"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Hi All! longtime lurker....also going crazy waiting for the book release...

just some thoughts that I haven't seen covered here yet that i'm curious about. Tatiana Churlin (sp) seems like a really russian sounding name to me and I believe they said Cary was threatened to stay away from her, i wonder if that's the russian mob connection to Cary, especially since he was hit when she wasn't around.

I believe that Sylvia has already said we haven't seen the last of Corrinne yet, i don't know how much more nuts this girl is going to get but i assume we will find out quickly. Has anyone else seen Confessions of a shopaholic, the leggy girl from Elit magazine reminds me of Corrine so much. I read earlier that there was speculation here that Elizabeth had given Gideon her ring assuming that he would give it to Corrine but I don't understand why anyone would think she got another ring when she already had one from him.

Anne Lucus seems to be a headcase too, what woman would sleep with any man who caused her brother to commit suicide, she seems like she's going to play a big roll in the next book, especially with her get rubbed off by Cary at the last party.

just some thoughts i've had in my head...hopefully the book is released soon all this speculating is driving me nuts

Oh no, Sylvia hinted somewhere we haven't seen the last of Corrine? Corrine's not going to take a hint Gideon is "just not that into her?" Take a hike? Well, the b i t c h did take something, a whole bottle of pills. To hurt Gideon, her ultimate guilt trip on the guy? I had hoped Jean-Francois and she were going to hop a flight to Paris ealy in the story.

So if Corrine is sticking around, then a theory I was voicing a few days ago about an Anne-Corrine connection makes sense. Anne was the psychiatrist prescribing pills to Corrine? And now, instead of getting out of intensive care and immediately leaving New York, Corrine is going to go from intensive care to the psych ward? With Anne still as her doctor and having even more control over Corrine? And Dr. Anne now having direct contact with Jean-Francois, as the patient's legal next of kin? Because the doctor in the emergency room chose Jean-Francois as Corrine's husband to discuss her condition instead of her parents. So Anne now could manipulate Jean-Francois too? Make him even more of a bitter enemy of Gideon?

Well, the Girouxs taking a fast hike to France would be too simple, and the Crossfire plots are anything but simple. That's why I'm hooked on them instead of the Fifty Shades books. Yeah, the erotica is hawt in both. But Crossfire also is a crime mystery story, not just a romance story.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, yeah, Fifty Shades does have some crime plot. The crazy ex-boss obsessed with Anatasia, and technically, "Mrs. Robinson" was a sex offender for getting it on with a teenager under the legal age.

But in Crossfire, we have: Nathan murdered, GidEva both raped as children, Hugh the pedophile as a suicide, Geoffrey the Ponzi schemer as a suicide, Corrine the stalker as a suicide attempt, the Russian mob, blackmailers, a pediatrician who broke the law to cover up a crime, a reporter willing to break ethics by deliberately smearing a celebrity for revenge,  a psycho shrink willing to break ethics to mentally manipulate one or more of her ex-lover's girlfriends/fiancees for revenge.

Did I miss anything else down and dirty, and by that I don't mean k i n k y, I mean criminal? Oh yeah, we've got cops as important characters. And armed bodyguards.

My final comment today. 

I know we have all come up with some far out ideas (I know I have) about what is going to happen next and I wanted to put my thoughts out there. 

From all the interviews, signings, etc.  that I've seen with Sylvia she wanted this series to be a realistic story about two very damaged human beings meeting, falling in love, saving each other and finally having their happy ever after. 

I know the Russian mob twist appears to be way out there for many but if you think about Clancy's connection to the FBI it isn't really.  Clancy feels very guilty because he didn't keep close tabs on Cary.  I believe and, I think Clancy believes, Gideon never would have killed Nathan if Nathan hadn't beaten Cary so badly. It was that beating that made Gideon see how dangerous Nathan was to Eva. As a result Clancy is trying to protect Eva & Gideon's future.

Neither Gideon nor Eva had healthy relationships before they found each other.  The Eva/Brett relationship is a representation of Eva's bad choices.  He used her and Eva allowed it because she didn't feel she was worthy of anything better.  As much as she wanted to be loved she didn't know how to love or be loved.  She thought wild s ex was love but it was only physical nothing else. It was this insecurity that put her in a position to be filmed by Sam.  She was and is an exhibitionist.  The difference with Gideon, he protects her and doesn't allow her nature to hurt her.  He takes her in a private room in the night club that  allows her to see all the people around her but no one sees her.  Brett didn't protect Eva. 

Gideon/Corinne relationship wasn't healthy either.  Gideon didn't know how to love a woman.  As much as Corrine wanted him he never let her in and he was happy when she left.  Gideon didn't want to hurt Corrine because he always felt he used her from the git go.  Gideon thought he could be friends with Corrine after she was married but, unfortunately for Gideon, she still loved him and never really let him go. 

Both of these situations are very believable and realistic representations of the issues that face abused children when they become adults.  Gideon is a very public person add to that the fact that he is hot, hot, hot and there are many women who are going to chase him and they did.  Gideon used women when he needed s ex but he never let anyone in before Eva. They complete each other. 

There are still a lot of issues that they need to resolve including Christopher, Anne, Brett, Corrine and Liz but I believe that Sylvia will make the story real and not a crazy fantasy. 

I still believe that we will get Captivated by the end of the year.  I believe Sylvia even if she is still keeping quiet.

You are right on. I too believe we will have CBY by Christmas or no later than New Year's Eve, and some questions will be answered and others will bring on more questions. By the time book 5 comes along, Gideon and Eva will have been thru ###### and back, but their love for each other will trump everything else that has gone on in their previous relationships. They will get their "happily ever after". I'm sure of it. 

A holiday season release of Captivated By You could make $$$$ sense to the publisher, because the Christmas holidays is the biggest retail time of the year. Including for bookstores. Entwined With You was released in the summer, which is an important $$$$ retail time for books - the summer reading thing. I understand the reason Sylvia has not said a public peep yet about the Captivated By You release date is she does not want to see us fans go through the same torture of the Entwined With You release date getting moved. Makes sense too Penguin publishing doesn't want to go through the same fan fury about the Entwined With You date shifting. Penguin, not Sylvia, controls the release date. But Sylvia and her agent must know. The back cover has already been designed, and Sylvia started this forum thread specifically to tell us about the back cover. So we must be getting close to when she will tell us about the release date. And hopefully, it'll be a date soon -- like telling us Christmas week instead of telling us next summer.

Santa, all I want for Christmas is Captivated By You. OK and maybe Gideon Cross coming down the, er, chimney? But Eva already unwrapped him like a Christmas present in the summer, and no way will she ever re-gift that guy. Can I have Victor Reyes? I'll do my best to help him get over Monica. Or how about a one-night-stand with Brett Kline? Say, New Year's Eve?

My final comment today. 

I know we have all come up with some far out ideas (I know I have) about what is going to happen next and I wanted to put my thoughts out there. 

From all the interviews, signings, etc.  that I've seen with Sylvia she wanted this series to be a realistic story about two very damaged human beings meeting, falling in love, saving each other and finally having their happy ever after. 

I know the Russian mob twist appears to be way out there for many but if you think about Clancy's connection to the FBI it isn't really.  Clancy feels very guilty because he didn't keep close tabs on Cary.  I believe and, I think Clancy believes, Gideon never would have killed Nathan if Nathan hadn't beaten Cary so badly. It was that beating that made Gideon see how dangerous Nathan was to Eva. As a result Clancy is trying to protect Eva & Gideon's future.

Neither Gideon nor Eva had healthy relationships before they found each other.  The Eva/Brett relationship is a representation of Eva's bad choices.  He used her and Eva allowed it because she didn't feel she was worthy of anything better.  As much as she wanted to be loved she didn't know how to love or be loved.  She thought wild s ex was love but it was only physical nothing else. It was this insecurity that put her in a position to be filmed by Sam.  She was and is an exhibitionist.  The difference with Gideon, he protects her and doesn't allow her nature to hurt her.  He takes her in a private room in the night club that  allows her to see all the people around her but no one sees her.  Brett didn't protect Eva. 

Gideon/Corinne relationship wasn't healthy either.  Gideon didn't know how to love a woman.  As much as Corrine wanted him he never let her in and he was happy when she left.  Gideon didn't want to hurt Corrine because he always felt he used her from the git go.  Gideon thought he could be friends with Corrine after she was married but, unfortunately for Gideon, she still loved him and never really let him go. 

Both of these situations are very believable and realistic representations of the issues that face abused children when they become adults.  Gideon is a very public person add to that the fact that he is hot, hot, hot and there are many women who are going to chase him and they did.  Gideon used women when he needed s ex but he never let anyone in before Eva. They complete each other. 

There are still a lot of issues that they need to resolve including Christopher, Anne, Brett, Corrine and Liz but I believe that Sylvia will make the story real and not a crazy fantasy. 

I still believe that we will get Captivated by the end of the year.  I believe Sylvia even if she is still keeping quiet.

My final comment for the day

The exhibitionist idea turns Eva on, maybe specifically having sex with Gideon, because it's a way for her to show others he belongs to her? She's got a transportation fetish too, and has that come back to haunt - the sex tape? From the Brett-Eva back story, we know that all those years ago, she s c r e w e d his brains out in the backseat of his car behind a bar. Then they went into the bar together to hang with the guys. She ended up overhearing Brett laughing about her to someone in the band. That was the straw that broke the camel's back, why she disappeared.

So was Sam Yimara, videographer for the band at the time, one of the guys at the bar that night? Is that when he got the chance to secretly tape Eva with Brett in the back seat? The official Golden music video includes a clip of the actor/actress playing Brett/Eva in the back seat. Sam's X-rated version of Golden, does that include a real clip of the real Brett/Eva in the back seat?

If the sex tape does include back seat sex, has Gideon seen it? He told Eva he did watch some of the tape, enough to make sure the tape was authentic. So if there is back seat stuff, and Gideon saw it, is that image now burning in his mind, driving him crazy with insecurity and jealousy? Because where was the first place he and Eva made love? A back seat. And it was there in that back seat where his feelings for Eva changed from strong physical attraction to him falling in love.

OK, just one more post today, because the latest discussion got the wheels spinning in my head, including how did Deanna find out about the Eva-Brett sex tape and that the guy who made it, Sam Yimara, was trying to sell it?

If Sam was looking to sell it to a tabloid like the National Enquirer, he would contact the publisher/editor directly. They're the people to negotiate the legal rights and the price. Why go through some freelancer, like Deanna, who does not work directly for a specific tabloid? Deanna would be looking for a slice of the money herself? Why use her when Sam can go direct to the buyer and cut out any middleman? Er, middlewoman. Possible, but I've got an alternate theory I think works - blackmail? Bear with me here.

A recurring theme in the novels has been rich men willing to pay money to keep things hidden from the press. Stanton paying money to tighten the secrecy about Nathan having raped Eva. Gideon paying that guy he punched a confidential settlement to stop him from talking to Deanna. Blackmail is a recurring theme, too. Nathan blackmailing Gideon and Stanton. Gideon afraid that whoever gave him the "get out of jail free card" might have a blackmail motive. And in a reverse form of blackmail, Gideon threatening to use his money to expose Hugh if Hugh were to work with children ever again.

Theory: Sam tried to blackmail Vidal Records? The record label, even more than the band, might be hurt by an X-rated version of the Golden music video?  Vidal Records is the one with the money pockets, not Six-Ninths. As an added bonus, Sam could have revenge against the label and the band for leaving him in the dust when Six-Ninths got their big record deal and became famous? Though Gideon owns most of the company, Chris Sr. and Christopher Jr. are the ones who run it, and they're the ones a blackmailing Sam would approach? Threaten them with the thought of other potential buyers out there, and so the sex tape would be sold to whoever would pay the most? That's the blackmail leverage - if you don't buy this tape, I'll sell it to someone else?

So where does Ms. Deanna fit into this puzzle? We know she had been approaching people she thinks might want some sort of revenge against Gideon. Like Eva and Magdalene. And Corrine the instant Gideon showed public signs of trying to win back Eva. Does Deanna know about the bitter rivalry Christopher Jr. has against his brother? Because she has been covering society events? Deanna knows about the fist-fight between Gideon and Brett. Lizzie supposedly knows "all about" Eva and Brett. Who is one person who could have told both women about such dirt? Christopher Jr.  

So does Deanna think Christopher is part of the - gonna make up a name here - Wants Revenge Against Gideon Society? And has been trying to pump him for dirt, like she tried (unsuccessfully) with Eva and Magdalene? But please, if anyone can come up with a better name, it's this community. Like GidEva. And Sylvia coined "Dumped By Gideon Sisterhood." Can we coin a phrase for the enemy camp?

Yes, something that does not make sense - why would Christopher Jr. want a reporter like Deanna to do a story about the sex tape even though the smart thing for Vidal Records would be to suppress the sex tape? Christopher has a history of making dumb business decisions that have almost run the label into the ground. The reason why Gideon bought control of the company was to save it from going under. Chris Sr. asks Gideon for advice. But then Christopher Jr. does what he wants. So maybe Christopher is making the mistake that the sex tape could help drive sales of Golden?

Hi All! longtime lurker....also going crazy waiting for the book release...

just some thoughts that I haven't seen covered here yet that i'm curious about. Tatiana Churlin (sp) seems like a really russian sounding name to me and I believe they said Cary was threatened to stay away from her, i wonder if that's the russian mob connection to Cary, especially since he was hit when she wasn't around.

I believe that Sylvia has already said we haven't seen the last of Corrinne yet, i don't know how much more nuts this girl is going to get but i assume we will find out quickly. Has anyone else seen Confessions of a shopaholic, the leggy girl from Elit magazine reminds me of Corrine so much. I read earlier that there was speculation here that Elizabeth had given Gideon her ring assuming that he would give it to Corrine but I don't understand why anyone would think she got another ring when she already had one from him.

Anne Lucus seems to be a headcase too, what woman would sleep with any man who caused her brother to commit suicide, she seems like she's going to play a big roll in the next book, especially with her get rubbed off by Cary at the last party.

just some thoughts i've had in my head...hopefully the book is released soon all this speculating is driving me nuts

Hi Costiesgirl, welcome to the forum. Like yourself, we are all waiting for the next book to be released & posts from fellow members help to put many speculations into focus. Enjoy the forum & hopefully we won't have too wait too much longer!

Welcome Costiegirl. I made the comment about the ring. I believe that Elizabeth would have thought Gideon wanted to give his girl a special ring. Since the last engagement was broken a new start would be appropriate. She didn't know about Eva since I believe that at the time Gideon got the ring, the world thought he had dumped Eva and was back with Corinne.

I hate to be a downer here, but I have a real bad feeling that if we don't get a release date really soon (like this week!), that CBY won't be out before Christmas. I hope I am wrong, or that the release date is announced soon, but I am starting to get a bad feeling.

Hi Avid_reader, I can't speak for the USA or other parts of the world but in Canada Sylvia Day's "Afterburn & Aftershock" are being released on Nov. 12 of this year. I am hoping that leaves December wide open for the release of "Captivated". Wishful thinking...desperation on my part...or maybe I have a screw loose??? Anyway, I hope I hope I hope!!!

I have a couple thoughts after reading over some of the newer comments here. 

Deanna – 1 don’t think her relationship with Gideon is any more than Gideon said.  He used her to get rid of Anne Lucas.  “She was a mistake in every sense.  She made herself available once, and I make it a rule to avoid overly eager women a second time.† He didn’t really want her and he treated her like a w h ore.  Deanna was ###### by his treatment of her.  “He answered the phone,†she hissed, “before he was done.  He answered the f**king phone and started talking about an inspection at one of his properties.  Midconversation he looked at me lying there waiting for him and he said, “you can go.â€

How embarrassing for her.  I can see why she held a grudge and so did Eva. 

After Corrine’s attempted suicide Gideon was feeling bad and realized Eva was right about his treatment of Deanna and he apologized.  Deanna accepted and gave her the information about the s ex video.

Deanna is a reporter.  Sam Yimara put out feelers to sell the video; a reporter would have access to that type of information.  My guess is that she stopped by Gideon’s table at the charity dinner to give him more information that she found.  At this point she wants to keep Gideon as a source.  Deanna is a freelance reporter.  She doesn’t make money if she can’t find a story that she can sell.  She may still want Gideon but there isn’t anything there and Gideon made that clear to her.  He told her that Eva is the one.  Eva said to Gideon“That woman’s hot for you.  She can’t have been happy about you being off the market.  Permanently.† “There is a point at which it becomes clear there’s no hope.†Gideon responded.

In my opinion Gideon is going to use (in a good way) Deanna to get information out that he wants out. I know I won't change anyone's mind if you want to hate her but I don't think she is as bad as she first appeared.

Hi Sharonm745, you have made valid points about Deanna & her relationship with Gideon. I agree with everything you say...but...I still feel in my gut that Deanna still wants to get even with Gideon for treating her like a sl*t. (even if these feelings of hers come & go), I don't think she's completely over his behavior. Hopefully we'll all find out soon.

well girls I am back from my holiday  and you guys have been busy!!

first....Deanna may have been waiting outside of Eva's apartment the night that Gideon left the dinner chasing Eva, but Cary did state that he was the one that accompanied Ian to the Dr to fix his nose and that he would keep tabs on the situation.so, Cary had to have been there with Ian and they would not have talked to Deanna, unless she got to Ian after everything was over....

also, we don't know who the redhead is....probably Anne, but we don't know for sure...in the first book Sylvia did state that the redhead that talked to Eva was not Anne.  I can't see Gideon having a fling with Anne knowing she was the main Dr. treating his mom when he was young.  Maybe Christopher started getting abused after Gideon, but we don't know when and how Gideon's abuse ended or lasted....  furthermore, I don't see Anne as being Corinne's DR.  Gideon would have seen the name on the RX bottle

i have rambled on enough...but we do have a lot of questions and I am a little sad not to have any news about a release of CBY

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to quickly confirm a couple of things:

1.  Is Deanna the same character in the Crossfire Series as the same Deanna in the Afterburn/Aftershock series?  Did Sylvia confirm this?

2.  Does Deanna know that there is a connection between Eva and Nathan and if she does, then who tipped her off?  Isn't Deanna supposed to be a gossip columnist (correct me if I am wrong)?  Why would she even be interested in Nathan's murder? 

If someone could just confirm those two points, it would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

GiGi  :)

Deanna is a free lance journalist . I assume she sells her stories to major magazines such as Vanity Fair and the like. I do not think that classifies her as a gossip columnist.

I have a couple thoughts after reading over some of the newer comments here. 

Deanna – 1 don’t think her relationship with Gideon is any more than Gideon said.  He used her to get rid of Anne Lucas.  “She was a mistake in every sense.  She made herself available once, and I make it a rule to avoid overly eager women a second time.† He didn’t really want her and he treated her like a w h ore.  Deanna was ###### by his treatment of her.  “He answered the phone,†she hissed, “before he was done.  He answered the f**king phone and started talking about an inspection at one of his properties.  Midconversation he looked at me lying there waiting for him and he said, “you can go.â€

How embarrassing for her.  I can see why she held a grudge and so did Eva. 

After Corrine’s attempted suicide Gideon was feeling bad and realized Eva was right about his treatment of Deanna and he apologized.  Deanna accepted and gave her the information about the s ex video.

Deanna is a reporter.  Sam Yimara put out feelers to sell the video; a reporter would have access to that type of information.  My guess is that she stopped by Gideon’s table at the charity dinner to give him more information that she found.  At this point she wants to keep Gideon as a source.  Deanna is a freelance reporter.  She doesn’t make money if she can’t find a story that she can sell.  She may still want Gideon but there isn’t anything there and Gideon made that clear to her.  He told her that Eva is the one.  Eva said to Gideon“That woman’s hot for you.  She can’t have been happy about you being off the market.  Permanently.† “There is a point at which it becomes clear there’s no hope.†Gideon responded.

In my opinion Gideon is going to use (in a good way) Deanna to get information out that he wants out. I know I won't change anyone's mind if you want to hate her but I don't think she is as bad as she first appeared.

Hi Sharonm745, you have made valid points about Deanna & her relationship with Gideon. I agree with everything you say...but...I still feel in my gut that Deanna still wants to get even with Gideon for treating her like a sl*t. (even if these feelings of hers come & go), I don't think she's completely over his behavior. Hopefully we'll all find out soon.

My gut, too, says Deanna, is nowhere near finished being angry. The only question is, how might that anger play out?

I think she is one of the characters whom GidEva's love " ...  lured bitter enemies out of the shadows ... " Too, the back cover of Captivated By You mentions " ...  the darkness of his past encroached ..." Before Eva's love opened him up, he coldly compartmentalized sex? Because of his dark past -- self-protection is what made him rigid? Add the fact he could be really clueless about women. This is what led to him physically using and thoughtlessly emotionally mistreating Deanna during their one-night-stand. He never meant to hurt her. But she got hurt, badly. Gideon didn't mean to, but he actually did treat her like a w h o r e, and she has a genuine motive to want revenge.

It would be nice if Deanna genuinely accepted Gideon's apology and gracefully accepted the fact Gideon's heart is taken. If she would simply move on like Magdalene did when she realized Gideon cared for Eva like no one else he ever had? Like Magdalene, become a Friend of GidEva? Gideon believes Deanna has. But I doubt it will be that easy. He's still clueless sometimes when it comes to women (aside from Eva) and he can be especially clueless about the real motivations of his exes. For example, it took him a long time to finally understand Corrine deliberately had been hurting Eva. And probably still doesn't understand Corrine deliberately tried to hurt him and Eva both by attempting suicide.

At the start of Entwined With You, Deanna was willing to make Eva collateral damage in the campaign to smear Gideon. Is she still willing to do so? Did Deanna have more than one motive for warning Gideon about the sex tape? If it wasn't to do him a favor, was it to lure him into a false sense of security his apology was accepted? And at the same time wound him with the thought the woman he loved had been captured on tape having sex with another man, and not just any other man, but an apparent rival for Eva's heart? Maybe because Gideon was sitting there finally having a one-on-one conversation with Deanna, Deanna jumped at the chance to see his face as he first found out about the tape?

As Gideon told Eva, the only way anyone could hurt him was to hurt Eva. Premonition? That tape hurts her, hurts them both.

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Captivated By You in my hands, please. So I can read and re-read and connect more dots.

Well said Sharon WE NEED A DATE!!!

So this got me to go back to the very first post in this thread, by Sylvia on Oct. 1 when she treated the community to what the back cover of Captivated By You says. She also said, "Still no release date to announce yet. I know that's terribly frustrating, but things are moving along briskly on the back end! I'll let you all know info as I have it."

" ... moving along briskly ... "

" ... briskly ...."

That's gotta mean some time soon. Well, sooner than, say, next summer.

Could we unwrap GidEva like a present on Christmas morning, by getting Captivated By You in December? Makes me want to write a Letter to Santa. But tomorrow -- after Halloween.

I don't believe the sex tape ever will become public. Gideon will succeed in keeping Eva safe from that. So no way would Deanna ever run a story about it. But if Deanna's hidden motive for telling Gideon about the tape's existence was to hurt him, she succeeded. Beautifully. She got some revenge against him. Especially because she told him right to his face. Imagine her satisfaction seeing his face as he found out? She scored a direct blow to his insecurities and jealousies? Worse, the tape's very existence hurts Eva, and the only way to really hurt Gideon is to hurt Eva? A silver lining is this, though - Gideon told Eva about it. He didn't keep her in the dark, like he had about Nathan. He's gotten better about trusting enough to open up to Eva instead of over-protecting her by hiding painful things? Another potential silver lining is this, having gotten some real revenge, does Deanna now consider the score settled? So she'll cease digging around in Gideon's dark past for something to nail him with? But I seriously doubt she's going to quit stalking GidEva any time soon.

Very well said Betty in other words take a hint B I T C H or even better take a walk!! LOL

Thank you.

I do hope "Capitavated by You" proves it was the medication and ultimately she finds happiness with Giroux.  It is better to have a man who loves you and that you care for then to pine after someone you will never have even in fiction.

I just finished all3 books for the 4th time. I really scare myself with this. Anyway, if CBY doesn't come out soon, we will all be scary.

Some things are a little clearer. First, I think Eva told her mom they were engaged when they were getting ready for the benefit. She says something like might as well start the ball rolling (about the engagement) and then the chapter ends. That made more sense. This way Monica, Cary, and Trey all know. Monica then tells Stanton in the limo on the way. The biggies know. So does Lizzie by the end of the dinner and with that ring, the whole world knows.

Second, I think Anne and Terry may be separated. He was not at the benefit. She had a whole new look. She never got over Gideon as is evident when she tells Eva she knows of 2 women who were seriously depressed when he dumped them and goes after Cary of all the men there. An affair is one thing but knowing all this is serious stalking.

I am more sure than ever that what went on with Gideon and Deanna is far beyond what either G or D said. They seem way too chummy.

And, Betty, you are so right. Gideon was more than clear with Corinne. She was obviously sleeping with her husband if she was pregnant and pretty recently. I am not so sure she was as much in love with G as she didn't want anyone else to have him. He could screw around all he wanted but as soon as he made a commitment and was in love, Corinne goes whacky. If I can't have him no one will.

Seriously, G must have some major skills. lol. Anne, Deanna, Corinne all nutso after having been with him. Add Maggie who was also in love with him. And that's just the ones we know. Not to be crude but his d ick is like crack.

Glad you liked my statement about Corinne.

But girl, you already know he has MAJOR SKILLS unless you skipped some pages or you have your own way of hitting all those spots.

It would not surprise me to see other women coming out of the woodwork in CBY.

I can't see Lizzie permanently being a "bitter enemy" of GidEva. Eva is Lizzie's best hope for bridging the estrangement between mother and son, and Eva told Lizzie she wants to help. But as Entwined With You ended, Lizzie feared the opposite, that Eva might forever stand between Lizzie and Gideon. Thus Lizzie has bitter enmity as Captivated By You opens, and it's over Gideon's dark past. Lizzie's threat to Eva was "I know about you and that lead singer. I'm on to you." Eva suspected Christopher Jr. said something to his mother, but Eva has no idea what.

So what could Lizzie know, and from whom? GidEva know Deanna has inside knowledge about two serious matters: the existence of the Eva-Brett sex tape, and an accurate account of the Gideon-Brett brawl, including the fact it started because Eva was caught kissing Brett. Could Deanna have said something to Lizzie? Deanna was covering the dinner that night, so there was an opportunity for her and Lizzie to talk, and then Lizzie quickly confront Eva? We also know Deanna covered the Times Square event, and Christopher Jr. was there. Opportunity for the two of them to talk? And if so, who might have told whom what? Could Christopher Jr. be Deanna's source on the fight and/or the tape? A Christopher-Brett link exists: Christopher hands-on runs the record label. I would think he has to know about the fight from the band's manager, who was an eyewitness.

Glad you liked my statement about Corinne.

But girl, you already know he has MAJOR SKILLS unless you skipped some pages or you have your own way of hitting all those spots.

It would not surprise me to see other women coming out of the woodwork in CBY.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. To miss that, one would have to skip over like, every other chapter. And not only does the man have major skills, he had toys. Too funny.

Seriously, I can see more women coming out of the woodwork. Who knows how many other members of the Dumped By Gideon Sisterhood that Deanna has been rabble-rousing. Eva knows for certain just two others besides herself: Magdalene (because Maggie told Eva herself) and Corrine (Gideon told Eva that Deanna paid Corrine a visit the night of Times Square.) I'll bet Deanna has been working her way down a list. And Gideon might know, too, about who else Deanna has been hitting up for dirt. Women that Eva never have even heard about, much less met. Yet.