SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I found it difficult to believe that Corrine was 4 months pregnant and not showing. How could she not realize she was pregnant. I'll have to defer to our resident gyn Dr. Golfergirl to answer this one.

Hello from ob gyn world...I could tell you stories about patients who couldn't imagine they were pregnant until at least the baby started moving, which for first time mothers is usually about 21-22 weeks (5 months),,,I try not to watch TV where the women didn't know they were pregnant the entire time, pretty hard to believe...and I know that in many of these cases denial is a strong tool...

and for heavy women you don't necessarily show at 4 months, but thin women usually you can tell a little something but I have many patients that dress cleverly if they are not "out in their pregnancy"(many women wait till the anatomy scan to say that the kid is ok before they go public), but clearly the women all know themselves,,,and in this day of ultrasound very few women get by without knowing they are pregnant very early on,

sometimes I get a lady who just missed her period for a day or two and wants me to assure her that the baby is ok and she is pregnant,,,and I laugh and ask them "What are you 2 hours pregnant"?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i just start of by saying that their wedding was freaking perfect! I personally wouldnt mind eloping but my mom would kill me lol.... also everytime Angus called Eva Mrs. Cross I was grinning and felt all giddy!! Ahhh

I cried all along, just like I did at my sister's wedding!

I think Eva feels bad for Brett and the way she has led him on and yes she needs to nip it in the butt herself and hopefully in SD she can do that with Cary being there, I don't think she should see him alone.  Maybe Gideon will put security detail on her again to keep her safe.

I think the Tableau One was so Gideon knew where they were and that Arnaldo would look out for her in case she needed him and I did not get the impression in the book that Gideon was angry she was going to dinner with Brett and was pleased she picked somewhere he owned to be closer to him and to give him the respect of knowing where she was.

she purposely picked Tableau One too.   Even though Gideon did not show up but Arnoldo was there practically the whole time at the dinner.  Arnoldo also noticed Eva did not eat much and we all know Eva loves to eat.  

If Gideon doesn't go to San Diego, there will definitely be a tail on her there.

As for EWY I imagine she knew she was pregnant and was in denial...If she had come to see me I would have set her real straight

Golfergirl talking to Corrine "listen b****... you're pregnant go back with your husband and to france and leave Gideon the he11 alone" LOL... maybe you wouldnt say it but would be thinking it!

Hello from ob gyn world...I could tell you stories about patients who couldn't imagine they were pregnant until at least the baby started moving, which for first time mothers is usually about 21-22 weeks (5 months),,,I try not to watch TV where the women didn't know they were pregnant the entire time, pretty hard to believe...and I know that in many of these cases denial is a strong tool...

and for heavy women you don't necessarily show at 4 months, but thin women usually you can tell a little something but I have many patients that dress cleverly if they are not "out in their pregnancy"(many women wait till the anatomy scan to say that the kid is ok before they go public), but clearly the women all know themselves,,,and in this day of ultrasound very few women get by without knowing they are pregnant very early on,

sometimes I get a lady who just missed her period for a day or two and wants me to assure her that the baby is ok and she is pregnant,,,and I laugh and ask them "What are you 2 hours pregnant"?

Loving that last line. Lol

Corinne is a manipulator. She had to have some scheme up her sleeve to trap Gideon. Or just make him feel guilty, hoping he would marry her.

Golfergirl talking to Corrine "listen b****... you're pregnant go back with your husband and to france and leave Gideon the he11 alone" LOL... maybe you wouldnt say it but would be thinking it!

No I would have pretty much said it like that,,,I'm a loud demonstrative NY ob,,,she would have gotten the point...

She was in real denial mode and also, I have a feeling she knew she was pregnant.   I actually felt Jamie earlier than 5 months.   She was a kicker then and now.  LOL

It kind of annoyed me in BTY that even though they broke up Eva still went to his parent's house for the record party. Even though it was for Cary's career.

NOW-I'm put off that she got the engagement ring that used to belong to Elizabeth. I get that Gideon remembers happy times with the three of them when he was very young. And maybe the ring is special to him. Elizabeth is so toxic-I don't think I'd want it on my finger.

I know I would have wanted a brand new ring :)

I want to add about Anne... WTF is up with her try to get to Cary. I understand the why, but what kind of marriage do her and Dr. Terry have? Who would accept this type of behavior from their spouse? Why stay together?

Who is Michael? Why is Megumi suddenly "sick"

I'm wondering if Michael is actually Chris Jr.  He could easily lie about his name.   I'm curious about Megumi being sick too.   Even though we might be reading more into her being sick.  She could actually be sick.

I hope Clancy gave Gideon  a "free out of jail ticket"! At least it would be a "friend" and not one more problem...

The bracelet was a plot twist I really liked, well done to Sylvia!

Now this is the list of the characters I most hate in order:

1- (most hated)- Elizabeth

2- Lucas

3- Corinne

4- Christopher jr

5- Deanna

Most loved:

1- Eva, Gideon

2- Victor (ok, he should have not slept with Monica, but I think he was overwhelmed...)

3- Cary

4- Angus

5- Clancy

My own lists:

Can't stand:

1. Corrine -- she started manipulating Gideon even before she stepped foot in New York, and she was ruthless from day one. Yes, I feel bad that she got "help" being pushed over the edge, but all along she bore some responsibility for her actions up to and including the suicide attempt. Eva's right to hate her now.
  2. Dr. Anne Lucas -- another ruthless ex and I'm suspecting a real danger to Eva. Dr. Anne Lucas, M.D., Psychiatrist. Where did Corrine get the psychiatric medication that escalated her (Corrine).
  3. Monica -- I'm really angry at Monica for sleeping with Victor and for continuing to act like she (Monica) is some sort of victim of the past. I think Monica f***** her way out of trouble with Victor -- defused his anger by taking him to bed.

LOVE LOVE LOVE (besides Eva and Gideon, of course):

1. Angus: not only for calling Eva "Mrs. Cross" but also for actually calling her "Eva" during the times when Eva is in need of a friend. I'll bet he calls his employer Gideon, rather than Mr. Cross, when Gideon is hurting.
  2. Victor: for the way he handled the truth about Nathan (aside from going to bed with Monica, that is.)
  3. Cary: for continuing to be the best friend Eva could ever have.

I think all of the theories about Clancy handling the "Nathan" situation are correct. I think he felt like he screwed up by not protecting Cary so he was probably thinking of taking care of Nathan himself.

Also, Clancy did say to her "I had to make sure Nathan was dead".

I'm wondering if Michael is actually Chris Jr. He could easily lie about his name. I'm curious about Megumi being sick too. Even though we might be reading more into her being sick. She could actually be sick.

I cant think of a good reason as to why she would lie about being sick that could affect Eva. I keep coming up empty.

My own lists:

Can't stand:

• Corrine -- she started manipulating Gideon even before she stepped foot in New York, and she was ruthless from day one. Yes, I feel bad that she got "help" being pushed over the edge, but all along she bore some responsibility for her actions up to and including the suicide attempt. Eva's right to hate her now.
  • Dr. Anne Lucas -- another ruthless ex and I'm suspecting a real danger to Eva. Dr. Anne Lucas, M.D., Psychiatrist. Where did Corrine get the psychiatric medication that escalated her (Corrine).
  • Monica -- I'm really angry at Monica for sleeping with Victor and for continuing to act like she (Monica) is some sort of victim of the past. I think Monica f***** her way out of trouble with Victor -- defused his anger by taking him to bed.

LOVE LOVE LOVE (besides Eva and Gideon, of course):

• Angus: not only for calling Eva "Mrs. Cross" but also for actually calling her "Eva" during the times when Eva is in need of a friend. I'll bet he calls his employer Gideon, rather than Mr. Cross, when Gideon is hurting.
  • Victor: for the way he handled the truth about Nathan (aside from going to bed with Monica, that is.)
  • Cary: for continuing to be the best friend Eva could ever have.
I've taken to Clancy too. He has opened up more.

Eva has warmed to him.

Dear all, here we are after such a long wait... I hope you enjoyed the book as I did!

Where to start...

Overall I really liked EWY, I loved having more nice time between Eva and Gideon (never enough though for my addiction!), I liked this new, more confident Eva and somehow I felt that Gideon started opening up more. I especially loved that now they fight together against all that is happening in their lives, they don't let anything breaking them up, they really felt like an united front, they clearly want so strongly to move forward together and that is amazing considering where they were coming from.

My favourite of the 3 books so far is still Bared to you, but this come second mainly because there is more Eva and Gideon together while they spent apart most of the time in Reflected.

What I did not like in this book was that there  have been so many new plots that somehow felt too cramped to me considering that the book is not long. I understand that there are two more books coming to develop them and I am very happy about it, but the overall feeling that I had was that they were thrown there, but without the space to develop and sometimes situations felt a bit rushed, which I never felt in the first two books. Just the first example that comes to my mind is the end where Eva meet in a very short time Elizabeth, Magdalene , Deanna and Anne Lucas...

I really hope that the next two books only develop what we have already without any other new things and I especially hope that our couple are just able to enjoy a bit more without always having to worry about something or fixing something else. It felt a bit too many adversities for them to fight. There were already the murder and Gideon's sleeping and family problems that were already enough (and I was really looking forward to reading more about that, but there wasn't much apart finding out who the abuser was) , and then Corinne (I hate her even more now and I really hope Sylvia will get rid of her very quickly because it is unbearable and I would really like not to have to read about her any more) and Brett (why is he still in the picture I don't understand either, just to cause more troubles?). To top it up we have Cary's baby, Deanna, Brett and Eva's video (it felt cramped as well that during the same night Gideon was at the hospital with Corinne (why has he been called?) he also went for a glass of wine with Deanna and then flew to California) , Victor and Monica, Monica's tracking devices, the mystery of Nathan's bracelet (well, I hope at least  that really turns out to be a good thing happened for our couple)...

This is obviously my personal opinion, I loved the book and I am really looking forward to reading the next two ones (hopefully with less waiting time). 

I loved Eva and Gideon even more as they are amazing when they are together and they fight together and not against each other. I obviously loved the sex scenes between them...

I would not like to see more adversities for them. I Hope that in the next two books  we will see a nice wedding, lots of fun and happy time for Eva and Gideon and is it too much to hope for a baby for our couple as well maybe as a surprise at the end of book 5????? OH, I WISH....

Sorry if my post is maybe a little bit confused (I tried to keep it short and to the point) and I am sure I forgot to mention a lot of other things, but I will post again...

Looking forward to reading your comments!

OK, I tried really hard not to mention this (I was kinda hoping someone else would acknowledge it) because I got the impression from everyone on the board that it would have been so implausible and there is so much else to delve into so I dropped it.  I think I said (before the release of the book) in another thread that I would love for book 4 to include a wedding and all the drama that goes with that for Eva and Gideon.

Everyone else was saying there is so much else to deal with first a wedding would be so far from the plot. Imagine my surprise when I saw that in EWY.

I know I'm new here but I feel like I'm coming off wrong on this board, lol.  (or maybe its just me).  I think it's safer for me to go back into lurk mode.  I feel like I'm ruffling feathers for thinking too much out of the box.

I am enjoying reading the discussion; however, so keep those up.