SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I have a question that I don't think anyone brought up yet.  (I try to go through all the discussions so I don't repeat but sometimes I forget where I left off.)

When Eva was talking to Gideon about the renovations at the penthouse she wants two bedrooms joined by an open bathroom.

Does that mean that the atypical sexual parasomnia will never be controlled enough for them to sleep together?

Is it necessary to have two bedrooms?  When I was reading RIY I was thinking they would have two beds and share the same room.

I want them to have a regular life that includes sharing their bed but I don't think that is possible. 

I think it eventually will be possible for them to share a bed. But I can see for now why they're both so cautious:

• Gideon is still in early treatment for his parasomnia, only about six weeks or so. 
  • There have been break-through incidents of violence even with the medication.
  • And now Gideon has had at least one nightmare Eva has seen about killing Nathan - his "old" nightmares involve him figuratively lashing out at his rapist; what about nightmares in which he's re-living committing murder.
  • Dr. Petersen isn't going to be able to help with the killing nightmares, because they'll never be able to tell him the truth about that.

My hope is that with time, he'll have worked out enough of his issues that they'll lose the power to make him erupt in his sleep. And with time, he and Eva will feel safer as the frequency and severity of the nightmares lessen. Maybe they'll try experimenting falling asleep alongside one another for naps, then start trying nights.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same thought, also. It's like he wants her as far away from him as possible. He doesn't walk in his sleep. And she's seen him act out with his nightmares.

Maybe it will get resolved and they can use that extra bedroom as a nursery. Happy thoughts!

Now I like that.

I'm envisioning Corrine locking herself in the bathroom and swallowing the bottle of pills ... then Jean-Francois finally becoming alarmed she wasn't coming out of the bathroom. Maybe broke down the door and then called an ambulance?

That's what I'm thinking.

What is she going to say about the separation.? Since she can't go into details why he pulled away from her.!?

I think with Dr. Petersen, Gideon and Eva can tell him some half truths about why Gideon distanced himself from Eva. Specifically that the police started questioning both him and Stanton about Nathan's murder. Nathan tried to extort money from both men, and Nathan possessed video/photos of Eva that could devastate her if they ever got out -- devastate her even if she simply found out about them.

• Thus it stood to reason that Gideon and/or Stanton both conceivably had motive to hire a hitman.
  • Gideon feared that if the police seriously considered him to be a suspect, they might also suspect Eva was involved, going as far as to suspect she asked Gideon to have Nathan disposed of.
  • So Gideon immediately distanced himself from Eva for her own protection for however long it took for the police to cross him off their suspect list.
  • Now it seems they finally have real leads in the investigation -- Nathan may have been killed by a gangster he'd crossed.
  • At last Gideon was able to explain to Eva why he temporarily distanced himself from her, quit contacting her in any way the police could trace (phone, email, in-person).
  • Eva understandably is hurt and it has damaged what they had -- but not beyond repair. They've come out of this more devoted to one another than ever.

All of the above is true. All they need to do is leave out the part that it wasn't the gangster, nor a hired hitman -- Gideon himself did it.

I think marrying Giroux was another attempt on Corrine's part to make Gideon want her - breaking the engagement hadn't worked. I think Corrine was guilty of using Giroux, marrying him even though she knew Gideon was really who she wanted. I feel bad for the guy - I'm sure he eventually realized she didn't really love him. And Gideon said he was a pretty decent guy.

I agree. I wonder if she proposed to him too, hoping to make Gideon jealous enough to try to win her back. Obviously, her plan didn't work. Then she thought, well marrying him will make Gideon come back-nope. Well, divorcing him will make Gideon come back-nope. Well moving back to NY will make Gideon come back-nope, etc.

I think with Dr. Petersen, Gideon and Eva can tell him some half truths about why Gideon distanced himself from Eva. Specifically that the police started questioning both him and Stanton about Nathan's murder. Nathan tried to extort money from both men, and Nathan possessed video/photos of Eva that could devastate her if they ever got out -- devastate her even if she simply found out about them.

• Thus it stood to reason that Gideon and/or Stanton both conceivably had motive to hire a hitman.
  • Gideon feared that if the police seriously considered him to be a suspect, they might also suspect Eva was involved, going as far as to suspect she asked Gideon to have Nathan disposed of.
  • So Gideon immediately distanced himself from Eva for her own protection for however long it took for the police to cross him off their suspect list.
  • Now it seems they finally have real leads in the investigation -- Nathan may have been killed by a gangster he'd crossed.
  • At last Gideon was able to explain to Eva why he temporarily distanced himself from her, quit contacting her in any way the police could trace (phone, email, in-person).
  • Eva understandably is hurt and it has damaged what they had -- but not beyond repair. They've come out of this more devoted to one another than ever.

All of the above is true. All they need to do is leave out the part that it wasn't the gangster, nor a hired hitman -- Gideon himself did it.

I was stymied thinking what she would say-BUT as usual you figured it out. D a m n but you're good!

The scenario of Jean-Francois telling Corrine that Gideon and Eva are engaged, Corrine immediately locking herself in her bathroom and then swallowing the pills without any premeditation at all, because she snapped, is more palatable than the alternative of Corrine trying the ultimate form of manipulation, a suicide attempt, to break up Eva and Gideon, binding Gideon to her forever.

Eva suspects Corrine attempted suicide to deliberately hurt Gideon. It may be true, or that may be Eva's insecurities talking to her. When it comes to Corrine, Eva's never going to be able to be 100% objective.

Maybe Corrine, who arrived in New York already half kah-ray-zee ended up being manipulated herself, manipulated by another one of Gideon's exes, Dr. Anne Lucas. How ironic is that -- Corrine set out to hurt Eva by mentally/emotionally manipulating Eva's weaknesses, and yet Corrine ended up being mentally/emotionally manipulated herself by someone else after Gideon. Talk about karma being a b i t c h.

The scenario of Jean-Francois telling Corrine that Gideon and Eva are engaged, Corrine immediately locking herself in her bathroom and then swallowing the pills without any premeditation at all, because she snapped, is more palatable than the alternative of Corrine trying the ultimate form of manipulation, a suicide attempt, to break up Eva and Gideon, binding Gideon to her forever.

Eva suspects Corrine attempted suicide to deliberately hurt Gideon. It may be true, or that may be Eva's insecurities talking to her. When it comes to Corrine, Eva's never going to be able to be 100% objective.

Maybe Corrine, who arrived in New York already half kah-ray-zee ended up being manipulated herself, manipulated by another one of Gideon's exes, Dr. Anne Lucas. How ironic is that -- Corrine set out to hurt Eva by mentally/emotionally manipulating Eva's weaknesses, and yet Corrine ended up being mentally/emotionally manipulated herself by someone else after Gideon. Talk about karma being a b i t c h.

Also remember the night of the dinner when Gideon sat and talked to Corinne all night, Dr. Lucas was there; sitting right next to Eva. When Eva left, Gideon quickly chased her, leaving both Dr. Lucas and Corinne at the table together. Who knows what those two talked about. Feeling sad? Oh, my wife is a doctor who can help you.

Can't wait for Lizzy to get home and tell Jr. and Ireland that GidEva are engaged!!!!

Ireland will be over the moon-I'm guessing Jr. not so much-HAH!

Of course that news will really make Jr. want to do something really vindictive, probably involving that sex tape. Somebody deck him, please.

Also remember the night of the dinner when Gideon sat and talked to Corinne all night, Dr. Lucas was there; sitting right next to Eva. When Eva left, Gideon quickly chased her, leaving both Dr. Lucas and Corinne at the table together. Who knows what those two talked about. Feeling sad? Oh, my wife is a doctor who can help you.

Oh Gayle-perfect scenario!!!!

Christopher Jr. really made me angry by very deliberately trying to wreck Gideon's attempt to win Eva back. As far as Christopher (and everyone else, even Ireland) knew, Times Square was the first time in weeks Gideon dared even approach Eva. So what does Christopher do very deliberately in front of Eva:

• Made it clear that Corrine talks to him (Christopher) frequently -- meaning Corrine has some sort of closeness to the Vidal family
  • Gideon is being a jerk to Corrine now by refusing to talk to her -- just like Gideon had cut off Eva for weeks (and likely will be a jerk to Eva yet again, if Eva gave Gideon any opportunity to do so)
  • Accused Gideon of (unfortunately, this part is true) of sending Corrine mixed signals -- and doing so in a way that would point out to Eva the fact that Gideon (unfortunately had done so recently) sent Eva herself mixed signals.
  • " .... gone over to her place last night." Last NIGHT. Hint, hint, Eva -- Gideon's f**** Corrine last night. He probably wants to f*** you tonight, but don't let him.

Good Lord, how much you want to bet Christopher knew all about Eva's insecurity and jealousy problem, compliments of Mrs. Giroux (who of course would have spun it as Eva being some nutjob while Corrine herself was a sweet little victim of Eva's crazy). Now Christopher is doing Corrine's dirty work for his own selfish ends --- trying to make Eva jealous and insecure and making her believe Gideon still is some cold-hearted jerk. Gideon was doing to Corrine now the exact manipulative thing he'd done to Eva -- and soon as Eva would let him back in, he'd turn on her again and run back to Corrine. Lather-rinse-repeat Gideon using women.

I think Jr wants Eva & Brett back together to boost sales and marketing for Vidal Records. Then he can show his mom he can manage a company successfully. Then he will work on Elizabeth to have her convince Gideon to not have controlling shares in the company.

This is what I was trying to say.  Thanks 2uge4p4.gif

Can't wait for Lizzy to get home and tell Jr. and Ireland that GidEva are engaged!!!!

Of course that news will really make Jr. want to do something really vindictive, probably involving that sex tape. Somebody deck him, please.

You made me smile with this posting. Can we ask Eva for a Krav Maga demo on Chris! No cheering up the back please! Oh. Go on then!

I think it eventually will be possible for them to share a bed. But I can see for now why they're both so cautious:

• Gideon is still in early treatment for his parasomnia, only about six weeks or so. 
  • There have been break-through incidents of violence even with the medication.
  • And now Gideon has had at least one nightmare Eva has seen about killing Nathan - his "old" nightmares involve him figuratively lashing out at his rapist; what about nightmares in which he's re-living committing murder.
  • Dr. Petersen isn't going to be able to help with the killing nightmares, because they'll never be able to tell him the truth about that.

My hope is that with time, he'll have worked out enough of his issues that they'll lose the power to make him erupt in his sleep. And with time, he and Eva will feel safer as the frequency and severity of the nightmares lessen. Maybe they'll try experimenting falling asleep alongside one another for naps, then start trying nights.

Maybe they will use that archway  for a swing or two Laie_23.gif

You made me smile with this posting. Can we ask Eva for a Krav Maga demo on Chris! No cheering up the back please! Oh. Go on then!

Funny-now that I see your posts it makes me smile cause I know how long and hard (sorry Gid and HC on the brain!) you worked at it. Your avatar,that is.

Did you see the hunky pic of HC from Kirsten? It's now my desktop screensaver : D

I don't trust Corinne.  I think that Jean Francois told Corinne about Gideon and Eva.  She realized she lost and thought about a last ditch attempt by committing suicide.  She called her therapist, Anne, who encouraged her to go with her plan and Gideon would come running.  Anne would tell her that Gideon couldn't leave her if she tried to take her own life for him.  

I know this is far fetched but I think Corinne was willing to do anything to get Gideon and suicide was her last resort.  Regardless I'm not sure she would actually go there if Anne didn't encourage her.

Funny-now that I see your posts it makes me smile cause I know how long and hard (sorry Gid and HC on the brain!) you worked at it. Your avatar,that is.

Did you see the hunky pic of HC from Kirsten? It's now my desktop screensaver : D

Kirsten starts my day off perfectly with a Henry picture.

Yes I finally did it with the avatar. Don't know how. Hahaha!

Enjoy the desktop picture! We would all like to enjoy Henry. Hmmmmmmm!

Good ..!! Love this..!!

OK I will admit that I am probably VERY far out on this one, but I wonder if maybe the addition of Eva to the Cross/Vidal family will bring them closer.  As a person Christopher really likes Eva, he has not (please forgive me if my brain is selectively forgetting things) done anything to hurt Eva.  He doesn't want Eva with Gideon, but he hasn't done anything to her in actuality.  So what if Christopher sees that Eva really loves Gideon and decides that if he is ever going to be "friendly" with his new sister-in-law that he will have to be with his brother too.  We know that Ireland adores Eva and we know that Christopher is close with Ireland.  We also know that Elizabeth has issues with Eva, but loves her son and we know that Chris (what little we know) seems to also really like Eva.  I am assuming, although I don't recall it being referenced, that Ireland and Elizabeth are somewhat close.  So if Ireland and Chris like and care about Eva, maybe they can help Elizabeth and Christopher see how happy Eva makes Gideon.

Again just a thought, please don't hurt me :)

I so want Eva to take down someone with her skills.  I think it will help her dad & Gideon feel that she can protect herself and let her be more independent. 

I am also confused by Elizabeth. I have been confused by her since the freakin garden party. Between the way she went on about Eva's blonde hair and then her and Gideon with their exchange about Cary, I just don't know. I don't think they are close, but I feel like we don't know enough about Gideon for me to make these assumptions. Hopefully in book 4 and 5 we will learn much, much more.

I agree, hopefully we will have some answers to our questions in book 4.... Gideon has had some CRAZY women in his life, his mother, Corinne, Anne Lucas, Deanna and who knows how many other whack jobs are going to come out when they realize he is engaged.