SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sharonm745,

I agree with your point and with Kirsten’s point as well.  I think that security would be necessary because Eva is a woman of wealth and is connected to an extremely powerful man and with that comes potential problems.  I think that regardless of where Eva goes, I am sure that security will always accompany her.  Whether she likes it or not, it is something that she will have to accept.  I don’t think that Gideon will ever acquiesce on that point.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

Hi Kirsten & Jessica,

You both make some good points about Elizabeth Vidal.  I was grossed out by the way she greeted Eva.  The contact was far too intimate and every meeting between her and Eva since has been stranger and more hostile than the last.  Did anyone else happen to notice that as well?

Hi Kirsten,

I was thinking about what you said about Christopher Jr. and I was wondering what do you think Jr.’s motives were for releasing the video?  Was it strictly revenge against his brother?  He surely couldn’t believe that Gideon would leave Eva over a video.  Or could it be that Christopher Jr. released the video to get back at Eva for passing him over for his brother. 

Your Tat-Trey-Cary had me rolling around in laughter!  Great tag line!  I will be really interested to see just exactly whether Ms. Mamma is preggers or whether she is going to continue to knock boots in the hopes of become preggers (I would love to see an ultrasound or an actual blood test with her full name on it confirming her pregnancy).  Quick question though:  How accurately can OBGYN’s date the conception?  I wonder whether Tatiana became pregnant while Cary was recovering in hospital. 

Initially I thought that Tatiana might be someone good for Cary because she “seemed†to accept him for whom he is, but I now have to wonder whether she had ulterior motives from the beginning.  I will have to keep my eyes on her.  I also have to wonder how Trey is going to react when he hears that news.  I really feel badly for him.  I guess time will tell.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Sharonm745,

I was reading your comments about Corinne and I just wanted to say thank you.  They were thought provoking and quite frankly provided some much need articulate perspective about a much skewed subject. 

I agree with you that it is upsetting that Corinne couldn’t step aside and let her “friend†finally have a shot at love and happiness.  I think where I differ from you is that I don’t think Gideon ever told Corinne why he let her walk out the door.  I don’t think that he ever let her off of the emotion hook that she had placed herself on.  But from your perspective, I could see why someone could be very upset about this woman coming back into Gideon’s life even after he told that he didn’t love her and that there was never going to be a chance.  I guess the real question is:

1. Did Gideon ever tell Corinne why he let her walk out on him all of those years ago?
  2. Did he also tell her why he never chased after her?  I think those two questions will be key in determining whether Corinne is mentally ill or just really nasty.

You mentioned something about Corinne hurting Gideon by attempting suicide and I can see your perspective.  My point is, that if someone attempts suicide they cannot be mentally stable or in a right state of mind.  I don’t know of anyone either professionally or personally who tried to kill themselves just for spite.  Each one of those individuals was extremely mentally distressed.  We know from the writing that the suicide attempt was serious enough that she ended up having a miscarriage (so it potentially couldn’t have been just a “staged†suicide attempt). 

I am glad to hear that someone isn’t happy that she tried to kill herself. Some of the postings have been quite suggestive about Corinne’s demise would ruffle a feather for many readers.

I think that you are absolutely correct; hopefully the next two books could shed some light on this matter.  Thanks for the chat.  :)

Hi Mam2e,

I read your posting and I agree, Corinne treated her husband badly.  She could have been adult about the entire situation, sat down her husband and explained that she had made a terrible mistake by marrying a man who would never be Gideon Cross.  I think when I read those passages from the other two books; something inside of Corinne snapped when she heard that the man she loved first and was still in love with, was finally moving on and had fallen in love with another woman.  I think Corinne coming back to New York was her last ditch attempt at trying to find happiness.  I absolutely agree that what she did was wrong.  I can also see a woman who had begun to mentally unravel long before Gideon ever met Eva. I think that Gideon’s moving on created the situation for many reasons.  Corinne could have already been very desperate within herself and her marriage and as such wouldn’t have been making rational decisions. 

All of the things that Corinne did are undoubtedly nasty!  I think that where you and I differ is that I think that Corinne was mentally unstable long before she started acting out.  I think that seeing Gideon and Eva together is the final straw that broke the “camels’ backâ€.  It sent her over the edge. What we as the reader saw were the acts of one incredibly desperate woman who literally broke into a million pieces.

You bring up another interesting point.  I think many of the readers have been so worried about Eva that was the one thing I never worried about.   Sylvia Day did such a brilliant job of creating a character who is a survivor!  If all of this had played out during the first book then I could understand the hatred and animosity, but Sylvia did such a brilliant job of bringing the Eva character along, that I didn’t worry about her.  The one thing that I could be sure of was that Eva would survive!  Sylvia created one horrible situation and Eva crawled through emotionally, but she survived.  Then another problem popped up, just a little bit worse, and again Eva survived.  Then when the big whammy came, Eva not only survived, but she started to move on, which to me means that she started to thrive (even if for a little bit).  For me, all of those little steps were signs that Eva was well on her way to mending her self-esteem.

As far as the Gideon situation is concerned; I think that at the least he owes Corinne one final chat; let her off the hook if he already hasn’t and the courtesy of an explanation as to why their relationship would have never worked out.  Then it would be ciao, ciao Corinne!  It would be up to Corinne, her family and her doctors to deal with her.  Thank you for giving me insight into your perspective.  It makes this forum and my understanding of the books so much more interesting and enriching.  :)

Hi Rogue,

You bring up an interesting point and question:  Did Gideon register the marriage at city hall yet or not?  My thought is no.  Unless someone knew Gideon’s vacation destination, no reporter or police detective would think to go snooping for a marriage certificate or license (I don’t know what the custom or the legalities are of getting married outside of the US).  So I don’t think that anyone would have even thought that these two were going to inadvertently elope (at least on Eva’s part). 

I also still think that Gideon may be under investigation.  I know that I as the reader don’t have anything to go by (i.e. Sylvia writing such a thing), but that whole “Russian Mob†scenario was just too convenient for me.  If that didn’t raise HUGE RED FLAGS, then I don’t know what would from a detectives’ point of view.

I know that detectives are all about solving crimes, but even for a seasoned certain of the police force, that entire scenario reeked of a cover-up! What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Jessica,

I agree with you.  I don’t know what was going through Elizabeth Vidal’s mind when she called Gideon to go to the hospital.  Neither Gideon nor Eva should have ever gone.  I have to wonder if anyone looked at Elizabeth strangely after that little “blow up†at the hospital.  I hope so. 

Hi Julie,

I read your comments and I am not sure that Eva’s pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage would have affected her reaction to the fact that Corinne miscarried a baby that she may or may not have known about.  Not much is written on what Eva’s thoughts were about becoming pregnant by her step-brother after having being repeatedly raped and tortured for four years.  I think it is like comparing apples and oranges. 

I think that Corinne’s parents would most likely have been too busy worrying about their daughter to even notice Eva’s presence.  I think that if anything, this entire situation would have backfired in Elizabeth Vidal’s face.  I wonder what the atmosphere would have been like after Eva and Gideon left the room?  What does everyone think?

Hi everyone,

I know that there has been much chat about the sex tape and who has it and who knows about it.   If Christopher Jr. knew about the sex tape or was trying to have it released, what does he gain by having the sex tape released?  If it is to hurt Gideon, wouldn’t he be hurting himself more?  Surely of all people, wouldn’t Christopher Jr. worried about Gideon’s wrath or any potential downfall?  What does everyone think?

Hi Rogue,

I read your comments about Eva and Brett and I get where you are coming from.  I wonder if Brett even knows about the sex tape and also how he will react when he finds out about it?  Will Brett finally stand up, be a man and do everything within his power to keep Eva away from any backlash or will Brett try and use that tape to emotionally blackmail Eva?  

Personally, I thought that the only reason Eva went to the Golden Event was to keep up appearances (and nothing more).  I could see a scenario where Eva changes her mind and blows Brett off when they go to San Diego.  That scenario might be over just as quick as a wink.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Rogue,

I agree with your assessment.  Too much has happened between Gideon and Corinne to maintain a friendship, even just a casual one.  In this situation, it is best to let sleeping dogs lie. 

As far as the Corinne seeing Anne, I have to agree with you.  That entire scenario would just be far too convenient for me to swallow as well.  I don’t think that Anne was her doctor or was the one treating her.  You are also correct in that the prescription would have the name of the doctor on Corinne’s bottle.  I don’t doubt for one minute that Gideon would have looked at what Corinne was taking, given her increasingly erratic behaviour.  Gideon has been far too shrewd and involved to just suddenly drop the ball. 

I have a feeling that we may all be really surprised about how this entire Corinne/medications/psychiatrist storyline plays out.  I have a feeling we may all be thrown for a loop.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi everyone,

I thought about all of the theories for the past books and what the possible outcomes might before the next books, I hope that a majority of Eva’s have been resolved:

• Eva and Gideon got together, became and became a couple.  Eva then dropped the bomb about her past and still wound up with Gideon at the end of book one.  Eva also realized that Gideon had many secrets.
  • Book two:  Eva and Gideon broke up, got back together and supposedly broke up again.  It was clear that communication and the threat of Nathan were the two biggest themes.
  • Book three:  Nathan’s taking a dirt nap, Eva and Gideon secretly got back together, eloped and is still working on communication.
  • Book four:  ???
  • Book five:  ???

Hi Fayeth,

I agree with your assessment.  I don’t think that Gideon ever really had a discussion with his mother about the engagement ring.  I think that he had it in his possession long before he ever met anyone significant.

I also don’t think that because of his estranged relationship with his mother, she wouldn’t have been privy to what was going on in his personal life.  If a son asks for a family ring to propose marriage and the marriage doesn’t take place, the ring usually goes back to the mother. 

A more plausible scenario would have been Gideon receiving the engagement ring in his father’s will when he turned of age.  In that scenario Gideon wouldn’t have had to have any contact with his mother and it could also explain why Elizabeth Vidal looked so shocked and blindsided, after seeing the ring on Eva’s finger. 

Hi Sharonm745,

I think that Eva suggested the separate sleeping quarters (adjoining rooms without doors) so that on some level they could both sleep in the same room, but in separate beds while Gideon deals with his “nightmaresâ€. 

I hope that with time and a lot of therapy, these two will be able to sleep in the same bed without Eva fearing for her safety and Gideon fearing that he will harm Eva. 

Hi Gayle,

I read your posting and I think that would just be so brutal; Corinne having to propose to two men…sigh!  How could that not affect her emotionally?  I hope that Jean Francois proposed at least.  It might make going back to him and reconciling at little bit easier if he did.  At least her husband loved her enough to make the first move in the marriage department.

Your theory about how Corinne may have met Anne Lucas is absolutely sinister and plausible.  Under those circumstances, I would still feel sorry for Corinne.  She gains some of my sympathy because she did try to get help. Again, I don't condone what she did or excuse it in any way.

Hi Peachies,

Your theory about why Christopher Jr. may be pushing the sex tape (or has knowledge of it, who knows) is plausible.  I only struggle with how short sighted that plan is.  I have wondered how smart or devious Christopher Jr. really is and what his reaction to the news, that Eva and Gideon are now married, will be.  Oh to be a fly on that wall….

Hi Fayeth,

I read your posting on the potential of Christopher Jr. becoming a good brother-in-law and any theory thus far is fair game.  If Christopher Jr. does happen to misbehave, we all are sure that Eva can and most likely will tag-team with her hubby about putting a smack-down on Jr’s behind! :)

I just really hope that Ireland doesn’t get caught in the crossfire (no pun intended :)).  Otherwise, my name is Shecky… :)

Hi Shan,

I could seriously see all the weirdoes coming out the woodwork when they find out that Gideon is engaged.  Then again, I could see them all looking for a rock to crawl under from the embarrassment of realizing that while they may have had a strange  se**** encounter with one of the world’s sexiest billionaires; Eva got the man, and all they got were strange s** toys and no man.  Ah the irony of it all…

Hi Sharonm745,

I think that your theory that maybe Christopher Jr. may have been threatened into remaining quiet (if he knew about Gideon’s abuse) is plausible.  A child having to carry that kind of heavy burden could really affect him/her psychologically.

A quick side:  Did anyone see the movie North Country?  It starred Charlize Theron.  There was a part in the movie where Charlize’s character got raped by her teacher when she and a male friend got held back for detention.  Her male classmate physically left the room for some innocent reason and the teacher attacked Charlize’s character.  On his way back to the classroom, he witnessed Charlize being raped and couldn’t do anything to help his friend.  In that moment he froze and just watched his friend being violated all while she looked at him pleading for help in her eyes and clearly saying out loud no I don’t want this.  Stop hurting me. 

Charlize’s character got pregnant as a result of the rape and everyone in town labeled her a sl**.  Her classmate and friend who watched her get raped and pleaded for her attacker/teacher to stop hurting her, turned against her, because of his anger over not being able to help his friend.  It was easier for him to attack the person who had been attacked then to have to deal with the trauma of having to watch a friend get raped. 

Could this type of scenario be playing out between Christopher Jr. and his brother?  What does everyone think?

well, Eva did say she didn't see his white head anywhere when she was scanning the crowd.

Hi Jmhope & Kirsten, 

I guess that is the big question:  Are Dr. Lucas and his wife Anne still married?  Did their marriage survive the affair?  If it didn't then why on earth would they attend a social function together?  So many questions, now all we have to do is wait....

Soooo sick of Corinne. Cut. Her. Off. For the love of God! You can't be friends with your exes. Even though he says he's not leading her on...HE IS! Attention is giving her HOPE.

Seems like there's more going on between Deanna and Gideon. I no likey.

And Elizabeth. Whew!

I loved this book because it's Eva and Gideon against the world and they're doing it. The wedding was perfect. I can relate. My husband got me to marry him the same way. We didnt tell for a while, because of my mom :/ BUT, I still haven't had the wedding. I will live vicariously through Mr. And Mrs. Cross.

Hi MicheleWV, 

I had this great post written out and I lost another post yet again! Augh!!  Grrr!!!

I agree with you! I think Deanna has got some serious issues!  What woman in her right mind goes after a man who one-night-stand her?  She was a grown woman for pete's sake.  Sigh!  She will be someone to watch...

I was really thrown for a loop as far as Elizabeth Vidal was concerned.  I was so surprised that after her last confrontation with Eva, Elizabeth never said a word to her son.  I think that is something huge that may play out in the next book!  I can't figure out for  the life of me what is rattling around in that woman's head.

I really hope that our questions will all e answered and that all of the lose ends get tied up before the ending of the series.  Let's hope the characters all geth their happily ever afters.