One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Hi Caroline,

I agree with your position.  I think that Cary will eventually get back on his feet.  Up until Cary went into therapy, the reader was left with the impression that Cary was either prostituting himself or was forcibly being prostituted (which is horrendous).

As a result of these life experiences, I don’t think that Cary learned the basic skills of how to interact with other people within a work setting without adding a component of sexuality to it.  I am not sure if Cary would make it in a mainstream (9-5) job.  Modeling depends on a person being able to sell the consumer the product (jeans, perfumes, vodka, etc.) all while using the model’s sexuality as the vehicle.  So in that way, I think that modeling is a very good option for Cary (that and the fact that he is gorgeous).

I hope that Stanton and Monica come into the picture when Cary makes it big in his modeling career.  If Stanton has the “Midas†touch when it comes to finances, then perhaps he can help Cary invest his hard earned money and live a comfortable life.  He deserves it after all.  :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Caroline,

I agree with your position.  I think that Cary will eventually get back on his feet.  Up until Cary went into therapy, the reader was left with the impression that Cary was either prostituting himself or was forcibly being prostituted (which is horrendous).

As a result of these life experiences, I don’t think that Cary learned the basic skills of how to interact with other people within a work setting without adding a component of sexuality to it.  I am not sure if Cary would make it in a mainstream (9-5) job.  Modeling depends on a person being able to sell the consumer the product (jeans, perfumes, vodka, etc.) all while using the model’s sexuality as the vehicle.  So in that way, I think that modeling is a very good option for Cary (that and the fact that he is gorgeous).

I hope that Stanton and Monica come into the picture when Cary makes it big in his modeling career.  If Stanton has the “Midas†touch when it comes to finances, then perhaps he can help Cary invest his hard earned money and live a comfortable life.  He deserves it after all.  :)

I think that finances are a concern to the extent that he must realize on some level that he doesn’t have the skills to deal with the average 9-5 job.  When kids were out get jobs babysitting and working in the local grocery store or burger joint, Cary was busy prostituting himself.  It is unclear whether Cary was forced into prostitution (by his mother) and remained or whether at some point Cary stayed voluntarily (in order to support himself; food, rent, life expenses).  It also isn’t clear whether his mother took the money he earned from prostituting or whether he was clever and hid some of it or all of it. 

I think you also make a good point in that Cary is beginning to realize that time moves on and Eva is finding love.  I think that must make Cary realize on some level that he has to work on what is holding him back from finding love and companionship (if that is what Cary wants in his life).  Time will ultimately tell what Cary decides.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  

Hi Julie,

I suspect that Ireland may not be too happy at home, but I don’t have anything to go by other than a gut feeling.  I don’t know what Elizabeth Vidal must be like as a mother.  I dearly and sincerely hope that Elizabeth Vidal has improved her mothering skills but only time and Sylvia will tell. Let’s see if we get any answers on June 4th. 

Hi Caroline,

I hope that Stanton and Monica come into the picture when Cary makes it big in his modeling career.  If Stanton has the “Midas†touch when it comes to finances, then perhaps he can help Cary invest his hard earned money and live a comfortable life.  He deserves it after all. 

Cary would do much better in modeling then a 9-5 job. he's got the looks and as Eva pointed out in BTY, he didn't always look like this. He needs to see he's gorgeous and capable of being loved and in love with someone who treats him how he should be treated. Eva envisions him being famous and I think he is well on his way and he's got Stanton to help invest that hard earned money. Aside from the setback from being almost beaten to death by nathan, Cary was doing well landing modeling jobs..in agreement, cary deserves nothing but the best.  

Hi everyone,

I have been reading everyone’s comments about how Eva handled the f*** pad scenario.  I just wanted to throw out a quick question.  Does everyone think that Gideon would have taken Eva back to his hotel room or back to his house?

Sorry my post got cut off.   I just wanted to add the second part to this post:

If we go back and read the scenario as it played out, Eva asked Gideon not to shower because it turned her on and also asked Gideon if they could find some place close by where they could have hot sweaty s** (my  paraphrasing not Sylvia’s)?  If Eva had allowed Gideon to remain in control instead of requesting a change of plans, do you think that Gideon would have taken Eva to the hotel?  My guess is no, Gideon wouldn’t have taken Eva back to his hotel.  I think that maybe they would have had sex in the limo and hen probably gone back to Eva’s apartment.  Thus far, Gideon broke all of his rules and changed his ways for Eva.  I don’t think that he would have used his old ways to woo Eva.  What does everyone think?

I just wanted to say reading everyone's comments make me so giddy! You all pick up on stuff that I had questioned but you answered it. I love reading everyone's comments :)

Hi Smartyj55,

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself! :)

I think that finances are a concern to the extent that he must realize on some level that he doesn’t have the skills to deal with the average 9-5 job.  When kids were out get jobs babysitting and working in the local grocery store or burger joint, Cary was busy prostituting himself.  It is unclear whether Cary was forced into prostitution (by his mother) and remained or whether at some point Cary stayed voluntarily (in order to support himself; food, rent, life expenses).  It also isn’t clear whether his mother took the money he earned from prostituting or whether he was clever and hid some of it or all of it. 

I think you also make a good point in that Cary is beginning to realize that time moves on and Eva is finding love.  I think that must make Cary realize on some level that he has to work on what is holding him back from finding love and companionship (if that is what Cary wants in his life).  Time will ultimately tell what Cary decides.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  

I hope Sylvia will go a little more into Cary's past because I'm curious as to what happened in his early years. We only get bits and pieces but I'm hoping for a little more. I agree with you. Cary needs to work on companionship. He doesn't want to be with someone who wants to change him like Trey wants to which is good because if he allowed Trey to change him, Cary would be miserable.  

Hi Jenny720,

Welcome to the forum!  I haven’t seen you before so I hope you enjoy yourself.

In response to your comment, I agree that Monica won’t ever be completely comfortable with Eva or with her independence.  I don’t know how Monica would react if she found out about Gideon’s role in Nathan’s murder.  I guess that will depend on how shallow or fickle Monica is.  On one hand she could see Gideon as a man who so desperately and completely loves her daughter that he would do anything for her.

On the other hand, Monica may freak out that her daughter has now hooked up with a murderer.  If Gideon is capable of murdering one person then couldn’t he be capable of murdering her precious Eva?  Only Monica truly knows what is running through that airhead of hers and thus far she isn’t telling us. 

KiMa had brought it up in another posting, why would Monica feel comfortable in telling Stanton what happened to Eva and not Victor?  Victor is Eva’s father after all yet, Monica has never seen fit to tell the father of her child what happened?  Why?  I find it odd.  Maybe we will get answers on June 4th. 

As far as the Cary thing goes, I don’t know if he is on Team Gideon.  I know that he is on Team Eva for sure.  Thus far, Gideon has caused Eva more pain than good, so I could see why Cary would be reticent about Eva dating Gideon.  His concerns are valid. 

I also think that Cary sees that Eva is acting completely differently with Gideon than she has ever acted with any other boyfriend.  I think that Cary may feel just a twinge of guilt because in a way he is the one who encouraged Eva to start dating Gideon.   Maybe if Eva hadn’t taken Cary’s advice then she wouldn’t have been so miserable in her dating relationship with Gideon.  Who knows?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Everyone,

I asked this question earlier on in another thread, but I thought that the time may be right to ask it again:  Do you think that Tatiana is a good match for Cary?  I think that she is because she doesn’t seem judgmental about Cary’s bisexuality.  She seems to be cool with the entire thing.  What does everyone think?

I hope Sylvia will go a little more into Cary's past because I'm curious as to what happened in his early years. We only get bits and pieces but I'm hoping for a little more. I agree with you. Cary needs to work on companionship. He doesn't want to be with someone who wants to change him like Trey wants to which is good because if he allowed Trey to change him, Cary would be miserable.  

HI Caroline,

I always thought that Cary's relationship with Trey was horrible  When someone asks someone else to be something that he's not then that's a recipe for disaster!  I am sure that Trey was a nice person in his own right, but his lack of acceptance of Cary's bisexuality is not good for Cary.  Therefore that relationship would be unhealthy for both parties.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi everyone,

I have been reading everyone’s comments about how Eva handled the f*** pad scenario.  I just wanted to throw out a quick question.  Does everyone think that Gideon would have taken Eva back to his hotel room or back to his house?

Sorry my post got cut off.   I just wanted to add the second part to this post:

If we go back and read the scenario as it played out, Eva asked Gideon not to shower because it turned her on and also asked Gideon if they could find some place close by where they could have hot sweaty s** (my  paraphrasing not Sylvia’s)?  If Eva had allowed Gideon to remain in control instead of requesting a change of plans, do you think that Gideon would have taken Eva to the hotel?  My guess is no, Gideon wouldn’t have taken Eva back to his hotel.  I think that maybe they would have had sex in the limo and hen probably gone back to Eva’s apartment.  Thus far, Gideon broke all of his rules and changed his ways for Eva.  I don’t think that he would have used his old ways to woo Eva.  What does everyone think?

I'm kind of on the fence on this one because on previous posts, gideon always had sexual intercourse at the f****pad hotel that is until Eva broke him of that rule. I would like to think had she not suggested they find a place nearby that he wouldn't taker her there but rather back to her place instead.      

HI Caroline,

I always thought that Cary's relationship with Trey was horrible  When someone asks someone else to be something that he's not then that's a recipe for disaster!  I am sure that Trey was a nice person in his own right, but his lack of acceptance of Cary's bisexuality is not good for Cary.  Therefore that relationship would be unhealthy for both parties.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi,

I'm right there with you on this!! I liked Trey in the beginning but you're right he was not good for Cary because of Trey's lack of acceptance that Cary was bisexual. He expects Cary to just be gay and that's not Cary. I'm actually liking Tatiana with Cary. It seems like she doesn't to change him and she knew to dress in s****y nurse costume for him when she visited him which he liked and said she must know him well. I'm wondering if she's going to be in EWY.

I'm kind of on the fence on this one because on previous posts, gideon always had sexual intercourse at the f****pad hotel that is until Eva broke him of that rule. I would like to think had she not suggested they find a place nearby that he wouldn't taker her there but rather back to her place instead.      

Hi Caroline,

Up until Eva, Gideon was always in complete control which to me also means that he was the one who initiated s** with his partners but when Eva came along she completely blew that control all too he**.  She was the one to initiate full se**** intercourse between the two of them in the limo.  Up until then, I suspect that Gideon had something planned which would have involved Eva wearing nothing but her ankle bracelet.

Then when they were at the gym, it seems that Gideon had already formulated a plan in his head until Eva said that she was super turned on by Gideon’s sweat and I was her who suggested that they find a place nearby where they could have s**.   What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi,

I'm right there with you on this!! I liked Trey in the beginning but you're right he was not good for Cary because of Trey's lack of acceptance that Cary was bisexual. He expects Cary to just be gay and that's not Cary. I'm actually liking Tatiana with Cary. It seems like she doesn't to change him and she knew to dress in s****y nurse costume for him when she visited him which he liked and said she must know him well. I'm wondering if she's going to be in EWY.

Hi Caroline,

I hope that Tatiana is in the next book.  It seems like she is the only one out of Cary’s relationships that hasn’t judged Cary.  She seems to get that he is a “bad boy†of sorts and uses it to her advantage, thereby peaking Cary’s interest in her too.  In this situation, it seems like they are both winning.  :)

Hi everyone,

My favourite line from Chapter 9 is:

1. “I won’t be calling you at all, if you don’t put your da** credit care away!â€

In that simple statement Eva give it to our boy simple and straight up! You have got to love someone who tells it like it is. :)

Hi Caroline,

Up until Eva, Gideon was always in complete control which to me also means that he was the one who initiated s** with his partners but when Eva came along she completely blew that control all too he**.  She was the one to initiate full se**** intercourse between the two of them in the limo.  Up until then, I suspect that Gideon had something planned which would have involved Eva wearing nothing but her ankle bracelet.

Then when they were at the gym, it seems that Gideon had already formulated a plan in his head until Eva said that she was super turned on by Gideon’s sweat and I was her who suggested that they find a place nearby where they could have s**.   What do you think?  What does everyone think?

he's already been to her house so I'm sure he probably would've took her back there until Eva suggested someplace closer and that's when he thought of his f***pad as his old standby. He also didn't think of how it would effect Eva when she found all the stuff in there and saw it for what it really was to him.  

Hi everyone,

My favourite line from Chapter 9 is:

1. “I won’t be calling you at all, if you don’t put your da** credit care away!â€

In that simple statement Eva give it to our boy simple and straight up! You have got to love someone who tells it like it is. :)

Gigi

great minds think alike! I was just going to post this & you beat me to it! lol yay Eva!! : ) 

Hi Jenny720,

Welcome to the forum!  I haven’t seen you before so I hope you enjoy yourself.

In response to your comment, I agree that Monica won’t ever be completely comfortable with Eva or with her independence.  I don’t know how Monica would react if she found out about Gideon’s role in Nathan’s murder.  I guess that will depend on how shallow or fickle Monica is.  On one hand she could see Gideon as a man who so desperately and completely loves her daughter that he would do anything for her.

On the other hand, Monica may freak out that her daughter has now hooked up with a murderer.  If Gideon is capable of murdering one person then couldn’t he be capable of murdering her precious Eva?  Only Monica truly knows what is running through that airhead of hers and thus far she isn’t telling us. 

KiMa had brought it up in another posting, why would Monica feel comfortable in telling Stanton what happened to Eva and not Victor?  Victor is Eva’s father after all yet, Monica has never seen fit to tell the father of her child what happened?  Why?  I find it odd.  Maybe we will get answers on June 4th. 

As far as the Cary thing goes, I don’t know if he is on Team Gideon.  I know that he is on Team Eva for sure.  Thus far, Gideon has caused Eva more pain than good, so I could see why Cary would be reticent about Eva dating Gideon.  His concerns are valid. 

I also think that Cary sees that Eva is acting completely differently with Gideon than she has ever acted with any other boyfriend.  I think that Cary may feel just a twinge of guilt because in a way he is the one who encouraged Eva to start dating Gideon.   Maybe if Eva hadn’t taken Cary’s advice then she wouldn’t have been so miserable in her dating relationship with Gideon.  Who knows?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

~I think Monica told Stanton bc he had the funds to go back and 'tighten all the seals' on Eva's case, as eva told Gideon .

If Cary knew what Gideon did for Eva , he'll b all for them being together ! Especially if he found out that it was Nathan who beat him up. I think he'll find out somehow. The walls aren't too thick at the apartment ! Lol

he's already been to her house so I'm sure he probably would've took her back there until Eva suggested someplace closer and that's when he thought of his f***pad as his old standby. He also didn't think of how it would effect Eva when she found all the stuff in there and saw it for what it really was to him.  

Yeah, I'd like to think that Gideon wasn't planning on going to the hotel originally since they were officially bf/gf. Maybe Eva's place like you said or maybe his.

Hi Everyone,

I asked this question earlier on in another thread, but I thought that the time may be right to ask it again: Do you think that Tatiana is a good match for Cary? I think that she is because she doesn’t seem judgmental about Cary’s bisexuality. She seems to be cool with the entire thing. What does everyone think?

I'm not a Tatiana fan.

After Cary was attacked we learned from Eva that Tatiana has a jealous boyfriend who was not ok with the Cary-Tatiana hook-ups. Eva suggested to Monica the police should contact Tatiana because of the way her (Tatiana) boyfriend reacted when he learned about the hook-ups.

Eventually the Cary-Tatiana relationship is going to be explosive for Cary.

~I think Monica told Stanton bc he had the funds to go back and 'tighten all the seals' on Eva's case, as eva told Gideon .

If Cary knew what Gideon did for Eva , he'll b all for them being together ! Especially if he found out that it was Nathan who beat him up. I think he'll find out somehow. The walls aren't too thick at the apartment ! Lol

Cary would definitely be Team Gideon and lose interest immediately in Team Brett in heartbeat when he learns what Gideon did to Nathan and that it was Nathan who beat up Cary.

I'm not a Tatiana fan.

After Cary was attacked we learned from Eva that Tatiana has a jealous boyfriend who was not ok with the Cary-Tatiana hook-ups. Eva suggested to Monica the police should contact Tatiana because of the way her (Tatiana) boyfriend reacted when he learned about the hook-ups.

Eventually the Cary-Tatiana relationship is going to be explosive for Cary.

poor Cary.  I hope that doesn't end up happening to him.