The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

The snapshot shows a bathtub. The small section of the bathroom we see shows black and white tiles and looks upscale.

My read into this: serious conversation between Eva and Gideon with Gideon opening up. Repeatedly in the series, some of the more frank conversations Gideon has had with Eva have taken place while the two of them are sitting in the tub together -- conversations in which Gideon has opened up just a little bit.

And I'm guessing based on one of those past tub-conversations, which dealt with Dr. Lucas, this might be the chapter in which we find out exactly what role Lucas, a pediatrician, probably played in the cover-up of the sexual abuse Gideon suffered.

During that particular past conversation, which took place during the weekend in North Carolina, Gideon confessed to Eva that he slept with Dr. Lucas' wife in order to hurt Lucas. Gideon was pretty ashamed of what he'd done: originally planned it as a one night stand, but let her keep coming back for seconds until she was prepared to leave her husband. That's when Gideon cut her off and sent her back to Lucas. Gideon later said that no matter how long he showered after being with Anne Lucas, he never felt clean.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A second possibility might be a frank conversation about Corrine, because the original conversation Gideon had with Eva about his ex took place in Eva's bathroom.

That was the night Eva got blindsided by Corrine's existence and ended up walking out of the fundraising dinner. Gideon chased her home, arriving quickly on her heels while she was standing in the living room dealing with the orgy Cary had going and she'd interrupted by coming home early.

She continued to turn her back on Gideon, going to her room to remove her party dress and then climbed into the shower to hide there in misery. Gideon followed her, and though she repeatedly tried ordering him to just leave, he stayed and insisted on making her listen to him. That's when he told her about the past relationship with Corrine -- and about the recent past too: Corrine leaving her husband and leaning on Gideon as a friend.

That conversation ended with Eva telling him he needed to nip Corrine's hopes in the bud and start weaning her off. Perhaps this bathroom conversation in Chapter Six of Entwined is will cover how Gideon plans to do just that, perhaps already has cut off Corrine.

If that's true, then it might indicate the cops/prosecutor have begun backing down -- so Gideon no longer needs to use Corrine as part of his cover plan to stop the police from establishing his motive to kill Nathan.

Lots of fans have hoped the whole murder investigation will go away early in Entwined. Maybe that's the case.

This seems like it is probably Eva's bathroom because Gideon's bathroom was done in antique style and this tub style would really not fit in with that unless this is a tub at a secret love nest it's not in North Carolina because that tub was claw foot but I agree with it being a confessional of sorts

Sylvia already has another novel coming out in August, so it's very unlikely the publisher would release the 4th Crossfire novel that same month. Sales of each book could compete with one another.

Especially because the new book is the first of two volumes in a new contemporary series - we're going to meet new modern-day characters. It's called Afterburn, and it's due out Aug. 15. The second novel, Aftershock, is due out Nov. 12.

Here's the link to the Coming Soon page on Sylvia's main website, http://www.sylviaday.com/coming-soon/

Sylvia already has another novel coming out in August, so it's very unlikely the publisher would release the 4th Crossfire novel that same month. Sales of each book could compete with one another.

Especially because the new book is the first of two volumes in a new contemporary series - we're going to meet new modern-day characters. It's called Afterburn, and it's due out Aug. 15. The second novel, Aftershock, is due out Nov. 12.

Here's the link to the Coming Soon page on Sylvia's main website, http://www.sylviaday.com/coming-soon/

If there is a fourth book I think it will be a Christmas season release

If there is a fourth book I think it will be a Christmas season release

There is a fourth book. Christmas season, oi dont think i can make it. it's almost six months. Oh no thats too long.

This seems like it is probably Eva's bathroom because Gideon's bathroom was done in antique style and this tub style would really not fit in with that unless this is a tub at a secret love nest it's not in North Carolina because that tub was claw foot but I agree with it being a confessional of sorts

Eva's apartment is modern style, and her bathroom is set up with separate shower and tub. Another possibility is this is a tub in a hotel room.

Snapshot #5, which came out Tuesday, showed a neat pile of white terrycloth towels, and some of the speculation here was they were meeting in a hotel. This might fit in with the luggage tags on the bookcover.

Eva's apartment is modern style, and her bathroom is set up with separate shower and tub. Another possibility is this is a tub in a hotel room.

Snapshot #5, which came out Tuesday, showed a neat pile of white terrycloth towels, and some of the speculation here was they were meeting in a hotel. This might fit in with the luggage tags on the bookcover.

I agree LN!  Meeting in a hotel....we can't forget about the luggage tags! I just hope it isn't a crazy cliffhanger at the end. I know the other two books finished w/o crazy cliffhangers....but still.

SD did mention that she hasn't started writing the 4th b/c she's been writing the Afterburn/shock books :( Do we believe this or is she just trying to keep us off her back? lol...

I also agree that if that's the case, it may be released around Christmas time...after the other two books are released. I would perfer it's release in between the two though...lol..between Aug/Nov.  We've already been watitng so long for this one! <<Sighhhh>> 

1. Holly S Reidâ€@HollyReid1018h
  2. @SylDay Absolutely love your books! I've heard there'll be more than 3 Crossfires! If so, have you started to right the next one? :D#BIGFAN
  •  

1. @HollyReid10 No, I'm writing Afterburn. :)

1. 2:25 PM - 4 Apr 13 · De

1. Holly S Reidâ€@HollyReid1018h
  2. @SylDay Absolutely love your books! I've heard there'll be more than 3 Crossfires! If so, have you started to right the next one? :D#BIGFAN
  •  

1. @HollyReid10 No, I'm writing Afterburn. :)

1. 2:25 PM - 4 Apr 13 · De

Thanks Nathalia, oi so we going to wait for the fourth book. :-(

At least she'll have the Crossfire #4 story somewhat mapped out, which is something. But if she's hard at work right now on a novel due out in August with another one already announced for November, then we're likely looking at a 2014 release for the 4th Crossfire.

Well, it'll be worth the wait, however long, if it gives us more Eva and Gideon beyond Entwined.

Good point about the luggage tags

Can a wife testify against her husband in the USA? We are all hoping for a wedding in EWY. Is this killing 2 birds with 1 stone?

Generally, no - a person cannot be forced to testify against his/her spouse, though it's not an absolute blanket of immunity. Under some circumstances, a prosecutor can try to seek to force testimony about knowledge of stuff prior to the marriage. That's a gray area. It is one of the "outs" Gideon has, to marry Eva in order to make it almost impossible for the cops to try use her anymore as bait in their trap.