SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I think he answered this I think he is afraid because he doesn't know how to be in a relationship or a family.  "I don't know how to do this, Eva."  "I'm going to f**k up and you'll run.

This is exactly what he said in Bared. Look how the next two books went. He was scared never wanting to go there again. He wanted to be in the comfort zone not outside it. She owns him. Inside and out.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly what he said in Bared. Look how the next two books went. He was scared never wanting to go there again. He wanted to be in the comfort zone not outside it. She owns him. Inside and out.

I agree. 

Lunch is over...back to work until I can take a break.  I think I'm addicted to this website and the only fix won't be here for another 5 or 6 months.  Not that reading book #4 will cure the addiction it will just mean we will go dark again for a couple days. reading.gif

Does anyone else think that Gideon was already thinking /planning wedding back in Reflected when Eva chased him it his place and he found her there after his appt with Dr Patterson when he said what they had together was the one rock solid thing they should depend on and that he was going to give it to them and Eva was going to let him or words to that effect ?

Does anyone else think that Gideon was already thinking /planning wedding back in Reflected when Eva chased him it his place and he found her there after his appt with Dr Patterson when he said what they had together was the one rock solid thing they should depend on and that he was going to give it to them and Eva was going to let him or words to that effect ?

It wouldn't surprise me if he started after that first limo ride. He fell in love as soon as he saw her. When they had that chat in his apartment after the garden party, he gave her the promise ring, she shook, he said it wasn't "that" ring your not ready. He had already started thinking weddings. For someone whose not romantic, wowzer!

Question.

When at the hospital, Lizzy hugs Gideon . The story goes on to say,

He didn't hug her back. But he also didn't pull away. His grip on my hand tightened.

I'm not sure what to make of that statement. Did he feel uncomfortable, being hugged or touched by his mother? Or was surprised at her affection? Anyone care to enlighten me please.

It wouldn't surprise me if he started after that first limo ride. He fell in love as soon as he saw her. When they had that chat in his apartment after the garden party, he gave her the promise ring, she shook, he said it wasn't "that" ring your not ready. He had already started thinking weddings. For someone whose not romantic, wowzer!

I know ,right !Lol @he started after the first limo ride.

I would love to know your thoughts on why Gideon needed to get married then, that weekend so badly? He tells Eva, I need the vows, the legality......I'm going crazy without them. We know they are deeply in love with each other and they agree there isn't anyone else for them but why did he want to get married so quickly? Don't get me wrong, I love that they are married and thought is was so romantic but as I re read the wedding last night, I wondered why he was so desperate...

I think he wanted to know his safe place wasn't going anywhere. He drafted a pre nup with provisions to protect the unity and stability of the relationship not his financial assets.

It's possible to trace back Gideon thinking about marriage the first week he and Eva were a couple.

Sat: the first date gone wrong

Sun: he tried (in vain) to talk to Eva, but she refused to answer the phone

Mon: she agreed to be his girlfriend, and the night ended with him making her the first-ever woman he'd taken home

Tues: things were good

Wed: she told him about Nathan, and he loved her even more -- but -- it turned into a bad night with her pulling a runner because she felt he lied to her about the nightmare she'd just witnessed.

Thurs: he sent her the Dear Jane note -- but -- he also went to see Stanton about Nathan, the first sign he already was planning to protect her. Plus he found out about Dr. Petersen

Fri: still no contact with her, but he was hoping she'd come back. He saw Dr. Petersen to arrange for individual and couples therapy.

Fri - Sat: sometime during this period, he re-created her bedroom as a safe room at his apartment and most importantly, bought her promise ring.

Sunday daytime: he figured out she wasn't going to come back on her own, and so he went after her, finding her at the Vidal Records garden party.

Sunday evening: he presented the ring box holding the promise ring, and as he saw a flash of panic cross her face, re-assured her it wasn't "that" ring -- he knew she wasn't ready, and he told her as much. But the clear message was that an engagement ring was in the future.

What was equally important was that when she was assured it wasn't an engagement ring in the box, her panic was replaced with a feeling of letdown. She recognized that a part of her would have been thrilled with an engagement ring. It was at that moment she understood for certain she'd already fallen in love with him.

Question.

When at the hospital, Lizzy hugs Gideon . The story goes on to say,

He didn't hug her back. But he also didn't pull away. His grip on my hand tightened.

I'm not sure what to make of that statement. Did he feel uncomfortable, being hugged or touched by his mother? Or was surprised at her affection? Anyone care to enlighten me please.

My thought was that he was very uncomfortable and feeling put-on-the-spot by his mother: her having called him to the hospital, the presence of Corrine's parents there, Jean-Francois Giroux there too.

If the others had not been there, he probably would have resisted the hug. But given the very sad situation, he didn't want to make matters any worse by doing something guaranteed to upset his mother at a time when who knows what she might have done in response. The very last thing he wanted was any sort of scene.

So he endured it, was able to endure it because he had Eva's hand to hold onto.

Which reminds me -- Gideon was so kind to Corrine's parents, and they obviously care about him a lot. My guess is he used to spend holidays with Corrine's family rather than his own. He left home to go to college, he met Corrine his freshman year .... I can see her bringing him home for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas as a milestone for her ongoing pursuit of him.

In one of the interviews this spring -- I'm almost certain it was that Book Nation hour-long video session -- Sylvia confirmed the point at which l u s t turned to love, for Gideon, was in the limo. The overpowering physical chemistry, which was mutual, was l u s t at first sight, but Gideon initially went into things looking for an "extended one-night-stand."

It's possible to trace back Gideon thinking about marriage the first week he and Eva were a couple.

Sat: the first date gone wrong

Sun: he tried (in vain) to talk to Eva, but she refused to answer the phone

Mon: she agreed to be his girlfriend, and the night ended with him making her the first-ever woman he'd taken home

Tues: things were good

Wed: she told him about Nathan, and he loved her even more -- but -- it turned into a bad night with her pulling a runner because she felt he lied to her about the nightmare she'd just witnessed.

Thurs: he sent her the Dear Jane note -- but -- he also went to see Stanton about Nathan, the first sign he already was planning to protect her. Plus he found out about Dr. Petersen

Fri: still no contact with her, but he was hoping she'd come back. He saw Dr. Petersen to arrange for individual and couples therapy.

Fri - Sat: sometime during this period, he re-created her bedroom as a safe room at his apartment and most importantly, bought her promise ring.

Sunday daytime: he figured out she wasn't going to come back on her own, and so he went after her, finding her at the Vidal Records garden party.

Sunday evening: he presented the ring box holding the promise ring, and as he saw a flash of panic cross her face, re-assured her it wasn't "that" ring -- he knew she wasn't ready, and he told her as much. But the clear message was that an engagement ring was in the future.

What was equally important was that when she was assured it wasn't an engagement ring in the box, her panic was replaced with a feeling of letdown. She recognized that a part of her would have been thrilled with an engagement ring. It was at that moment she understood for certain she'd already fallen in love with him.

Thank you LN .Does all the info stay in your head so organized and concise ?

My thought was that he was very uncomfortable and feeling put-on-the-spot by his mother: her having called him to the hospital, the presence of Corrine's parents there, Jean-Francois Giroux there too.

If the others had not been there, he probably would have resisted the hug. But given the very sad situation, he didn't want to make matters any worse by doing something guaranteed to upset his mother at a time when who knows what she might have done in response. The very last thing he wanted was any sort of scene.

So he endured it, was able to endure it because he had Eva's hand to hold onto.

Which reminds me -- Gideon was so kind to Corrine's parents, and they obviously care about him a lot. My guess is he used to spend holidays with Corrine's family rather than his own. He left home to go to college, he met Corrine his freshman year .... I can see her bringing him home for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas as a milestone for her ongoing pursuit of him.

I can swing with that.

I just got the impression since the previous encounter with his mother, he didn't like being touched by her. But going along with it to save a scene unfolding , was the way to go.

I love this forum! First time responding. So glad that i found others equally fascinated with these books! I hope we find out more details regarding Gideon and his mother's relationship.

Hi

So glad you could join us.

Oh. His mummy issues are my number 1 question believe me. :)

I love this forum! First time responding. So glad that i found others equally fascinated with these books! I hope we find out more details regarding Gideon and his mother's relationship.

Hey-great that you're here!!!

Another thought, opinion, question to add to the mix.

Enjoy!

It seems Gideon went to the hospital not realizing that big crew would be there. I don't think he would have put Eva in that situation. Or maybe he was making a statement and knew she'd be classy about it. It is obvious that Elizabeth and Corrine have joined forces to get him back in their lives. Your thoughts?

It seems Gideon went to the hospital not realizing that big crew would be there. I don't think he would have put Eva in that situation. Or maybe he was making a statement and knew she'd be classy about it. It is obvious that Elizabeth and Corrine have joined forces to get him back in their lives. Your thoughts?

Oh. Lizzy as one h e l l of a shock coming when she finds out that her daughter in law is not the manipulating conniving Corinne. What a pair of witches they are turning out to be.

Oh. Lizzy as one h e l l of a shock coming when she finds out that her daughter in law is not the manipulating conniving Corinne. What a pair of witches they are turning out to be.

I agree, it seems to me that Corrine has definitely been in touch with Elizabeth and Christopher. Probably trying to enlist their help, to encourage Gideon to take her back. It tells you how little Corrine really knows Gideon, he isn't close to his family and actually can't bare to be around them or talk with them. It really is sad how Elizabeth is treating Ava, to bad she doesn't realize that Ava is her only chance to have any relationship with her son. Maybe in time she will realize how much Ava loves and truely cares for him.

I agree, it seems to me that Corrine has definitely been in touch with Elizabeth and Christopher. Probably trying to enlist their help, to encourage Gideon to take her back. It tells you how little Corrine really knows Gideon, he isn't close to his family and actually can't bare to be around them or talk with them. It really is sad how Elizabeth is treating Ava, to bad she doesn't realize that Ava is her only chance to have any relationship with her son. Maybe in time she will realize how much Ava loves and truely cares for him.

Dysfunctional doesn't begin to cover some of the characters in this book.

At the end of Entwined, Eva has met her now mother in law 4 times. Only once has she been nice. The garden party. Doesn't bode very well.

At the end of Entwined, Eva has met her now mother in law 4 times. Only once has she been nice. The garden party. Doesn't bode very well.

It brings a new meaning to the saying Mother-N-Law from He11...LOL  At least we know Gideon will not tolerate his mother treating his wife badly.

Thank you LN .Does all the info stay in your head so organized and concise ?

Hi Mam2e

I have a Word document with a synopsis of every chapter of Bared to You and Reflected in You.

Back when we were as a group doing the re-read a chapter per day of both books, I took on a project to create a Readers Guide cheat sheet for every chapter. It turned out to be a lot of work, but a lot of fun too.

If go back into the Re-Read A Chapter A Day thread, you can find each of the summaries.

Granted, Eva wasn't very nice the second time they met. Lizzie got a long-overdue talking to about her role in her son being damaged so badly by her (Lizzie's) refusal to believe him.

P.S. I wonder what Sylvia thinks about the snarky nickname that's spread on this site about Elizabeth. Is she laughing? Or is she saying "wow, they're a tough crowd."

Granted, Eva wasn't very nice the second time they met. Lizzie got a long-overdue talking to about her role in her son being damaged so badly by her (Lizzie's) refusal to believe him.

P.S. I wonder what Sylvia thinks about the snarky nickname that's spread on this site about Elizabeth. Is she laughing? Or is she saying "wow, they're a tough crowd."

Lol

Can you imagine us lot in Roman times, giving a yay or nay, to someone being thrown to the lions. Or sitting, waiting for a hanging in the square, while we knit. We are terrible.