SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I think this is a lot of Lizzie Vidals problem with Eva; she is very jealous of the fact that Eva has such an emotional connection with her son and that she was actually able to break down his barriers and get to the truth and Eva supported him unconditionally something his mother apparently could not do... Oh when she finds out the truth she will have 100 times more guilt than Monica ever had because she continued to let that abuser into her home ...maybe she will finally realize why the Vidal estate makes Gideon's skin crawl!!!

You make a really good point about Eva's emotional connect to Gideon and Elizabeth's lack thereof to her own son!  Wow!  On some level Elizabeth must surely be a little envious about Eva's connection to Elizabeth's son.  :) 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think either Gideon or Eva will cheat ;they both know there is no way either of them could live with that. In RIY when the incident at the Crossfire with Nathan occurs but Eva thinks its Corinne Eva says to Gideon " I would never cheat on you I would break it off with you first and later in the car he states secrets are something we can work through cheating is not ... So there you have it ...

I agree.  :) 

I know.  I remember back to some of Eva's thoughts and comments. 

About Dr. Terry "I couldn't think about what had happened to Gideon without wanting to do serious violence to anyone who contributed to his pain.  I understand Eva's anger and get angry myself reading about the lonely life Gideon lived.

About Hugh "You were a child in the hands of an adult who knew all the right buttons to push.  They want to make it our fault so they have no culpability in their crime, but it's not true."  How hard it must be for a man to live with the guilt that he caused his own abuse.  Thank God Eva & Dr. Petersen are going to help him move forward.

About Gideon:  "Suddenly I understood why he'd worked so hard, why he was so insanely successful at such a young age.  He'd been driven to find his place in the world, to be more than an outsider."  As successful as he was he never found what he needed until Eva came into his life. 

I have a feeling that his story is going to be so sad.  I will need boxes of tissues reading the next book.

Hi Sharon, 

Gideon didn't cause his own abuse.  That is the saddest thing of all.  Pedophiles using grooming techniques, manipulation, guilt and a child's own physical responses against the child, in order to justify the abuse. 

I sincerely hope that Gideon gets to the place where he realizes that he had absolutely no culpability in what happened to him as a child. Let's put the blame exactly where it belongs; Hugh!   My fingers are crossed that Gideon realizes this!! 

I am re-reading EWY and just noted something i missed on my fast read the first time: This is after the wedding, Eva hung up from a conversation with Martin... “We hung up and because I felt like reaching out, I sent a text to Shawna and another to Brett. Just quick hellos with smiley faces."

This reaching out to Brett bothers me. He says really forward things to Eva. As some of you noted, shes not insulted by his remarks. He wants to hook up in SD. "One time inside..." She knows he's not giving up after being told by her that she's in love with Gideon. The smiley hello text is leading him on in a subtle way. I think she's subconsciously getting back at Gideon for running to Corrine. My husband's not allowed to reach out to old flames. Brett's probably going to take another @$5 whooping.

And I want it on record again... I don't like Corrine. I hope she disappears in book 4. And in chapter 1. LoL

Hi MicheleWV, 

Do you think that after everything that has happened that Eva is still angry over the fact that Gideon reached out to Corinne?  Eva is now married to Gideon.  She no longer has any reservations that some other woman can get her man.  Could it be that somewhere deep down inside Eva is afraid that Gideon might cheat?  Or is she still harbouring a grudge? 

Or could it be that Eva was just blissfully happy over the fact that she married the love of her life and she wanted to share that with people in a subtle way?  On principle I agree with you.  Eva shouldn't have texted Brett.  Nothing good could possibly come of that text.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

You make a really good point about Eva's emotional connect to Gideon and Elizabeth's lack thereof to her own son!  Wow!  On some level Elizabeth must surely be a little envious about Eva's connection to Elizabeth's son.  :)

I don't get Elizabeth all these years that she's had a cold distant relationship with her son why did she think that was ?She didn't consider at any point that Gideon could have been telling the truth even when as an adult he can't go to his family home?She then is hostile to / jealous of the one person (Eva) who has gotten Gideon to open up and could give her insight into what is going on with her son.I still maintain that somewhere deep inside she knows and just refuses to face it .

I think this is a lot of Lizzie Vidals problem with Eva; she is very jealous of the fact that Eva has such an emotional connection with her son and that she was actually able to break down his barriers and get to the truth and Eva supported him unconditionally something his mother apparently could not do... Oh when she finds out the truth she will have 100 times more guilt than Monica ever had because she continued to let that abuser into her home ...maybe she will finally realize why the Vidal estate makes Gideon's skin crawl!!!

+1.

I don't get Elizabeth all these years that she's had a cold distant relationship with her son why did she think that was ?She didn't consider at any point that Gideon could have been telling the truth even when as an adult he can't go to his family home?She then is hostile to / jealous of the one person (Eva) who has gotten Gideon to open up and could give her insight into what is going on with her son.I still maintain that somewhere deep inside she knows and just refuses to face it .

Hi Mam2e, 

I have read your comments and I have to agree with you.  Elizabeth Vidal is one seriously perplexing character!  I can't fathom how she can still be blind after all these years.  It doesn't make logical sense to me.  What do you think?

A couple of thoughts ......

Sam probably filmed lots of groupie encounters.  No way to know that there would be a song based on Brett and Eva.  

But more important doesn't it seem odd that the music video comes out and week later the video of live of B & E with the exact same scenes pops up.  So it seems to me that Sam found footage with Eva after the meeting in NYC and then got together with

Brett and they came with the R-Rated music video and then the XXX-Rated tape to cash in when Sam sells it.  

But no one takes into account that Gideon and Eva are back together, let alone married ! 

What I wondered as well was that if Sam took all the concerts would Gideon and Eva's s e x encounter at the concert in NYC in Reflected now show up as well, another blackmail scene there 

Hi Kirsten & Sheens, 

I just wanted to thank both of you ladies for all of the lovely photos you ladies have posted.  It certainly made this forum far more visually  enjoyable!  Thanks again! :D  :D

love doing it, love Henry and Gideon hehehe :)

HI Fsumom, 

I agree with that. I believe that Sam probably video taped several groupies encounters withthe band members. 

Sorry you have lost me on the video launch and then the Brett and Eva thing...could you explain that a little more please?  I don't understand.  Thanks in advance. :)

Sorry to lose you  :(  

I was thinking that after the fight Brett decided he wanted to break-up E & G and get her back if for nothing more that to make Golden an even bigger hit.  The bonus of course taking her away from his boss.   Sooooo

He knew Sam had all those secret videos of groupies from 'back in the day' and had Sam look for footage of Eva.  Then based the muisc video on the actual scenes with the idea that a s*e*x video would be leaked or sold as soon as the music hit the air.  

He thinks that G broke-up with E as a result of the kiss and that now they may be getting back together.  So the 'live' tape would totally destroy any chances of reconciling the two.  And then he would be there to console Eva.    Hope that helps explain what I was trying to express.  :)

What I wondered as well was that if Sam took all the concerts would Gideon and Eva's s e x encounter at the concert in NYC in Reflected now show up as well, another blackmail scene there 

Hard to tell if Sam is associated with the band now, but that is sure a possibility.

Don't think G & E at the concert would be as valuable as gettting a video of the fight.  Maybe not for backmailing but it sure validate Deanna's info even tho Brett denied it.   Adding fuel to the fire for her story bashing G.  

Hi MicheleWV, 

Do you think that after everything that has happened that Eva is still angry over the fact that Gideon reached out to Corinne?  Eva is now married to Gideon.  She no longer has any reservations that some other woman can get her man.  Could it be that somewhere deep down inside Eva is afraid that Gideon might cheat?  Or is she still harbouring a grudge? 

Or could it be that Eva was just blissfully happy over the fact that she married the love of her life and she wanted to share that with people in a subtle way?  On principle I agree with you.  Eva shouldn't have texted Brett.  Nothing good could possibly come of that text.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think Eva and Gideon are still kids when it comes to dating. They're mature beyond measure because of their abuse, but immature when it comes to relationships. Eva and Cary are not long out of college fun times and Gideon just worked all the time. I'm married to one of those CEO's LoL. I'm thinking back to that time in my life. I remember telling my now husband, I do what you do. You flirt. I flirt. You cheat. I cheat. That's terrible to admit, but it set the tone and we have that peace that Gideon and Eva are feeling. TRUST. Now with that said...

Yes, Eva is absorbing the fact that she's married and they truly belong to each other. Peace. But I think there's a side to Eva that's enjoying or flattered that the one she used to chase is now chasing her. Immaturity. SHE KNOWS Gideon is watching Brett, yet she's cutesy texting and going to meet-up in San Diego STILL. I think Gideon is setting the tone by clinging to the Corrine guilt and so Eva is subconsciously doing the same. They need to just stop (but then we'd have nothing to discuss!)

Sorry to lose you  :(  

I was thinking that after the fight Brett decided he wanted to break-up E & G and get her back if for nothing more that to make Golden an even bigger hit.  The bonus of course taking her away from his boss.   Sooooo

He knew Sam had all those secret videos of groupies from 'back in the day' and had Sam look for footage of Eva.  Then based the muisc video on the actual scenes with the idea that a s*e*x video would be leaked or sold as soon as the music hit the air.  

He thinks that G broke-up with E as a result of the kiss and that now they may be getting back together.  So the 'live' tape would totally destroy any chances of reconciling the two.  And then he would be there to console Eva.    Hope that helps explain what I was trying to express.  :)

I totally agree with this! Yes

Hard to tell if Sam is associated with the band now, but that is sure a possibility.

Don't think G & E at the concert would be as valuable as gettting a video of the fight.  Maybe not for backmailing but it sure validate Deanna's info even tho Brett denied it.   Adding fuel to the fire for her story bashing G.  

good point, thanks never thought about the fight :)

Buns of Steel :- :P

1044309_564111990306558_906912647_n.jpg

OMG!!! I nearly choked over my cup of coffee!!!!

I'm spinning all the wildest fantasies here!!!!