SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Excellent point. Maybe Victor now knows about Nathan and knows about Gideon having removed the threat to Eva forever. He's keeping his mouth shut about the latter for right now. If Eva ever wants to open up to him, fine -- but for now, he'd rather avoid going there unless he absolutely has to.

Maybe he's watching what happens next with Gideon. Obviously, Gideon loves Eva enough to do anything to protect her -- and it's obvious now Gideon wasn't some sort of cheater. If Gideon now "does right" by Eva and makes her happy, then Victor will let sleeping dog lie. But just like Gideon has some proving to do to Eva, he's got some proving to do to Victor too. Thus -- watch and wait; step in only if Victor becomes concerned, but other than that, give his blessing to Gideon becoming his son-in-law.

If he knows all of this I wonder how internally he's dealing with that. Both being a concerned father and a police officer. I guess this is when his father role overshadows his cop role. Gideon took matters into his own hands (literally) and committed murder, Gideon killed his daughter's abuser something that victor probably would've wanted to do when he found out about what happened to Eva. I bet that's something he's struggling with just like Eva struggled with that knowledge as a cops daughter.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part about Victor puzzles me. Did Victor meet with Graves after he found out about Nathan? Was it, in fact, Graves who told Victor about Nathan? Victor called Eva on Sunday and said he was hopping on a plane right away. She expected him to show up in New York sometime that same day -- but she never heard from him again until Monday afternoon. Did Victor actually come to New York on Sunday and meet with Graves face to face first -- then made things appear like it wasn't until Monday he got to New York. yes, Eva picked him up at LaGuardia on Monday afternoon. But who's to say he didn't just go to the terminal and make it look like he just got off a plane, when in fact he'd been in New York since Sunday.

This part puzzled me too. i was actually surprised Victor went home after the cops turned up at Eva's on the Friday to tell them about Nathan's death. Seeing Eva's reaction to the news. I thought he would return quickly to give her support, thus finding out about the abuse. I got that bit right.

When she spoke to him on the Saturday, before he found out, he said he was going into the office. Which office, where? I think you could be right about him meeting Graves, back in New York. Then making it look like he'd just turned up at the airport. Good call.

This makes sense to me.  Graves & Victor would have a cop connection, however, I think Victor would fight for Gideon after he saw the evidence and pictures that Nathan took.  What father (or mother for that matter) could stand to look at what was done to his daughter?  Also, Graves and Victor both know from experience that Nathan wanted to kill Eva. 

Maybe that is when Gideon had the opportunity to talk to Victor and ask for Eva's hand.  Victor would have a different opinion of Gideon once he had all the facts.

I agree with that.

Page 119 in Entwined. When going to Monica's, Eva has a chat with Victor on the Saturday. Eva mentions that Monica has been sticking her nose in her(Eva's) business. Victor replies "Ah. Sometimes we parents do that when we are worried about our babies." Eva says he's never don't that. Victor replies "I haven't done it yet, that doesn't mean I won't, if I'm worried enough. I just hope I could convince you to forgive me."

He s still giving her the opportunity to come clean with him.

Ok. If its 8 in the morning in California, what time would it be in New York please?

Questions:

• Did Victor find out on his own through police channels about Nathan's juvie record -- and then manage to get copies of the court files? Or was it Graves who told him about Nathan?
  • If Victor did find out on his own, did he then on his own call Graves, knowing she was handling the investigation into Nathan's death?
  • If so, how much (or how little) did Graves tell Victor about Nathan's recent activities in New York? About Gideon's involvement? About Monica and Stanton's involvement?
  • Did Victor actually fly to New York on Sunday but keep that secret from Eva so that he could meet with Graves? Because the type of stuff she'd tell him isn't stuff they ought to have talked about on the phone -- it called for a face to face meeting someplace private.

IMO: 

Victor did his own research and found out as much as he could now that the records were unsealed.

When he came back to NYC (not sure if it was early or after Eva picked him up from the airport) he met with Graves and she filled in the blanks.  I believe she gave him all the information available including Gideon, Stanton & Monica.  Eva went to work so Victor had time to meet with the local PD and ask questions even if he didn't get to town early. 

I guess that it was because he found out everything that Stanton & Monica did allowed him to release some of his anger and then take Monica to bed.

This is a long shot but is it possible that Victor was in town and planted the bracelet? He would only have Eva's interests at heart and he could tell Gideon, "You're in the clear as long as you love my daughter and treat her right."

I'm just wondering if Victor did actually go home in the first place. Who saw him get on the plane? I always thought it a bit strange Victor going home, with Eva in the middle of a crisis. Bit of digging going on. Oh the plot thickens! :)

In chapter seven, Eva tells Gideon, not to lead Deanna on with any contact, that she's probably still digging in to him.

So what does the chump do at the end of the book. Three phone calls on his cell, a trip to the wine bar, and a chat at the dinner at Cipriani's. As Eva said, he's watering the weed! So love that expression!

Duh! Mr Clueless isnt listening to Mrs Streetwise.

This will come back to bite him in the bum!

Julie, Gideon has reasons for meeting with Deanna and he told Eva that she had been right and he had been wrong to think he could just handle Deanna by brushing her off. One he tells Eva that he knew he had been an a s s hole to her and decided to apologize to her. He meets her at a public bar so no one can get any ideas. I think also he was realizing Deanna was a bad enemy. But I hope he really was sincere in his apology - he had been a right pri*k even if she had come on strong. And virtue was rewarded - she gave him advance warning about the sex tape so he got some lead time before it hit the Internet and tabloids.

And Gideon was smart to make that deal about exclusive rights to the wedding photos. It would keep her from making more trouble amongst all the f-ed up group of Vidals, Girouxs, and who knows who else. Clever Gideon !

I'm just wondering if Victor did actually go home in the first place. Who saw him get on the plane? I always thought it a bit strange Victor going home, with Eva in the middle of a crisis. Bit of digging going on. Oh the plot thickens! :)

I wondered about that too but when I first read EWY I felt like he went home.  Of course the more I read and dissect I'm back to wondering if he is doing his own investigation in NYC.   Oh dear this is going to be a long wait for book 4.

This is a long shot but is it possible that Victor was in town and planted the bracelet?  He would only have Eva's interests at heart and he could tell Gideon, "You're in the clear as long as you love my daughter and treat her right."

Nathan was wearing the bracelet when Gideon stabbed him -- Gideon remembered that and told Eva as much. Therefore, someone had to have removed it from either the corpse itself in the hotel room before the police were called in -- or -- removed it from police evidence sometime later.

It is possible it did get removed from police evidence - maybe by Graves? But it's trickier to do without getting caught. There's meticulous record keeping in tracking every place a piece of evidence goes, a "chain of custody" that includes a paper trail. A paper trail that would have started at the medical examiner's office when Nathan's body was stripped bare for the autopsy. Everything that was on his body would have been bagged and then documented being taken by an NYPD officer to an evidence storage room. The person who received the bag at the storage room would document its arrival .... and so on. Every time someone wanted to go through the box (like Graves and her partner) they'd need to sign the box out and then sign it back in when finished.

Cops have to make certain there's an unbroken record of exactly where evidence goes and who exactly touches it -- because the defense gets copies of the chain of custody paperwork. Heaven help the prosecution if there's some sort of hole in the record. Because if the chain is broken, the defense has an excellent shot at getting the judge to throw out the piece of evidence.

When physical evidence does go missing (and it does happen -- usually because someone screwed up in putting it someplace other than where it was supposed to be) it is possible to backtrack to see "who had it last." Besides, even if the bracelet disappeared from the evidence box, photos of it on Nathan's corpse would exist -- both the photos taken of his body exactly as it lay where found, and then pictures taken again at the medical examiner's office.

Graves could have pulled it off at big risk -- maybe she's the real one behind the frame-the-Russian-move.

BUT ... I think it far more likely that Clancy -- who had Nathan under surveillance and would have known from Monica about the significance of that bracelet to Nathan -- entered the hotel room after Gideon left and took the bracelet himself, planning all along to later plant it somewhere in order to protect himself, Monica and Stanton from the possibility of murder conspiracy charges, were Gideon to get caught and arrested.

BUT ... I think it far more likely that Clancy -- who had Nathan under surveillance and would have known from Monica about the significance of that bracelet to Nathan -- entered the hotel room after Gideon left and took the bracelet himself, planning all along to later plant it somewhere in order to protect himself, Monica and Stanton from the possibility of murder conspiracy charges, were Gideon to get caught and arrested.

I agree.  I thought it was Clancy from the minute I read his comments to Eva that he would do anything to protect his family.

I have another thought.  I have really been angry with Brett and Eva going to see him about the video.  What if Eva confronts Brett about the video and he goes to Sam Yimara (spelling) and beats the crap out of him and gets the video back.  Eva saves Gideon a lot of money and she gets to destroy the tape and, best yet, Brett returns to my good graces.  (I really want to like him.)

I agree.  I thought it was Clancy from the minute I read his comments to Eva that he would do anything to protect his family.

I have another thought.  I have really been angry with Brett and Eva going to see him about the video.  What if Eva confronts Brett about the video and he goes to Sam Yimara (spelling) and beats the crap out of him and gets the video back.  Eva saves Gideon a lot of money and she gets to destroy the tape and, best yet, Brett returns to my good graces.  (I really want to like him.)

Brett's OK. Really, I have nothing against the guy -- he's trying fair and square to win back a woman he's loved for years. He's honestly making up for the way he treated her little better than a groupie back when he did have her. Now he's publicly put her up on a pedestal. And I think in the end that like Magdalene, he'll give up gracefully once he's firmly convinced he has no chance -- and he'll wish Eva all the happiness in the world.

Brett's OK. Really, I have nothing against the guy -- he's trying fair and square to win back a woman he's loved for years. He's honestly making up for the way he treated her little better than a groupie back when he did have her. Now he's publicly put her up on a pedestal. And I think in the end that like Magdalene, he'll give up gracefully once he's firmly convinced he has no chance -- and he'll wish Eva all the happiness in the world.

You really think it is ok to have the girl you love on a video having sex every which way but up.  They used a girl that Eva said looked like her and even the reporter thought it was her performing.  The golden video appears to be explicit and embarrassed Eva.  I don't think that is love.  Most men that love their girlfriends keep that a little more personal.   I don't think that video is a way to try to get back with someone. To me it told their fans that "golden" is a  little s l u t; that is a time that Eva is trying to get away from.  I'm not a Brett fan at the moment and he will have to go a long way to redeem himself for me. 

My fear is the tape will be leaked when Gideva announce their engagement. How can Gideon keep it unknown forever? I wish Brett was out of the picture all together! Maybe he can hook up with Deanna!

No I'm sure that the tape will not get out.  That would hurt our couple too much.  I can't see Sylvia letting it go that far.

You really think it is ok to have the girl you love on a video having sex every which way but up.  They used a girl that Eva said looked like her and even the reporter thought it was her acting performing.  The golden video appears to be explicit and embarrassed Eva.  I don't think that is love.  Most men that love their girlfriends keep that a little more personal.   I don't thing that video is a way to try to get back with someone. To me it told their fans that "golden" is a little s l u t; that is a time that Eva is trying to get away from.  I'm not a Brett fan at the moment and he will have to go a long way to redeem himself for me. 

Well, you do have a very valid point there about the video (the real video -- not the sex tape) being kinda disrespectful. Brett doesn't get that it is any more than he gets the fact the song can be misinterpreted too -- for him, it's all about him being sorry he took Golden for granted and would do anything now to win her love.

For such a smart, smart lady .... Eva surrounds herself with men who do dumb stuff on a regular basis. Exhibit 1: Gideon. Exhibit 2: Brett. Exhibit 3: BFF Cary. Any questions? ;) ;)  (couldn't resist getting silly)

You really think it is ok to have the girl you love on a video having sex every which way but up.  They used a girl that Eva said looked like her and even the reporter thought it was her acting performing.  The golden video appears to be explicit and embarrassed Eva.  I don't think that is love.  Most men that love their girlfriends keep that a little more personal.   I don't thing that video is a way to try to get back with someone. To me it told their fans that "golden" is a little s l u t; that is a time that Eva is trying to get away from.  I'm not a Brett fan at the moment and he will have to go a long way to redeem himself for me. 

I think it was a cruel thing to do to show that video in Time Square without warning her what the content was going to be!!  Your right it is not love at all!!

No I'm sure that the tape will not get out.  That would hurt our couple too much.  I can't see Sylvia letting it go that far.

As far as I can tell, unless Sam (or whomever is behind this) is trying to put the video out for reasons OTHER than making money, this video will never go out.  Gideon said that they are currently trying to stop this video from being released or buy it.  There is no amount of money Gideon would not pay to buy this video, so if money is what Sam wants than Gideon will just pay it...Simple enough.

However if they want something other than money, then there might be a problem.

I finished the Audio book today and one of the same things that bothered me when I read the book, bothered me when I listened to it.

I am really confused about the dating again/engagement/marriage. In the last chapter or two, it seems like Gideon and Eva cannot get their story straight. I realize that only the two of them as well as Angus knows that they are married. That is the only consistent part. They have yet to tell her Mom, Dad, Clancy, Richard, Chris, Ireland, Christopher, Mark, etc. that they are engaged. However they have told Cary, Elizabeth and Christine Fields (I am sure I am leaving some out). How is Christine not going to say something to Mark, which rightfully so would hurt his feelings. How can Eva have talked about this with her Mom in front of Cary and mentioned that they are talking about getting married, but that he has not proposed yet.

This might seem trivial, but it is really confusing why some know and others don't. I am all for them keeping their marriage a secret and keeping that to themselves for now, but as for the engagement that is strange. I mean they are both wearing rings already and how did Monica not notice it. It is like they are flaunting a secret.

You really think it is ok to have the girl you love on a video having sex every which way but up.  They used a girl that Eva said looked like her and even the reporter thought it was her performing.  The golden video appears to be explicit and embarrassed Eva.  I don't think that is love.  Most men that love their girlfriends keep that a little more personal.   I don't think that video is a way to try to get back with someone. To me it told their fans that "golden" is a  little s l u t; that is a time that Eva is trying to get away from.  I'm not a Brett fan at the moment and he will have to go a long way to redeem himself for me.

I was really bothered by the music video and I was astonished that Eva wasn't freaked out about what was understood to be a portrayal of her relationship with Brett - regardless of whether she was actually acting in it or not. Sure she admitted to Brett that it kind of bothered her, but then, as I recall, more or less tells him it's okay. (I didn't really want to re- read the scene again to check). And I can't believe that Gideon didn't totally go medieval on Brett's a**!