SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I'm not sure if this had been picked up on, but when Anne ambushed Eva at the dinner, she said she knew of two women who have experienced severe depression over Gideon. What's the betting she was the first, Corinne the second. I reckon she had a breakdown of sorts after Gideon sent her back to Lucas. More cr*p for his shoulders.

I wonder what Terry Lucas is making of his wife's behaviour or doesn't he know?

OMG, Bared to You trivia that I didn't know. And I thought I knew the book by heart. Well played, Julie, well played indeed.

Well that changes things indeed. The GidEva Sisterhood of Snarkdom can henceforth call Elizabeth Vidal "Lizzie."

"Lizzie" when we're being very very very kind to her. I think "Lizardy" is more appropriate for her!!!!

I wonder what Terry Lucas is making of his wife's behaviour or doesn't he know?

Either he doesn't know or he doesn't care.

I find it hard to believe he doesn't know.

And he must be hurting really bad too, which explains his hatred towards Gedeon. Lucas put everything he had (love, honour, professional skills, family) at stake because of Gedeon, and he did so for a woman who doesn't love him anymore.

I would feel pity for him, if I weren't so pis**d at him.

I've been thinking about a couple of things that were brought up earlier today.

Another reason I'm thinking something bad has happened to Megumi - I may not be remembering the sequence correctly, but I think when she called in sick the office person in charge said her voice sounded bad. That made me wonder if the call came from someone pretending to be her and disguising their voice.

If it really was Clancy who planted the bracelet, I think he would have been smart enough to realize the implications for Gideon; namely that if Gideon didn't know who had done it, it would be like a sword of Damocles hanging over him, and he'd have to fear blackmail or worse in the future. He'd always be wondering when the debt would be called in - or info given to police.

Clancy, after all has no shared history with Gideon, and I don't think Gideon would feel secure knowing Clancy knew what he 'd done. IMO Angus is the only one Gideon trust that much. I'm thinking, though, that Angus was ruled out for some reason. Can't remember why.

Anyone know?

Another reason I'm thinking something bad has happened to Megumi - I may not be remembering the sequence correctly, but I think when she called in sick the office person in charge said her voice sounded bad. That made me wonder if the call came from someone pretending to be her and disguising their voice.

If it really was Clancy who planted the bracelet, I think he would have been smart enough to realize the implications for Gideon; namely that if Gideon didn't know who had done it, it would be like a sword of Damocles hanging over him, and he'd have to fear blackmail or worse in the future. He'd always be wondering when the debt would be called in - or info given to police.

Clancy, after all has no shared history with Gideon, and I don't think Gideon would feel secure knowing Clancy knew what he 'd done. IMO Angus is the only one Gideon trust that much. I'm thinking, though, that Angus was ruled out for some reason. Can't remember why.

Anyone know?

But if Angus had done it he would have told Gideon for the same reasons you've stated. Gideon has Angus and Raul investigating who it might have been. Surely Angus would have come forward at that point and said "you can stop worrying it was me. Put it behind you and move on."

Clancy on the other hand, as you said yourself, doesnt have a personal relationship with Gideon. In fact I don't think he did it for Gideon, i think he did it for Eva, to protect the man she loved as he had failed to protect Cary.

Clancy may not even be aware that Gideon is investigating who covered up his crime. Eva certainly never discussed it with him.

I think if Gideon were to find out that Clancy was the one to cover up Nathan's murder he would feel secure enough. He would realise he had done it to protect Eva and would probably realise he didnt have any agenda with regard to blackmail. I think he'd probably hire Clancy away from Stanton as Eva's personal bodyguard.

It seems Gideon went to the hospital not realizing that big crew would be there. I don't think he would have put Eva in that situation. Or maybe he was making a statement and knew she'd be classy about it. It is obvious that Elizabeth and Corrine have joined forces to get him back in their lives. Your thoughts?

Hi Michele,

here are my random thoughts.

I believe Gedeon feels 'ambushed', 'drawn back' into a place that is not his any more (if it ever was!)

Surely,  Lizzie, Corinne, Corinne's parents, and Giroux don't expect to see Eva there, and they don't raise a finger to make her feel she's in the picture too (w/ Giroux already an outsider, standing all alone by a window). They all represent that pas Eva is afraid will never stop being an issue in her and Gedeon's life. Therefore, I think that by squeezing Eva's hand Gedeon is telling her that he needs her support to put up with this awkward situation, and that she's the one he has chosen to spend the rest of his life with, ...... his future.

But if Angus had done it he would have told Gideon for the same reasons you've stated. Gideon has Angus and Raul investigating who it might have been. Surely Angus would have come forward at that point and said "you can stop worrying it was me. Put it behind you and move on."

Clancy on the other hand, as you said yourself, doesnt have a personal relationship with Gideon. In fact I don't think he did it for Gideon, i think he did it for Eva, to protect the man she loved as he had failed to protect Cary.

Clancy may not even be aware that Gideon is investigating who covered up his crime. Eva certainly never discussed it with him.

I think if Gideon were to find out that Clancy was the one to cover up Nathan's murder he would feel secure enough. He would realise he had done it to protect Eva and would probably realise he didnt have any agenda with regard to blackmail. I think he'd probably hire Clancy away from Stanton as Eva's personal bodyguard.

Actually I have thought that Clancy's brother in the FBI would be hired by Gideon at some point. If you remember Eva asked him if he worked in security and he said " not yet" which is a very telling answer to her question.

Anyone know?

Clancy may have done it to protect the Stantons plus himself from any possible blowback. Because if Gideon were charged, it's conceivable the Stantons and Clancy could end up accused of conspiracy or being accessories themselves. In framing the dead gangster, Clancy is protecting them all.

Before Gideon went rogue and decided to kill Nathan, some sort of cooperation had been going on between him and the Stantons, and Clancy had been tailing Nathan. We know of at least one instance where Gideon went to Stanton's office to talk with him (the day after Eva first told Gideon about Nathan). We also know, from something Monica said to Eva in Reflected, that police seized a copy of some office building videotape from Stanton's office.

Actually I have thought that Clancy's brother in the FBI would be hired by Gideon at some point. If you remember Eva asked him if he worked in security and he said " not yet" which is a very telling answer to her question.

The "not yet" could refer to a quite common "career path" for top notch police and elite military - they join organizations young, put in the minimum number of years to be eligible for full retirement (usually by the time they reach their 40s) retire with a full government pension and even MORE important, government retiree benefits like healthcare. THEN they take lucrative jobs in the private sector, so they can earn top dollar even while collecting the pension they earned. Two incomes.

Either he doesn't know or he doesn't care.

I find it hard to believe he doesn't know.

And he must be hurting really bad too, which explains his hatred towards Gedeon. Lucas put everything he had (love, honour, professional skills, family) at stake because of Gedeon, and he did so for a woman who doesn't love him anymore.

I would feel pity for him, if I weren't so pis**d at him.

Gideon thinks that Terry feels for Anne what Gideon feels for Eva. So in love he'd do almost anything to protect her.

Anne obviously doesn't feel the same. At the very least, she's a cheating s l u t. And it would appear she might be an evil witch.

More random thoughts and questions...I love listening to the books after reading them.  I am currently at the wedding of Gideon and Eva (audiobook version) and had a few things come up today in the midst of listening to the book, including the airplane section WHILE I WAS AT WORK...It was really interesting to say the least :)

-Was Angus hired by/worked for Geoffrey Cross or Chris Vidal?  Eva wonders about Angus being a "surrogate father" to Gideon and I can't help but wonderful if Gideon took his from Chris, because Angus was so important to his father. 

-We know that Gideon and Magdalene's Mothers were friendly, but no where does it talk about Elizabeth and Corinne's Mothers knowing each other.  It has been referenced many time that Elizabeth was at the hospital when Eva and Gideon got there, however it seems VERY strange to me that after the relationship and engagement (both seem more like a joke to me) between Gideon and Corinne, which were many years prior, that Corinne and her family still have such close contact with Gideon's.  Christopher got a text or call from Corinne white at the Time Square event and from what he said it sounds like he has been receiving many, not to mention that we know they talked at least that day since Christopher knew that Gideon saw Corinne the night before.  Does anyone else find it odd that they would all still keep in touch this many years later?

-I do not remember the exact age that Gideon was when Geoffrey committed suicide but I believe it was around 5.   I am assuming that they didn't tell Gideon why his Father killed himself, so I wonder at what age they did tell him and how much he really knows.  I also can't help but think that Chris had a relationship with Geoffrey prior to his death.  I feel like this because it was intentionally brought up that Ireland has to keep her relationship with her boyfriend a secret because of what Geoffrey did (the Ponzi Scheme) but when you think of it, that was many years before Ireland was born and it was done by her half Brother's Father (yes I know her Mother's Husband too) which seems odd.  I know that this event hurt a lot of people, but still that sounds really extreme.

Gideon thinks that Terry feels for Anne what Gideon feels for Eva. So in love he'd do almost anything to protect her.

Anne obviously doesn't feel the same. At the very least, she's a cheating s l u t. And it would appear she might be an evil witch.

I cannot believe I am going to say this, but part of me feels bad for Terry.  I feel like Anne is really sick and demented and he is simply in love with her.

Not only did she cheat on him with Gideon, but we know (assuming it was her) that she put the moves on Cary.  I am sure that those two men are not the only ones either.  I think she has a problem with Men and her husband loves her.

LN, that's a good thought and it really makes sense that Clancy would have done the bracelet switch at least as much for the Stanton crew as for Gideon. After all, in the eyes of the world, the Stanton's have a much clearer and obvious motive than Gideon. He's only been seeing Eva a relatively short time, and even if things look hot and heavy to the public, it's quite a leap from that to committing murder for her.

LN, that's a good thought and it really makes sense that Clancy would have done the bracelet switch at least as much for the Stanton crew as for Gideon. After all, in the eyes of the world, the Stanton's have a much clearer and obvious motive than Gideon. He's only been seeing Eva a relatively short time, and even if things look hot and heavy to the public, it's quite a leap from that to committing murder for her.

That's true, Nrock -- the Stantons have a stronger motive. Richard Stanton paid a lot of money to bury the Nathan secret very deep, because Monica was terrified about the truth ever getting out. It's conceivable Stanton would shell out even more money -- for a hitman.

I cannot believe I am going to say this, but part of me feels bad for Terry.  I feel like Anne is really sick and demented and he is simply in love with her.

Not only did she cheat on him with Gideon, but we know (assuming it was her) that she put the moves on Cary.  I am sure that those two men are not the only ones either.  I think she has a problem with Men and her husband loves her.

Yes but Gideon may be wrong about Terry Lucas and how much he loves Anne, Terry may have other motives for staying with Anne...

More random thoughts and questions...I love listening to the books after reading them.  I am currently at the wedding of Gideon and Eva (audiobook version) and had a few things come up today in the midst of listening to the book, including the airplane section WHILE I WAS AT WORK...It was really interesting to say the least :)

-Was Angus hired by/worked for Geoffrey Cross or Chris Vidal?  Eva wonders about Angus being a "surrogate father" to Gideon and I can't help but wonderful if Gideon took his from Chris, because Angus was so important to his father. 

-We know that Gideon and Magdalene's Mothers were friendly, but no where does it talk about Elizabeth and Corinne's Mothers knowing each other.  It has been referenced many time that Elizabeth was at the hospital when Eva and Gideon got there, however it seems VERY strange to me that after the relationship and engagement (both seem more like a joke to me) between Gideon and Corinne, which were many years prior, that Corinne and her family still have such close contact with Gideon's.  Christopher got a text or call from Corinne white at the Time Square event and from what he said it sounds like he has been receiving many, not to mention that we know they talked at least that day since Christopher knew that Gideon saw Corinne the night before.  Does anyone else find it odd that they would all still keep in touch this many years later?

-I do not remember the exact age that Gideon was when Geoffrey committed suicide but I believe it was around 5.   I am assuming that they didn't tell Gideon why his Father killed himself, so I wonder at what age they did tell him and how much he really knows.  I also can't help but think that Chris had a relationship with Geoffrey prior to his death.  I feel like this because it was intentionally brought up that Ireland has to keep her relationship with her boyfriend a secret because of what Geoffrey did (the Ponzi Scheme) but when you think of it, that was many years before Ireland was born and it was done by her half Brother's Father (yes I know her Mother's Husband too) which seems odd.  I know that this event hurt a lot of people, but still that sounds really extreme.

Chris Vidal hired Angus sometime when Gideon was young. We learned a little of the background in Bared to You the first time Eva struck up a conversation with Angus. He said he's worked for Gideon for 8 years (which means Gideon was only 20 years old when he had gotten rich enough to afford to hire Angus). Angus further explained that he knew Gideon even before then, because he drove Gideon to school when Gideon was young and he (Angus) worked for Vidal Sr.

Sylvia mentioned recently that Corrine's family knew the Vidals, which makes sense, given that at one point Corrine and Gideon were engaged to be married. The engagement didn't end bitterly (not on the surface anyway). Obviously, the families move in the same social circles too. I image they stayed in friendly contact over the years and recently resumed close contact when they all were led to believe Corrine and Gideon were reunited.

You remembered right - Gideon was 5 when Geoffrey killed himself. At the time it happened, I doubt Gideon knew much beyond the fact that home life had changed from something happy to daily screaming arguments and his mother crying. But as he got older, Gideon got bullied, not just by kids at school but also some of the parents and even teachers. He was made all too aware of the shame connected with the Cross name. It appears his anger problem as a kid might have started with him getting picked on.

Actually I have thought that Clancy's brother in the FBI would be hired by Gideon at some point. If you remember Eva asked him if he worked in security and he said " not yet" which is a very telling answer to her question

Excellent  Observation! That makes sense.

Anyone know?

Hi Nrock

You are right. Megumi sounded horrible. Perhaps she was muffling her voice so as not to be heard by her could-be kidnapper.

I believe she went missing on the Monday Mr Giroux rings Eva up. I found it odd that Eva answered the call directly, since Megumi had always put through Eva's incoming calls so far.

I'm wondering who this kidnapper might be... Michael? Martin? (is he buying time when Eva asks him how she could reach Lacey, Megumi's flat-mate who Martin is dating?) I really don't know. Perhaps I'm watching too much C.S.I series these days!

After Angus (ex MI5!!!) helped Gedeon carry out Nathan's murder, I believe Stanton/Clancy took over. Stanton is a much more experienced financial mogul, and is likely to have more underworld connections than he cares to say. Maybe the Russian mob is actually involved....

I can't see his eyes, but YUM!!!

article-0-1A3EC910000005DC-972_634x949.j

O H   M Y   G O D!!!

Another restless night  here in Italy!!!!!

Please keep them coming because they really ae a treat.

:D