SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hello from ob gyn world...I could tell you stories about patients who couldn't imagine they were pregnant until at least the baby started moving, which for first time mothers is usually about 21-22 weeks (5 months),,,I try not to watch TV where the women didn't know they were pregnant the entire time, pretty hard to believe...and I know that in many of these cases denial is a strong tool...

and for heavy women you don't necessarily show at 4 months, but thin women usually you can tell a little something but I have many patients that dress cleverly if they are not "out in their pregnancy"(many women wait till the anatomy scan to say that the kid is ok before they go public), but clearly the women all know themselves,,,and in this day of ultrasound very few women get by without knowing they are pregnant very early on,

sometimes I get a lady who just missed her period for a day or two and wants me to assure her that the baby is ok and she is pregnant,,,and I laugh and ask them "What are you 2 hours pregnant"?

So excellent to have a expert here!!! 

I personally knew one woman who wasn't aware until her 7th month. And this woman was a lawyer for Pete's sake, supposed to be smart!!! She was mildly obese and had food-related issues that caused her weight to fluctuate all her adult life, so the weight gain didn't clue her in. She also continued to sometimes "spot" during the pregnancy, and because she'd already had irregularities with her menstral cycle, she assumed it was simply "off."

Believe it or not, as her son's kicking increasingly got active, this woman feared she had something seriously wrong digestively going on, and so she saw her doctor. Surprise!!!! Thank God the couple was happy about the news -- her husband was thrilled beyond belief. He'd wanted to start having kids immediately. But she was fresh out a law school and wanted to get established professionally before becoming a parent.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I tried really hard not to mention this (I was kinda hoping someone else would acknowledge it) because I got the impression from everyone on the board that it would have been so implausible and there is so much else to delve into so I dropped it.  I think I said (before the release of the book) in another thread that I would love for book 4 to include a wedding and all the drama that goes with that for Eva and Gideon.

Everyone else was saying there is so much else to deal with first a wedding would be so far from the plot. Imagine my surprise when I saw that in EWY.

I know I'm new here but I feel like I'm coming off wrong on this board, lol.  (or maybe its just me).  I think it's safer for me to go back into lurk mode.  I feel like I'm ruffling feathers for thinking too much out of the box.

I am enjoying reading the discussion; however, so keep those up.

Readingrrl-don't stay in 'lurk mode'. Without your thoughts and input there would be no discussion!

OK, I tried really hard not to mention this (I was kinda hoping someone else would acknowledge it) because I got the impression from everyone on the board that it would have been so implausible and there is so much else to delve into so I dropped it.  I think I said (before the release of the book) in another thread that I would love for book 4 to include a wedding and all the drama that goes with that for Eva and Gideon.

Everyone else was saying there is so much else to deal with first a wedding would be so far from the plot. Imagine my surprise when I saw that in EWY.

I know I'm new here but I feel like I'm coming off wrong on this board, lol.  (or maybe its just me).  I think it's safer for me to go back into lurk mode.  I feel like I'm ruffling feathers for thinking too much out of the box.

Did you see the penguin photogate countdown pic?? It was a hand holding wedding rings. After that we all kind of knew it would happen!

I don't think you should go on lurk mode!!

You had a suspicion about something that actually did happen so I say keep posting and keep letting us know of your opinions!

I also believe the "big" wedding will happen in book 4 and we know there will be drama.   Don't lurk and just give us your theories.

You keep on with your opinions, we all get things wrong(mostly) or right, that's what makes this forum fun.

Does Eva seriously think she and Brett can be friends? Why would she even want to be?

How do we think the trip to SD goes?

No way they can be friends. I see Gideon going with them to SD. Brett is not giving up. But maybe the "I'm engaged" will make him see he doesn't have a chance.

No way they can be friends. I see Gideon going with them to SD. Brett is not giving up. But maybe the "I'm engaged" will make him see he doesn't have a chance.

Once Brett knows she's engaged with Gideon, he will back off.   We have to remember he thought that Gideon was back with Corinne too.   I can' wait for Cary's and Eva's conversations with Dr. Travis.

Can i just start of by saying that their wedding was freaking perfect! I personally wouldnt mind eloping but my mom would kill me lol.... also everytime Angus called Eva Mrs. Cross I was grinning and felt all giddy!! Ahhh

Wasn't that totally awesome.  I really really loved the prenup.  What a sweet man!!!

The Brett twist made me angry because I can see that Eva is reverting to her old patterns.  She kissed Brett to punish Gideon and now she accepted a date and took him back to her place to continue to punish Gideon for the way he treated her the past few weeks.  I don't this she is doing this intentionally but she is still feeling some of the pain, IMO, that Gideon put her through.

Even after they were married and opening up to her Gideon still pushed her away at the hospital and then flew to California.  If he could text Angus he could have sent a message to his wife.  These two people are still working through their personal issues. 

The other people were in the first two books and I want to know more about them so there story doesn't bother me and it didn't seem too much. I see many of these ancillary characters as the people/situations that these two need to resolve to get to the right place with their lives. 

I didn't have a problem with Gideon meeting Deanna the way he did.  It made sense not to bring her to the apartment (like Eva did with Brett) but to keep her in public, apologize to her for being a d**k and then getting the information about the video.  If he didn't know about that and put a hold on it getting released it would devastate Eva. 

I love the bracelet twist.  I didn't expect that at all and I believe that it will be the way Gideon gets out from under the murder.  I think Clancy is behind it.  (I'll explain later but I have to get to work).

Cary & Tat are a problem.  I'm still thinking about this but I like it.

Victor & Monica Oh my. 

Corinne I hated her when we first met her and I hate her even more now.  What a terrible thing to do to Gideon!  He thinks he's cursed.  (cried)

I hate that we are busy today but I have to work or I can't buy books.  For me I LOVED THIS BOOK AND WANT TO READ MORE!

I understand what you are saying Sharon especially about Cary, Corrine etc but in some way I can see why Eva would bring Brett up as she feels sorry for him and Eva is such a good person and trusting and she feels it badly when she hurts people and that I think is what she is feeling with Brett.  Don't get me wrong, I think she is stupid going to SD and seeing Brett but she needs to see him face to face to tell him once and for all that it is over and there is no way of going back but I do think Brett will at least try but Eva has to be strong and has to be faithful after seeing her dad and mum I don't think she would do that as it would hurt Gideon too much. 

Eva has a good head on her at times and I know she would not want to hurt Brett so I think she wants to let him down personally and face to face as that is how she would want it.

Another thing I noticed was Eva kept mentioning how she was curvy and has a big butt... Idk I just keep seeing how she mentioned her body shape a lot more in this book which makes me now understand why SD said she sees Scarlett Johansson playing Eva.

Yup..!

Eva still has issues with her hearing. Gideon said something to Deanna at the end of the book, WHAT! Argh!

At that point I don't think she cared..! She was to busy worrying if Cary had nailed Anne Lucas..! But yea he did say something to her, maybe about the tape.!

she purposely picked Tableau One too.   Even though Gideon did not show up but Arnoldo was there practically the whole time at the dinner.  Arnoldo also noticed Eva did not eat much and we all know Eva loves to eat.  

If Gideon doesn't go to San Diego, there will definitely be a tail on her there.

There will be security with her and I think Gideon will let Eva know that so he does not keep anything from her now 

It kind of annoyed me in BTY that even though they broke up Eva still went to his parent's house for the record party. Even though it was for Cary's career.

NOW-I'm put off that she got the engagement ring that used to belong to Elizabeth. I get that Gideon remembers happy times with the three of them when he was very young. And maybe the ring is special to him. Elizabeth is so toxic-I don't think I'd want it on my finger.

I do find it weird she is wearing Elizabeth's ring.  They do even like Elizabeth. I would NOT want to wear my mother in laws ring. I know it represents a happy time in his life but Eva needs her own ring, maybe one that he's designed.  They are starting out a new life together, a fresh start.

I agree with that.

I hope nothing goes wrong in San Diego!

I agree I'm hoping that San Diego will be good for Eva and Victor.

It will also be good to hear from dr Travis

I don't think Tatiana is pregnant I don't think she can handle sharing Cary with a man.

and the best way to derail Trey is to say she's pregnant

I don't think Tatiana is pregnant I don't think she can handle sharing Cary with a man.

For Cary's sake I hope she ain't pregnant..!!

I think if she goes to San Diego, bodyguards are going with her..!

Very interesting thought about Tat! I think Eva's more upset about this so-called pregnancy than Cary seems to be!

I do find it weird she is wearing Elizabeth's ring.  They do even like Elizabeth. I would NOT want to wear my mother in laws ring. I know it represents a happy time in his life but Eva needs her own ring, maybe one that he's designed.  They are starting out a new life together, a fresh start.

Prince William and Kate used his mothers engagement ring. Charles and Diana's marriage wasn't a particularly happy marriage. But William and Kate are ok.

Gideon loved his father, it reminded him of happy times. His mother is showing her true colours!

Prince William and Kate used his mothers engagement ring. Charles and Diana's marriage wasn't a particularly happy marriage. But William and Kate are ok.

Gideon loved his father, it reminded him of happy times. His mother is showing her true colours!

I don't think she's wearing it to honor Elizabeth, it's about his dad..!