One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corinne gives me the creeps: all smiles on the surface of her beautiful face but deathly like a serpent.

I do think Corrine will be going bye bye in this book. I don't think they will be able to have a friendship after everything that has happened. She will always want more. There is too much dishonesty and pain between them. Like LN said she is not truly a real friend, she wants Gideon at any cost.

Oh trust me, she will be having that door hit her backside faster than you can say, "Corrine you never stood a chance!" lol

Corinne gives me the creeps: all smiles on the surface of her beautiful face but deathly like a serpent.

hi Gabri

How's Italy today?

You've got over Monica. Lol Corrines turn now. Lol :)

Yes she's as sly as a fox. Don't worry Gideons got her number.

She needs to move on. She's just a bit slow recognising that Gideon loves Eva.

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYBODY!!

Here's the lines I liked most in Chap 14:

1)Cary's closing line is the best thing I've ever read in quite a long time

but I found myself smiling also at Eva's

2) I've never dated ayone who makes national headlines by sneezing

CIAO!!!

lol! I love the second one!

Hi Gabri,

She was too fake nice with Eva. She didn't seem genuine enough. agreed she's like a serpent lol

Not only was she fake but she intentionally said things that she knew was upsetting. She just happened to mention that she called him while he was at a function. That very same function in which he left Eva at. We know he told her on the phone that he was with someone. She's a smart girl she knew what she was doing, when she "accidentally" let that slip. Yes, i know that Gideon should have been honest with Eva about Corrine.

Not only was she fake but she intentionally said things that she knew was upsetting. She just happened to mention that she called him while he was at a function. That very same function in which he left Eva at. We know he told her on the phone that he was with someone. She's a smart girl she knew what she was doing, when she "accidentally" let that slip. Yes, i know that Gideon should have been honest with Eva about Corrine.

Plus Corrine immediately made use of the fact Gideon didn't talk about her at all to Eva. Knowing his past tendencies against talking about things, Corrine figured she could feed Eva anything she (Corrine) wanted and if Eva tried asking Gideon about it, Gideon would be reluctant to talk about it with Eva.

Weeks later, Corrine was still up to it. During the showdown on Corrine's doorstep, Corrine was careful to ascertain Gideon wasn't even aware what Eva was doing. Corrine knew he hadn't been spending any time with Eva, but now Corrine confirmed suspicions Gideon wasn't even in any sort of contact anymore with Eva. Which actually had been the case for a while, right on up to brief contact 24 hours before (the elevator encounter.)

One thing that has always gnawed at me. Gideon sent Eva a note card or as Eva read it, a dear Jane card, stating, "thank you, Eva. For everything" yours , G. With her apartment keys. A brush off as I read it, so did she.

In the next chapter, when they were talking, he kept saying they never broke up for those four days. Why did he phrase that card so badly?

One thing that has always gnawed at me. Gideon sent Eva a note card or as Eva read it, a dear Jane card, stating, "thank you, Eva. For everything" yours , G. With her apartment keys. A brush off as I read it, so did she.

In the next chapter, when they were talking, he kept saying they never broke up for those four days. Why did he phrase

that card so badly?

also don't get why he would send a note like that then say they never broke up.

In the next chapter, when they were talking, he kept saying they never broke up for those four days. Why did he phrase that card so badly?

Gideon is not used to women walking away. Because they've always chased him. And all he had to do is snap his fingers and they'd run back.

He just didn't get it that Eva isn't like any of those other women who will grovel, beg, settle.

First date: he pushes her away emotionally.

Next day: assumes she'll talk to him on the phone.

Monday: assumes she'll still have lunch with him.

Result -- he had to beg her to give him another chance.

First breakup: he pushes her away.

By next day: knowing he screwed up, he figured she'd come back on her own. He was waiting for her to make the next move.

By day four: finally figured out he needed to beg her for another chance.

Week he killed Nathan: he pushes her away.

Six days into mistreatment: she dumps him

More than a week later: still expects her to wait for him. When she tells him "there is no us" he says "stop saying that." Claims to her that she has him. She tells him it's not true - and she's already moving on.

That final time he finally got it -- if he didn't change, she was gone for good.

Gideon is not used to women walking away. Because they've always chased him. And all he had to do is snap his fingers and they'd run back.

He just didn't get it that Eva isn't like any of those other women who will grovel, beg, settle.

By next day: knowing he screwed up, he figured she'd come back on her own. He was waiting for her to make the next move.

More than a week later: still expects her to wait for him. When she tells him "there is no us" he says "stop saying that." Claims to her that she has him. She tells him it's not true - and she's already moving on.

That final time he finally got it -- if he didn't change, she was gone for good.

men huh!

He thought she was disgusted at what he was doing in his nightmare, she left because he lied about his nightmare, and what caused them. It all boils down to lack of communication, clamming up or running. He could have been a bit more specific on his card though.

Plus Corrine immediately made use of the fact Gideon didn't talk about her at all to Eva. Knowing his past tendencies against talking about things, Corrine figured she could feed Eva anything she (Corrine) wanted and if Eva tried asking Gideon about it, Gideon would be reluctant to talk about it with Eva.

Weeks later, Corrine was still up to it. During the showdown on Corrine's doorstep, Corrine was careful to ascertain Gideon wasn't even aware what Eva was doing. Corrine knew he hadn't been spending any time with Eva, but now Corrine confirmed suspicions Gideon wasn't even in any sort of contact anymore with Eva. Which actually had been the case for a while, right on up to brief contact 24 hours before (the elevator encounter.)

well said LN

I think it was so hard for him to adjust to having someone want him for him and is a strong person in her own right, yes she has problems but she is dealing with them.   Like you say LN he has always had women throw themselves at him and beg him and Eva was not one of them which I think threw him so much but also showed him he could not treat her like he did the other women 

I see what you are getting at LN Coran but I still am not convinced Magdalena is not in league with Corrine in some weird loyal way with Magdalena and Corrine being old friends

I think Mags is really a friend to Gideon. She realizes she is never going to have him, and she just wants to see him happy. She "knows" Gideon. She sees how different he is with Eva, probably even realizes the difference between Gideon and Corrine's relationship when they were younger, and the relationship she sees him having with Eva. So in my opinion she's team Eva.

I think Mags is really a friend to Gideon. She realizes she is never going to have him, and she just wants to see him happy. She "knows" Gideon. She sees how different he is with Eva, probably even realizes the difference between Gideon and Corrine's relationship when they were younger, and the relationship she sees him having with Eva. So in my opinion she's team Eva.

I agree. Magdalene is very observant( like she could tell Eva and Gideon had already had sex at the advocacy dinner even though she said so more crudely) I believe she can tell how happy Gideon was with Eva and since she truely loves Gideon and only wants him happy she is willing to be "friendly" with Eva for Gideon's sake. She doesn't want to lose her friend. Since she can also probably tell how unhappy he is now that Corrine is back in picture she figures Corrine as an enemy and Eva does too. So the expression ' the enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind . Magdalene probably would much rather lose Gideon( even though she never really had him) to the love of his life than just and old flame playing mind games.

Magdalene has had a front-row seat, though, to some of Gideon's less-than-stellar treatment of Eva. All three of the occasions where the three of them happened to be together. Thus, she probably believes Gideon is to blame, along with Corrine, for him having lost Eva recently. 

The three times Magdalene has been around them, and what she saw -- her old friend screwing up:

First date, the fundraiser for the advocacy center:

Gideon in full icy-public-demeanor mode, ending with him arguing with Eva on the dance floor and then leaving on the spot. Almost immediately after is when Magdalene went after Eva in the ladies room to attempt to drive the final nail in the coffin.

Vidal garden party:

Eva came to the party with Cary instead of Gideon. Gideon showed up angry and dragged Eva out of the garden into the house, presumably to send her packing in the driveway. Eva was furious as he pulled her away. Magdalene waited a little bit, then went into the house, obviously to to find Gideon, figuring Eva's gone. That's when Magdalene instead found Gideon making love to Eva in the library.

Night Corrine crashed the fundraiser:

Gideon immediately went off with Corrine on his arm, to talk to her alone. Eva sat miserable with Magdalene, tossing back drinks and having just been blindsided by her (Eva's) own boyfriend. Then Gideon and Eva disappeared for a short while (Magdalene naturally would have assumed they went somewhere private to argue.) When the pair of them returned and sat down to dinner, Gideon allowed Corrine to again monopolize him. A jerk who hated Gideon (Lucas) called Gideon on his (Gideon's) mistreatment of Eva, and Eva, knowing Lucas had a point, agreed with him. Then she walked out on Gideon, who full of remorse went tearing after her soon after.

I wonder whether Magdalene got a look at Gideon's eyes when he read Eva's text announcing she was out of there. Terror? I've always wondered too, how awkward things probably were at that table between the time Eva walked off and a couple of minutes later when she texted Gideon she was out of there. Did Gideon and Lucas fight while Corrine sat there suddenly forgotten?

When Eva told Corrine at her apartment that maybe if Corrine was his friend, she'd see that he was deeply hurting. A true friend would see that. In my opinion that was the slap in the face that stung a lot more proving Corrine doesn't care about Gideon's feelings at all because all she cares about is being his wife and making sure she's eliminated the competition. Can you imagine if he ever did tell her about his nightmares and his past? I can't imagine her being the type to stick around during the bad times only the good. I can't wait until she's written out of the chapter. I've completely changed my opinion about Magdalene because she cares

about her friend Gideon.

So true

men huh!

He thought she was disgusted at what he was doing in his nightmare, she left because he lied about his nightmare, and what caused them. It all boils down to lack of communication, clamming up or running. He could have been a bit more specific on his card though.

He wasn't thinking clearly. I keep going back to the fact that he is a "virgin" when it comes to having a relationship. And their relationship is more intense then most!

Magdalene has had a front-row seat, though, to some of Gideon's less-than-stellar treatment of Eva. All three of the occasions where the three of them happened to be together. Thus, she probably believes Gideon is to blame, along with Corrine, for him having lost Eva recently. 

The three times Magdalene has been around them, and what she saw -- her old friend screwing up:

Gideon in full icy-public-demeanor mode, ending with him arguing with Eva on the dance floor and then leaving on the spot. Almost immediately after is when Magdalene went after Eva in the ladies room to attempt to drive the final nail in the coffin.

Vidal garden party:

Eva came to the party with Cary instead of Gideon. Gideon showed up angry and dragged Eva out of the garden into the house, presumably to send her packing in the driveway. Eva was furious as he pulled her away. Magdalene waited a little bit, then went into the house, obviously to to find Gideon, figuring Eva's gone. That's when Magdalene instead found Gideon making love to Eva in the library.

Gideon immediately went off with Corrine on his arm, to talk to her alone. Eva sat miserable with Magdalene, tossing back drinks and having just been blindsided by her (Eva's) own boyfriend. Then Gideon and Eva disappeared for a short while (Magdalene naturally would have assumed they went somewhere private to argue.) When the pair of them returned and sat down to dinner, Gideon allowed Corrine to again monopolize him. A jerk who hated Gideon (Lucas) called Gideon on his (Gideon's) mistreatment of Eva, and Eva, knowing Lucas had a point, agreed with him. Then she walked out on Gideon, who full of remorse went tearing after her soon after.

I wonder whether Magdalene got a look at Gideon's eyes when he read Eva's text announcing she was out of there. Terror? I've always wondered too, how awkward things probably were at that table between the time Eva walked off and a couple of minutes later when she texted Gideon she was out of there. Did Gideon and Lucas fight while Corrine sat there suddenly forgotten?

Yeh Magdalena has been there a lot and I think after the way you have explained things, Magdalena probably feels sorry for Eva, I think she knows that Gideon is head over heals for Eva and Eva for Gideon but she is angry with her old friend treating Eva like he did at the dinner with Corrine and that is why she probably eaves dropped and then told Eva Gideon was trying to manage Corrine.  

I would imagine that after Eva left Gideon was lost and broken up and Magdalena saw that in his face especially when she told Eva that he has never gone after anyone in his life only her and I think Magdalena saw then how much Gideon felt for Eva and she knew she had to get closure and just been a friend 

Vidal garden party:

i often wondered what happened to the two men, after Eva left. Oh to be a fly on that wall. Corrines nose was put out of joint that night.

Also, when Gideon went to get Eva back from the garden party, when they leave, the security team Gideon lost when driving off fast is sitting outside. Eva notices them. I think they were already there, tailing Eva and Cary . Gideon said they were following him. Did he lie so she wouldn't find out she was being watched?