SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Question.

When at the hospital, Lizzy hugs Gideon . The story goes on to say,

He didn't hug her back. But he also didn't pull away. His grip on my hand tightened.

I'm not sure what to make of that statement. Did he feel uncomfortable, being hugged or touched by his mother? Or was surprised at her affection? Anyone care to enlighten me please.

That's not the first time she tried to hug him..! At the garden party she tried but he tensed, I think her not "loving him enough" causes him to be uncomfortable with her..!!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eva's Google research indicated the Lucas' marital status as married. It's possible that since changed, but since Eva's whole reason at that time (the morning after the fundraiser dinner fiasco) was to check out Terry's wife (brunette paranoia) it might be possible that the Lucases have since divorced. Because the picture Eva checked out obviously was outdated -- Anne had a short hair style in it, but Anne's hair was longer when Eva saw her in the flesh at the very end of Entwined.

I do find it very odd that the Lucases apparently don't attend functions together. The night of the Fundraiser Fiasco, Terry obviously was stag. Meanwhile, it would appear Anne was stag at the dinner at the very end of Entwined.

It would make sense that if Terry "lost" Anne because of Gideon, he'd be even more bitter. C'mon -- after a woman has had Gideon Cross, is she gonna go back to Terry? The point at which Gideon got his revenge by "breaking" Anne was dumping her as soon as she announced she was going to leave Terry for Gideon.

I know right..! I wouldn't go back to my husband either..! Lol..!

I'm starting to think, too, that Gideon would NOT have known, when he first started revenge F(&^*** Anne, who her brother was. But during the affair, he found out.

Perhaps at the time he first sought to get even with Terry, all he knew at that time was the role Terry played in what happened to him (Gideon) as a child -- branded a liar and even his own mother sided against Gideon. Perhaps when things started out with Anne, Gideon knew that Terry lied -- but not why Terry lied.

What if during pillow talk with Anne, Gideon found out who Anne's brother was -- and that's how he pieced together Terry's motive for lying.

In North Carolina, Gideon told Eva that Anne was supposed to be a one-night stand, but Anne kept going back for more, and so Gideon let things continue -- in order to cause even deeper pain to Terry. Might this have been one of Gideon's half-truths -- the full story being that in bed, Gideon found out why Terry lied, to protect family, and so that was why Gideon calculatedly decide to ratchet up his (Gideon's) revenge for Terry having caused such a rift in the Vidal family?

I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I read somewhere that Henry C. was gay (not that there is anything wrong in that), but it does put a damper on all the fantasising(spelling) :( but he is nice to look at. Maybe Superman will prove me wrong.

Naww he's not gay. He doesnt look or act like the type of Hollywood guy who hooks up with woman for publicity so everyone thinks he's straight. To me he seems like a guy who gives no and just lives his life. He's a very intellectual and deep guy and you can tell from interviews, i dont think he would hide his sexual orientation. Matt Bomer is gay but hes fooineee (yes the typo was on purpose lol)

As a potential future psychologist Anne disgusts me. She should have her license revoked and not be allowed to practice in any state. If she really did manipulate the whole Corinne situation that's beyond f***** up. She's a mental health care professional (sans the professional) and if the board finds out she had something to do with what happened to Corinne she could kiss her career adios! Even if shes a fictional character it bothers me because as a current psych student i see how difficult it is to become a Dr. And for someone to just throw it all away like that me off! Ethically Anne is on a whole other level of f***** up. And so is Terry!

Hi MicheleWV,

You bring up a good point that never occurred to me. You could very well be correct in thinking that Gideon wouldn't have been expecting everyone to be gathered in the waiting room. I don't know if Elizabeth and Corinne joined forces but it could be possible that Elizabeth was still in close contact with Corinne's parents and that is why she was at the hospital.

A child attempting suicide is a very tragic and personal thing. I couldn't see a mother picking up the phone and calling her friends to let them know about something like this. I think this is the type of situation that someone would keep private and only tell the closest of people. I don't think that the parents would have wanted the outside world to know.

It could also be pure coinsidence that Elizabeth Vidal may have been somewhere with one or both of Corinne's parents (like at a lunch or dinner, etc.) when they got the news about their daughter and Elizabeth may have come with them. What do you think? What does everyone think?

Christopher Jr. Corrine was in contact with him. I'd say he's behind them all ending up together. And no doubt, Corrine has reached out to all involved to get Gideon back. She's really pi$&ing me off LoL. It's no longer Gideon's place to run to her side. Stop it Gideon!

Ah, well, Microsoft gives us a couple of cool ways to copy and paste. I'm personally a fan of advanced use of the mouse to pull up little shortcut menus, but here is the Copy-Paste 101 Method

1. In the Word document, use the menu bar to select "select all" -- that'll highlight your entire text.

2. In the Word document, use the menu bar to select "copy"

3. Go into a Reply to this topic box here and click in box to get your cursor positioned, just like you'd do to start hand-typing something here.

4. There are two Word-like menu bars at the top of the text. The one you want is on the top bar, far right side, the second to last icon. It looks like a little clipboard and it has the "W" letter on it. That button is "Paste from Word"

5. Click it and that should work.

If your security software doesn't let that direct paste work, it'll pull up a "Paste" box for you to do it old school with your keyboard - holding down the "Ctrl" button at the same time as hitting the letter V on the keyboard.

If this doesn't work, we'll come up with a plan B -- I'm dying to see those charts.

Hi, LN Cronan

I've been experimenting with your tips. Now I know how to copy paste from Word document.

Thank you *hugs*

Really once again setting the "twin demons" aside a lot of the angst in the series stems from Gideon's cluelessness about relationships and women. Thank God he has Eva and her street smarts to set him straight. He just cannot see Corinne as the conniving, desperate female she is ... I mean Eva already pointed out to him that he is the ultimate prize and women will do anything to get him. They are lining up now because they saw that the ICEMAN did indeed thaw, maybe they think he's ready for marriage now and they all want to queue up but OMG Corinne, Deanna, Anne, Magdalene and all the other unnamed brunettes ...Hopefully GidEva will not be forever plagued by these desperate exes as Gideon says there has to come a point where they realize there is no chance and I hope that point comes soon for their sake because you would hate to see their marriage constantly bombarded with these bullying brunettes and the lone red head of course!!!

Hi sscrph

once again luck is what prevents Gedeon from really f***ing up everything. He insists on marrying Eva because he doesn't know how to put up with the Brett situation. With their new status comes a new awareness; Gedeon says : "It's starting to go away........ The worry. It feels safe, doesn't it?  ...... Settled. it's a good feeling."

Now that their bond is officially indissoluble (albeit a secret one) they both feel stronger, and hopefully will be able to keep their enemies away.

Remember: In the beginning, Eva told Gideon that he set the tone. Even though Brett has been told they are just friends, Eva is there to support him. Without admitting it, she's following Gideon's lead. Every time Gideon is in contact with Corrine, Eva and Brett end up connecting via a call, lunch, etc. Brett's band doesn't need Eva for Golden to move forward. She even said that the crowd wasn't enthusiastic for her when she stepped out of the limo at Times Square. And Cary reminded her that NO means NO. She's flirting with disaster because of Brett's bold statement about being inside her. She needs to Cut. Him. Off. Gideon may be Kung Fooing on Brett again. I can't see him letting his new bride go to SD with just Cary and knowing the band will be there... and the Russian mob maybe wanting to kidnap her.

Remember: In the beginning, Eva told Gideon that he set the tone. Even though Brett has been told they are just friends, Eva is there to support him. Without admitting it, she's following Gideon's lead. Every time Gideon is in contact with Corrine, Eva and Brett end up connecting via a call, lunch, etc. Brett's band doesn't need Eva for Golden to move forward. She even said that the crowd wasn't enthusiastic for her when she stepped out of the limo at Times Square. And Cary reminded her that NO means NO. She's flirting with disaster because of Brett's bold statement about being inside her. She needs to Cut. Him. Off. Gideon may be Kung Fooing on Brett again. I can't see him letting his new bride go to SD with just Cary and knowing the band will be there... and the Russian mob maybe wanting to kidnap her.

I like your thinking!!

Julie, I really doubt Gideon would have slept with her knowing that she knew her little brother raped him..! Further more why would she want to sleep with someone her brother was accused of raping.!? There would be no need for Gideon to "payback" Dr Lucas.! Him sleeping with Anne was his payback to Lucas for lying..! If she already knew what her brother did the would be no need for Gideon to sleep with her ..!

Gideon was only 10/11 when the abuse started. The shrink mainly saw his mother, he was left alone with Hugh. When Anne came on to Gideon he wouldn't of had a clue who she was to start with. When he twigged it was Gideons way of payback on Terry for lying about his abuse.

As the affair progressed, perhaps Gideon somehow found out about the family connection. That's when he sent her packing back to Lucas, after she was going to leave Terry Lucas. I'm not sure yet about her reasons for bedding Gideon, she may not have known about Hugh's abuse till after the affair finished and Hugh killed himself. Gideon took revenge on Terry for falsifying examination results. I just need to know time frames between the affair and Hugh's suicide. Which came first? When did Gideon confront Hugh. The statue of limitations I think someone said was seven years, so Gideon had to be early twenties? I know it's complicated. But I know where I'm going. Sorry.

Very much cause and effect:

Reflected:

Gideon takes Corrine out dinner Monday

Eva takes Brett out to lunch Tuesday

Early Entwined:

Gideon swears No More Corrine

Eva tests him by putting him into a position where he can demand No More Brett (starting with asking Eva to cancel Times Square).

To his credit, Gideon didn't ask Eva to cancel. He recognized he had no right in the world to tell her whether or not she could appear at a public function with a "friend" who is an ex -- not after that Kingsman Vodka thing where Gideon took Corrine and went out of his way to make sure it got covered.

The more I think about it, Chapter 6 showed Eva's not yet convinced Gideon will keep his word "no more Corrine."

In Chapter 6, Eva specifically asked Gideon to bring his sister Ireland to events (i.e. business dinners) where it would be more appropriate for him to have someone with him, not go stag and upset some boy-girl-boy-girl seating arrangement with an even number of people instead of an odd number at a table.

So in Chapter 6, Eva was still testing him. Including continuing to hold Brett over his head as insurance against him ever appearing in public again with Corrine beside him.

The abuse started off as handjobs. "Teaching Gideon how to master*ate correctly". Probably after the examine to identify if Gideon was abused and nothing was found, Hugh escalated the abuse up to rape. Penetration.

That's why Gideon said he didn't do anal play.

Thanks Julie, poor Gideon :(

The more I think about it, Chapter 6 showed Eva's not yet convinced Gideon will keep his word "no more Corrine."

In Chapter 6, Eva specifically asked Gideon to bring his sister Ireland to events (i.e. business dinners) where it would be more appropriate for him to have someone with him, not go stag and upset some boy-girl-boy-girl seating arrangement with an even number of people instead of an odd number at a table.

So in Chapter 6, Eva was still testing him. Including continuing to hold Brett over his head as insurance against him ever appearing in public again with Corrine beside him.

Yea I agree with you, she still wasn't sure that he was done with Corinne like he said he was.

My theory, Sheens, is that things started with Hugh mentally/emotionally manipulating the child into hand jobs ... BUT THEN ... the coast became clear for Hugh to escalate to forcible anal penetration after his brother-in-law, Terry Lucas, convinced Gideon's mother that the "abuse" was simply some figment of the messed-up kid's imagination.

What if the real way Elizabeth failed her son was far worse than her failing to believe him. What if she had allowed Hugh to continue to have access to him -- the severity (and possibly frequency) of the abuse skyrocketed, and Gideon truly was helpless at that point, because no one believed him -- not his family, not pediatricians, no one.

Thanks LN, it is horrible to think these things happen but I know they do :(

I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I read somewhere that Henry C. was gay (not that there is anything wrong in that), but it does put a damper on all the fantasising(spelling)  :(  but he is nice to look at.    Maybe Superman will prove me wrong.

Hi Jmhope,

No he was engaged to an olympic show jumper, can't remember her name and is now in a relationship with a lovely lady who was his co-actor on his film before Superman :)

You know what I'm struggling with? Why all of a sudden Elizabeth thinks Eva is to blame and she said to her "I won't let you take him away from me?!"

It was clear from the get go that Gideon and his mums relationship was strained to say the least, to be honest with his whole family!! Why is she suddenly pushing the blame onto Eva, I don't think Gideon acted any different to his mum before and after he met Eva! Is it purely cos Eva called her out on the abuse?!

Hi Whiteybitey

I think that dear Lizzie simply can't stand to lose her son to a cop's daughter. She doesn't like to be called out on the abuse because perhaps she still believes that nothing happened to Gedeon and Eva is only putting "fat lies" into his head

Moreover, I have a nagging sensation that it's Lizzy again who might be feeding Deanna's hatred of Gedeon, because when she (Lizzie)  confronts Eva at the dinner gala she says "I know about you and that lead singer. I'm on to you.", which isn't something you say if you just happen to read the gossip column... you say that if you're up to something!!!

I had a thought and am wondering what everyone else thinks. Gideon is wearing a wedding band at this point. Did Lizzie (bth_emoticon_laughing.gif )  not notice this?

Yes because didn't Eva say that Gideon did not care if anyone saw it and who he belonged to!!

I had a thought and am wondering what everyone else thinks. Gideon is wearing a wedding band at this point. Did Lizzie (bth_emoticon_laughing.gif )  not notice this?

I was thinking the same thing-didn't anyone notice?

Also did Eva get a wedding band or is Lizzie's ring considered her wedding ring?

I wonder if they're both still wearing their promise rings.

Gideon was only 10/11 when the abuse started. The shrink mainly saw his mother, he was left alone with Hugh. When Anne came on to Gideon he wouldn't of had a clue who she was to start with. When he twigged it was Gideons way of payback on Terry for lying about his abuse.As the affair progressed, perhaps Gideon somehow found out about the family connection. That's when he sent her packing back to Lucas, after she was going to leave Terry Lucas. I'm not sure yet about her reasons for bedding Gideon, she may not have known about Hugh's abuse till after the affair finished and Hugh killed himself. Gideon took revenge on Terry for falsifying examination results. I just need to know time frames between the affair and Hugh's suicide. Which came first? When did Gideon confront Hugh. The statue of limitations I think someone said was seven years, so Gideon had to be early twenties? I know it's complicated. But I know where I'm going. Sorry.

Why are you sorry..!? Your entitled to your own opinion.! And I see where your going with it also..!!

For weeks, Gideon has been wearing a ring on his right hand. Maybe some people might assume he's added a promise ring to his left hand, kind of a "male engagement ring."

The problem is -- sooner or later someone is going to ask about the ring. I can see Gideon answering truthfully it's his wedding ring. Because honestly, he'd love to shout to the world Eva is his wife. It's at Eva's request right now they're spreading the engaged version -- and it's purely because she wants to give Monica the opportunity to plan a big wedding. I can see that getting tossed out early in Book 4 though. Between the radical shifts going on in the mother-daughter relationship, with Eva less and less willing to appease Monica, and the fact Brett is still out there .... well .... I wouldn't put it past Gideon to leak to Deanna that he and Eva are actually wed.

Hi Whiteybitey

I think that dear Lizzie simply can't stand to lose her son to a cop's daughter. She doesn't like to be called out on the abuse because perhaps she still believes that nothing happened to Gedeon and Eva is only putting "fat lies" into his head

Moreover, I have a nagging sensation that it's Lizzy again who might be feeding Deanna's hatred of Gedeon, because when she (Lizzie)  confronts Eva at the dinner gala she says "I know about you and that lead singer. I'm on to you.", which isn't something you say if you just happen to read the gossip column... you say that if you're up to something!!!

I suspect that Christopher Jr. knows about the sex tape and has told Lizzie .... and Lizzie is going to attempt to drive Eva away by threatening exposure (bad pun intended) if she doesn't end things with her son (so poor little Corrine can have him.)

I think the setting they were in at the time -- the middle of a high profile society event -- is what made Lizzie stop short of hitting Eva with the sex tape. Unfortunately, I can envision Lizzie calling up Eva the next morning (day one of Book 4).

I suspect that Christopher Jr. knows about the sex tape and has told Lizzie .... and Lizzie is going to attempt to drive Eva away by threatening exposure (bad pun intended) if she doesn't end things with her son (so poor little Corrine can have him.)

I think the setting they were in at the time -- the middle of a high profile society event -- is what made Lizzie stop short of hitting Eva with the sex tape. Unfortunately, I can envision Lizzie calling up Eva the next morning (day one of Book 4).

I hope Gid's there if she calls her!