SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I totally agree with this I do not think Corinne had serious mental health issues at all except those caused by the inappropriate medication she received. Also even Eva said it is harder to be the one left behind , she didn't seem to have mental health issues the first time when Gideon actually broke off an ENGAGEMENT .... Gideon actually confirmed that himself. And it could also be that Corinne's I'll fated pregnancy plan was doomed and she had to get desperate... No Corinne is as sane as the rest of us but desperate and obsessed are a dangerous combination!!

Agree!! One note though, Corrine broke the engagement, not the other way around. She did it as an ultimatum, hoping it would finally make Gideon fight for their relationship (because all along, he hadn't been). It backfired, though -- he was secretly relieved she called off the engagement, and he let her walk.

She walked right to Jean-Francois, however -- someone Gideon knew too back then and thought was a nice guy. So Corrine didn't pull a kah-ray-zee back seven years ago (which is when the relationship with Gideon ended with a broken engagement). She obviously married JFG on the rebound.

But spent years since then still holding the Gideon torch. Her marriage started to fall apart over it. But something made her desperate, and that something was NOT Eva. Corrine hadn't even known about Eva's existence yet when she dramatically decided to move back to New York. She booked a flight and then called Gideon on a Saturday night (New York time, which actually meant pre-dawn hours in France) "in crisis" to ask him to be on hand when she arrived in New York, because she needed his help to settle in.

I think the "crisis" was finding out about her unplanned pregnancy -- she decided to scramble in order to use the pregnancy to trap Gideon, figuring a baby was her best desperate shot at getting him to promise to marry her the instant her divorce became final.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree!! One note though, Corrine broke the engagement, not the other way around. She did it as an ultimatum, hoping it would finally make Gideon fight for their relationship (because all along, he hadn't been). It backfired, though -- he was secretly relieved she called off the engagement, and he let her walk.

She walked right to Jean-Francois, however -- someone Gideon knew too back then and thought was a nice guy. So Corrine didn't pull a kah-ray-zee back seven years ago (which is when the relationship with Gideon ended with a broken engagement). She obviously married JFG on the rebound.

But spent years since then still holding the Gideon torch. Her marriage started to fall apart over it. But something made her desperate, and that something was NOT Eva. Corrine hadn't even known about Eva's existence yet when she dramatically decided to move back to New York. She booked a flight and then called Gideon on a Saturday night (New York time, which actually meant pre-dawn hours in France) "in crisis" to ask him to be on hand when she arrived in New York, because she needed his help to settle in.

I think the "crisis" was finding out about her unplanned pregnancy -- she decided to scramble in order to use the pregnancy to trap Gideon, figuring a baby was her best desperate shot at getting him to promise to marry her the instant her divorce became final.

Agree. 100%

No you are correct there is no way Anne could have known that from a simple pregnancy test and that is all they would perform in a psychiatric setting she would have had to have an ultrasound to know a definitive date...

This is one dark and very dangerous path(for Eva ) that we are treading here.

Anne, thinking the baby's Gideons and planning its destruction for want of a better word, is one wack job. She is a psychopath.

What I want to know is, did she sleep with Gideon because of who he is, then falling in love with him, because her marriage was in trouble. Which resulted in Gideon then sending her back to Terry, Gideon getting revenge on Terry for alienating his family from him.

Shes h e l l bent on on revenge, for herself, her brother(does she know what her brother was, Terry did),and her nephew(Gideon knew what it's like to lose a parent).

Like Gideon kept secrets from Eva to protect her, did Terry do the same to Anne?

She needs a padded cell.

Do you think SD is just trying to drive us crazy with the THROATS and HAIR COLOR? Will these burning questions ever be answered?

Well, nuzziing Gandy's throat was my knee-jerk reaction to him.... Perhaps it works for some of us ladies....as for hair colouring, I'm still debating Gideon's routine with the brunettes, can you imagine?

I really hope SD will tell us what the deal is with both these notorious puzzles!!

Anne, thinking the baby's Gideons and planning its destruction for want of a better word, is one wack job. She is a psychopath.

What I want to know is, did she sleep with Gideon because of who he is, then falling in love with him, because her marriage was in trouble. Which resulted in Gideon then sending her back to Terry, Gideon getting revenge on Terry for alienating his family from him.

Shes h e l l bent on on revenge, for herself, her brother(does she know what her brother was, Terry did),and her nephew(Gideon knew what it's like to lose a parent).

Like Gideon kept secrets from Eva to protect her, did Terry do the same to Anne?

She needs a padded cell.

I say again Hannibal Lechter CREEPY!!

She needs a padded cell.

Eva's CRAZY radar went wild when she found out Anne was a shrink and Eva is pretty accurate with her hunches...

Wicked!!!!!

Question #3: are you a natural brunette? 

(Though I suppose a check of the "carpeting" might uncover the blondes and redheads willing to dye their hair dark and wear it long because that's believed to be Gideon's real preference - HAH!)

The "carpeting" cracks me up!!!!!!! :D

Question #3: are you a natural brunette? 

(Though I suppose a check of the "carpeting" might uncover the blondes and redheads willing to dye their hair dark and wear it long because that's believed to be Gideon's real preference - HAH!)

LMAO.

What's the answer to those that have gone back to the floorboards? ;)

LMAO.

What's the answer to those that have gone back to the floorboards? ;)

Hi Julie

what about "you'll never know what you're missing"? lol

Question, resident ob/gyn expert golfergirl: If Corrine took a home pregnancy test at around 3 a.m., would that be too early in the morning to get an accurate result? Would around 5-6 weeks be too early to get a positive result, period.

The night Corrine called Gideon "in crisis" to suddenly announce she was moving back to New York, and had even booked a flight -- would Gideon be on hand at when she arrived to help her settle in ....

• She called him from France on a Saturday night, catching him while he was at the advocacy center fundraiser/first date with Eva.
  • Gideon definitely picked up Eva at 7 p.m. -- earlier in the day, he told her to be ready at that time.
  • I'm guessing the dinner itself started at 8 p.m. Gideon gave the dinner speech.
  • I'm guessing Corrine's call came in around 9 p.m.
  • Based on the fact Corrine was in her fourth month at the end of Entwined, I'm making a conservative guess of 5-6 weeks when she called Gideon -- right on schedule for having missed a second period in a row.
  • 9 p.m. New York time is 3 a.m. in France.

Something made Corrine suddenly start chasing Gideon in person, and that was not Eva -- Corrine didn't even know about Eva's existence when she booked her flight and called Gideon. It wasn't until after Gideon bailed out on Eva and left so that he could talk to Corrine at length did Corrine find out about Eva.

Home pregnancy test positive result = get on the next plane to New York in order to get Gideon into bed ASAP so that she can pass off the baby as his long enough to ensure he would marry her the instant her already-filed divorce became final?

Question, resident ob/gyn expert golfergirl: If Corrine took a home pregnancy test at around 3 a.m., would that be too early in the morning to get an accurate result? Would around 5-6 weeks be too early to get a positive result, period.

The night Corrine called Gideon "in crisis" to suddenly announce she was moving back to New York, and had even booked a flight -- would Gideon be on hand at when she arrived to help her settle in ....

• She called him from France on a Saturday night, catching him while he was at the advocacy center fundraiser/first date with Eva.
  • Gideon definitely picked up Eva at 7 p.m. -- earlier in the day, he told her to be ready at that time.
  • I'm guessing the dinner itself started at 8 p.m. Gideon gave the dinner speech.
  • Based on the fact Corrine was in her fourth month at the end of Entwined, I'm making a conservative guess of 5-6 weeks when she called Gideon -- right on schedule for having missed a second period in a row.

Something made Corrine suddenly start chasing Gideon in person, and that was not Eva -- Corrine didn't even know about Eva's existence when she booked her flight and called Gideon. It wasn't until after Gideon bailed out on Eva and left so that he could talk to Corrine at length did Corrine find out about Eva.

Home pregnancy tests are very accurate these days. They can tell you even a few days after your first missed period.

Home pregnancy test positive result = get on the next plane to New York in order to get Gideon into bed ASAP so that she can pass off the baby as his long enough to ensure he would marry her the instant her already-filed divorce became final?

No the urine pregnancy tests are very accurate;;;you don't need much pregnancy hormone to have it be positive,,,but it doesnt tell you how far along you are or if the pregnancy is working out or not

for that we usually first do blood numbers (called Beta hCG) and if there is a question that its too low or not rising appropriately we get a sonogram which is the most accurate in terms of dating and/or if its working out (you can still have a positive urine pregnancy test and have the pregnancy not working out)

so getting back to our corrine question, if she was 5-6 weeks pregnant there in France a urine pregnancy test would be positive immediately then and there...time for her to head into the trap Gideon plan...

was that the ob/gyn question of the day?

I took a pregnancy test at 4 weeks pregnant at about 4am in the morning and it showed positive straight away (I couldn't sleep for peeing and I thought that could be why I was right!! :) ) so it is possible.

Also whoever said about Ann Lucas and doing a test on corrine it is possible she could have determined how far along she was. In Britain we have clear blue tests that displays how far along you are, only up until 6/7 weeks but it could be a part of the story!