SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Excellent point!!! It's an even more plausible scenario that Elizabeth Vidal giving Corrine Dr. Anne Lucas' name.

Dr. Terry Lucas, obviously there without his wife that night, had invited Eva to go have a drink with him at the bar, where I'm sure he was ready to poison her mind against Gideon. Eva walked away from both men after they argued over her. A minute later, Gideon abandoned Corrine with hardly a good-bye, tearing out of the fundraiser.

So I can see Terry inviting Corrine for a drink instead, lending a sympathetic ear -- all the while pumping Corrine for information. He knew enough to know Corrine was "Mrs. Giroux" but I wonder whether he knew yet that many years ago, Corrine had been Gideon's fiancee. He wasn't yet a celebrity when they had been together.

Perhaps Terry started out suspecting Gideon was seducing another man's wife, but then found out the truth about Corrine and could see how unhappy she was at that moment. I'll bet you're right -- he gave Corrine's his wife's card.

Then he probably ran home and told Anne all about what went on at that dinner table, proving yet again how much of a mysogynistic jerk Gideon Cross is, the way he treated both Eva and Corrine. Anne may have been secretly thrilled with the new knowledge.

Thus more irony -- the same night that Gideon inadvertently handed to Corrine psychological weapons to use against Eva, Terry handed to Anne psychological weapons to use against Corrine.

A lot of people have been saying that Corinne may have met either Anne or Terry Lucas at some sort of social event and that is how Anne came to be her shrink.

The bit I find most implausible is if someone said to me "You look sad, here's my / my wife's card, you should call me / her, she's a shrink."

My reaction would not be, "Maybe you're right, thanks very much, I will."

It would be, "How very dare you" and I'd probably throw a drink in their face for good measure. Is that just me?

Granted they may have just met socially, Anne told her what she did and maybe give her a card and when Corinne decided she needed some help she remembered Anne and made an appointment.

However, the level of manipulation most people are attributing to Anne does not fit with this scenario.

What do you think?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG i came in last night to 464 posts on this thread, answered some and read some more before I had to go to bed, came in again tonight to 404 new posts on this site, that has now taken me 2 hours to get through.

1 thing I noticed yesterday and today was everyone going on about Corrine being pregnant and how some people thought it may have been Gideon's, I didn't get that from reading the book I always thought it would have been someone else's baby as I always got the impression from Gideon that even when he and Eva had to split because of the Nathan issue that he would not have been that close to Corrine and I seriously doubted that he would do more than give her a kiss goodnight.

Gideon does keep going on about Only You, Need You, Want you, Must always be you which makes me feel he has always been true to Eva since he met her 

A lot of people have been saying that Corinne may have met either Anne or Terry Lucas at some sort of social event and that is how Anne came to be her shrink.

The bit I find most implausible is if someone said to me "You look sad, here's my / my wife's card, you should call me / her, she's a shrink."

It would be, "How very dare you" and I'd probably throw a drink in their face for good measure. Is that just me?

Granted they may have just met socially, Anne told her what she did and maybe give her a card and when Corinne decided she needed some help she remembered Anne and made an appointment.

However, the level of manipulation most people are attributing to Anne does not fit with this scenario.

What do you think?

I'm thinking Anne may have been recommended to Corinne by Lizzy. They do seem to be best buds at the moment.

OMG i came in last night to 464 posts on this thread, answered some and read some more before I had to go to bed, came in again tonight to 404 new posts on this site, that has now taken me 2 hours to get through.

1 thing I noticed yesterday and today was everyone going on about Corrine being pregnant and how some people thought it may have been Gideon's, I didn't get that from reading the book I always thought it would have been someone else's baby as I always got the impression from Gideon that even when he and Eva had to split because of the Nathan issue that he would not have been that close to Corrine and I seriously doubted that he would do more than give her a kiss goodnight.

Gideon does keep going on about Only You, Need You, Want you, Must always be you which makes me feel he has always been true to Eva since he met her

Hi Sheena

I know what you mean. Woke this morning to 4 pages of posts. My cornflakes went soggy reading them all!

I didn't think for one minute that the baby was Gideons, but I think a few hearts stopped by the postings on these threads.

Enjoy your evening

Hi Sheena

I know what you mean. Woke this morning to 4 pages of posts. My cornflakes went soggy reading them all!

I didn't think for one minute that the baby was Gideons, but I think a few hearts stopped by the postings on these threads.

Enjoy your evening

Im on the same boat with waking up with a trillion pages of posts and never having the thought that it was a Cross baby. :D 

Hi Sheena

Enjoy your evening

I am actually cream crackered tonight, all day shopping in Glasgow with the girls yesterday and as I have back problems I have a crutch constantly for walking long distances, anyway, home last night, house in uproar as Stuart is decorating (slowly LOL) so had to do some moving of clothes etc, options this afternoon after taking some of the clothe I got in Next yesterday back and then washing and Ironing this afternoon before I could get Stu out to work (he works night shift 4 nights a week) and then had dinner, settled down to read, OMG I am exhausted just with the reading.  LOL

I think it would be lovely for Gideon and Eva to have a child but I think he would be even more protective than he is just now hehehe :P

Im on the same boat with waking up with a trillion pages of posts and never having the thought that it was a Cross baby. :D

I think most of us did Insideofclouds, but there were a few people who did think it could have been a Cross baby, but I do hope by the end of book 5 or epilogue there will be a Cross baby :D

Me three!! 3.5hrs of catching up to do!! :)

I also didn't think for a min the baby could be gideon's, I just think Gideon no matter what would ever let himself sleep with her again!! He just killed for Eva, why would he go s*** someone else? Even if it was just for an alibi!!!

I too hate to think he'd be that ruthless .... but look at how ruthless he was to Eva herself. How he treated THAT week still makes my blood boil, especially right to her face in that business meeting. And I think about how desperate he was.

Even while he was ruthless to Eva, inside he hated every second of it -- hated himself for hurting her. I think inside he similarly hated himself for hurting Corrine. But I still think he was capable of doing it -- of doing anything THAT week, in order to take care of Nathan forever and make absolutely certain that if he went down in legal flames, Eva wouldn't go down with him.

BUT ....

OK, I'll give Our Hero the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he wasn't counting on Lizzie gossiping to Corrine. But I'll bet he wasn't counting on the Lizzie-Corrine Codependent Sisterhood either. 

No offense but I hope you will have to eat that crow pie again for this one. 

If Cary had looked Into Dr Lucas on the internet why didn't  he recognise his wife Anne at the fundraiser? I know her hair is different. Were there no pictures of his wife.

Since he didn't know what was going on in Eva's mind at the time, he probably just pulled the information and barely perused the data and pictures. 

I am actually cream crackered tonight, all day shopping in Glasgow with the girls yesterday and as I have back problems I have a crutch constantly for walking long distances, anyway, home last night, house in uproar as Stuart is decorating (slowly LOL) so had to do some moving of clothes etc, options this afternoon after taking some of the clothe I got in Next yesterday back and then washing and Ironing this afternoon before I could get Stu out to work (he works night shift 4 nights a week) and then had dinner, settled down to read, OMG I am exhausted just with the reading.  LOL

I think it would be lovely for Gideon and Eva to have a child but I think he would be even more protective than he is just now hehehe :P

They both need to be in the right place for that, baggage out the way. But yes, a little Gideon loving him unconditionally, would be so good for them. He has a lot of love to give, he just has to learn how to accept it in return. That's why Eva keeps telling him she loves him.

I agree.  I never thought the baby was Gideon's but I did think that Corinne was trying to get Gideon in the sack so she could make him think it was his.  That never happened.  Personally I don't even think he kissed her goodnight.

Before I fell in love with Gideon Cross, I knew only about Christian Grey, who still owns part of my heart.

I learned a couple of things from Mr. Grey and FSOG that apply here. Maybe with Christopher, he carries so much guilt about lying as a child about Gideon's abuse that his best line of defense is offense. Meaning Christopher is so mean and abrasive (for the sake of a better word) towards Gideon because the only way to really defend himself and instead of apologizing, is to go on the offense and get to Gideon.

Another thing that I learned from FSOG in regards to Eva working for Cross Industries (in one way or the other) there has been speculation that Gideon has plans for the 10th floor in regards to her. Maybe Gideon is planning (like Christian did) to buy WF&L and turning it to Cross Advertising. That way Eve doesn't have to stop what she loves and miraculously now works for him. I think he values the company as well as Mark and wants Eva to still have her "work home" but have it under his umbrella.

What do you think?

I think Dr Lucas is very good at reading people's insecurities, and took advantage of both Eva (at the dinner and the hospital) and Corinne (at the dinner). Corinne must have been distraught about how Gideon left her for Eva, and he was there for her to lean on; a good listener. At some point, he may have said, "Hey look. If you need someone to talk to, here is my card." or "My wife is a doctor, here is her card." Who knows, but if Anne is her psych, someone had to get those two in touch. Of course, it could have been EV, but may be not.

Before I fell in love with Gideon Cross, I knew only about Christian Grey, who still owns part of my heart.

I learned a couple of things from Mr. Grey and FSOG that apply here. Maybe with Christopher, he carries so much guilt about lying as a child about Gideon's abuse that his best line of defense is offense. Meaning Christopher is so mean and abrasive (for the sake of a better word) towards Gideon because the only way to really defend himself and instead of apologizing, is to go on the offense and get to Gideon.

Another thing that I learned from FSOG in regards to Eva working for Cross Industries (in one way or the other) there has been speculation that Gideon has plans for the 10th floor in regards to her. Maybe Gideon is planning (like Christian did) to buy WF&L and turning it to Cross Advertising. That way Eve doesn't have to stop what she loves and miraculously now works for him. I think he values the company as well as Mark and wants Eva to still have her "work home" but have it under his umbrella.

I made a similar comment about Christopher earlier today.  I don't really see that in FSOG however.  There are similarities between FSOG and Crossfire but I don't think they are telling the same story.  I don't think Gideon is going to buy WF&L because he doesn't want Eva working on projects that benefit his competitors.  I think that Gideon will have a division that Eva will run along with her foundation.  I haven't decided if Mark will come to work for Gideon and Eva yet but it is a very good possibility.

Me thinks you're bobbing in the gutter-am I correct?

One ofy favorite lines.. When Eva & Gideon are on the phone while she is driving the Aston Martin and Eva says she is surprised at his lack of respect for the upholstery of the car... It made me smile and giggle

good idea :)

a127f3e900e788cf04016672691fc3e8.jpg

Going out now for a bit Julie. Hope you have a goodnight. :)

Oh thank you Kirsten.

I'm having an early night, with sweet dreams.

These late nights are taking their toil. Lol

Will I have a little treat when I awake? :)

I hope you had fun whatever you were doing.

Big hugs from England :D