SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

OK I will admit that I am probably VERY far out on this one, but I wonder if maybe the addition of Eva to the Cross/Vidal family will bring them closer. As a person Christopher really likes Eva, he has not (please forgive me if my brain is selectively forgetting things) done anything to hurt Eva. He doesn't want Eva with Gideon, but he hasn't done anything to her in actuality. So what if Christopher sees that Eva really loves Gideon and decides that if he is ever going to be "friendly" with his new sister-in-law that he will have to be with his brother too. We know that Ireland adores Eva and we know that Christopher is close with Ireland. We also know that Elizabeth has issues with Eva, but loves her son and we know that Chris (what little we know) seems to also really like Eva. I am assuming, although I don't recall it being referenced, that Ireland and Elizabeth are somewhat close. So if Ireland and Chris like and care about Eva, maybe they can help Elizabeth and Christopher see how happy Eva makes Gideon.

Again just a thought, please don't hurt me :)

Why would we hurt you. :)

We can all voice our opinions, and theories. It's what we do. Some were right, some further than the moon.

You make a very valid point. This family desperately needs healing, hopefully Eva as an outsider, and Ireland who loves her brother(Gideon), will be the ones to bring them together. Chris I think will always be jealous of Gideon, perhaps jealousy is just one of his traits. Between now and the end of the books, Gideon will lay ghosts to rest, hopefully along with his mother.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I will admit that I am probably VERY far out on this one, but I wonder if maybe the addition of Eva to the Cross/Vidal family will bring them closer.  As a person Christopher really likes Eva, he has not (please forgive me if my brain is selectively forgetting things) done anything to hurt Eva.  He doesn't want Eva with Gideon, but he hasn't done anything to her in actuality.  So what if Christopher sees that Eva really loves Gideon and decides that if he is ever going to be "friendly" with his new sister-in-law that he will have to be with his brother too.  We know that Ireland adores Eva and we know that Christopher is close with Ireland.  We also know that Elizabeth has issues with Eva, but loves her son and we know that Chris (what little we know) seems to also really like Eva.  I am assuming, although I don't recall it being referenced, that Ireland and Elizabeth are somewhat close.  So if Ireland and Chris like and care about Eva, maybe they can help Elizabeth and Christopher see how happy Eva makes Gideon.

I agree.  Sometimes I think some of Christopher's problem with Gideon is because he knows what Hugh did to Gideon but he was to young to put it together.  Now that he is older he feels guilty but his guilt comes off as jealousy.  Maybe it is jealousy because he thinks Gideon is trying to get back at him for the fact that he didn't tell that Gideon was raped. 

Another thought maybe Hugh threatened Christopher that he would be next if he told and Christopher is holding all this in and it is festering over the years. 

I think Eva is going to help this family because she loves Gideon so much and she wants him to be happy and having a relationship with his family will make him happy.

Also remember the night of the dinner when Gideon sat and talked to Corinne all night, Dr. Lucas was there; sitting right next to Eva. When Eva left, Gideon quickly chased her, leaving both Dr. Lucas and Corinne at the table together. Who knows what those two talked about. Feeling sad? Oh, my wife is a doctor who can help you.

Excellent point!!! It's an even more plausible scenario that Elizabeth Vidal giving Corrine Dr. Anne Lucas' name.

Dr. Terry Lucas, obviously there without his wife that night, had invited Eva to go have a drink with him at the bar, where I'm sure he was ready to poison her mind against Gideon. Eva walked away from both men after they argued over her. A minute later, Gideon abandoned Corrine with hardly a good-bye, tearing out of the fundraiser.

So I can see Terry inviting Corrine for a drink instead, lending a sympathetic ear -- all the while pumping Corrine for information. He knew enough to know Corrine was "Mrs. Giroux" but I wonder whether he knew yet that many years ago, Corrine had been Gideon's fiancee. He wasn't yet a celebrity when they had been together.

Perhaps Terry started out suspecting Gideon was seducing another man's wife, but then found out the truth about Corrine and could see how unhappy she was at that moment. I'll bet you're right -- he gave Corrine's his wife's card. 

Then he probably ran home and told Anne all about what went on at that dinner table, proving yet again how much of a mysogynistic jerk Gideon Cross is, the way he treated both Eva and Corrine. Anne may have been secretly thrilled with the new knowledge. 

Thus more irony -- the same night that Gideon inadvertently handed to Corrine psychological weapons to use against Eva, Terry handed to Anne psychological weapons to use against Corrine.

Excellent point!!! It's an even more plausible scenario that Elizabeth Vidal giving Corrine Dr. Anne Lucas' name.

Dr. Terry Lucas, obviously there without his wife that night, had invited Eva to go have a drink with him at the bar, where I'm sure he was ready to poison her mind against Gideon. Eva walked away from both men after they argued over her. A minute later, Gideon abandoned Corrine with hardly a good-bye, tearing out of the fundraiser.

So I can see Terry inviting Corrine for a drink instead, lending a sympathetic ear -- all the while pumping Corrine for information. He knew enough to know Corrine was "Mrs. Giroux" but I wonder whether he knew yet that many years ago, Corrine had been Gideon's fiancee. He wasn't yet a celebrity when they had been together.

Perhaps Terry started out suspecting Gideon was seducing another man's wife, but then found out the truth about Corrine and could see how unhappy she was at that moment. I'll bet you're right -- he gave Corrine's his wife's card. 

Then he probably ran home and told Anne all about what went on at that dinner table, proving yet again how much of a mysogynistic jerk Gideon Cross is, the way he treated both Eva and Corrine. Anne may have been secretly thrilled with the new knowledge. 

Thus more irony -- the same night that Gideon inadvertently handed to Corrine psychological weapons to use against Eva, Terry handed to Anne psychological weapons to use against Corrine.

This is fast becoming very warped. Like Corinnes mind!

I thought my theory of Anne fu*king and her brother abusing Gideon was bad, but.....

Blimey!

OK I will admit that I am probably VERY far out on this one, but I wonder if maybe the addition of Eva to the Cross/Vidal family will bring them closer.  As a person Christopher really likes Eva, he has not (please forgive me if my brain is selectively forgetting things) done anything to hurt Eva.  He doesn't want Eva with Gideon, but he hasn't done anything to her in actuality.  So what if Christopher sees that Eva really loves Gideon and decides that if he is ever going to be "friendly" with his new sister-in-law that he will have to be with his brother too.  We know that Ireland adores Eva and we know that Christopher is close with Ireland.  We also know that Elizabeth has issues with Eva, but loves her son and we know that Chris (what little we know) seems to also really like Eva.  I am assuming, although I don't recall it being referenced, that Ireland and Elizabeth are somewhat close.  So if Ireland and Chris like and care about Eva, maybe they can help Elizabeth and Christopher see how happy Eva makes Gideon.

Sylvia has hinted that Gideon making peace with his family will be part of his journey toward recovery.

Right now, Gideon has Eva (and thus we readers) convinced Christopher Jr. is unstable and dangerous. Perhaps Gideon, his judgment clouded by sibling rivalry, is over-reacting.

Certainly, Christopher is a creep. Magdalene herself hinted she'd just gotten rid of someone "toxic" in her life (not having any clue Eva knew exactly who Magdalene meant). 

Plus, Christopher has taken two opportunities now to attempt to drive home the message to Eva that she's second fiddle to Corrine (the snarking in Times Square making sure Eva knew Gideon had been at Corrine's place the night before) plus virtually the first words out of his mouth that day Eva invited him out to lunch -- he asked Eva point blank whether her calling him had anything to do with Gideon and Corrine getting back together.)

But maybe Christopher Jr. isn't evil -- just a jerk consumed by jealousy.

When Sylvia reads these posts, I hope she has a strong cup of coffee! Lol

I hope she's not taking sips though while reading -- she could end up spewing coffee all over her screen and keyboard. Some of the stuff here gets downright hilarious!

Good morning,

I have a new theory for the remodel on the 10th floor. Maybe Gideon is going to start a new business in the crossfire building.... Cross Advertising... And he plans to hire Mark and Eva and Will and his boss. Then Eva will haber the people she loves to work with while working for Cross Industries at the same time.

Whatcha think?

Good morning,

I have a new theory for the remodel on the 10th floor. Maybe Gideon is going to start a new business in the crossfire building.... Cross Advertising... And he plans to hire Mark and Eva and Will and his boss. Then Eva will haber the people she loves to work with while working for Cross Industries at the same time.

Whatcha think?

I've thought about that too.

Good morning,

Whatcha think?

He definitely wants Eva working under him (pun intended).

I'll bet that corner office already set up in the construction zone was already set up for Gideon to sell Eva on the idea it would be her office. He even already had a couch installed in there, in case she needed .... um ... persuading.

Because why else would a partially-finished office (no carpeting) on a building floor that's a full-blown construction zone have furniture in it? Office furniture and equipment are the last things brought in to newly-constructed office space -- brought in after the workmen are totally done.

Yep, Gideon was a busy boy those weeks he was apart from Eva, easing his pain by making plans for their future together, a future that included her at Cross Industries.

Good morning,

Whatcha think?

I thought something along those lines. Because, one of my theories played out. I hoped Eva would use the money she got to set up a foundation of some sorts. She agreed with me. But I think Gideon will definitely set her up in business of some sort.

lol and then there goes her progress on writing book 4! She would need a new laptop! 

I get the distinct impression she's finished writing #4 and is now negotiating terms with a publisher. Please, please, please let that be true!!!!

And if it is Penguin that gets Crossfire #4, they d a m n well better stick to a promised schedule for release.

I say "if it is Penguin" because Sylvia did explain on Facebook that Penguin bought the rights to only the first three Crossfire novels. The initial contract never went beyond those three.

Thus Sylvia has options to take her business elsewhere to another publishing house, if she so desires.

He definitely wants Eva working under him (pun intended).

I'll bet that corner office already set up in the construction zone was already set up for Gideon to sell Eva on the idea it would be her office. He even already had a couch installed in there, in case she needed .... um ... persuading.

Because why else would a partially-finished office (no carpeting) on a building floor that's a full-blown construction zone have furniture in it? Office furniture and equipment are the last things brought in to newly-constructed office space -- brought in after the workmen are totally done.

Yep, Gideon was a busy boy those weeks he was apart from Eva, easing his pain by making plans for their future together, a future that included her at Cross Industries.

Yea I bet he was planning on telling her but was distracted lol 

I get the distinct impression she's finished writing #4 and is now negotiating terms with a publisher. Please, please, please let that be true!!!!

And if it is Penguin that gets Crossfire #4, they d a m n well better stick to a promised schedule for release.

I say "if it is Penguin" because Sylvia did explain on Facebook that Penguin bought the rights to only the first three Crossfire novels. The initial contract never went beyond those three.

Thus Sylvia has options to take her business elsewhere to another publishing house, if she so desires.

Another publishing house has probably seen the mess Penguin created and will try to guarantee that things would be different with them! 

For the publishing house it all comes down to money and there's a lot of money to be made with this series even if they are just releasing the last two books. 

He ought to have sealed the deal when he had her under him on that couch .... I'll bet he could get her to say "yes" if he tried ... um ... hard enough.

Seriously, though, he was probably so reassured she wanted to get laid instead of fight about what just happened downstairs (him with Corrine in the lobby) that he wouldn't push his luck.

This is fast becoming very warped. Like Corinnes mind!

I thought my theory of Anne fu*king and her brother abusing Gideon was bad, but.....

Blimey!

You are right this is one messed up group.  Gideon and Eva have a lot to overcome but we are all cheering for them.

I think you're right LN. ;)

I'd like her to move on from Penguin, but that could be messy. Truth be told I'd like her to self pub the last two but that would be a huge undertaking and I know she doesn't have that type of time.