement with Nathan's death (direct or indirect) it is going to frazzle her even more. Although Monica is materialistic, Eva does come first. She will be apprehensive towards Gideon because regardless of who it's been - any man that's posed a danger, or indirect danger (Parker Smith and the whole Krav-Maga situation) she will find a way to be sure that she is involved some way some how.

She's got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many emotional ties to Eva for her to let go so easily.

Another thing that's come to mind, do you think that Cary is sort of kind of not on team Gideon bc he knows where this will lead to and what may potentially happen with his relationship with Stanton and Monica? Will he still be financially funded for - lavish spa treatments, luxurious Manhattan apartment, vacations on a whim - if Eva and Gideon get married?

this is where Cary needs to stand on his own two feet. He loves all the trappings, that come with the Eva package. Yes they are very close, but it could be the other way round, Cary in a stable relationship. Would Eva stand in his way? I think not. He needs to grow up, and make his mark in the world!

Cary IS family and will be treated as such of that I have no doubt...even Victor loves him; he just has to love himself and he'll be fine!

this is where Cary needs to stand on his own two feet. He loves all the trappings, that come with the Eva package. Yes they are very close, but it could be the other way round, Cary in a stable relationship. Would Eva stand in his way? I think not. He needs to grow up, and make his mark in the world!

I completely agree!! Time to cut the cord.

There is so much emotional dependency on Eva -- Cary, Monica, Gideon, Mark!!

To one another, Eva and Cary are the brother-sister that neither one of them had. And Monica and Stanton are the good parents he never had. He's family by choice, which is every bit as meaningful as family by blood.

What little we know of Cary's birth mother isn't good. At the very least, she was neglectful. It's possible he himself was abused by others because she failed to protect him. When Eva met him in group therapy, he had sexual issues of his own. We just don't know too many details yet. But then again, a lot of Gideon's stuff is still hidden too.

That said ..... Cary just like Eva sometimes cross over into unhealthy behavior by "enabling" Monica. Her obsession with protecting Eva -- so bad that Dr. Petersen is treating her specifically for it -- makes her do things like rent them their expensive apartment (because it's "safe".)

Eva accused Stanton of actually enabling her mother in a way that keeps Monica sick. What Eva (and Cary) both need to recognize that they're sometimes guilty of doing the exact same thing.

To one another, Eva and Cary are the brother-sister that neither one of them had. And Monica and Stanton are the good parents he never had. He's family by choice, which is every bit as meaningful as family by blood.

What little we know of Cary's birth mother isn't good. At the very least, she was neglectful. It's possible he himself was abused by others because she failed to protect him. When Eva met him in group therapy, he had sexual issues of his own. We just don't know too many details yet. But then again, a lot of Gideon's stuff is still hidden too.

That said ..... Cary just like Eva sometimes cross over into unhealthy behavior by "enabling" Monica. Her obsession with protecting Eva -- so bad that Dr. Petersen is treating her specifically for it -- makes her do things like rent them their expensive apartment (because it's "safe".)I think Freud would have a nervous breakdown dealing with this lot!!! Lol

Eva accused Stanton of actually enabling her mother in a way that keeps Monica sick. What Eva (and Cary) both need to recognize that they're sometimes guilty of doing the exact same thing.

That said ..... Cary just like Eva sometimes cross over into unhealthy behavior by "enabling" Monica. Her obsession with protecting Eva -- so bad that Dr. Petersen is treating her specifically for it -- makes her do things like rent them their expensive apartment (because it's "safe".)I think Freud would have a nervous breakdown, dealing with this lot!! Lol

HI JULY!

I believe Eva will be much too busy to live her life with Gedeon to bother about standing in Cary's way. Although she is bound to be less of a constant, reassuring presence in Cary's life, I like to think she will always have a special place for Cary in her heart (but, please, don't tell Gedeon!!!!).

I think Monica and Stanton won't stop supporting Cary's career, for he's got such a strong bond with Eva that it would seem cruel not to back him up in his working life; moreover, he might even provide them with useful pieces of information about what's going on in their daughter's life..... they know too well that she can keep secrets.

What Eva is most concerned about so far is Cary's refusal of emotional commitment.... but as her relationship with Gedeon sets an example for Cary to look up to, let's hope he stops 'experimenting' and finds the courage to be happy in a functional relationship!

HI JULY!

I believe Eva will be much too busy to live her life with Gedeon to bother about standing in Cary's way. Although she is bound to be less of a constant, reassuring presence in Cary's life, I like to think she will always have a special place for Cary in her heart (but, please, don't tell Gedeon!!!!).

I think Monica and Stanton won't stop supporting Cary's career, for he's got such a strong bond with Eva that it would seem cruel not to back him up in his working life; moreover, he might even provide them with useful pieces of information about what's going on in their daughter's life..... they know too well that she can keep secrets.

What Eva is most concerned about so far is Cary's refusal of emotional commitment.... but as her relationship with Gedeon sets an example for Cary to look up to, let's hope he stops 'experimenting' and finds the courage to be happy in a functional relationship!

Hi Gabri totally agree with all of this

That said ..... Cary just like Eva sometimes cross over into unhealthy behavior by "enabling" Monica. Her obsession with protecting Eva -- so bad that Dr. Petersen is treating her specifically for it -- makes her do things like rent them their expensive apartment (because it's "safe".)

I couldn't agree with you more about this. I really hope in either EWY or the next two books, monica, eva and cary come to this realization.

HI JULY!

I really like Cary. he is such a great friend and brother figure to Eva and he's had such a rough upbringing that he deserves a happy ending but he needs to see that he is self sabatoging his relationships. Gideon had to come to terms that Cary will always hold a special place in her heart and will always be part of her life. Whatever makes Eva happy, makes Gideon happy. He will definitely help Cary with getting the right connections to the right people who will make his career soar.    

I really like Cary. he is such a great friend and brother figure to Eva and he's had such a rough upbringing that he deserves a happy ending but he needs to see that he is self sabatoging his relationships. Gideon had to come to terms that Cary will always hold a special place in her heart and will always be part of her life. Whatever makes Eva happy, makes Gideon happy. He will definitely help Cary with getting the right connections to the right people who will make his career soar.    

Yes I believe Gideon would do anything in his power to make that happen there is no jealousy there.

HI JULY!

What Cary needs is a stable relationship. He needs to love and be loved, as do all of our characters in this book.

Ciao Gabri,

I don’t think that Cary would be “renouncing†Eva as his best friend per say, I just think that Eva is growing and changing and as such Cary has to do the same.  I still think that they will be best friends.  They just won’t be living together (hopefully Eva will be living with Gideon :)).