Entwined With You- Chapter One

How are we figuring Victor is going to figure into all this. He was just visiting Eva and now he'll be back again. Has he gone home and immediately started to research Nathan?

He's no dummy, I bet he already started the search before he left. Like when he was researching Gideon.

My guess is he started the search in NY, didn't discover much if anything. He picks up and continues digging when he returns to Cali. He probably will end up discovering some ir all of the story. But, I think he may wait for Eva to tell him or coax her to feel comfortable enough to tell him.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a silly observation( perhaps I need to get out more) but I realised that Eva is a driver. Until the start of EWY there is never a mention of her driving.

She mention about instinctively put her foot on the brake, when in the taxi, which was moving erratically through the traffic.

Hi Julie,

you're right! I didn't catch it either.  

So no public outings? Eva can't flaunt Gideon to all those catty B words! I don't like that they have to hide. I honestly hope SY doesn't make us wait to long for next book.

I so agree with this Mrs. C. I can't wait till Eva can FLAUNT Gideon also ...I'm sure it will be killing her and us too!!! I want her to say HE'S MINE to all those bi$ches!!!

This is a little disappointing but my fear is that you are right.  I wanted some resolution in Book 3 so they can move forward as a solid couple working together.  I don't want the possibility of a charge of murder hanging over their heads for another book. 

Wow, i wasn't gone that long....but i had to read 3 pages of comments. lol

Just want to say all you ladies rock! I'm so glad i can come on here and have people who as into this story as i am!

I agree it is going to take Eva some time to emotionally trust Gideon again. However, i think they will work through this and everything else because they can't live without one another. They are truly soul mates, who need to learn how to trust one another.

me too! Everytime I take a day off from this, I feel like I miss so much! I keep trying to play catch up and read a chapter a day but I'm either behind a chapter or ahead a chapter lol. I try to get my friends to read the books so that we can talk about it but they won't read it. oh well their loss! lol glad I have all of you : )    

What's the deal with Eva taking a cab home from Gideon's. Clancy drove her from Krav Maga there. Did she tell Clancy to leave? I think she probably did -- which would have had Clancy running right to Stanton and Monica to report Eva had gone to Gideon's apartment building to see him.

As for the "talk" they never got to have on his doorstep, I think all it entailed was Eva recounting to him word for word what Graves said to her. He needed to know all of that right away, so he could immediately call his lawyers. He probably just sat there staring at the floor listening to what Eva had found out, cringing inside at just how much she'd been told. I think that as soon as she was done, she told him she was leaving because it was too dangerous for her to be there. As a cop's daughter, she knew that.

Here's what Chapter One says about how they parted:

I’d left Gideon alone because I couldn’t trust Graves’s motives. I couldn’t take the chance that she’d told me her suspicions just to see if I’d run to him and prove that his breakup with me was a well-crafted lie.

God. The riot of emotions I felt had my heart racing. Gideon needed me now –a s much as, if not more than, I needed him – yet I’d walked away.

The desolation in his eyes as the doors to his private elevator separated us had ripped me open inside.

okay this is going to sound silly but didn't she do just that? go to gideon's apartment right after she spoke to graves?? I hope she wasn't followed either but maybe that's why she took the taxi?? I'm confused too. Since we're reading BTY by chapter, I totally forgot Clancy drove her to Gideon's & didn't catch the fact that she took a taxi home. I loved reading Chapter 1 & part of chapter 2 but it was so heart wrenching with the emotions they both felt.

He will find out Eva's secret.   Whether it's in this book or #3.   SD keeps on introducing new characters - maybe she will use it on one of them but I believe it will be Chris Jr.   I was at breakfast with one of my friends and she started laughing about obsessesed I am.  Her sister in law is too.

Hi Donna,

unfortunately I won't be able to go to the paramus book signing on the 4th, but I definitely want to get together next month with you. It'll be nice to talk about this with someone who enjoys my obsession with Eva & Gideon : ) I can't even get my friends to even read the book...they're really missing out! lol 

He's no dummy, I bet he already started the search before he left. Like when he was researching Gideon.

My guess is he started the search in NY, didn't discover much if anything. He picks up and continues digging when he returns to Cali. He probably will end up discovering some ir all of the story. But, I think he may wait for Eva to tell him or coax her to feel comfortable enough to tell him.

Probably right Peachies. I think he's going to flip out.

Do you think Gideon will eventually go to jail?

Hi,

I hope not. That will be one chapter I'll be going through a box of tissues with if that ever happened. I don't even want to think about that. After reading LN's theories and everyone else's I don't think there will be enough to arrest him & don't forget Graves messed up when she talked to Eva without a lawyer and got Eva to admit she dumped Gideon on saturday after nathan was already dead.  

Hi,

I hope not. That will be one chapter I'll be going through a box of tissues with if that ever happened. I don't even want to think about that. After reading LN's theories and everyone else's I don't think there will be enough to arrest him & don't forget Graves messed up when she talked to Eva without a lawyer and got Eva to admit she dumped Gideon on saturday after nathan was already dead.  

A good lawyer could turn around Eva's admission that she dumped Gideon on Saturday.  It isn't unusual for someone to be involved with two people at the same time.  The Lawyer could say Eva finally had enough and said this is it.  I can't wait any longer for you to make a decision.  ...Or something like that.

I can't wait for Victor to come back!  agreed. he's probably already started doing the research on nathan.  it's all a matter of time before he finds everything out.

A good lawyer could turn around Eva's admission that she dumped Gideon on Saturday.  It isn't unusual for someone to be involved with two people at the same time.  The Lawyer could say Eva finally had enough and said this is it.  I can't wait any longer for you to make a decision.  ...Or something like that.

agreed. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

agreed. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

OK someone posted on one of the other threads that she talked to Sylvia at a meet and greet and Sylvia indicated that Monica was involved in the Nathan murder more than people think.   That will put a whole different twist on everything.

Lol! Yeah I can't stand her. I don't like the way she was introduced to eva. I don't like that she sat next to Gideon at that dinner while ignoring Eva. I don't care how civilized they are. I wouldn't be sitting at the same table with my boyfriend and his ex fiancé!

she was way too nice. sickenly sweet and the way she hogged all of Gideon's attention ugh I knew she was going to be trouble right from the beginning. can you tell how much I loathe corrine?? lol  

OK someone posted on one of the other threads that she talked to Sylvia at a meet and greet and Sylvia indicated that Monica was involved in the Nathan murder more than people think.   That will put a whole different twist on everything.

CAROLINE was there too Sharon.  I just asked her this question before I saw your post.

Someone else posted in another thread her husband was one of two men in the room ;)  Anyway she said she got the impression Monica played a bigger role with Nathan. Did you get that impression?

Yes.  So maybe Gideon is trying to protect Monica because he doesn't want Eva hurt by losing her mother. 

Yes.  So maybe Gideon is trying to protect Monica because he doesn't want Eva hurt by losing her mother. 

I can't accept that because Sylvia has said that Gideon did it. Monica might have played a part, but the actual killing, I think that was Gideon. I can't imagine him pulling away from her like that and emotionally destroying her if he didn't actually do it. I do think Monica acted oddly after Nathan was found dead, never discussing Gideon with Eva, so for me that is a tell that Monica knows something.

Someone else posted in another thread her husband was one of two men in the room ;)  Anyway she said she got the impression Monica played a bigger role with Nathan. Did you get that impression?

yes that was me. I dragged my poor hubby to the meet & greet. he had a blast & he fit right in with all the ladies in the room & had they all laughing even though he didn't read any of the books.

As for Monica playing a bigger role with Nathan, I don't know where that got misinterpreted because all that was said when SD talked about monica is that she is 2 dimenisional person and we will see her some of her changes. Stanton, Gideon and Monica of course all talked about what to do about Nathan. We really couldn't talk a lot about EWY because she didn't want to give too much away. just that Victor was coming back, Chris Jr wasn't a big role in the upcoming book and when Gideon took Eva to NC, he didn't know about the attack on Cary nor did he have all his ducks in a row to kill nathan.    

A good lawyer could turn around Eva's admission that she dumped Gideon on Saturday. It isn't unusual for someone to be involved with two people at the same time. The Lawyer could say Eva finally had enough and said this is it. I can't wait any longer for you to make a decision. ...Or something like that.

The whole conversation is void. Eva said she wanted her attorney present. Det. Graves talked anyhow. When she asked a question and it was answered the entire everything became voided.