One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

I think that he graduated from Columbia, b/c in the early snipptes from EWY he shows up at Eva's apartment in a Columbia sweatshirt...you don't wear a college sweatshirt unless you've granduated..(at least I never did...)

My theories:

3 a.m. in connection with college = all-nighters cramming for exams and/or writing papers. Graduation means finally freedom for all that.

3 a.m. in connection with Gideon = he started to have one of his nightmares, but Eva woke him up before it went too far, and they made love for the first time in his bed. At around 3 a.m. (Also noteworthy is that they decided to trust one another by having sex without using a condom. He didn't have any in his home -- why would he -- they'd previously already had the discussion about contraception, and Gideon had already mentioned he could produce paperwork -- STD testing results -- to demonstrate he was disease free.

She picked it up in her apartment when they went there together before work, so she could get dressed and ready there. All she'd had with her when she went to Gideon's the night before were her gym clothes plus the outfit she'd worn to work the day before.)

Right on these are my thoughts exactly...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking did he graduate or leave early but thank you for clearing up the confusion. I know I wouldn't wear my college sweatshirt if I didn't graduate.

I also just confirmed this BTY Chapter 19 when Cary Eva and Gideon are eating Chinese together at her place...

okay just throwing this out and forgive me because I forgot who mentioned this in their post because I want to give them credit for it. They were talking about baggage both of them had. Originally I had thought the luggage tags on the cover of EWY would be a gift from Eva to Gideon but now I think the luggage tags symbolize the baggage they both have especially Gideon when we get more into his past. Each book cover had a picture that symbolized something: BTY: was Gideon's cuff links but they also reminded me of their rings. RIY: was the FOB Eva gave to Gideon because she wanted him to give him his own key for him to use when he came over to her house like he did with her key to his apartment. EWY: luggage tags symbolizing Gideon's baggage of killing nathan and his past. What does everyone think??

Interesting take on it...

You can easily buy those college sweatshirts or any school sweatshirts.

Hi Donnad,

true! I knew someone who said she was graduating high honors just to rub it when I told I was graduating the same week and come to find out they allowed her to walk but she she never got her degree because she failed her last class and kept failing the class until she finally passed it & then got her degree lol. 

By the way, what part of NJ are in you? I don't know if you saw my reply back when you asked me where I was in NJ.

Krav Maga can help, too. Quit giggling, ladies, I'm serious :) A popular theory her has been Eva's going to use her skills to kick some jerk's ######, with the most likely candidate being Gideon's half-brother, Christopher.

However ....

The one time Gideon attacked Eva while in a parasomnia state (it's a kind of sleepwalking) she was able to fend him off by using the defensive skills she learned in her training.

What if the real purpose of the Krav Maga is Eva's ability to fend him off if she has to can  help him be less afraid of sharing a bed with her?

Sure, he's always going to be scared on some level, but combine medication/therapy to treat the problem along with the back-up safety assurance she's not helpless .... then maybe Gideon will finally dare to share a bed, a bedroom, a home with Eva. And the very fact he can do that could, in turn, help with the underlying problem itself.

Too bad this is probably true but I really would have liked to see her use her newly honed skills on Christopher Jr it's a pity that SD says he's not going to be a major player in ETY cause I would have really loved to see that epic confrontation...

okay just throwing this out and forgive me because I forgot who mentioned this in their post because I want to give them credit for it. They were talking about baggage both of them had. Originally I had thought the luggage tags on the cover of EWY would be a gift from Eva to Gideon but now I think the luggage tags symbolize the baggage they both have especially Gideon when we get more into his past. Each book cover had a picture that symbolized something: BTY: was Gideon's cuff links but they also reminded me of their rings. RIY: was the FOB Eva gave to Gideon because she wanted him to give him his own key for him to use when he came over to her house like he did with her key to his apartment. EWY: luggage tags symbolizing Gideon's baggage of killing nathan and his past. What does everyone think??

another angle is good. The only problem with that, in the UK we have a bottle of perfume. I prefer the USA version.

I'm curious as to how this will play out. Does a condition like this ever go away with meds? I really hope they don't have to do the sleeping in separate beds.

I don't know either, but I guess it depends upon underlying causes. Parasomnia takes many different forms. For example, sleepwalking is a variety of parasomnia.

Gideon's parasomnia has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, as a contributing factor, and unfortunately, there's no "cure" for PTSD. Therapy can bring about remarkable improvements, but cannot completely erase all the scars, all the damage left by very serious trauma. At best, therapy can be a kind of reconstructive surgery of the psyche -- but that's not the same thing as restoring something to a pre-damage condition.

Too bad this is probably true but I really would have liked to see her use her newly honed skills on Christopher Jr it's a pity that SD says he's not going to be a major player in ETY cause I would have really loved to see that epic confrontation...

She did, however, hint he might be a bigger character in the fourth novel. There's hope yet that slimeball will get put in his place. He's had a thing for going after Gideon's women, but he'll have picked the wrong one to mess with - New Eva!

Wow. That's an interesting food for thought...never even thought about it that way, but that could be it. But, if that were what Sylvia was aiming for, I would think the other covers (world wide) would each carry the same symbolism. What do you think?

She did, however, hint he might be a bigger character in the fourth novel. There's hope yet that slimeball will get put in his place. He's had a thing for going after Gideon's women, but he'll have picked the wrong one to mess with - New Eva!

Do you think Christopher will some way find out about the whole Nathan debecle and try to use it against Gideon & Eva?

Wow. That's an interesting food for thought...never even thought about it that way, but that could be it. But, if that were what Sylvia was aiming for, I would think the other covers (world wide) would each carry the same symbolism. What do you think?

It was just a thought that popped in my head because whenever a book cover has a picture on it, I always wonder what's the significance that it plays in the storyline. that's true too. The world wide covers have a perfume bottle and the only thing I can think of with that is Gideon always says he loves the way she smells. We know his scent is a bodywash but it's never said if she wears any perfume or what kind of bodywash she uses. I'm an amateur at theories unlike the other ladies  on here who I consider the experts! : ) 

it could possibly happen in book 4! i really want to read about her kicking his butt!

It was just a thought that popped in my head because whenever a book cover has a picture on it, I always wonder what's the significance that it plays in the storyline. that's true too. The world wide covers have a perfume bottle and the only thing I can think of with that is Gideon always says he loves the way she smells. We know his scent is a bodywash but it's never said if she wears any perfume or what kind of bodywash she uses. I'm an amateur at theories unlike the other ladies  on here who I consider the experts! : ) 

LN Cronan did offer a good explanation when I queried this. It was to do with the marketing of the book around the globe. She explained it more in depth

Its wonderful to put it out there!!! We all have fifty million opinions on what's what when it comes to this series...that's why it's great that we can all gather here to share & learn! :)

another angle is good. The only problem with that, in the UK we have a bottle of perfume. I prefer the USA version.

I saw that. I wish I asked SD why the UK & USA covers are different. Maybe the bottle of perfume symbolizes Eva and how much he loves her & her scent that Gideon loves??

Hi Donnad,

true! I knew someone who said she was graduating high honors just to rub it when I told I was graduating the same week and come to find out they allowed her to walk but she she never got her degree because she failed her last class and kept failing the class until she finally passed it & then got her degree lol. 

By the way, what part of NJ are in you? I don't know if you saw my reply back when you asked me where I was in NJ.

Actually I live in Chester, NY - I have a friend who lives in New Brunswick - we can always meet 1/2 way

I plan on it too...what about you Caroline?

We'll try to find each other at the store and say hello

I'm not sure if I can make the Paramus booksigning. I'll definitely let you know if I'm going though. would love to meet up and say hi! what time are you thinking of getting there? I'm sure it's going to be crowded.