One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

I can only imagine how shocked Eva must have felt when she realized that Gideon had taken her to his 'f*** pad outfitted with everything he'd need to have a good time with the women that served that purpose in his life.'!!!!

It's a pity she left the room so hurriedly.... she could have said one thing or two to Gedeon. At least, I would.

I still don't understand what happened that night. At one moment he is creating a photo op giving her a passionate kiss for the paparazzi then later in the evening when he found her in the restaurant after she ran he said they had to leave because he couldn't be seen out. That's when they went to his place.. what was he afraid

of?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand what happened that night. At one moment he is creating a photo op giving her a passionate kiss for the paparazzi then later in the evening when he found her in the restaurant after she ran he said they had to leave because he couldn't be seen out. That's when they went to his place.. what was he afraid

of?

He was so upset he didn't want to be seen in public with paparazzi always hanging around.

One of my favorite parts of chapter 10 is when Eva calls Cary to tell him she will not be home later and that she is at Gideon's place .After she gives him the down low about what happened he replies 'I'm not even sure what to say about that " and of course Eva thinks a speechless Cary Taylor speaks volumes .... So even Cary who has supposedly seen it all thinks this is quite an event.

In chapter 10, Eva gives Gideon a picture frame of a picture of herself. When would she have had time to get it? The last time she was alone, was before she had lunch with him. Also, what does 3:00 am have to do with graduation? I can see her having a frame on hand as well as a picture of herself, but a frame that depicts such a specific time. Out of both books, this was the only thing I had a hard time believing. Is it just me?

Other than that, I loved this chapter. I thought at this point things were really starting to look up for the two of them.

I had thought 3am was the time on the real clock from when Eva woke up due to Gideons nightmare.

I had a feeling she had set the display on the frame to match their extra early morning cuddle session.... To further remind Gideon of them together.

I had thought 3am was the time on the real clock from when Eva woke up due to Gideons nightmare.

I had a feeling she had set the display on the frame to match their extra early morning cuddle session.... To further remind Gideon of them together.

I understand what the time signifies, I was wondering how she was able to get a frame when she had no time to go out shopping.

I know right? it's definitely going to created complications. We've already seen some of it in both books I'm curious as to how Sylvia will do this storyline on Cary.

I guess if he was with 1 person from each gender and all 3 knew about each other they could be in a happy healthy relationship.

I understand what the time signifies, I was wondering how she was able to get a frame when she had no time to go out shopping.

I think she just had it...w/ her picture already in it in her apartment. Probably just a pic she had framed that she liked from when she and Cary were at the beach. SHe had just gradutated. Maybe?

I thought the same Peachies.

Ript I think that it had a digital display so the time could be set, but I would have to go an look at the chapter again.

I think she just had it...w/ her picture already in it in her apartment. Probably just a pic she had framed that she liked from when she and Cary were at the beach. SHe had just gradutated. Maybe?

You all are probably right. I guess It was just a coincidence that she had a frame depicting that time. Sounds good to me.

I thought the same Peachies.

Ript I think that it had a digital display so the time could be set, but I would have to go an look at the chapter again.

I didn't think that it could be a digital display that could be changed. I guess that makes sense. Thanks.

You all are probably right. I guess It was just a coincidence that she had a frame depicting that time. Sounds good to me.

Yes they were a framed photo of pictures relating to graduation that she already had ;she didn't have to purchase it.

Yes they were a framed photo of pictures relating to graduation that she already had ;she didn't have to purchase it.

Thanks. I love having this forum. So many questions I've had while reading these stories are answered and the discussions are so intriguing. I'm loving it. It makes the wait for the books so much more bearable.

Thanks. I love having this forum. So many questions I've had while reading these stories are answered and the discussions are so intriguing. I'm loving it. It makes the wait for the books so much more bearable.

It did have a digital clock face, I just looked.   

The line: "Eva," he breathed, clutching me tightly to him. "I've never....Christ you feel so good. I'm so glad your here."

I'm thinking he's never had unprotected sex before this. I always thought the comment of him trusting her was odd. I thought shouldn't she be the one trusting him. Then when I retread that passage, it clicked. He so trusts her that she is not only the first girl he's had to his home, but she's the first one he's been with not using protection.

What I understand, the USA covers are Gideon's things and the Europe covers are Eva's.

That is what I heard too. I like the theory of the luggage tags being symbolic of his "baggage". Because in my opinion if he (or they) are to travel, they'd most likey use Gideons vehicles (limo, bentley, airplane)

The line: "Eva," he breathed, clutching me tightly to him. "I've never....Christ you feel so good. I'm so glad your here."

I'm thinking he's never had unprotected sex before this. I always thought the comment of him trusting her was odd. I thought shouldn't she be the one trusting him. Then when I retread that passage, it clicked. He so trusts her that she is not only the first girl he's had to his home, but she's the first one he's been with not using protection.

Wow Ript yes this is probably true...

*thank you for your response, ladies*

Chapter 4

My Favorites

1. line: So, we'll revisit and revise (p. 48)

2. paragraph: Probably because he suspects you're not being forthcoming. I changed the subject. "I really like my new job." (p. 50)

3. scene: The moment Eva saw Gideon in dress slacks and sweater at his club.

Chapter 10

My Favorites

1. line:Thank you, Eva (p. 152)

2. paragraph: I spoke firmly, although my heart was breaking. "Gideon. You're dreaming. Come back to me." (p. 148)

3. scene: Gideon stared down at Eva's gift.

Peruse away, ladies.

hi Gigi

I like your thinking. So it's Eva's fault, Gideon took her to the hotel. Her insatiable ###### wouldn't wait. If she was that special to him, his f**k pad would have been going the way of the dodo, and done the gentlemanly thing, taking her home.

Hi Julie,

I was thinking about every time that Eva initiated s** with Gideon, somehow the entire scenario always wound up disastrous!  Eva initiated full s**ual intercourse with Gideon in the limo and although it was good at the time, it sent Gideon into a tailspin.  The next time Eva put her two cents in, it was at the health club.  Eva got impatient and was seriously turned on.  As a result, Gideon may or may not have changed his plans and he and Eva wound up the hotel (and we all know how that one turned out). What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gayle,

I don’t think that Gideon would have asked Magdalene to the charity dinner and then dump her.  It would almost seem out of character for Gideon.  Personally I think that someone else asked Magdalene to the dinner.  Maybe it was Christopher Jr. who asked her.    Who knows?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

[Hi, sscrph! Perhaps I wasn't being clear about it. I revisit and revise, then *wink*]

Ladies,

Do you realize there's a yoyo pattern in every other chapter throughout the book?

From the whole 22 chapters, there'll be 11 conflicts and resolutions for the characters, especially the main characters.

When we reach chapter 10, it's the 8th day of the story and we already got 5 conflicts and resolutions:

Chapter 1: The mystery of the Dark and Dangerous' Identity

Resolution: Identity Revealed

Chapter 3: The Unresolved Cerebrally Humorous Arguments

Resolution: The Circumvent

Chapter 5: The Soon-To-Be-Fulfilled Intimately Dark Promise

Resolution: Dark, Indeed: Postcoitus Funk

Chapter 7: The Cut Off

Resolution: The Deal: Exclusivity

Chapter 9: Excruciatingly Devalued

Resolution: Letting You In

What do you think?

Hi Andie,

I am sitting here roaring with laughter!! :)  I knew there was a reason I felt like I was sitting on a see-saw! :)   You guys are absolutely hilarious!!!  :)

"I want you" I stretched out against him, aligning my bre body to his. Pressing my face into his damp throat, I sucked gently on his salty skin. I knew from my own nightmares that being held and loved could push the specters back into the closet for a little while.

His arms came round me, his hands running up and down the curve of my spine. I felt him let go of the dream with a long, deep sigh.

This is the first glimpse Eva gets of Gideons nightmares. I love that she understands and knows how to soothe him.

I have often thought, are his dreams connected to certain times when he is stressed.? Eva pulling her runner really freaked him out.

Hi Julie, 

I like the quotes you chose.  In regards to Gideon and his nightmares, I think that this is the first time that he has ever let his guard down with someone.  I think that he felt safe enough to do so, which actually speaks volumes about Eva and how much he trusts her after having known her for such a short time.   What do you think?  What does everyone think? :) 

if someone loves both sexes, how an they ever be faithful? It's conflicting surely.

Hi Julie,

I don’t think that Cary being bisexual has anything to do with whether he would be able to remain faithful or not.  I think that Cary just likes men and women.  In the end I think it will depend on what type of relationship Cary will want for himself.  Will he want an open relationship (one where each partner has the ability to see more than one person at the same time) or will he choose a monogamous relationship (one where each person only sees the other during the course of the relationship).

I personally think that Cary started “misbehaving†after had the “discussion†with Trey.  Trey wanted Cary to be something that he’s not and I think that Cary wasn’t emotionally mature enough to let Trey go and to trust that life would bring him the right partner.   Or maybe Cary didn’t want to decide which side of the fence he wanted to sit and also didn’t have the courage to tell Trey that, so he played both sides of the fence until he got caught.  Who knows?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi everyone,

I was reading everyone’s postings and said correlations between the snapshots and the chapters.  I was just wondering, are we going to be getting any snapshots of blue balls or is there going to be some kind of specific reference or snapshot that we the readers will have to decipher from?  :)

true, but surely Eva would feel terrible about attacking Gideon when he is unconscious unaware of what he is doing. Also he is a big chap, she might not always be able to shift him to make contact. They could start by using single beds, yes I know not very romantic, but it's better than separate apartments.

Hi Julie,

I think that Gideon’s violent nightmares are a symptom of his underlying issues.  I think that as soon as he starts to deal with the trauma he suffered as a child and starts talking about what happened to him as a child, then I think that the nightmares will resolve.

I also like your suggestion of separate beds.  It seems reasonable given the circumstances.  I am not sure if Eva could continue to fend Gideon off in one of his “nightmare†states.  I think that if Eva was repeatedly force to have to defend herself against a man that she loves, it would end up draining her emotionally and ultimately the relationship wouldn’t survive.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?