SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I plan to do this on my vacation Julie but I was thinking today that it is hard to imagine the worshipful Gideon in EWY bullying ( for want of a better word) Eva on that limo ride to NC... It's amazing how much he has changed in Book 3...

Hi Sscrph, 

You make such a good point about how much Gideon has changed over the three books.  You completely hit the nail on the head when you said that Gideon bullied Eva on that trip to NC.  I am so glad that Gideon has begun to grow and evolve.  It is a beautiful thing to watch.  :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya.

I agree. Brett is unfinished business. This ghost needs laying to rest.

Dr Travis hopefully will feature in the next book. I'm hoping we get to hear about their past chats with the good doctor. With him hopefully setting Cary back on the right path, and hearing how much stronger Eva is.

When I read your post just now, I thought of something. When Eva goes to San Diego, I'm sure Gideon will too. Maybe Gideon will get to spend sometime with Dr. Travis.  He has been such huge help to both Eva and Cary, maybe he can help Gideon work through some of his nightmares. 

I think Eva and Gideon are still kids when it comes to dating. They're mature beyond measure because of their abuse, but immature when it comes to relationships. Eva and Cary are not long out of college fun times and Gideon just worked all the time. I'm married to one of those CEO's LoL. I'm thinking back to that time in my life. I remember telling my now husband, I do what you do. You flirt. I flirt. You cheat. I cheat. That's terrible to admit, but it set the tone and we have that peace that Gideon and Eva are feeling. TRUST. Now with that said...

Yes, Eva is absorbing the fact that she's married and they truly belong to each other. Peace. But I think there's a side to Eva that's enjoying or flattered that the one she used to chase is now chasing her. Immaturity. SHE KNOWS Gideon is watching Brett, yet she's cutesy texting and going to meet-up in San Diego STILL. I think Gideon is setting the tone by clinging to the Corrine guilt and so Eva is subconsciously doing the same. They need to just stop (but then we'd have nothing to discuss!)

Hi MicheleWV, 

You make such a good correlation between Gideon's behaviour with Corinne and Eva's behaviour with Brett.  Everything you said is absolutely logical.  When you lay out the scenario between these characters it is amazing to see what kind of domino effect it seems to be having between Gideon and Eva. 

I can also completely see how Eva might be flattered by the fact that the man she once degraded herself for is now chasing her and on some level Eva might feel a little vindication (sorry I couldn't think of another word here).  She chased and chased and chased and then always got second best from Brett and now that Eva is no longer in that head space, it is Brett that is doing the chasing and Eva's no longer interested.  Oh how sweet it is! :) 

I suppose that if we didn't have these dramas then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.  :)

Hi Shan, 

All you have to do is give a little praise to your significant other's backside and you would be surprised at the smile that will put on his face...and who knows....maybe he will put a smile on your face a little later. ;)

You just made me smile. Your right, I'm going to go spend sometime with him now;) LOL

Good morning Mam2e,

I agree with you there.  Elizabeth Vidal seems to be completely disconected from Gideon.  It is so odd.

Have a blessed day lady!  :)

Thank you GiGi .Have a fantastic day.

Hiya.

I agree. Brett is unfinished business. This ghost needs laying to rest.

Dr Travis hopefully will feature in the next book. I'm hoping we get to hear about their past chats with the good doctor. With him hopefully setting Cary back on the right path, and hearing how much stronger Eva is.

Hi Julie, 

I too, hope that we will get the opportunity to see what Dr. Travis is really like.  I think that it would be really interesting to see how he counsels Eva and Cary.  I think that it would add a real depth to the storyline.  :)

The text to Brett was wrong.  I get that Eva is trying to be friends but she saw how that worked out with Corinne.  Why didn't she learn. 

I'm ready for Corinne gone too but I have a feeling we haven't see the last of her.

Hi Sharon, 

Do you think that Eva is still trying to be friends with Brett or could it be that she is using Brett as a cover until the murder of Nathan and the "mob" is resolved?  I was just curious.  I agree it is not a good idea to keep stringing him along.  I wonder if Eva ever thought about that?  Or whether Brett might take it as incentive to continue to pursue Eva?  What do you think?

Can a little petite Corrine be 4 months pregnant and not know? Gideon said her husband thought it was his. If you're screwing around with your husband, another guy maybe and chasing Gideon you'd probably have a clue.

I am so FREAKING GLAD Gideon and Eva are married. I'm ready for the big wedding! I went to one a while back where the two sophisticated mother-in-laws were on the ground at the reception choking each other. Monica isn't gonna let Lizzie stop a wedding. And I went to a huge one last weekend where the bride's parents were under the impression it was a 5th anniversary vow renewal when it was actually THE wedding. The opposite of Gideon and Eva. OMG.

Hi MicheleWV, 

What I wonder is how Jean Francois had no idea that his wife was pregnant.  I don't buy that theory in the least.  Many forum members have said that it is possible that a person might not know that they are pregnant and I believe that in some cases this might be true.  If Corinne were petit, then wouldn't she start to show even a little by the fourth month?  What about the side effects of pregnancy?

I too am glad that Gideon and Eva are married.  It seems to have given both of these two the stability and security that they have both so desperately needed.  Now I want to see if they will actually make it down the isle without anyone finding out that these two are already married!  Then I could definitely see "fireworks" going off!!  The mother-in-laws are going to be key in this storyline!  Let the games begin! :)

quick question.  How is Eva's name pronounced?  I have read .....like Ava....the E is a long A.  does that make sense.  Please correct me.  Too bad I can't hear it....I don't have audio capabilities.

Hi Jmhope, 

You are correct.  Eva's name is like Ava becuase of her latin heritage.  She is named after Victor's mother. :)

Hi GiGi

I believe Eva is subconsciously still angry over the fact that Brett used to treat her like nothing but a good l.a.y. She wants to make Brett realize she's much more than an inflatable doll, and she's still hoping Brett regrets his past indifference to her as a person. I'd say Doctor Travis and Cary will have a h e l l of a job to make Eva see what she has been doing to Brett so far, and most importantly why.

Hi Gabri, 

I wonder whether Eva is beating a "dead horse".  Does she think that Brett will suddenly come to realize that his past behaviour was wrong?  Somehow I doubt it.  If anything Bretts' words and actions seem to confirm that he has learned nothing and seems to regard Eva in the same way.  Your theory about Eva still being angry on some level about how she was treated by Brett makes sense to me.  I just hope that she doesn't have to travel down a dark path in order to realize this.

I love weddings when there is a little drama.  It makes buying the gift worth it. 

I don't want any arguments at Gideon & Eva's wedding though.  I want them to have a little peace for a couple chapters.

I agree Corinne had to know but this is fiction so anything can happen. 

Hey maybe the drama can happen after Eva and Gideon leave for their honeymoon.  That might be a nice idea! :D 

Am I delusional to think CBY can come out between her other books in September ? I mean , if its finished and her publisher got enough backlash, wouldn't they want to make the readers happy and release ASAP?. Hopefully? :)

Can't wait for snippets ....bring on the torcher(sp?) ....why do I not know how to spell that word lol ?

You ladies are so much fun to read!

Corinne needs to be gone ASAP ...same for Deanna ...and Brett ....can we not just have healing w our couple and a beautiful , drama free wedding ? I'm so excited for it ! I imagine Eva in a fitted lace gown w a dramatic train/veil. Sigh....can't wait !

I certainly hope that we see the next installment of the book by September!  It would be lovely!!  :D 

When I read your post just now, I thought of something. When Eva goes to San Diego, I'm sure Gideon will too. Maybe Gideon will get to spend sometime with Dr. Travis.  He has been such huge help to both Eva and Cary, maybe he can help Gideon work through some of his nightmares. 

I hope Gideongoes to San Diego.  I think that it could be beneficial for all parties.  Gideon would get to spend time with Victor and Eva separately and together.  Gideon might also get some more time to establish a father/son-in-law relationship which can only be beneficial for Gideon (since he is sorely lacking a positive father-figure role).  Gideon could also support Eva in her dealings with Cary and Cary needs a lot of support as well.  I think that many bonds may be formed over this trip.  What do you think?

Hi MicheleWV, 

What I wonder is how Jean Francois had no idea that his wife was pregnant.  I don't buy that theory in the least.  Many forum members have said that it is possible that a person might not know that they are pregnant and I believe that in some cases this might be true.  If Corinne were petit, then wouldn't she start to show even a little by the fourth month?  What about the side effects of pregnancy?

I too am glad that Gideon and Eva are married.  It seems to have given both of these two the stability and security that they have both so desperately needed.  Now I want to see if they will actually make it down the isle without anyone finding out that these two are already married!  Then I could definitely see "fireworks" going off!!  The mother-in-laws are going to be key in this storyline!  Let the games begin! :)

Hi GiGi

It is possible that JFG and Corrine didn't know she was pregnant ,with my first pregnancy I weighed 47kg and didn't find out I was pregnant till 22 weeks(fortunately I didn't have a lot of bad habits)The first time you don't really know what to look out for unless youre actively trying to get pregnant and are looking out for symptoms. I just put on a bit if weight and looked fuller but not just in my stomach all over and went off some food but you don't really pay attention nor do you relate the symptoms to pregnancy because you're not looking out for it but of course everyone is different as is every pregnancy.