"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Deanna is a free lance journalist . I assume she sells her stories to major magazines such as Vanity Fair and the like. I do not think that classifies her as a gossip columnist.

Hi Sscrph,

Thanks for the information.  :)  Sharon had also posted some information about my questions.  You ladies are great!  THanks again!  :) 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm posting this for GiGi and anyone else that doesn't have FB. Sylvia put this up about an hour ago.

1385763_582366598465284_1331965721_n.jpg

Along with the post she said:

"Be bad with me." - Gideon Cross, ENTWINED WITH YOU

Stay in or go out?

Thanks so much Kirsten!  It is really appreicated!  :)

Betty---lol. I was being sarcastic. Major skills indeed. You sure can't miss them. I am quite sure, married or not, most of us here wouldn't mind sampling. ;-). I wonder sometimes if regular men are THAT skilled. Lol

GHL

My answer is two few. :) :) (I read your post to a friend and her answer is NO!!)

I'm posting this for GiGi and anyone else that doesn't have FB. Sylvia put this up about an hour ago.

Stay in or go out?

Stay in! Definitely! I hope there's more GidEva spending lots of time alone together in their lovenest in Captivated By You. I loved that time in Entwined With You - their hiding out together from the whole world was one of the best parts. They got precious time to focus on just loving one another. More important, Eva got Gideon to open up and talk about things.

But, I wouldn't mind them going for a return visit to the office at that nightclub. Seriously hawt, hawt sex in that office. Even better, well if that's possible, than the office sex in the Crossfire. Those two-way mirror at the nightclub office give exhibitionist spice to the encounter.

All that time they stayed in together at home not only was precious but also kept her safe. Because at the very start of their relationship, his insistence on announcing to the world she was his girlfriend, including making sure there were pictures in the press, is what triggered all the danger? That's what lured bitter enemy Nathan out of the shadows. Eva was safest out of the spotlight, especially after Nathan was dead and the world was fooled into thinking she was just another one of Gideon's exes?

Maybe that's what's meant on the back cover of Captivated By You, "We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we’d had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream." The vows they made will include a lifetime of her needed bodyguards? Gideon already is paranoid about her physical safety. It's a real insecurity he struggles with. He never was afraid until he found something, her, more precious than life itself. And for the rest of his life, he'll have to struggle with having killed to save her life? Before they met, their lives were incomplete but at least they were safe from harm?

Him parading her in public in front of photographers as his fiancée that last night of Entwined With You made me uneasy. Because his doing something similar when she became his girlfriend is what lured Nathan out. Yes, that last night of Entwined With You, what he did validated to everyone she is the one he's in love with. Made up for those press pictures of him and Corrine?  But maybe what was driving him was his insecurity and jealousy? He did it to make sure Brett Kline knows they're a permanent couple? Think about the timeline - Thursday in Times Square, pictures of Brett and Eva together. Next night, Gideon gets her to say yes to an immediate wedding?

Stay in or go out?

Thank you Kristen.

I mean, think about what the "familiar safety of the lives we’d had before each other" meant. Eva had a regular college student life once she got out from under Mommica's smothering? When Eva moved to New York that summer, her plan was to have as ordinary a life as a young woman could have. Entry-level job to start learning her field. Clubbing with her best friend. Not that her life was totally ordinary out in San Diego. At first, her issues made her lovelife a hot mess? But she got professional help for the reason why. Celebrity billionaire Gideon didn't have a regular life, but he had compulsively organized his life to protect himself inside as best he could? Including his lovelife. He never did get professional help as a grown-up. Because "professional help" as a kid is what damaged him. Finally, he is getting help, because of Eva's love. She is making him come out of that protective shell? To have the courage to go into his darkest places? But the risks are huge. I can see him backtracking at times? Maybe that's what the back cover wording means " ... love being tested ..." and at times " ... feel him slipping from my grasp ..." How the struggle for them to get beyond his dark past for their happily ever after?

Well ladies, I have come to the very sad realization that we will not see this new book anytime soon.  I have the third book in the GABRIEL series on preorder for 9 months.  The release date for about 4 others are out there from other authors including the newest KGI book.  All preordered.  No snippets.  Nothing in ages.  Sylvia must be so frustrated.  We are.  What a waste right before the holidays.  Marketing 101 says this book should be out.  I hope someone from Penguin reads hear. Sigh

I have the third book in the GABRIEL series on preorder for 9 months.  The release date for about 4 others are out there from other authors including the newest KGI book. 

I know it's frustrating not being able to preorder, but it's impossible to compare the handling of Crossfire to any other romance series. It's a massive undertaking releasing a book with the level of demand Crossfire has, not just for the publisher, printer, distributors, and vendors but also for me. We're all doing the best we can and I can assure you, the publisher is eager to get the book out as soon as possible. Crossfire is presently one of the biggest series in the world. They don't want to sit on it any longer than they absolutely have to.

Hey Ladies....did you see this post from Sylvia on the Aftershock/Afterburn thread?

The publishers are really something else lol  ....               :(

Posted Today, 09:42 AM

I'm very sorry to say that the release date for AFTERSHOCK has been moved out into 2014. At this time, I don't know which month or day. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from the publisher.

SPELLBOUND is locked into a December 3 release date and won't be moving.

I know how frustrating this is, believe me. This is why I've insisted that no release date be announced for CAPTIVATED BY YOU until it's set in stone.

I know it's frustrating not being able to preorder, but it's impossible to compare the handling of Crossfire to any other romance series. It's a massive undertaking releasing a book with the level of demand Crossfire has, not just for the publisher, printer, distributors, and vendors but also for me. We're all doing the best we can and I can assure you, the publisher is eager to get the book out as soon as possible. Crossfire is presently one of the biggest series in the world. They don't want to sit on it any longer than they absolutely have to.

There's good reason it's the biggest series in the world.....It's AWESOME!!! :) Re-read Bared to You the other night....love how it all started :)

Sylvia--I am touched that you responded to me.  I guess you can see how much we LOVE G and E and the whole series.  Thanks for your imput.  There is no doubt CROSSFIRE  is huge.  Look at your tour.  I guess we are all so invested in these characters.  I cannot wait to see where it is going.  Again, thanks.  

I just finished all3 books for the 4th time. I really scare myself with this. Anyway, if CBY doesn't come out soon, we will all be scary.

Some things are a little clearer. First, I think Eva told her mom they were engaged when they were getting ready for the benefit. She says something like might as well start the ball rolling (about the engagement) and then the chapter ends. That made more sense. This way Monica, Cary, and Trey all know. Monica then tells Stanton in the limo on the way. The biggies know. So does Lizzie by the end of the dinner and with that ring, the whole world knows.

Second, I think Anne and Terry may be separated. He was not at the benefit. She had a whole new look. She never got over Gideon as is evident when she tells Eva she knows of 2 women who were seriously depressed when he dumped them and goes after Cary of all the men there. An affair is one thing but knowing all this is serious stalking.

I am more sure than ever that what went on with Gideon and Deanna is far beyond what either G or D said. They seem way too chummy.

And, Betty, you are so right. Gideon was more than clear with Corinne. She was obviously sleeping with her husband if she was pregnant and pretty recently. I am not so sure she was as much in love with G as she didn't want anyone else to have him. He could screw around all he wanted but as soon as he made a commitment and was in love, Corinne goes whacky. If I can't have him no one will.

Seriously, G must have some major skills. lol. Anne, Deanna, Corinne all nutso after having been with him. Add Maggie who was also in love with him. And that's just the ones we know. Not to be crude but his d ick is like crack.

Hi GLH I totally disagree about Gideon and Deanna. Gideon does not lie to Eva and he specifically said it was just the one time and he barely remembered it. If Gideon starts lying to Eva now at this stage in their relationship then they have bigger problems than Deanna.

Hey Sylvia thanks for your reply as you know we just love GidEva we all need a fix soon !!!

I'm very sorry to say that the release date for AFTERSHOCK has been moved out into 2014. At this time, I don't know which month or day. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from the publisher.

SPELLBOUND is locked into a December 3 release date and won't be moving.

I know how frustrating this is, believe me. This is why I've insisted that no release date be announced for CAPTIVATED BY YOU until it's set in stone.

You're the best! We're as huge in-real-life of fans of you as an author as we are fans of the fictional characters you created!

Hi GLH I totally disagree about Gideon and Deanna. Gideon does not lie to Eva and he specifically said it was just the one time and he barely remembered it. If Gideon starts lying to Eva now at this stage in their relationship then they have bigger problems than Deanna.

Gideon is scrupulous about every word he says to Eva is the truth. But a huge problem remains Gideon lies by omission. He's done "nothing but the truth" from day one. But his refusing to trust her with "the whole truth" almost destroyed what they had, and they're still dealing with the damage. hank God he's finally starting to open up. But for them to reach happily ever after, he's got to keep being completely honest with her.

Regarding Deanna, I believed the guy when he said he barely remembers the one-night-stand he and Deanna had how ever long ago it was in the past. Which he told Eva the night Deanna ambushed her in her apartment lobby, the night Entwined With You opened, the night GidEva reunited. But now at the end of Entwined With You, two weeks have passed with Deanna having inserted herself into Gideon's present life? Gideon has told Eva about some things now going on with Deanna. But I'm worried there are things about Deanna he's holding back on telling Eva? Deanna has been digging hard into his past. What else true dirty laundtry might Deanna know about besides the sex tape and the real story about the brawl with Brett? Stuff Eva could get blindsided by, and be hurt Gideon still is trying to keep things from her?

Gideon is scrupulous about every word he says to Eva is the truth. But a huge problem remains Gideon lies by omission. He's done "nothing but the truth" from day one. But his refusing to trust her with "the whole truth" almost destroyed what they had, and they're still dealing with the damage. hank God he's finally starting to open up. But for them to reach happily ever after, he's got to keep being completely honest with her.

Regarding Deanna, I believed the guy when he said he barely remembers the one-night-stand he and Deanna had how ever long ago it was in the past. Which he told Eva the night Deanna ambushed her in her apartment lobby, the night Entwined With You opened, the night GidEva reunited. But now at the end of Entwined With You, two weeks have passed with Deanna having inserted herself into Gideon's present life? Gideon has told Eva about some things now going on with Deanna. But I'm worried there are things about Deanna he's holding back on telling Eva? Deanna has been digging hard into his past. What else true dirty laundtry might Deanna know about in addition to the sex tape and the real story about the brawl with Brett? Stuff Eva could get blindsided by, and be hurt by Gideon still trying to keep things from her?

Hi Hotreads, I was referring specifically to the sexual encounter Deanna and Gideon had that one night not anything that she may specifically know about other issues.

Totally agree with you sscrph about the sexual encounter. Gideon was honest about that night. Especially because what Gideon told Eva and then what Deanna said pretty much match.

I think GHL has got a point about something more going on between G and D. Main difference is GHL wonders if there is more in the past, and I wonder if there is more in the present. Not in a million years to imply G would ever cheat. But he keeps things from Eva to try to shield her. I don't trust D as far as I can throw her - she's up to something.

Hi all I think what the publisher is bang out of order if the book was not ready to come out then they should of not set a day they done this with entwined with you and now with aftershock if they keep doing this then I will not buy any more books written by Sylvia I will buy. karin tabkes books which are fab I am really upset about this as this was going to be a Christmas present from a friend if I had an email address I would email the publisher