The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Speaking of Deanna, something struck me yesterday -- what if Christopher Jr. might also be the one prompting her, in addition to possibly Dr. Lucas?

Eva's intuition immediately jumped to Lucas, because twice in the past, the guy has made nasty accusations about the connection between Gideon's money and the way Gideon treats women. But Eva glossed over the rock star remark.

But it's Christopher Jr. who likely would be among the first to make the Brett/Eva connection. Vidal Records' PR department would be doing daily monitoring of media reports regarding its artists, and if Christopher reads the daily internal summaries, he could have picked up on the Florida radio station interview where Brett talked about Eva. That interview happened Sunday -- now it's Wednesday, and Deanna's ambushing Eva.

There definitely had been some sort of past connection between Lucas and the Vidal family. What if there is some sort of present-day connection between Lucas and the family, such as Christopher Jr.? Both men despise Gideon -- including having serious jealousy issues about Gideon's sexual magnetism.

Wouldn't Christopher just love the chance to twist Gideon's tail about Eva and another man. Especially if Christopher has found out -- because Magdalene decided to confront Christopher over the tape -- that Christopher was caught red-handed being a total snake. I can see Magdalene going after the b******.

Even if Magdalene never told anyone else, Christopher knowing that Gideon had video proof would make Christopher squirm. The video that would horrify their mother if she ever were to find out -- darling little Christopher screwing and screwing over a longtime family friend, the daughter of Elizabeth's best friend and perhaps Elizabeth's dream of Magdalene becoming her daughter in law some day. That tape would ruin everything.

Just knowing Gideon holds that power would infuriate Christopher, despite the fact the chances are slim Gideon would ever use it against him with their mother. Gideon already holds the financial power to financially ruin the Vidal Records empire on a whim. Now to hold personal power to disgrace Christopher himself .... AGH!

So a little payback time -- paparazzi sooner or later (probably sooner) catching photos of seriously sexy socialite Eva Trammell with seriously hot rock star Brett Kline. Gideon's name would get dragged into it ... a blow to his professional image (one of his record label's own artists banging his ex) and a blow to his manhood (his ex banging another guy instead of pining for Gideon.) Tarnish Gideon's image.[/quote

Yes I agree I'm sure Chris Jr and Deanna are acquainted and I can't see him ever missing an opportunity to trash Gideon --wouldn't everyone like to have him for a brother; poor Gideon. :( :(

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine this being plausible. The thing that struck me as I read this LN is when Eva confronted Elizabeth she said Christopher was her son too and he said nothing happened. Why would Christopher say that? Has Christopher always held this grudge against Gideon? Was Christopher protecting Gideon's attacker? If so why?

I've some thoughts on that:

• At the time, Christopher was only 5 years old. Gideon was somewhere around age 11. And it was Gideon, not Christopher, in the hands of the mental health team doing house calls to the Vidal mansion.
  • Elizabeth may be assuming, wrongly, that if it was true there was a pedophile under her roof, he'd attack all children. The truth of the matter is that often, pedophiles have very specific obsessions about gender and age for their choice of victim.
  • Elizabeth also isn't taking into account the lower level of reasoning skills a 5-year-old would possess when compared to an 11-year-old.
  • Eva deduced the root of Christopher's grudge had to do with the fact Gideon got so much attention when they were younger.
  • Plus, Christopher Jr. was raised by the same man as Gideon -- Christopher Sr. And let's admit it -- prior to Eva, Gideon kinda used women too. Christopher Jr. definitely uses women. I wonder whether Christopher Sr. was a bad male role model.

They were raised by the same man, but Gideon isnt blood related. They didn't even change his surname. Goes to show how much he was thought of, if they wouldn't make him part of the family unit. I'm surprised Elizabeth didn't challenge Christopher snr, about his name. That's why the poor chap felt he didn't belong. Abandoned by all adults and abused by one. Callous bunch.

Perhaps Christopher Jr. is responsible for arranging Brett and Vidal Records being at some sort of event in Times Square, a peek at which we got in a snippet. Perhaps set it up in a way to get Eva there unknowingly -- and set up a paparazzi ambush.

Here's my reasoning behind the theory:

• Gideon owns more shares in the company that anyone else but it appears he's not involved in the daily running of the company -- his stepfather, Christopher Sr., and brother, Christopher Jr., are the records company executives in the Vidal family.
  • The garden party in Bared to You suggests that Gideon avoids Vidal Records events period, not just any sort of gathering at the Vidal mansion (a place he avoids like the plague).
  • We also know that Christopher had been the one to invite Eva (and Cary) to the garden party.
  • Last we saw of Christopher, he'd had lunch with Eva, was wondering whether Eva asking him to lunch had anything to do with Gideon getting back together with Corrine -- and ended lunch with telling Eva he'd like to take her out.
  • Since then, Christopher probably has found out Eva is Golden.
  • So as a two-fer, get Eva near photographers both in the presence of Christopher and of Brett -- maybe resulting in multiple party photos out there on the gossip circuit, some with her and Brett, others with Christopher and her. All of them speculating that Eva's now surrounded by men and obviously happy without Gideon.

In any case, I'll bet Christopher was shocked to see Gideon show up. And this could be bad -- for Gideon and Eva as a secret couple -- in the general vicinity of the scheming Christopher Jr. in charge of some sort of PR event crawling with photographers and journalists.

Ooooooo the possibilities .....

It will be so delicious I can't wait to read it I might go straight to that chapter after I go to the nightclub chapter MIX it up a bit after the long wait just to keep things interesting... :)

They were raised by the same man, but Gideon isnt blood related. They didn't even change his surname. Goes to show how much he was thought of, if they wouldn't make him part of the family unit. I'm surprised Elizabeth didn't challenge Christopher snr, about his name. That's why the poor chap felt he didn't belong. Abandoned by all adults and abused by one. Callous bunch.

It always bothered me that they didn't change Gideon's last name -- left him branded with the notoriety-linked last name of Cross.

He was young enough, not yet school age, that from purely record-keeping purposes, a name change would be less complicated then.

Also, given that his biological father was dead, it would have been less complicated to change his name.

I think not only does this indicate Gideon was thought of as second class by Vidal Sr., but also he probably didn't take the step of adopting Gideon.

Vidal Sr. seemed to be set on instead siring an heir to his own name, Christopher Vidal, as soon as possible.

Yes I really would like to know the backstory on that even though we have already discussed that Gideon is proud to flaunt the CROSS name by putting it on everything he owns and maintaining that distance with his WICKED step family. :(

It always bothered me that they didn't change Gideon's last name -- left him branded with the notoriety-linked last name of Cross.

He was young enough, not yet school age, that from purely record-keeping purposes, a name change would be less complicated then.

Also, given that his biological father was dead, it would have been less complicated to change his name.

I think not only does this indicate Gideon was thought of as second class by Vidal Sr., but also he probably didn't take the step of adopting Gideon.

Vidal Sr. seemed to be set on instead siring an heir to his own name, Christopher Vidal, as soon as possible.

It also speaks volumes about Elizabeth ; she had no backbone!!

I took issue with the one major spoiler. We might have theories based on the snippets, picture posts, and snapshots, but they are theories. To spoil the book for people not wanting to know, is just not right. Plus while it might take a little bit of thought she could have posted a spoiler free review. Aria did.

I read the spoiler too! I am weak. And now all i want to do is talk about it, but i wouldn't do that to you ladies.

I still think Chris Vidal jnr reckons he has a shot at Eva.

She has given him some unintentional signals, like inviting him to lunch, not saying NO(your having a laugh mate!)when he asked her out for dinner, she just said her roommates sick and needs me.

The weasel is hoping for another Gideon cast off, just to wind his big brother up. To me this just means the women are settling for second best!

I read the spoiler too! I am weak. And now all i want to do is talk about it, but i wouldn't do that to you ladies.

I wish GR would make her take down the review. They micromanage everyone else on there with their pictures and stuff. Plus she's moaning that people are complaining about the review. I thought if it more as a rant and a spoiler not so much a review, but that's just my opinion of course.

I wish GR would make her take down the review. They micromanage everyone else on there with their pictures and stuff. Plus she's moaning that people are complaining about the review. I thought if it more as a rant and a spoiler not so much a review, but that's just my opinion of course.

What Sylvia posted on FB about the reviews was harmless, gave nothing away. But I think GR shouldn't have been allowed to post the reviews with spoilers till after Tuesday, I've waited this long, a few more days wont hurt. Be strong, be strong, be strong!

All you ladies trying to stay strong like me avoiding spoilers (and, agh, it is so hard) symbolically stick your fingers in your ears and repeat after me:

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA ;)

Dead with laughter, but here we go:

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

I still think Chris Vidal jnr reckons he has a shot at Eva.

She has given him some unintentional signals, like inviting him to lunch, not saying NO(your having a laugh mate!)when he asked her out for dinner, she just said her roommates sick and needs me.

The weasel is hoping for another Gideon cast off, just to wind his big brother up. To me this just means the women are settling for second best!

I'll bet that snake believes that Eva had been juggling a billionaire playboy and a rock star -- and probably juggling a male model too (Cary) ... therefore ... she'd be more than willing to throw a music company executive into her stable of men.

CREEP!!!! 

And you don't have a shot, Christopher. Never did. She is waaaaaaay out of your league, you conceited a*******

Dr. Lucas has it wrong..

It is Chris Jr. not Gideon who is the narcissistic sociopath...

Yeah. See I thought that.

Our good doctor had the wrong brother! He needs his eyes testing!

Gideon said to Eva he was dangerous, but didn't really elaborate. I'm thinking Chris jnr is more twisted than we feared. But Gideon knows.

What Sylvia posted on FB about the reviews was harmless, gave nothing away. But I think GR shouldn't have been allowed to post the reviews with spoilers till after Tuesday, I've waited this long, a few more days wont hurt. Be strong, be strong, be strong!

I often post reviews on GR a few days early because I get an ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) and the author or the publisher is looking for buzz on the book. It can be difficult to talk about a book without giving the story away, but it can be done. Besides that there is an option on the site to hide any spoilers so she should have certainly used it.

Continue to be strong ladies its not worth the peek.

Yeah. See I thought that.

Our good doctor had the wrong brother! He needs his eyes testing!

Gideon said to Eva he was dangerous, but didn't really elaborate. I'm thinking Chris jnr is more twisted than we feared. But Gideon knows.

Just glad we don't see much of him in EWY if any at all.

I often post reviews on GR a few days early because I get an ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) and the author or the publisher is looking for buzz on the book. It can be difficult to talk about a book without giving the story away, but it can be done. Besides that there is an option on the site to hide any spoilers so she should have certainly used it.

Continue to be strong ladies its not worth the peek.

I will be strong.

These pages will be on fire next Friday, we will be dissecting and absorbing the book, then theorising how the next one will go. Oh! The torture. It's worse than the Spanish Inquisition! Lol

I will be strong.

These pages will be on fire next Friday, we will be dissecting and absorbing the book, then theorising how the next one will go. Oh! The torture. It's worse than the Spanish Inquisition! Lol

LOL.

I said to Sheens yesterday that I can't wait to pick it all apart.