The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JULIE IS IN NEED OF A HENRY FIX. VERY DEPRESSED IN ENGLAND!

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE?

:(:(:(

When I went to the movie with my daughter last nite there was a huge Superman trailer ;I actually think its going to be a great movie and I don't really even like Superman

When I went to the movie with my daughter last nite there was a huge Superman trailer ;I actually think its going to be a great movie and I don't really even like Superman

Same here. I might just have to revisit and revise!

What film did you see with your daughter?

Thank you so much Kirsten. I feel so much happier now. When I scrolled down and saw his beautiful face, my heart melted.

I wish I could cheer you up too.

:)

I'm good today Julie. :) I ranted to SD and then Penguin. I just find it utter rubbish that we all aren't reading when they made such a HUGE deal out of all formats being released on the same day so everyone could have them together, It's not SD's fault of course, but Penguin is certainly to be held accountable.

I'm good today Julie. :) I ranted to SD and then Penguin. I just find it utter rubbish that we all aren't reading when they made such a HUGE deal out of all formats being released on the same day so everyone could have them together, It's not SD's fault of course, but Penguin is certainly to be held accountable.

Glad your feeling better. Nearly there.

Penquin have cocked up royally. I think they forget who are keeping them in business. I think the fans/customers have been treated badly.

But heyho, can't change what's happened.

Perhaps we need to be caffeinated, then kick some a*se, as Eva says

Thank you for the Henry picture! It calmed me down... But I have yet to write the rant to penguin so once I do that I'll come back to the pic and relax again lol!

Thank you for the Henry picture! It calmed me down... But I have yet to write the rant to penguin so once I do that I'll come back to the pic and relax again lol!

Kirsten gave me the email address on here. Someone called Cindy. It was today can't remember the thread.

Sylvia just posted the following on FB:

There are a lot of questions and aggravation about how some readers have already received copies of Entwined with You. There are two reasons why: 1) Advance copies where distributed at Book Expo America, and 2) Some vendors broke the embargo.

Book Expo America is a trade show where publishers promote the upcoming titles they're excited about to librarians and booksellers. This is how they stir up enthusiasm that hopefully launches books in a big way. Distributing advance copies is the purpose of BEA for the trade. This year and last year, BEA added a "power reader" day on Saturday where readers can attend and get advance books, too.

The situation with the vendors breaking the embargo is a different thing altogether. Not all books are placed under an embargo. Those that are require distributors and vendors to sign an affidavit promising they won't sell the book early, with the understanding that not only is breaking a signed agreement unprofessional and unfair to those who keep their promises, but that they'll also be penalized. The reason why embargoes are placed varies, but in the case of Entwined with You, my expectation was that we'd avoid having spoilers posted before readers could get their hands on the book. Furthering this, no advance review copies were made available. We worked really, really hard to prevent leaks.

However, once vendors received their shipments we had to rely on them to be professional and hold to their agreements. In speaking with the Penguin sales team yesterday, I was told that 95% of vendors are holding the line and I'm hugely grateful to them. It's unfortunate that 5% have not and I'll be honest, my regards aren't nearly as kind toward them.

It's not fair for readers to have the book scattered around here and there so that some can get it immediately, while others have waited for months and are still waiting. It's also unfair to the vendors who are being professional and honoring their agreements, who may see their pre-orders cancelled because one of their customers stumbled across a contraband copy.

I totally understand the aggravation some of you feel that the book is leaking out and spoilers are being posted. I feel it, too. Thankfully, we're only about 34.5 hours away from the release of Entwined with You, and then everyone should be able to find it everywhere.

There are a lot of questions and aggravation about how some readers have already received copies of Entwined with You. There are two reasons why: 1) Advance copies where distributed at Book Expo America, and 2) Some vendors broke the embargo.

Book Expo America is a trade show where publishers promote the upcoming titles they're excited about to librarians and booksellers. This is how they stir up enthusiasm that hopefully launches books in a big way. Distributing advance copies is the purpose of BEA for the trade. This year and last year, BEA added a "power reader" day on Saturday where readers can attend and get advance books, too.

The situation with the vendors breaking the embargo is a different thing altogether. Not all books are placed under an embargo. Those that are require distributors and vendors to sign an affidavit promising they won't sell the book early, with the understanding that not only is breaking a signed agreement unprofessional and unfair to those who keep their promises, but that they'll also be penalized. The reason why embargoes are placed varies, but in the case of Entwined with You, my expectation was that we'd avoid having spoilers posted before readers could get their hands on the book. Furthering this, no advance review copies were made available. We worked really, really hard to prevent leaks.

However, once vendors received their shipments we had to rely on them to be professional and hold to their agreements. In speaking with the Penguin sales team yesterday, I was told that 95% of vendors are holding the line and I'm hugely grateful to them. It's unfortunate that 5% have not and I'll be honest, my regards aren't nearly as kind toward them.

It's not fair for readers to have the book scattered around here and there so that some can get it immediately, while others have waited for months and are still waiting. It's also unfair to the vendors who are being professional and honoring their agreements, who may see their pre-orders cancelled because one of their customers stumbled across a contraband copy.

I totally understand the aggravation some of you feel that the book is leaking out and spoilers are being posted. I feel it, too. Thankfully, we're only about 34.5 hours away from the release of Entwined with You, and then everyone should be able to find it everywhere.

Do you think Cindy got our emails?

Thanks Kirsten

I am going to look at the snapshots when reading again, I still don't get snapshot 3 for chapter 3 but I think I am over tired and maybe tomorrow will see it fresher, of course I am going to start reading again before I go to bed so I can dream of Gideon lol ;)

Poor Sylvia's in the firing line again.

I feel bad now. :(

I feel sorry for Sylvia, it is not her fault these supermarkets etc released their books earlier, people should back off her and let her get on with writing the books, we don't want hold up's LOL

I feel sorry for Sylvia, it is not her fault these supermarkets etc released their books earlier, people should back off her and let her get on with writing the books, we don't want hold up's LOL

I STILL see people asking her if there are going to be more books... Smh but someone did ask her if she has been writing book 4 and she said its in the progress!!

When I emailed Sylvia directly I explained I knew she had no control over this and that it was a Penguin issue. When I emailed Penguin I made it clear I am a fan of Sylvia's NOT Penguin, and they have jerked us around for months.

good for you !!