SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 140, Gideon on his cell phone talking to a crying Corrine, trying to yet again explain they're friends but he can't give her what she wants ... Eva walks in on the conversation, in tears because she'd just finished talking on the phone to her father about Nathan ... just before Gideon noticed Eva standing there and immediately ending the Corrine call ...

"Stop," he said icily. "This isn't the tack you want to take with me, Corrine."

The word "icy" I immediately associated with Elizabeth Vidal, how icy Gideon was with his mother (and when talking about her too). I wondered to myself then whether Corrine had started playing the family card, and that's when Gideon chilled.

That was my first red flag that Corrine had reconnected with the Vidals -- and that both she and Elizabeth got into some weird codependent dynamic of trying to join forces so that both of them could get Gideon back in their own way -- Elizabeth get back the son she lost and Corrine get back the lost love of her life.

I just reread this chapter and shortly after this phone call, Eva asks Gideon whay Corinne wanted (besides him) He told her she was "teary" and that he'd never heard her like that before. I assume this is the 'tack' she was now trying with Gideon. That's not to say she wasn't talking about how much his family/mother wanted them back together while crying though...

I can't find the post but I think someone said they thought Michael might be Hugh's son out for revenge against Gideon for his father's suicide.

Based on the information we have though, Gideon had to have been financially very well off when he confronted Hugh - he threatened to set up an unlimited fund to finance any lawsuits against him.

Therefore Gideon had to be at least 21 which was 7 years ago as he is now 28. He stated that Hugh had a young son who was only a few years old when his father committed suicide, so I'd estimate he's approximately 10-12 now. I don't think we need to worry about him targeting Gideon and Eva just yet.

Scarlett Johansson and David Gandy for a Dolce and Gabbana ad!

I am not a big fan of hers, I know that a lot of people see her as Eva but I just don't see it. There is something about her that I just do not get. David Gandy though... that man is seriously swoon worthy. He is definitely fun to look at. I really hope that the producers are able to make a deal work with Henry Cavill because I have to agree that he is definitely Gideon.

I am not a big fan of hers, I know that a lot of people see her as Eva but I just don't see it. There is something about her that I just do not get. David Gandy though... that man is seriously swoon worthy. He is definitely fun to look at. I really hope that the producers are able to make a deal work with Henry Cavill because I have to agree that he is definitely Gideon.

I agree with you I'm not a big fan of her. Eva's body is like hers but for me that's as far as it goes. As an actress that plays Eva on TV I dont see her playing that role. 

David Gandy is gorgeous! 

I agree with you I'm not a big fan of her. Eva's body is like hers but for me that's as far as it goes. As an actress that plays Eva on TV I dont see her playing that role. 

David Gandy is gorgeous! 

I think she is to old to play Eva, although I know she is Sylvia's choice.

Soooo sick of Corinne. Cut. Her. Off. For the love of God! You can't be friends with your exes. Even though he says he's not leading her on...HE IS! Attention is giving her HOPE.

Seems like there's more going on between Deanna and Gideon. I no likey.

And Elizabeth. Whew!

I loved this book because it's Eva and Gideon against the world and they're doing it. The wedding was perfect. I can relate. My husband got me to marry him the same way. We didnt tell for a while, because of my mom :/ BUT, I still haven't had the wedding. I will live vicariously through Mr. And Mrs. Cross.

Soooo sick of Corinne. Cut. Her. Off. For the love of God! You can't be friends with your exes. Even though he says he's not leading her on...HE IS! Attention is giving her HOPE.

Seems like there's more going on between Deanna and Gideon. I no likey.

And Elizabeth. Whew!

I loved this book because it's Eva and Gideon against the world and they're doing it. The wedding was perfect. I can relate. My husband got me to marry him the same way. We didnt tell for a while, because of my mom :/ BUT, I still haven't had the wedding. I will live vicariously through Mr. And Mrs. Cross.

I feel like Corrine needs cutting off IMMEDIATELY. Stow the freakin guilt Cross. Eva will be in SD and Gideon will be home sorting out Corrine's in-patient treatment. Enough already.

I think we will have more of Gideon and Eva against the world in the next two.

You want the wedding Michele? My friend eloped in a similar manner and she never wanted the ceremony they said they would eventually have. They have big family issues so I think once the cat was out of the bag, they were just happy they were married and never started to plan anything else.

David Gandy is gorgeous! 

I like Scarlet in some things but she isn't consistent.  I'm not a big fan either but if she is chosen I hope she is on point.

Eva has grown in the last 3 books. There is NO way she would break his trust!

I think Eva knows cheating is a HARD LIMIT!! Remember in RIY when Eva was distraught over Coinne's appearance at the Crossfire looking freshly fuc$ed? Later when she and Gideon were rehashing the event he says"secrets are something we can work through cheating isn't." There is no way she would cheat after all it took them to get where they are now in their relationship...

I think Eva knows cheating is a HARD LIMIT!! Remember in RIY when Eva was distraught over Coinne's appearance at the Crossfire looking freshly fuc$ed? Later when she and Gideon were rehashing the event he says"secrets are something we can work through cheating isn't." There is no way she would cheat after all it took them to get where they are now in their relationship...

I agree. Eva will be faithful to Gideon. If Brett pushes his luck he may get to see a whole new side to Eva.... The Krav Maga side :-D Followed by Cary swooping closely followed by Gideon

I just want to say that I think Deanna is def a stalker...maybe a 'bunny boiler' as you ladies have said. She's making me nervous. Stalking Eva at her place, all those events, corinnes , Magdalena , crosstrainer etc. how could she really be so bent out of shape w her one night w Gideon ? What dd she expect ? The ring ? Lol

I just want to say that I think Deanna is def a stalker...maybe a 'bunny boiler' as you ladies have said. She's making me nervous. Stalking Eva at her place, all those events, corinnes , Magdalena , crosstrainer etc. how could she really be so bent out of shape w her one night w Gideon ? What dd she expect ? The ring ? Lol

Nathalia~ I agree, first Deanna is obsessed about getting dirt on Gideon. Following and interviewing anyone she knows has a history with Gideon. Then he takes her out for a glass of wine and apologizes. She then feels close enough to him to sit down in Eva's empty seat, touch him and engage in a private conversation. Eva better be very careful with this one, I see another whack job from Gideon's past haunting them, causing trouble.

Hi Jmhope,

I think that the Lucas family tree is seriously screwed up.  What I will be interested to know is just how many of them are seriously off their rockers.  Hugh was a pedophile; Anne is what; a woman who may or may not have known about her brother’s pedophilia, tracked down the child, seduced the man (Gideon), lured in the ex-fiancé (Corinne), purposely medicated her to induce complete mental instability and drove her to attempt suicide, all the while researching and figuring out who Cary was, then engaging in a s** act with him all the while to do what? I don’t think that devious sociopath could even begin to describe this woman. 

Now we have Dr. Lucas, who is an absolute weasel!  The man did or did not see physical signs of sexual abuse but covered up the entire situation of abuse.  The good doctor then spends his life blaming the child who was abused because his wife and Gideon scre** around.  Instead of standing up and being a decent human being, he decides to pick on the weak and vulnerable. 

What other freaky sickos are there in this family clan?  One can only wonder…  

Hi Kirsten,

I read your posting and I was wondering; what makes you think that Gideon will allow Eva to travel to San Diego without him (even if Cary is in tow)?  I can understand Gideon’s potential concerns prior to Nathan’s death but what I wonder is Gideon is going to trust Eva and let her deal with Brett or could it be that Gideon allows Eva to go to SD under the guise of her going alone but he shadows her during the entire time? 

I was wonder about the whole Russian Mob thing and I have to admit that whole scenario threw me for a loop.  I was wondering; do you have any ideas on that whole thing?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Sharonm745,

You make a good point.  I think that Elizabeth Vidal would have preferred to eat ground glass than ever see her son with Eva.  I think you are right.  The fact that Eva was wearing such an important ring would have just been the icing on the cake…the ultimate slap in the face.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?