Entwined With You- Chapter One

CAROLINE was there too Sharon.  I just asked her this question before I saw your post.

I tried to find who else in our group was on this forum but the three ladies I spoke to didn't know about it.There was another girl who was there with her husband who asked a lot of good questions and if she can fill in any missing info that I missed then I don't mind being corrrected.  I did my best to fill in what I heard. I went to the somerset meet & greet so I don't know if she was at that one. there were three men total in the group with all of us girls and I know one lady and her hubby had to leave early before we were done talking.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the post

Agordon817, on 07 May 2013 - 09:12, said:snapback.png

The chapter is up ladies!!!! I know I've been gone for a while, but I have a 4 year old, and a 9month old. I was at Summerset and meet with Sylvia. My hisband was the second man in the room that night and I have additional information to share as I spoke with Sylvia through out the day of the event. Nothing giantic, but nothing that I've seen on the board yet.  I will say, I walked away thinking Monica is involved a lot more than we every realized.

I

Yes.  I live in the Tampa Bay area.  I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stay over night or drive back home after.

I'm actually near Orlando. I'm staying overnight. Do you follow Maryse's blog? You know Sylvia is arranging a meet and greet the Friday night before right?

I tried to find who else in our group was on this forum but the three ladies I spoke to didn't know about it.There was another girl who was there with her husband who asked a lot of good questions and if she can fill in any missing info that I missed then I don't mind being corrrected.  I did my best to fill in what I heard. I went to the somerset meet & greet so I don't know if she was at that one. there were three men total in the group with all of us girls and I know one lady and her hubby had to leave early before we were done talking.

We loved all the info you brought us Caroline. I was just wondering if you got the same impression about Monica.

I'm actually near Orlando. I'm staying overnight. Do you follow Maryse's blog? You know Sylvia is arranging a meet and greet the Friday night before right?

No I didn't know and I don't know this blog.  I just started reading Sylvia's books and found this site the other day when I searched for the release date of the next Crossfire book.

“Good evening, Miss Tramell.†The doorman accompanied the greeting with a tap of his fingers to the brim of his hat and waited patiently while I swiped my debit card. When I’d finished paying, I accepted his help out of the back of the cab and felt his gaze slide discreetly over my tearstained face.

Smiling as if everything were okay in my world, I rushed into the lobby and headed straight for the elevator, with a brief wave at the front desk staff.

“Eva!â€

Turning my head, I discovered a svelte brunette in a stylish skirt-and-blouse ensemble rising to her feet in the lobby seating area. Her dark hair fell in thick waves around her shoulders, and her smile graced full lips that were a glossy pink. I frowned, not recognizing her.

“Yes?†I replied, suddenly wary. There was an avid gleam in her dark eyes that got my back up. Despite how battered I felt and probably looked, I squared my shoulders and faced her directly.

“Deanna Johnson,†she said, thrusting out a well-manicured hand. “Freelance reporter

I have a question, I was wondering why the doorman didn't warn Eva that the reporter was waiting for her.. if you remember the security was tight on the building, the reason she was living there. Why would the desk staff allow her to loiter in the lobby not knowing when Eva would be home.

“Good evening, Miss Tramell.†The doorman accompanied the greeting with a tap of his fingers to the brim of his hat and waited patiently while I swiped my debit card. When I’d finished paying, I accepted his help out of the back of the cab and felt his gaze slide discreetly over my tearstained face.

Smiling as if everything were okay in my world, I rushed into the lobby and headed straight for the elevator, with a brief wave at the front desk staff.

“Eva!â€

Turning my head, I discovered a svelte brunette in a stylish skirt-and-blouse ensemble rising to her feet in the lobby seating area. Her dark hair fell in thick waves around her shoulders, and her smile graced full lips that were a glossy pink. I frowned, not recognizing her.

“Yes?†I replied, suddenly wary. There was an avid gleam in her dark eyes that got my back up. Despite how battered I felt and probably looked, I squared my shoulders and faced her directly.

“Deanna Johnson,†she said, thrusting out a well-manicured hand. “Freelance reporter

I have a question, I was wondering why the doorman didn't warn Eva that the reporter was waiting for her.. if you remember the security was tight on the building, the reason she was living there. Why would the desk staff allow her to loiter in the lobby not knowing when Eva would be home.

I didn't think he would warn Eva. If anyone was warned I would assume it would have been Gideon. He was the one that was having them keep an eye on her. I rationalized it in my mind thinking that she probably said she had an appointment with Eva, and would wait.

No I didn't know and I don't know this blog.  I just started reading Sylvia's books and found this site the other day when I searched for the release date of the next Crossfire book.

I'll post the Sylvia meet and greet info here when she releases it. Maryse is the one organizing book bash. http://www.maryse.net/       http://bookbash.net/

“Eva!â€

She probably indentified herself as a reporter, showed her badge or whatever so they let her in the lobby, but not upstairs..!

She probably indentified herself as a reporter, showed her badge or whatever so they let her in the lobby, but not upstairs..!

Remember they let Tre wait in the lobby because they called up and Cary didn't answer..! So if she showed ID or whatever they probably just let her sit in the lobby to wait.

“Eva!â€

I think if it was the daytime doorman, Paul, he may have said something because they had a more personable rapport. But then again where would Eva enter the building if she didn't want to encounter the person waiting? If she (Deanna) left the exchange would have happened outside the building.

I was thinking she wasn't on the automatic turn away list so perhaps she would be allowed to wait for a limited amount of time for Cary or Eva to arrive.

Yup that was the day after the dinner when Eva found out about Corrine, coming back from lunch with megumi is when Eva saw Corrine leaving the building looking freshly f#%ked. Eva went up to Gideon's office and found the (lipstick) on his shirt.. We now know that it was blood.... Nathan's blood..! So Gideon did know that Nathan was in town before Eva and Cary went to Sin City and he went to Arizona..!

I believe that's the only reason Gideon forbid Eva staying in New York when he was going to Arizona. He already knew the danger Eva was in.

I have just sat and re- read chapter 1 again.

Up to now it's been Eva's story, her pov. I was thinking about it from Gideons perspective. We know how badly Eva is hurting, all the indescribable pain she as suffered over the past few weeks, the humiliation that Gideon put her through. But think about it from Gideons pov.

Can you imagine how he felt, being so cruel, cold and heartless to the woman he loves. Yes, he went about it all wrong, but he thought he was doing what was right for Eva .

To see her daily, having to ignore her as if she didn't exist. This poor man, who loves the woman with all his heart, this already broken man, he was hurting as much as Eva.

One of the snippets Sylvia posted is Gideon's POV. It didn't give us any indication that he felt he was being cruel to her. It did give the impression that he was worried that Eva didn't want to have anything to do with him in the future. I don't know if he realizes how cruel he has been with Eva. I don't know if he understands that his actions are truly devastating Eva.

One of the snippets Sylvia posted is Gideon's POV. It didn't give us any indication that he felt he was being cruel to her. It did give the impression that he was worried that Eva didn't want to have anything to do with him in the future. I don't know if he realizes how cruel he has been with Eva. I don't know if he understands that his actions are truly devastating Eva.

I think Gideon understands.

Something to keep in mind... Many of the early snippets from Sylvia began with:, " Disclaimer: May be edited or deleted prior to publication."

The snippet from Gideon POV is one that started this way.

If I had been Eva, I think I would have chewed off Gideons ear there and then. Downright rudeness to ignore Eva.

That scene in RIY upset me so much. I don't understand why Gideon acts the way he does toward Eva when they are out in public. Now unfortunately,they probably will have little opportunity to spend time together in public so Gideon can prove to her that she is priority in public as well as in private.

“Eva!â€

Great question! I hadn't even thought about that. You are so right. Why didn't the doorman say something to Eva? Interesting!

Remember they let Tre wait in the lobby because they called up and Cary didn't answer..! So if she showed ID or whatever they probably just let her sit in the lobby to wait.

They still should have said something to Eva, along the lines that so done was waiting to speak with her.

That scene in RIY upset me so much. I don't understand why Gideon acts the way he does toward Eva when they are out in public. Now unfortunately,they probably will have little opportunity to spend time together in public so Gideon can prove to her that she is priority in public as well as in private.

It bothered me in BTY when Gideon ignored Eva at the dinner. I did believe what Mags said to a degree when she phoned Eva telling her he was trying to "manage" Corrine. Honestly, he could have managed her a lot better had he spent the time TALKING to Eva INSTEAD of Corrine. Even when he was telling Eva in her bathroom about Corrine and how he couldn't cut her off because it was cruel, all I could think is this woman loves you and there is no way she is not making a play to have you back. WAKE UP GIDEON! I *might* have screamed all that at my kindle. I will give Gideon some room though because this relationship thing is new to him, so he is still trying to figure out how to go about it. Let's hope Gideon has learned a lot about this relationship in the weeks he's been apart from Eva. I wonder if Gideon would have paid more attention to Eva between him leaving the advocacy dinner for Corrine and this thing at the Waldorf, would Corrine have realized he wasn't interested in him. He essentially encouraged her. He's clueless when it comes to this sort of thing, but he still did it.  

It bothered me in BTY when Gideon ignored Eva at the dinner. I did believe what Mags said to a degree when she phoned Eva telling her he was trying to "manage" Corrine. Honestly, he could have managed her a lot better had he spent the time TALKING to Eva INSTEAD of Corrine. Even when he was telling Eva in her bathroom about Corrine and how he couldn't cut her off because it was cruel, all I could think is this woman loves you and there is no way she is not making a play to have you back. WAKE UP GIDEON! I *might* have screamed all that at my kindle. I will give Gideon some room though because this relationship thing is new to him, so he is still trying to figure out how to go about it. Let's hope Gideon has learned a lot about this relationship in the weeks he's been apart from Eva. I wonder if Gideon would have paid more attention to Eva between him leaving the advocacy dinner for Corrine and this thing at the Waldorf, would Corrine have realized he wasn't interested in him. He essentially encouraged her. He's cluesless when it comes to this sort of thing, but he still did it.  

He is clueless. Someone needs to knock some sense onto him. I guess we don't really know at which point he started truly thinking about protecting Eva, but I don't think he was too concerned about Nathan at the dinner that Corinne showed up to. He should have never given Corinne that much attention that night. I guess he let some form of guilt control his actions and he didn't realize how hurtful it was to Eva.

He is clueless. Someone needs to knock some sense onto him. I guess we don't really know at which point he started truly thinking about protecting Eva, but I don't think he was too concerned about Nathan at the dinner that Corinne showed up to. He should have never given Corinne that much attention that night. I guess he let some form of guilt control his actions and he didn't realize how hurtful it was to Eva.

I agree that he did feel guilty about Corrine, and never really knew what it felt like before to be jealous about someone. He's never cared enough for another woman to feel that way so it is difficult to put himself in Eva's shoes so to speak. He did come to a big realization after that Brett kiss though. That is why I can see LN's theory about him coming to Eva in the elevator to return her ring rings true. Brett gave that interview talking about Eva the weekend before, and all of the sudden he has to start facing the fact that Eva might be willing to move on because he hasn't given her a good reason to wait.

Did anyone see the alternate photo Sylvia posted regarding Chapter 12. Not sure what it means. Maybe someone's birthday.

A few have mentioned it, and I posted the pic of it on the snippet/snapshot page. I'm not sure what to make of it, especially since the original snapshot was the elevators.

I agree that he did feel guilty about Corrine, and never really knew what it felt like before to be jealous about someone. He's never cared enough for another woman to feel that way so it is difficult to put himself in Eva's shoes so to speak. He did come to a big realization after that Brett kiss though. That is why I can see LN's theory about him coming to Eva in the elevator to return her ring rings true. Brett gave that interview talking about Eva the weekend before, and all of the sudden he has to start facing the fact that Eva might be willing to move on because he hasn't given her a good reason to wait.

I agree. I guess he really never knew how to treat a girlfriend and couldn't out himself in her shoes. Maybe the kiss she gave Brett was the best thing in their relationship. It showed him how it feels to not be made a priority. I am so excited to see how Sylvia is going to write the rest of the book I regards to how Eva and Gideon interact with each other in the future. He still seems to want to skirt by certain topics and act like they aren't an issue. He didn't really give Eva a good answer when she asked him where they stand now.

A few have mentioned it, and I posted the pic of it on the snippet/snapshot page. I'm not sure what to make of it, especially since the original snapshot was the elevators.

I'm thinking it may be Eva's birthday and someone sent her flowers and a card to her office.

I think Gideon understands.

Something to keep in mind... Many of the early snippets from Sylvia began with:, " Disclaimer: May be edited or deleted prior to publication."

The snippet from Gideon POV is one that started this way.

All the snippets started this way