SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi MicheleWV,

What makes your think that Corinne and Christopher Jr. still had contact.  Jr. would have still been young when Gideon and Corinne were engaged and as such I don’t think that she would have spent a lot of time trying to develop a familial type of relationship with him.  What’s your theory (if you have one) on how these two wound up being friends if that?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a cruel thing to do to show that video in Time Square without warning her what the content was going to be!!  Your right it is not love at all!!

Hi Barb55, 

I agree with you.  I think it was definately cruel not to give Eva advanced warning about the video and what it was going to be like.  Which makes me wonder why Brett never said anything to Eva about the video.  Did he honestly think that Eva would be thrilled by that video footage?  How did he justify that to himself?  I don't believe for one second that Brett hadn't seen that video before the launch party.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  

Hi MicheleWV,

Good point!  You are correct in linking the correlation between Gideon seeing Corinne and Eva seeing Brett.  I personally can’t figure out why Eva would have attended the Vidal Launch Party.  Eva knew the song and the lyrics (which were pretty clear), so I don’t know why she would have attended. 

You also make an interesting observation about the mob.  If they helped to cover the crime of a murdered man (despicable as he was), then ‘who’s to say that they wouldn’t kidnap Eva for one reason or another?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

As far as I can tell, unless Sam (or whomever is behind this) is trying to put the video out for reasons OTHER than making money, this video will never go out.  Gideon said that they are currently trying to stop this video from being released or buy it.  There is no amount of money Gideon would not pay to buy this video, so if money is what Sam wants than Gideon will just pay it...Simple enough.

However if they want something other than money, then there might be a problem.

Hi Fayeth, 

Other than the obvious; money or embarrassment, what other options could there be?  It is a se* tape.  So many people put those out and sell them all the time.  Other than a little temporary embarrassment, what else could there be?  Do you have any ideas?  Thoughts?

Hi Gabri,

I think that Eva and Elizabeth Vidal’s relationship went straight into the toilet the moment Eva confronted Elizabeth Vidal about her neglect and lack of belief in Gideon when he confessed to his mother about being abused.  As soon as that happened, I think Elizabeth Vidal HATED Eva instantly and that there was no going back.  Eva would be on the permanent shi* list!  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Sharonm745,

I agree with your assessment. As I have stated in other posts I too believe that there was physical documental evidence of se**** abuse.

Your theory about Jean Francois finding Corinne is quite plausible.  Now all we have to do is wait for the next installment to confirm our suspicions.  I agree as well, Gideon needs to step back from this entire situation.  If he hasn’t done, so he needs to have one final conversation with Corinne in front of her doctors and tell her the truth.  After that adios!  Never the twain shall meet again. 

Hi Sharonm745,

I read your posting and I wonder what would Christopher Jr. have to gain by telling his mother about the se* tape (if he knew about it).  Why would he want to drive a wedge between Eva and his mother?  What does Christopher Jr. get out of the deal?  What does he stand to gain, if anything?      What’s your theory?  What does everyone think?

I finished the Audio book today and one of the same things that bothered me when I read the book, bothered me when I listened to it.

I am really confused about the dating again/engagement/marriage. In the last chapter or two, it seems like Gideon and Eva cannot get their story straight. I realize that only the two of them as well as Angus knows that they are married. That is the only consistent part. They have yet to tell her Mom, Dad, Clancy, Richard, Chris, Ireland, Christopher, Mark, etc. that they are engaged. However they have told Cary, Elizabeth and Christine Fields (I am sure I am leaving some out). How is Christine not going to say something to Mark, which rightfully so would hurt his feelings. How can Eva have talked about this with her Mom in front of Cary and mentioned that they are talking about getting married, but that he has not proposed yet.

This might seem trivial, but it is really confusing why some know and others don't. I am all for them keeping their marriage a secret and keeping that to themselves for now, but as for the engagement that is strange. I mean they are both wearing rings already and how did Monica not notice it. It is like they are flaunting a secret.

Hi Fayeth, 

You are right.  Gideon and Eva are keeping a HUGE secret in plain sight!  I wonder if anyone will figure it out before they walk down the isle a second time.  Time  will tell. :)

Hi Barb55,

I don’t personally think that Gideon and Corinne spent a lot of time with either of their families.  He could barely stand to spend an extended amount of time with Corinne, let alone anyone else.  I sincerely couldn’t see either of them attending a family function or that the engagement would have even been celebrated with a party of sorts by either family.

I think that once Gideon proposed and Corinne said yes, he realized the error of his ways.  I think that he became panic stricken and started to realize just exactly what being engaged to the “wrong†woman would mean to him and his life (which may have also made him panic even more).

I think that maybe Elizabeth Vidal may have manipulated the situation.  I am sure that Corinne would have run home to her family gushing that Gideon (the man that she was crazy in love with) and she were getting married and I think that Corinne’s parents picked up the phone to contact Elizabeth Vidal and thus began the closeness and “pseudo wedding planningâ€. 

I think that the families were friends, said hi, got together occasionally and probably ran in the same   social circles, but the advent of the upcoming wedding probably made these families come together even more.  What does everyone else think?

Hi Gigi

Ah, but Gideon didn't propose, Corinne did. He just bought her a ring.

Hi Donnad,

I kind of felt sorry for Jean Francois, but then again I didn’t.  I definitely felt sorry for him when he found out that his wife had been pregnant but had miscarried due to the attempted suicide, but then again, in a way I didn’t feel too sorry for him.  The obviously dropped the ball on his marriage and didn’t care enough to chase after a woman he married.  It is clear that this is a really complicated situation…sigh!

Hi Rogue,

Your theory about none of the Vidal knows about the sex tape sounds plausible to me.  I could also see Christopher Jr. telling his mother about the fight between Brett and Gideon and Eva being the cause of that.  I could also see Christopher Jr. telling his mom that Eva and Brett were dating again (or so it appeared that way when he saw them at the event together).

Other than that I just see what motive Christopher Jr. could possibly have for wanting the se* tape or using it to blackmail Eva or Gideon with it.  He already has money…unless the family business is in financial trouble….or just wants to hurt his brother for spite’s sake.  All the reasons don’t seem concrete enough for me.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi

Ah, but Gideon didn't propose, Corinne did. He just bought her a ring.

Hi Julie, 

What I meant to say was that once Gideon and Corinne got engaged, he started to nail his own coffin shut and that's when the panic began to sink it.  Gideon was beginning to understand the magnitude of what it would mean to keep his secrets from Corinne and I think that set him off even further. 

Hi Rogue,

Gideon was wearing his wedding band and his “promise band†one on each ring finger.  Eva wore her ring of engagement on one hand and her “promise band†on the other ring finger.  There was no mention made as to whether Eva wore a wedding band as well or whether she would wait to wear one for the “public†wedding.  Does anyone know specifically or offhand? 

Hi Sheens263,

I think that Eva will get a wedding band if she doesn’t already have one in her pocket.  I think that she isn’t wearing one because she doesn’t want to call attention to the fact that they are already married.  She is saving face for her mother and friends.  I don’t think that Gideon wearing a band won’t attract that much attention though.  Some people may see it as a promise band and might not read too much into it.  It isn’t a traditional design and that may be its saving grace.

Hi Sharonm745,

I think that Detective Graves is playing with Eva.  I don’t think that they have dropped this murder investigation in the least and I also think that Gideon is still being investigated quietly.  All of the circumstances surrounding Nathan’s murder and then the link to the Russian mob may all be far too convenient for the “good detectiveâ€.   I can’t see her buying the scenario presented hook, line and sinker.  On one hand we are too harsh and don’t give detectives enough credit, but on the other hand we are just supposed to believe that seasoned detectives will believe that whole “Nathan†set-up?  I don’t buy it.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Sharonm745,

What is described by Eva and her thoughts sounds like a teenage girl fantasizing about some rock star.  It is almost as if she reverts back into being a teenage girl and not a grown woman.  Maybe it is something that she has to work through, or maybe she just needs to dump his records into the trash and look for another group to listen to; one that won’t bring up these memories for her.

Hi Rogue,

Your theory about none of the Vidal knows about the sex tape sounds plausible to me.  I could also see Christopher Jr. telling his mother about the fight between Brett and Gideon and Eva being the cause of that.  I could also see Christopher Jr. telling his mom that Eva and Brett were dating again (or so it appeared that way when he saw them at the event together).

Other than that I just see what motive Christopher Jr. could possibly have for wanting the se* tape or using it to blackmail Eva or Gideon with it.  He already has money…unless the family business is in financial trouble….or just wants to hurt his brother for spite’s sake.  All the reasons don’t seem concrete enough for me.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi

Chris I can see, having the sex tape, would give him enormous power over Gideon. One over on his brother at long last. Chris is a snake on a good day. He is jealous of Gideon in all things, past and present. I think having that tape, he might hope Gideon would relinquish his rights to have over all control of Vidal records, in return for it (don't mess with your big bro Chris, he'll have your nuts on a platter). Chris doesn't care who he treads or hurts on to get what he wants. Magdalene found out the hard way.

I've been wondering that too

Hi Peachies & Kirsten, 

I think that Elizabeth Vidal was too busy glaring at Eva and then at the engagement ring to notice anything else.  I think her brain shut down when she saw the ring.  After that I think she was seeing big black spots in front of her. 

Hi Julie, 

What I meant to say was that once Gideon and Corinne got engaged, he started to nail his own coffin shut and that's when the panic began to sink it.  Gideon was beginning to understand the magnitude of what it would mean to keep his secrets from Corinne and I think that set him off even further.

Oh definitely. There's no way he could have a "normal" marriage. Bless him.

Hi Gabri,

I personally don’t think that Brett is all that great.  I think that he was an absolute horn dog and continues to search for his muse.  Never once during his conversations with Eva did he truly apologize for acting the way he did and for using her.  I think he liked the way he looked in Eva’s eyes and never once took her feelings into consideration when they were dating (cough, cough…yea right?!). 

Hi Jennpenn926,

I don’t think that Graves is pulling for Eva and Gideon either.  I think that she is keeping her suspects close to her so she can keep tabs on them and maybe someone might slip and provide some incriminating evidence to her.  I also think that if Graves found a shred of evidence against Gideon, she would haul his behind down to the grey bar motel faster than he could whistle Dixie!  What do you think?  What does everyone else think?