Ideas on how to set up spoiler threads for Entwined starting June 4?

Patience is a virtue.

We waited this long, done pretty good I think. What's a couple of more days. Gives you a chance to read it again! Then we can dissect it, till the cows come home!

True..!!! I can wait..!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one of the main reasons that I love my iPad too! 

Although, I have been asked what I was smiling at ;)

I will definitely be reading this on my Kindle.  I really like being able to sit in the doctor's office or at the hairdressers and reading about how Gideon is ravishing Eva while no one knows that I'm reading. 

I will definitely be reading this on my Kindle.  I really like being able to sit in the doctor's office or at the hairdressers and reading about how Gideon is ravishing Eva while no one knows that I'm reading.

They will wonder what the big smile is for!!

Oh the hotness!

Wouldn't it just be easy to start a thread just for spoilers and spoilers can only be posted in that thread?  If you don't want to know what's happening in the book, don't read that thread.

OMG -- love, love, love the avatar!!! Meeting Gideon in his office, indeed!!

A spoiler thread or threads likely will get going June 4. Sylvia herself started a Reflected spoiler thread last October, because not everyone had a chance to get their hands on Reflected the same time -- the e-book and the paperback were released on different days.

Plus, one of the main reasons for this site is so fans who have read her books -- all of them -- can freely discuss stuff without spoiling things for fans who haven't yet read a particular book. It's here, rather than places like Facebook or Twitter. that fans can go wild.

The June 7 date to start discussing Entwined is a voluntary mini-movement some of we hardcore regulars have agreed on in order to give some of our fellow hardcore readers outside the U.S. -- especially the U.K. -- a shot at reading Entwined themselves. The U.K. fans have to wait until June 6 for their books, but the U.S. fans get theirs' June 4.

I'm probably going to lurk on this site once I've finished reading my copy on June 4. But I'm going to sit on my hands about posting until June 7. Sure, some overseas fans won't be able to resist and may end up reading spoilers here anyway. But I'm going to avoid contributing to the spoiler material myself -- a resolve especially hardened by some of the malarkey I've heard that's been going over on Goodreads, where some people lucky enough to have already gotten their hands on Entwined somehow in recent days couldn't stop themselves from putting out information. It's left some people, myself included, now struggling to avoid clicking on links to "reviews."

OMG -- love, love, love the avatar!!! Meeting Gideon in his office, indeed!!

A spoiler thread or threads likely will get going June 4. Sylvia herself started a Reflected spoiler thread last October, because not everyone had a chance to get their hands on Reflected the same time -- the e-book and the paperback were released on different days.

Plus, one of the main reasons for this site is so fans who have read her books -- all of them -- can freely discuss stuff without spoiling things for fans who haven't yet read a particular book. It's here, rather than places like Facebook or Twitter. that fans can go wild.

The June 7 date to start discussing Entwined is a voluntary mini-movement some of we hardcore regulars have agreed on in order to give some of our fellow hardcore readers outside the U.S. -- especially the U.K. -- a shot at reading Entwined themselves. The U.K. fans have to wait until June 6 for their books, but the U.S. fans get theirs' June 4.

I'm probably going to lurk on this site once I've finished reading my copy on June 4. But I'm going to sit on my hands about posting until June 7. Sure, some overseas fans won't be able to resist and may end up reading spoilers here anyway. But I'm going to avoid contributing to the spoiler material myself -- a resolve especially hardened by some of the malarkey I've heard that's been going over on Goodreads, where some people lucky enough to have already gotten their hands on Entwined somehow in recent days couldn't stop themselves from putting out information. It's left some people, myself included, now struggling to avoid clicking on links to "reviews."

So your going to lurk are you? Lol

We can't stop people posting, so basically if you don't want to know don't look.

But we thank you from the UK and Italy for being so thoughtful towards us. We promise to read fast!

After we have had a few mad days from the 7th, can we go through it a chapter at a time. We seem to pick up on little bits of info that way. :D

We can't stop people posting, so basically if you don't want to know don't look.

But we thank you from the UK and Italy for being so thoughtful towards us. We promise to read fast!

After we have had a few mad days from the 7th, can we go through it a chapter at a time. We seem to pick up on little bits of info that way. :D

I'm going to lurk after I've finished reading, because I'm eager to start reading the reactions of fellow fans. But I'm going to wait for some of you ladies to catch up before I jump into the fray.

I don't want to be a source of temptation. I'm going to try to tap into my Inner Eva, who was able to resist temptation for several days. That Monday evening she met Gideon, if she'd snapped her fingers instead of walking away, Gideon would have loaded her into the back of the Bentley and raced to the f*** pad. But she held out, Strong Eva did -- held out for a little respect.

It will be fun to reread the first time with others instead of just alone!!

Just like LN Im sitting on my hand (one hand while holding EWY in the other lol) until the 7th! I wouldn't want to start discussing it without everyone's input!

I truly hope everyone honors that because I know that I would hate it if I had to wait for the book and then log on here and see people already talking about it and I couldn't contribute!

Just like LN Im sitting on my hand (one hand while holding EWY in the other lol) until the 7th! I wouldn't want to start discussing it without everyone's input!

I truly hope everyone honors that because I know that I would hate it if I had to wait for the book and then log on here and see people already talking about it and I couldn't contribute!

Just one thing!

At what time do we start posting? If its 1 minute after midnight on the 7th GMT I will need sleep before battle commences!! Lol

Italy is an hour ahead of the UK. Any suggestions? Because the USA has 4 time zones I think someone said. I will go along with the rest of you. I'm sure Gabri will too.

Just one thing!

At what time do we start posting? If its 1 minute after midnight on the 7th GMT I will need sleep before battle commences!! Lol

Italy is an hour ahead of the UK. Any suggestions? Because the USA has 4 time zones I think someone said. I will go along with the rest of you. I'm sure Gabri will too.

Oh I'm not sure! I remember in a thread we talked about time zones but I looked through here and didnt see it!

I think LN talked about it I just dont remember which thread! 

I think we figured out the first e-book downloads on U.S. releases would start around 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (the earliest of the four time zones in the U.S.)  

I have no clue, though, whether you overseas friends can get the e-books on June 4 as well. I guess that's a question for the e-book sellers like Amazon.

I'll be coming out of "radio silence" as soon as I get going out of bed the morning of June 7 -- which is around late morning to lunchtime for you ladies in the U.K.

I think we figured out the first e-book downloads on U.S. releases would start around 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (the earliest of the four time zones in the U.S.)  

I have no clue, though, whether you overseas friends can get the e-books on June 4 as well. I guess that's a question for the e-book sellers like Amazon.

I'll be coming out of "radio silence" as soon as I get going out of bed the morning of June 7 -- which is around late morning to lunchtime for you ladies in the U.K.

By the time we wake up the thread will be 20 pages long! LOL 

I can go with that.

We will need a good nights sleep before the Internet goes into meltdown across the Atlantic! Lol

Late morning is good to go by me. :)

I am one of those rare people who don't really mind spoilers.  It's not going to stop me from reading the book but at the same time, I do think it is very considerate to put so much attention to not spoiling the book for others.  At the same time, I am also anxious to see everyone's reaction to the book and will probably read the threads even before I finish the book.  There are times when I, don't like spoilers myself but most of the time and with certain books, they don't really bother me. 

I can go with that.

We will need a good nights sleep before the Internet goes into meltdown across the Atlantic! Lol

Late morning is good to go by me. :)

Remember how Sylvia's main website used to flood when new snippets went up and early on in the first weeks of the snapshots? Obviously, though, the site administrators subsequently lined up a lot more capacity -- because it didn't flood when Chapter One of Entwined hit.

I hope they're similarly prepared for a big rush here on this site.

Remember how Sylvia's main website used to flood when new snippets went up and early on in the first weeks of the snapshots? Obviously, though, the site administrators subsequently lined up a lot more capacity -- because it didn't flood when Chapter One of Entwined hit.

I hope they're similarly prepared for a big rush here on this site.

Seriously! I would scream if when I come on the website I get an error! *knock on wood*

I think if you order through US Amazon, you can probably get the book on June 4.

Apparently UK amazon is the 4th too, that's why I'm downloading on the 4th, because the books don't get mailed till the 6th, which means we won't get them till about the 8th. I reckon they are coming by donkey!

I pre-ordered on my Nook through Barnes & Noble.  Does anyone know if the download will be available at midnight or... ?

I have mine order through nook and audible and the few pre-orders I had was available at midnight..! I'm hoping this one will be the same.!!

I pre-ordered on my Nook through Barnes & Noble.  Does anyone know if the download will be available at midnight or... ?

We were told it is midnight depending on when you pre-ordered it. Those ordered quite a while ago, would be downloaded first. Sylvia mentioned this on her FB page.