"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about the whole Corinne having a bad reaction to her psychiatric meds, thing and I just wanted to clarify that if someone was having a bad reaction to their psychiatric medication (delusions, severe depression, psychosis, etc.) they could not just stop taking said medication.  The sudden stopping of a medication could lead to severe suicidal thoughts or worse consequences or actions.

If a medication made someone crazy (i.e. severe psychological reactions to medication), the sudden stopping of a medication may take away some of the symptoms but may cause other more severe symptoms as a result of medication withdrawl. 

A person would have to be in a hospital in order for the medication to be removed from his/her system quickly.  If a situation was severe enough; a person could have the drugs flushed from their system, but again that would have to be done in a hospital setting and new, different medications would be prescribed, where doctors/psychiatrists could observe said patient, until he/she was stable enough to go home. 

If Corinne was truly suffering from a severe medication reaction, there would have been no way that she would have just been able to stop taking her medications suddenly or without medical interventions.  She would not have been mentally stable enough to do so. 

I don't believe it was revealed that Anne was Corrine's shrink. We are all speculating here...and I don't blame anyone...we are all trying to be patient & remain sane ourselves waiting for the darn book to be released.

I really hope she isn't involved w/ that.

Gideon was blameless about his father's death, but children blame themselves for things like that, and the damage imprints on a child's soul. Gideon was blameless for being sexually abused as a child, but child victims blame themselves, and the damage imprints on a child's soul. Especially in his case, because Hugh, trained in child psychology, was convincing the child Gideon he "wanted it."

As a grown man, Gideon deliberately threatened Hugh with ruin, but Gideon never meant to cause Hugh to kill himself, and Gideon carries guilt about the death. As a grown man, Gideon deliberately used Anne for revenge, but he carries guilt about it -- carries even more guilt now that Gideon knows what it is like to truly love a woman. He believes Terry Lucas loves Anne the way Gideon loves Eva. And all along, Gideon has felt guilty about Corrine, and Corrine has been playing on his guilt. Eva saw that immediately, and that was when Gideon had no reason to feel guilty about the broken engagement. But now Gideon knows how devastating it is to love and then to face the fear of losing that loved one.

Look at how much damage was done to Gideon as a child by Hugh, who played Gideon's guilt like a fiddle. Think about the danger Anne could pose, if she is as sick as her brother and also is an mental health professional who could use guilt to damage Gideon.

I wonder if Lucas ever told Anne what Hugh did. Maybe in one of those 'How could you been with him?? He killed your brother!!'. Something like that. Or maybe not, b/c Lucas would have to know about Gideon's threat. Ugh, Lucas covering for him is just sickening.

Mind you, Gideon should not blame himself for Hugh's death. Hugh was a monster, and when Gideon threatened him with ruin, Gideon was doing so to stop Hugh from victimizing any more children. Hugh was 100% responsible for his crimes, and he chose the coward's way out. For that matter, Gideon's father was 100% responsible for his crimes, and his father also chose the coward's way out.

Anne was not a helpless victim getting used. She threw herself at Gideon, and she was married to boot to a man who loved her. Corrine was not a helpless victim, not years ago and not this past summer. Years ago, from day one Corrine was the one chasing Gideon and pushing him for more, and she was the one who broke the engagement, then married someone else. In the recent past, she ended her marriage to a man who loved her specifically to throw herself at Gideon. What's worse, she knew Gideon was in love with Eva, and Corrine did everything in her power to try to destroy that love.

So true. He blames himself for too much. I don't like Anne at all. She's got a screw loose lol.

Where is Captivated?  pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif  I can't stand it any longer. 

Love this Sharon

Being held "captive" by the publisher. Pun intended.

Haha!

Can someone tell me how to post an image here, like that photo of "Mommica" a few days ago? I got an error message when I tried to post a meme here, a message saying "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." I was trying to post a cartoon "Brunettes make better psychos."

I've been having trouble too, getting the same message. I've pasted the pic to my Word , then copied it from there and selected the Word option on the toolbar here. I've also used the Photo icon that's on the toolbar under the smiley face. Doesn't work every time though. Good luck! That sounds funny :)

Regarding Gideon sending Corinne mixed messages

If a man tells you while you are still in Europe with your husband that he has met someone and it is the first time in 5 or 6 years that he has said that and he walks out on you after you flew across the pond to see him to follow her when she leaves him and he will not be intimate with you even though he had been in the past and he tells you there is no future with him for you and he won't return your phone calls and he will not kiss you and he calls your husband to come for you then regardless of a few dinners, his message is very clear. He is just not into you and you should take the hint.

Exactly!!

At some point, did Anne find out her brother was a pedophile? Did she learn his former child patients included Gideon? And if she does know the Hugh-Gideon connection, did she piece this together herself, or did she find out from her husband, Terry? If Terry did confide in his wife, when was it? After Hugh killed himself because of Gideon's threats? After Gideon had his affair with Anne and then dumped her? Did Terry confess he covered up for Hugh when Gideon was a child? Or did Terry hide that truth and put the spin that yes, Gideon was abused, but some abuse victims grow up to become abusers themselves, so the abuse turned Gideon into a monster?

Gideon is assuming Terry has been protecting Anne from the truth about her brother. But Gideon believes Terry loves Anne like he loves Eva. And Gideon keeps painful secrets from Eva out of love, because he thinks he protects her by doing it. So does Gideon assume Terry does the same with Anne and that throughout this mess, Anne has been innocent, in the dark, and a victim of collateral damage? Perhaps Gideon's assumption is wrong, maybe dangerously so? Is Anne a monster who hates Gideon? Who has even more motive than Terry to get revenge? And decide to give Gideon a taste of his own medicine -- that Gideon sought his revenge against Terry by hurting Terry's wife, and so Anne will seek her revenge by targeting Eva, Gideon's intended wife?

One possible lure-bitter-enemies-out-of-the-shadows scenario? That the marriage vows created a threat to GidEva's future, because Anne and/or Terry Lucas will attempt to destroy the marriage?Gideon marrying Eva gives Terry/Anne motive to want to hurt her? Motive they would not have had if everyone believed Eva was in the Dumped By Gideon Sisterhood?

We don't know how recently Anne had the affair with Gideon, and we don't know when it was Hugh killed himself. But I cannot see Gideon s c r e w i n g Anne after she lost a sibling to suicide. I can see Gideon feeling even more guilty about hurting Anne if the sequence of events was breaking Anne's heart and then Anne's brother dying.

From the back cover of the book, " ...  the familiar safety of the lives we’d had before each other."

Does this mean that Gideon will definitely decide to keep the marriage a secret? Eva had been relatively safe before she became his girlfriend. It was the relationship that put her into the spotlight and thus in danger, because the publicity lured Nathan out of the shadows. Does Gideon fear Eva being his wife makes her even more of a target? Because as Mrs. Cross, she would be permanently in the spotlight.

If Gideon does decide in Captivated By You to keep the marriage secret, will that decision come because of some new danger to Eva he finds out about? Because at the very end of Entwined With You, it seemed like Eva's wish to make her mother happy with a big wedding was the only reason he was keeping the secret.

He's openly wearing a wedding ring, and if it was up to him, he'd tell the whole world Eva was his forever? Like right away? With lots of pictures in the magazines? So people like Brett Kline would slink back into the shadows right now? But then something happens in Captivated By You to make Gideon suddenly afraid for Eva? Maybe afraid enough for Gideon to rethink subjecting Eva to a celebrity marriage, something that creates a risk to her for the rest of her life? After all, the reason he killed Nathan was he thought it was the only way to keep Eva safe for the rest of her life?

I just finished all3 books for the 4th time. I really scare myself with this. Anyway, if CBY doesn't come out soon, we will all be scary.

Some things are a little clearer. First, I think Eva told her mom they were engaged when they were getting ready for the benefit. She says something like might as well start the ball rolling (about the engagement) and then the chapter ends. That made more sense. This way Monica, Cary, and Trey all know. Monica then tells Stanton in the limo on the way. The biggies know. So does Lizzie by the end of the dinner and with that ring, the whole world knows.

Second, I think Anne and Terry may be separated. He was not at the benefit. She had a whole new look. She never got over Gideon as is evident when she tells Eva she knows of 2 women who were seriously depressed when he dumped them and goes after Cary of all the men there. An affair is one thing but knowing all this is serious stalking.

I am more sure than ever that what went on with Gideon and Deanna is far beyond what either G or D said. They seem way too chummy.

And, Betty, you are so right. Gideon was more than clear with Corinne. She was obviously sleeping with her husband if she was pregnant and pretty recently. I am not so sure she was as much in love with G as she didn't want anyone else to have him. He could screw around all he wanted but as soon as he made a commitment and was in love, Corinne goes whacky. If I can't have him no one will.

Seriously, G must have some major skills. lol. Anne, Deanna, Corinne all nutso after having been with him. Add Maggie who was also in love with him. And that's just the ones we know. Not to be crude but his d ick is like crack.

I just finished all3 books for the 4th time. I really scare myself with this. Anyway, if CBY doesn't come out soon, we will all be scary.

Some things are a little clearer. First, I think Eva told her mom they were engaged when they were getting ready for the benefit. She says something like might as well start the ball rolling (about the engagement) and then the chapter ends. That made more sense. This way Monica, Cary, and Trey all know. Monica then tells Stanton in the limo on the way. The biggies know. So does Lizzie by the end of the dinner and with that ring, the whole world knows.

Second, I think Anne and Terry may be separated. He was not at the benefit. She had a whole new look. She never got over Gideon as is evident when she tells Eva she knows of 2 women who were seriously depressed when he dumped them and goes after Cary of all the men there. An affair is one thing but knowing all this is serious stalking.

I am more sure than ever that what went on with Gideon and Deanna is far beyond what either G or D said. They seem way too chummy.

And, Betty, you are so right. Gideon was more than clear with Corinne. She was obviously sleeping with her husband if she was pregnant and pretty recently. I am not so sure she was as much in love with G as she didn't want anyone else to have him. He could screw around all he wanted but as soon as he made a commitment and was in love, Corinne goes whacky. If I can't have him no one will.

Seriously, G must have some major skills. lol. Anne, Deanna, Corinne all nutso after having been with him. Add Maggie who was also in love with him. And that's just the ones we know. Not to be crude but his d ick is like crack.

Great theory about Terry and Anne being separated. It's pretty clear Anne was minus Terry at that benefit the last night of Entwined With You, the night GidEva appeared publicly for the first time as an engaged couple. Now that I remember, Terry appeared without Anne at the Waldorf dinner -- he sat at the table, talking to a miserable Eva during the entire meal while Corrine monopolized Gideon's attention. As soon as the meal was over, Terry invited Eva to accompany him to the bar so he could buy her a drink. Most definitely, Terry was alone. So if the Lucases are separated, how long ago did it happen? Did Anne leave Terry over Gideon anyway, even though Gideon dumped her?

Poor Maggie never got any. No wonder she was so mean to Eva in the ladies room -- Maggie clearly could see Eva got some before the advocacy center dinner. Cary was right the next day - Maggie was sexually frustrated as well as jealous, which explains why she sank her claws into Eva. Our Gideon does know a thousand ways to make a woman come. Major skills indeed. And though not every woman gets his, ahem, inside of her, we know Deanna did, just once. Or at least that's what he told Eva.

Corrine most certainly got years of his, ahem, inside her. It's a safe bet Anne did get him inside too, because he calculatedly was working her to the point where she'd tell her husband Terry she wanted a divorce? But who knows, maybe Gideon was doing everything but THAT with Anne, and THAT was the prize he was dangling in front of her to get her to ask Terry for a divorce? Maybe driving her wild with toys but holding back his, er, tool, until she agreed to leave her husband?

Glh I thought that to of Gideon and deanna at first ,but why would she lie to Eva she wanted to get back at Eva for what ever reason so I can't see her lying .Telling her the truth would only hurt her like she wanted to( in my own opinion)..I can't see any secret between them (so far) that would make sense anyway..And also I don't think they had actual sex I thought it was toys he was using with her??

Hi All! longtime lurker....also going crazy waiting for the book release...

just some thoughts that I haven't seen covered here yet that i'm curious about. Tatiana Churlin (sp) seems like a really russian sounding name to me and I believe they said Cary was threatened to stay away from her, i wonder if that's the russian mob connection to Cary, especially since he was hit when she wasn't around.

I believe that Sylvia has already said we haven't seen the last of Corrinne yet, i don't know how much more nuts this girl is going to get but i assume we will find out quickly. Has anyone else seen Confessions of a shopaholic, the leggy girl from Elit magazine reminds me of Corrine so much. I read earlier that there was speculation here that Elizabeth had given Gideon her ring assuming that he would give it to Corrine but I don't understand why anyone would think she got another ring when she already had one from him.

Anne Lucus seems to be a headcase too, what woman would sleep with any man who caused her brother to commit suicide, she seems like she's going to play a big roll in the next book, especially with her get rubbed off by Cary at the last party.

just some thoughts i've had in my head...hopefully the book is released soon all this speculating is driving me nuts

Welcome Costiegirl. I made the comment about the ring. I believe that Elizabeth would have thought Gideon wanted to give his girl a special ring. Since the last engagement was broken a new start would be appropriate. She didn't know about Eva since I believe that at the time Gideon got the ring, the world thought he had dumped Eva and was back with Corinne.

I hate to be a downer here, but I have a real bad feeling that if we don't get a release date really soon (like this week!), that CBY won't be out before Christmas. I hope I am wrong, or that the release date is announced soon, but I am starting to get a bad feeling.

I have a couple thoughts after reading over some of the newer comments here. 

Deanna – 1 don’t think her relationship with Gideon is any more than Gideon said.  He used her to get rid of Anne Lucas.  “She was a mistake in every sense.  She made herself available once, and I make it a rule to avoid overly eager women a second time.† He didn’t really want her and he treated her like a w h ore.  Deanna was by his treatment of her.  “He answered the phone,†she hissed, “before he was done.  He answered the f**king phone and started talking about an inspection at one of his properties.  Midconversation he looked at me lying there waiting for him and he said, “you can go.â€

How embarrassing for her.  I can see why she held a grudge and so did Eva. 

After Corrine’s attempted suicide Gideon was feeling bad and realized Eva was right about his treatment of Deanna and he apologized.  Deanna accepted and gave her the information about the s ex video.

Deanna is a reporter.  Sam Yimara put out feelers to sell the video; a reporter would have access to that type of information.  My guess is that she stopped by Gideon’s table at the charity dinner to give him more information that she found.  At this point she wants to keep Gideon as a source.  Deanna is a freelance reporter.  She doesn’t make money if she can’t find a story that she can sell.  She may still want Gideon but there isn’t anything there and Gideon made that clear to her.  He told her that Eva is the one.  Eva said to Gideon“That woman’s hot for you.  She can’t have been happy about you being off the market.  Permanently.† “There is a point at which it becomes clear there’s no hope.†Gideon responded.

In my opinion Gideon is going to use (in a good way) Deanna to get information out that he wants out. I know I won't change anyone's mind if you want to hate her but I don't think she is as bad as she first appeared.

just some thoughts that I haven't seen covered here yet that i'm curious about. Tatiana Churlin (sp) seems like a really russian sounding name to me and I believe they said Cary was threatened to stay away from her, i wonder if that's the russian mob connection to Cary, especially since he was hit when she wasn't around.

I believe that Sylvia has already said we haven't seen the last of Corrinne yet, i don't know how much more nuts this girl is going to get but i assume we will find out quickly. Has anyone else seen Confessions of a shopaholic, the leggy girl from Elit magazine reminds me of Corrine so much. I read earlier that there was speculation here that Elizabeth had given Gideon her ring assuming that he would give it to Corrine but I don't understand why anyone would think she got another ring when she already had one from him.

Anne Lucus seems to be a headcase too, what woman would sleep with any man who caused her brother to commit suicide, she seems like she's going to play a big roll in the next book, especially with her get rubbed off by Cary at the last party.

just some thoughts i've had in my head...hopefully the book is released soon all this speculating is driving me nuts

Welcome to the forum,

I believe that the Russian mob connection is a ruse and the police think so too.  It doesn't really make sense but I feel that Clancy set up the evidence to protect Gideon.  Tatiana is a model and she doesn’t have anything to do with the mob.  Cary was beaten by Nathan because he thought Cary was sleeping with Eva.  There isn't any evidence that she is involved with any gangsters.  Tatiana is a gold digger, IMO, and she sees Cary as someone with connections. Tatiana wasn’t around when Cary was hit because Nathan was stalking him waiting for his chance to strike.

You are correct Corrine will be back per Sylvia.  She is a part of Gideon’s story and therefore she will be around to tell Gideon’s story.  I’m sure there was something kinky about their relationship and we will find out what that is in the next book and maybe more in the fifth book. 

Anne Lucas.  From what we learned from Gideon I don’t think Lucas ever told Anne about Hugh.  As Gideon said he was protecting Anne because he loved her and to protect her he threw young Gideon to the wolf.  Anne is crazy and I took from Gideon’s conversation with Eva that her whole family is a bunch of crazy psychiatrists.  The thing is that Anne is crazy enough to be dangerous. 

I disagree completely that Anne was ever Liz’s doctor.  Gideon would step in and put an end to it if she was taking care of his mother now.  If she were the doctor when he was a child there is no way that he would have had a fling with her because she would be a trigger.  He definitely would remember her and associate her with his abuse.

My final comment today. 

I know we have all come up with some far out ideas (I know I have) about what is going to happen next and I wanted to put my thoughts out there. 

From all the interviews, signings, etc.  that I've seen with Sylvia she wanted this series to be a realistic story about two very damaged human beings meeting, falling in love, saving each other and finally having their happy ever after. 

I know the Russian mob twist appears to be way out there for many but if you think about Clancy's connection to the FBI it isn't really.  Clancy feels very guilty because he didn't keep close tabs on Cary.  I believe and, I think Clancy believes, Gideon never would have killed Nathan if Nathan hadn't beaten Cary so badly. It was that beating that made Gideon see how dangerous Nathan was to Eva. As a result Clancy is trying to protect Eva & Gideon's future.

Neither Gideon nor Eva had healthy relationships before they found each other.  The Eva/Brett relationship is a representation of Eva's bad choices.  He used her and Eva allowed it because she didn't feel she was worthy of anything better.  As much as she wanted to be loved she didn't know how to love or be loved.  She thought wild s ex was love but it was only physical nothing else. It was this insecurity that put her in a position to be filmed by Sam.  She was and is an exhibitionist.  The difference with Gideon, he protects her and doesn't allow her nature to hurt her.  He takes her in a private room in the night club that  allows her to see all the people around her but no one sees her.  Brett didn't protect Eva. 

Gideon/Corinne relationship wasn't healthy either.  Gideon didn't know how to love a woman.  As much as Corrine wanted him he never let her in and he was happy when she left.  Gideon didn't want to hurt Corrine because he always felt he used her from the git go.  Gideon thought he could be friends with Corrine after she was married but, unfortunately for Gideon, she still loved him and never really let him go. 

Both of these situations are very believable and realistic representations of the issues that face abused children when they become adults.  Gideon is a very public person add to that the fact that he is hot, hot, hot and there are many women who are going to chase him and they did.  Gideon used women when he needed s ex but he never let anyone in before Eva. They complete each other. 

There are still a lot of issues that they need to resolve including Christopher, Anne, Brett, Corrine and Liz but I believe that Sylvia will make the story real and not a crazy fantasy. 

I still believe that we will get Captivated by the end of the year.  I believe Sylvia even if she is still keeping quiet.

Hi Costiesgirl,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

I have a couple thoughts after reading over some of the newer comments here. 

Deanna – 1 don’t think her relationship with Gideon is any more than Gideon said.  He used her to get rid of Anne Lucas.  “She was a mistake in every sense.  She made herself available once, and I make it a rule to avoid overly eager women a second time.† He didn’t really want her and he treated her like a w h ore.  Deanna was ###### by his treatment of her.  “He answered the phone,†she hissed, “before he was done.  He answered the f**king phone and started talking about an inspection at one of his properties.  Midconversation he looked at me lying there waiting for him and he said, “you can go.â€

How embarrassing for her.  I can see why she held a grudge and so did Eva. 

After Corrine’s attempted suicide Gideon was feeling bad and realized Eva was right about his treatment of Deanna and he apologized.  Deanna accepted and gave her the information about the s ex video.

Deanna is a reporter.  Sam Yimara put out feelers to sell the video; a reporter would have access to that type of information.  My guess is that she stopped by Gideon’s table at the charity dinner to give him more information that she found.  At this point she wants to keep Gideon as a source.  Deanna is a freelance reporter.  She doesn’t make money if she can’t find a story that she can sell.  She may still want Gideon but there isn’t anything there and Gideon made that clear to her.  He told her that Eva is the one.  Eva said to Gideon“That woman’s hot for you.  She can’t have been happy about you being off the market.  Permanently.† “There is a point at which it becomes clear there’s no hope.†Gideon responded.

In my opinion Gideon is going to use (in a good way) Deanna to get information out that he wants out. I know I won't change anyone's mind if you want to hate her but I don't think she is as bad as she first appeared.

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the information about Deanna's specific occupation. I wasn't sure exactly what type of reporter she was. :)

My final comment today. 

I know we have all come up with some far out ideas (I know I have) about what is going to happen next and I wanted to put my thoughts out there. 

From all the interviews, signings, etc.  that I've seen with Sylvia she wanted this series to be a realistic story about two very damaged human beings meeting, falling in love, saving each other and finally having their happy ever after. 

I know the Russian mob twist appears to be way out there for many but if you think about Clancy's connection to the FBI it isn't really.  Clancy feels very guilty because he didn't keep close tabs on Cary.  I believe and, I think Clancy believes, Gideon never would have killed Nathan if Nathan hadn't beaten Cary so badly. It was that beating that made Gideon see how dangerous Nathan was to Eva. As a result Clancy is trying to protect Eva & Gideon's future.

Neither Gideon nor Eva had healthy relationships before they found each other.  The Eva/Brett relationship is a representation of Eva's bad choices.  He used her and Eva allowed it because she didn't feel she was worthy of anything better.  As much as she wanted to be loved she didn't know how to love or be loved.  She thought wild s ex was love but it was only physical nothing else. It was this insecurity that put her in a position to be filmed by Sam.  She was and is an exhibitionist.  The difference with Gideon, he protects her and doesn't allow her nature to hurt her.  He takes her in a private room in the night club that  allows her to see all the people around her but no one sees her.  Brett didn't protect Eva. 

Gideon/Corinne relationship wasn't healthy either.  Gideon didn't know how to love a woman.  As much as Corrine wanted him he never let her in and he was happy when she left.  Gideon didn't want to hurt Corrine because he always felt he used her from the git go.  Gideon thought he could be friends with Corrine after she was married but, unfortunately for Gideon, she still loved him and never really let him go. 

Both of these situations are very believable and realistic representations of the issues that face abused children when they become adults.  Gideon is a very public person add to that the fact that he is hot, hot, hot and there are many women who are going to chase him and they did.  Gideon used women when he needed s ex but he never let anyone in before Eva. They complete each other. 

There are still a lot of issues that they need to resolve including Christopher, Anne, Brett, Corrine and Liz but I believe that Sylvia will make the story real and not a crazy fantasy. 

I still believe that we will get Captivated by the end of the year.  I believe Sylvia even if she is still keeping quiet.

Hi Sharon,

You make a really good point about Brett not protecting Eva.  Gideon allows Eva to be herself, while still protecting her.  :)

Wow, so many theories on the table, where to start .... Russian mob, I guess. Eva is smart and has got great instincts she must have inherited from her cop father? She sure didn't get good instincts from Mommica. Her cop's daughter instincts thought it made no sense Nathan was connected to a sex trafficker. Detective Graves and her partner seem to doubt it too? But Nathan's sex-offender status might make outsiders believe it's possible he could be tied to one? After all, sex traffickers are criminals who victimize women/children. So whoever picked the dead mobster to take the fall chose well?

The crucial connection is between Gideon and the yet-to-be revealed person who gave Gideon a "get out of jail free card." Clancy does make sense because of his FBI connection, and I see a lot of posters subscribe to that theory. Angus too, because of his connection to Britain's foreign spy agency?  Both body guards were protecting Eva, and we know Clancy was tailing Nathan. But Angus also would know Gideon's movements, because Angus is his chief bodyguard? Angus protected GidEva both. Whoever stole the bracelet from the corpse in the hotel was either watching Nathan or watching Gideon?

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. The anticipation is killing me. Pun intended. Who planted the bracelet? And why? Please let us find out in Captivated By You and not continue to wonder until the last book. Whoever did it was a Friend of GidEva and not a bitter enemy lured out of the shadows, another blackmailer?