One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would love to sit down with these two, thrash out their issues, talk about their abuse, bang their heads together, give them some unconditional mummy love that they both missed out on,and tell them they will be ok. Job done!

I think Dr. Petersen can handle most of that, including their mother issues. But he'd probably stop short of banging his patients' heads together. 

I'm not sure that the wedding would have been that close. The reason being is that they were still in college and probably were waiting until after graduation to start the serious planning on a wedding. I know a lot of people who did longer engagements in college and got married a few years after graduation. Thoughts?

Totally agree with this jls...

OMG, this is great!!! I'll bet Sylvia is going to love this when she reads it :)

I especially like "The Unresolved Cerebrally Humorous Arguments". Hah!!! Subtitle: Gideon's Little Head Is Doing All The Thinking - And His Big Head Is Clueless"

Having fun with your clever system, I've got a few to add:

Chapter 2: Eva Doesn't Play Hard To Get -- She IS Hard to Get

Result: Gideon's Got Blue Balls

Chapter 4: Gideon Can't Handle This Anymore

Result: He's Still Not Getting Any Yet - But He Gets Closer

Chapter 6: Gideon Finally Gets Some

Result: Gideon Can't Handle It

Chapter 8: Gideon Finally Gets A Girlfriend

Result: Gideon Doesn't Know How To Handle It

Chapter 10: Gideon Almost Loses Her

Result: Gideon's Got Issues

2 thumbs up to this LN!!

Chapter Nine of Bared To You -- The Reader's Guide

This chapter covers Monday evening (day eight of the story).

Key plot developments:

• Eva and Gideon made love for the second time - and for the first time as a couple in a committed relationship. This time, the place was of Gideon's choosing - a hotel.
  • But it turned out he'd been using the hotel room as a f*** pad. Eva found out, and she fled.

New characters:

• Daniel, personal trainer at Gideon's gym (minor)

Making love again - then something goes wrong again

The key scene in this chapter is the second time that Eva and Gideon make love -- and it is the first time they do so as a real couple, now that earlier that day they'd formally started their relationship. (The love scene start on page 132 and runs through 138).

Unlike the limo, where Gideon was completely out of his comfort zone, this time they have sex in the place he's most secure - the hotel he's always used. Too, they have intercourse in the way he's most secure - him on top holding his partner down.

Not that Eva (nor we readers) knew it at the time, because details would emerge in pieces much later, but Gideon had serious hang-ups, which included a control fetish. He even controlled the location where he'd have sex. The only place he's ever had sex prior to Eva was that same hotel where he'd now taken Eva.  It's where he'd taken every prior sexual partner throughout his love life/sex life, starting with his first (Corrine) approximately a decade earlier.

All Eva knew at the time was Gideon rushed her to a nearby hotel he owned because, because at that moment, they were totally hot for one another and couldn't wait any longer to go to bed.

Once inside the room, they made passionate love, and it was very good for both of them. Afterward Gideon was relaxed and happy, a far cry from the freaked out person he'd been Saturday night.

But then, while Gideon was taking a shower, things went bad again. Eva came across stuff like sex supplies and extra changes of clothing, clear evidence the room Gideon brought her to was a place previously set up to take women -- a "f*** pad" is the phrase Eva used.

Her raging insecurities made her feel cheapened, nothing more than the latest in a long line of women Gideon had brought there for sex. So once again, lovemaking was immediately followed by a head trip -- this time it was Eva who went on one.

Immediately falling into what would turn out to be a long-standing dysfunction pattern she uses when faced with painful situations, she fled the room, pulling the first "runner" of their relationship.

What else happens in this chapter

Prior to going to the hotel, they worked out at Gideon's gym. There Eva she got a glimpse of Gideon's possessive nature. While Gideon was working out in another part of the gym, one of the personal trainers spotted Eva as someone new and started offering her excellent customer service. But Gideon, seeing the trainer buzzing around Eva, pulled rank on the poor guy (Gideon owned the gym chain) to make him back off. Gideon informed the guy Eva was his girlfriend. It was the very first time Gideon used the word to describe Eva.

Also significant -- outside on the sidewalk near the gym, he suddenly passionately kissed her in public. What she didn't know at the time was that Gideon had spotted a paparazzi photographer hanging out in the vicinity, and so Gideon made it easy for the guy to get "candid" shots.

LN ~ I don't know if you saw my previous post, so I'll say it again ~ your reader's guide on each chapter is helping me tremendously!! I'm re-reading the chapters but I'm always missing something or not understanding something. I'm also going to get the audio of the both books because I think that might help me too. Thank you so much again for taking time out of your day to do these reader's guides of each chapter. it's greatly appreciated : )

Krav Maga can help, too. Quit giggling, ladies, I'm serious :) A popular theory her has been Eva's going to use her skills to kick some jerk's ######, with the most likely candidate being Gideon's half-brother, Christopher.

However ....

The one time Gideon attacked Eva while in a parasomnia state (it's a kind of sleepwalking) she was able to fend him off by using the defensive skills she learned in her training.

What if the real purpose of the Krav Maga is Eva's ability to fend him off if she has to can  help him be less afraid of sharing a bed with her?

Sure, he's always going to be scared on some level, but combine medication/therapy to treat the problem along with the back-up safety assurance she's not helpless .... then maybe Gideon will finally dare to share a bed, a bedroom, a home with Eva. And the very fact he can do that could, in turn, help with the underlying problem itself.

true, but surely Eva would feel terrible about attacking Gideon when he is unconscious unaware of what he is doing. Also he is a big chap, she might not always be able to shift him to make contact. They could start by using single beds, yes I know not very romantic, but it's better than separate apartments.

I don't recall that either. This is all I can find. In Chapter 12, Eva is talking to Monica and says: "They need to talk to Tatianna Cherlin."

"Who's that?"

"Someone Cary's been seeing.  I think she'd get a kick out of something like this. Cary's boyfriend caught them together and she ate it up with a spoon.  She loved being the cause of the drama."

Yes this is correct there was never any mention made of a boyfriend of Tatiana's there was a blonde that Monica mentioned from the Advocacy dinner but this was not Tatiana I assumed this was the coordinator for fashion week(the busty blonde Cary had a closet romp with).

I know right? it's definitely going to created complications. We've already seen some of it in both books I'm curious as to how Sylvia will do this storyline on Cary.

Yes by the very nature of his sexuality it appears Cary will be conflicted and hopefully some way some how SD will find a resolution to Cary's conflict so he can have his HEA too!!

I know right? it's definitely going to created complications. We've already seen some of it in both books I'm curious as to how Sylvia will do this storyline on Cary.

we need someone to give us an insight into a bisexual relationship. Then we can discuss Carys life in more detail.

Yes this is correct there was never any mention made of a boyfriend of Tatiana's there was a blonde that Monica mentioned from the Advocacy dinner but this was not Tatiana I assumed this was the coordinator for fashion week(the busty blonde Cary had a closet romp with).

Yes I think the blonde at the advocacy dinner was the coordinator for fashion week that Cary sat next to and had the closet romp. I think he met Tatiana at a photo shoot. At first I  thought it was her boyfriend who beat up Cary because the person who beat Cary up said "Stay away from her".   

Yes by the very nature of his sexuality it appears Cary will be conflicted and hopefully some way some how SD will find a resolution to Cary's conflict so he can have his HEA too!!

I love Cary as much as I love Eva & Gideon and I'm so curious as to how SD will find the resolution to his conflict. Agreed Cary needs a HEA : ) 

true, but surely Eva would feel terrible about attacking Gideon when he is unconscious unaware of what he is doing. Also he is a big chap, she might not always be able to shift him to make contact. They could start by using single beds, yes I know not very romantic, but it's better than separate apartments.

At the meet & greet I went to, SD was telling us there was an actual court case of a man who had this condition and raped his wife for 12 years when asked why she never reported it, she said it's the best he's ever been in bed whenever the incident happened. I think this case was in Sweden or Switzerland.

I'm curious as to how this will play out. Does a condition like this ever go away with meds? I really hope they don't have to do the sleeping in separate beds.

At the meet & greet I went to, SD was telling us there was an actual court case of a man who had this condition and raped his wife for 12 years when asked why she never reported it, she said it's the best he's ever been in bed whenever the incident happened. I think this case was in Sweden or Switzerland.

this case was mentioned when I googled atypical sexual parasomnia. Gideon mentions this as an example to Eva. It's a very scary illness, both for the victim and patient.

I'm curious as to how this will play out. Does a condition like this ever go away with meds? I really hope they don't have to do the sleeping in separate beds.

it didn't say if it went away, meds and therapy seemed the way to go. Perhaps getting to the root of the problem may help, I don't know. Gideon needs his Eva beside him.

In chapter 10, Eva gives Gideon a picture frame of a picture of herself. When would she have had time to get it? The last time she was alone, was before she had lunch with him. Also, what does 3:00 am have to do with graduation? I can see her having a frame on hand as well as a picture of herself, but a frame that depicts such a specific time. Out of both books, this was the only thing I had a hard time believing. Is it just me?

Other than that, I loved this chapter. I thought at this point things were really starting to look up for the two of them.

Hi Ript!

no you're not alone. that also stuck out to me when I was reading that chapter.  

I think that he graduated from Columbia, b/c in the early snipptes from EWY he shows up at Eva's apartment in a Columbia sweatshirt...you don't wear a college sweatshirt unless you've granduated..(at least I never did...)

I agree I think he graduated Columbia but left to pursue his expanding business interests I took that to mean he didn't continue to pursue an MBA ...

okay just throwing this out and forgive me because I forgot who mentioned this in their post because I want to give them credit for it. They were talking about baggage both of them had. Originally I had thought the luggage tags on the cover of EWY would be a gift from Eva to Gideon but now I think the luggage tags symbolize the baggage they both have especially Gideon when we get more into his past. Each book cover had a picture that symbolized something: BTY: was Gideon's cuff links but they also reminded me of their rings. RIY: was the FOB Eva gave to Gideon because she wanted him to give him his own key for him to use when he came over to her house like he did with her key to his apartment. EWY: luggage tags symbolizing Gideon's baggage of killing nathan and his past. What does everyone think??

I agree I think he graduated Columbia but left to pursue his expanding business interests I took that to mean he didn't continue to pursue an MBA ...

I was thinking did he graduate or leave early but thank you for clearing up the confusion. I know I wouldn't wear my college sweatshirt if I didn't graduate.