One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

HELLO LADIES,

Yesterday I had a really busy day and wasn't able to find the time to go on the Internet at all. But I did my homework though! Here my picks:

Chapter 15

1) Your past doesn't have the power to push me away. Only you can do that, and you did.

2) I watched him with awe and pure female triumph, I could do this to HIM.

Chapter 16

1) You can give my body back to me, Gedeon. I believe you're the only one who can.

Evening Gabri

I loved the line from chapter 16. Did you read the first chapter of EWY?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with you there, we all know Gideon has been emotionally draining on Eva and we all know why he connected again with Corrine but to deliberately hurt her by being physical with Corrine I am not sure if I could respect him if that ever happened, I would want better for Eva she has been through enough.

He may have to kiss Corrine to keep the pretence up but hopefully it stopped there, like he said in Chapter 1, he missed Eva so much and cannot survive without her "I can survive anything if I have you".  I think it also cemented the emotion Gideon felt for Eva when he started to cry while making love, he must have been so scared that he would never be with her again and that was probably crushing him emotionally, I don't think he has ever loved anyone as hard as he loves Eva. 

I don't think he was physical with Corrine. I don't think Eva could ever get past that.

I wonder if this Deanna chick is going to try and hook up w/ Cary...doesn't tell him who she is/ what she does etc...he brings her home, she gets an inside look at  Eva's place...questions Cary about her..innocent questions....what if she's there when Gideon is there! Ahh!

Eva's gotta warn Cary about her also...asap! I hope she doesn't forget to tell Gideon.

Those 1 1/2 chapters were great..just fuel to the Crossfire- fire!

I kinda wanted Eva to be more aggressive w/ Gideon...more hurtful-maybe to him..Beat him a lil for being so cruel to her..lol...I know, I know...he didn't want to be...but she was hurt sooo much by him!

I really can't wait for Victor's return! 

I hope it's not a cliffhanger ending...book 3...b/c who knows when book 4 & 5 are coming out!

Eva needing to keep Cary in the dark could be a problem. Deanna knows where Eva lives, knows Cary is her roommate, could figure out a way to get to Cary behind Eva's back, and then ...... yikes.

There's nothing Eva could do to Gideon that is worse than what's he's been doing to himself these past weeks. Especially that break-up phone call -- the things she said, and the guilt trip she laid. No wonder he looked like someone died by the time he hung up that phone. That said, moving forward Eva needs to tell him point blank when he's screwing up. And if she needs an answer out of him, no more evasions allowed on his part. She needs to make it clear he d*** well better open up, trust her and communicate with her. No more secrets allowed!!!!

Besides, Gideon's about to get a taste of karmic payback when he has to sit on his hands and privately squirm while Brett does his absolute best to try to woo Eva back. Not that Brett's going to succeed - that ain't gonna happen. But he's going to try. And the Brett situation will be, for Gideon, more of an ordeal than the Corrine situation was for Eva. It took Eva awhile, but she finally figured out any sexual feelings Gideon had for Corrine died a very long time ago. No way during all this awful time was he in the least bit warm for Corrine's form. BUT .... a part of Eva is still hot for Brett, and Gideon knows that -- and he's gotta live with that nagging insecurity.

I wonder how he decided, which ones to f* ck and those just to be friends? Perhaps because of her profession, he was suspicious of her intentions. Gideon might have thought she was out for a story.

If I was him I would never have looked twice at her since she was a reporter!! There are other brunettes in the sea!!

I'm hoping we'll get to the real bottom of this whole brunette thing!!! Only because it seriously hits Eva's buttons.

We know Gideon dated only brunettes prior to Eva.

But did he also f*** only brunettes too, prior to Eva? (the redheaded Anne Lucas doesn't count as a regular sex partner, because she was a revenge f*** not physical desire.)

Or did Gideon stop f******* brunettes after Corrine?

Did hair color automatically assign the women to which of the categories: date or sex? 

• All brunettes to the left, please, the platonic social arm candy category? 
  • All blondes and redheads to the right, please, report to the f**** pad?

Is it June 4th yet?

Sylvia has got to be LHAO at this post!!

Ive been reading through the pages I missed yesterday and my head is spinning wildly!!! Your insights into plot and characters are simply wonderful and make my rereading of the books so much more meaningful to me.

As for the triangle Corinne-Gedeon-Eva, I think GiGi is right when she says that the relationship between Eva and Gedeon should be strong enough to stand any external destructive force or it's not worth the while. Eva must know by now that Corinne is simply one in a long line of women who want to have Gedeon for themselves. I know this can't help her much in the insecurities department, but she will have to learn to trust her man(and, thank God, she will!!). This is really the only thing Gedeon is always asking of her: "TRUST ME"...... Which obviously leads to the dom/sub issue between them.

But this is tomorrow's homework. Good night for now, lol!!

HI JULIE!

NO,I haven't read Chap 1 of Entwined, and don't want to either! I want to sit comfortably down with my book and be completely absorbed in it untill I finish reading. Nothing is going to distract me from my reading: no phone-calls, no door-bells, no family nor friends...well, Internet maybe.

What will you be doing when the book comes out?

I know it's terribly boring...

but what does LHAO stand for?

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS

HI JULIE!

NO,I haven't read Chap 1 of Entwined, and don't want to either! I want to sit comfortably down with my book and be completely absorbed in it untill I finish reading. Nothing is going to distract me from my reading: no phone-calls, no door-bells, no family nor friends...well, Internet maybe.

What will you be doing when the book comes out?

hi Gabri

The UK don't get theirs released till the 6 th June :(. But my daughter s downloading it on her kindle for me on the 4th. Ordered the book too. I do like the feel of a book best. Call me old fashioned. Lol

Will you be working or taking the day off as a lot of people are to read it? I've got to work. :(

I'm hoping we'll get to the real bottom of this whole brunette thing!!! Only because it seriously hits Eva's buttons.

But did he also f*** only brunettes too, prior to Eva? (the redheaded Anne Lucas doesn't count as a regular sex partner, because she was a revenge f*** not physical desire.)

Did hair color automatically assign the women to which of the categories: date or sex? 

Is it June 4th yet?

LOL. This is what I was trying to get at before. I know why GIdeon was screwing Anne, but I am curious as to whether or not hair colors determine what pile these women go in. :)

LOL. This is what I was trying to get at before. I know why GIdeon was screwing Anne, but I am curious as to whether or not hair colors determine what pile these women go in. :)

I've got a theory that brunettes are tied up with mummy issues. He has never shown any love to a brunette, only Eva. Eva broke the mould. His mother was brunette/ raven, whatever happened at the Vidal house is the root cause of his problems. We know that his mother basically abandoned him, not believing him. There is something dark about Elizabeth I'm sure. Got a hat to eat if I'm wrong!

Hi Lulie,

I'm out of work right now. I'm actively looking for a job, though. The Italian job market stinks at the moment, but hopefully I'll find a new job in a few months' time.

Therefore, I'd say I'll have plenty of time, unless I start working the day after tomorrow (or land myself with a super-sexy billionare!!)

Good night, sweet dreams!

I agree with your most of your thoughts in the second paragraph Sheens. I cannot however as petty as it might seem get over Gideon kissing Corrine. It's one thing to peck her on the cheek or kiss her hair, it would be another for me for him to be kissing her on the mouth. When Eva kissed Brett I was outraged. I get why she did it, but it didn't make it acceptable in my eyes.

I'm in agreement with you Kirsten on both things - eva kissing brett & gideon kissing corrine. Since Eva stopped getting the google alerts & also looking at page 6 photo of Gideon & Corrine looking intimate at the Kingsman Vodka party Victor showed Eva, we don't know if gideon was caught kissing corrine by the paparazzi. they got plenty pics of gideon and eva kissing out in public but I'm sure if he did have to kiss corrine (stomach rolling lol), it was in the privacy of inside the car or somewhere private but I really don't want to read in EWY that he did kiss corrine in order to make her (corrine) believe they were a couple. I hope it's a peck on the cheek for corrine and not on the mouth.  

For our homework assignment to say which line and paragraph we like from a chapter a day, I'm probably way ahead of the chapter we're supposed to be on but in Chapter 17,this is my favorite swoon worthly line in the book:

Gideon:  "I must've wished for you so hard and so often you had no choice but to come true." page 261

A couple of theories:

• Corrine thinks the nooner stunt worked - it seriously undermined Eva's trust in Gideon. And unfortunately, it did, so Corrine's objective was met.
  • I'm certain Gideon called up Corrine to chew her out about what she'd done -- which only served to reinforce to Corrine that Eva really is vulnerable.
  • Corrine probably convinced herself that the mistrust she'd sown came to fruition with Eva blowing things with Gideon. If Arnoldo gossiped to Corrine about Brett, then she's probably certain Eva blew it.
  • For a couple of weeks, Corrine basked in the triumph that Eva was history.
  • But then Eva showing up unannounced at Corrine's apartment, which made Corrine fear that Eva wasn't totally out of the picture yet. Corrine, realizing that maybe Eva might be considering making another run at Gideon, came up with a plan on the spot to repeat the "nooner" stunt in a far-more devastating way, sending Eva sobbing off into the sunset forever. For one thing, she tried to make Eva believe that now she (Corrine) had moved beyond hotel sex and gotten Gideon into her (Corrine's) own bed.

Too bad, Corrine, that when push came to shove, in her heart Eva knew her man. Knew he wasn't sleeping with Corrine, because he didn't love Corrine, had never loved Corrine. Eva still couldn't figure out why the eph Gideon was treating her (Eva) the way he was, but Eva at least figured out that Gideon was, in fact, in love with her (Eva).

exactly! Corrine was trying to pull out all the stops with this last stunt to rid Eva from Gideon's life but I'm so glad that Eva didn't believe her not for a moment. I still think Corrine and brett should get together because they'll need to console each other after they realize they both never stood a chance at winnng Eva & Gideon's hearts 

Besides, it looks like we have another ex of Gideon's to worry about - Deanna Johnson. She comes across as someone who also wants at Gideon for selfish reasons, but here it's to harm him, not to land him. She's trying to make an ally out of Eva now (hah! good luck with that!) But Deanna comes across as someone who could just as easily try to make Eva collateral damage. 

boy these woman are just coming out of the woodwork to make problems for Eva and Gideon!  lol I was kind of hoping she was one who didn't get to sleep with him and got tossed into the woman he strictly dated pile and was mad she didn't get to sleep with him!

Is it June 4th yet?

I can't wait to get to the bottom of the whole brunette thing. It seems like we see more brunettes whether they're strangers or woman from his past. the only blondes beside eva is monica....  June 4th can't get here fast enough : )  

One last thought about the dark hair thing.

I agree with Julie, who says that brunetes are tied up with mummy issues. But how? My theory is that by keeing brunettes on the absolutely-no-s*x-with list, Gedeon is saying that he doesn't trust them enough to share his bed, not even for a quickie; more importantly, he is refusing Elizabeth, Brunette Number One, as a mother because he doesn't trust her anymore.

It sounds confusing, but it's Gedeon we're talking about.... Mr "Easy is boring"!! Lol

I wonder if this Deanna chick is going to try and hook up w/ Cary...doesn't tell him who she is/ what she does etc...he brings her home, she gets an inside look at  Eva's place...questions Cary about her..innocent questions....what if she's there when Gideon is there! Ahh!

Eva's gotta warn Cary about her also...asap! I hope she doesn't forget to tell Gideon.

Those 1 1/2 chapters were great..just fuel to the Crossfire- fire!

I kinda wanted Eva to be more aggressive w/ Gideon...more hurtful-maybe to him..Beat him a lil for being so cruel to her..lol...I know, I know...he didn't want to be...but she was hurt sooo much by him!

I really can't wait for Victor's return! 

I hope it's not a cliffhanger ending...book 3...b/c who knows when book 4 & 5 are coming out!

Hi Nathalia,

I agree! although Gideon is feeling the hurt that he inflicted on Eva. I'm sure when he was crying she knew his pain was worse than hers. that's a great theory. I wouldn't put it past her! (Deanna) was lerking in the lobby of Eva's building that day when she came back from Gideon's and who's to say she won't try to flirt with Cary to get into Eva's apartment?? Hopefully Eva will warn Carey about her and yes I hope she tells Gideon too!! this lady needs to leave the same time Corrine leaves lol

One last thought about the dark hair thing.

I agree with Julie, who says that brunetes are tied up with mummy issues. But how? My theory is that by keeing brunettes on the absolutely-no-s*x-with list, Gedeon is saying that he doesn't trust them enough to share his bed, not even for a quickie; more importantly, he is refusing Elizabeth, Brunette Number One, as a mother because he doesn't trust her anymore.

It sounds confusing, but it's Gedeon we're talking about.... Mr "Easy is boring"!! Lol

I also agree with you both and it will be interesting when we do get to the bottom of it.

LN I agree that Gideon is kicking Corrine out of his life for what she has done, but you say... "Now he's got her believing she's his girlfriend. They may not be sleeping together yet, but they are a couple once again." Do you believe that Gideon has been kissing Corrine? I know it probably seems silly on my part, but after the whole kissing Brett incident and Gideon telling Eva in NC what her kisses mean to him, is Gideon actually kissing Corrine? Has he let this "dating" thing get that far? I am trying to work this all out in my mind.

He may have given a kiss on the forehead or cheek. This way he could appear "intimate" for the sake of the public audience, without having to actually be intimate with Corrine.

I just saw on Sylvia's FB page that she's doing a live video chat that you can sign up for. she'll answers questions live! Is anyone going to do it? I'm not going to be able to. : (

I posted the link on the Snippets/Snapshots thread I think. LN is going to try and listen in and participate... thank God. :) It's my daughter's birthday so I don't think I'll be able to.